PDA

View Full Version : If Missouri beats KU and OU...

alnorth
11-17-2007, 08:28 PM
It wont matter if KU or OU won out, but if Mizzou does it, then tOSU, WVU, the Big 10, and the Big East will all bitterly regret not having a championship game. Years ago, a championship game was seen as a possible danger to trip up a strong team, but in a year without 2 dominant teams, you really need it in your conference.

Someday those idiots in the Big East, PAC 10, and Big 10 will wake up. We have parity now, and more often then not you need every chance to showcase your best teams.

Reerun_KC
11-17-2007, 08:31 PM
MU/KU wins out they are in the NC game..

OU loses tonight and wins out they are in a BCS game but not the NC....

alnorth
11-17-2007, 08:33 PM

You completely missed my point. tOSU had an impressive win today and WVU is beating a good team now. If they had a championship game to look forward to, they'd have a legit chance to leapfrog MU, but since they dont they are screwed unless all the Big 12 teams lose.

Spott
11-17-2007, 08:35 PM

You know what really sucks? If that happens, OU and Texas would likely get the BCS bids and MU/KU would get lesser bowls because Texas "travels better" and is a more nationally known program.

Reerun_KC
11-17-2007, 08:35 PM
You completely missed my point. tOSU had an impressive win today and WVU is beating a good team now. If they had a championship game to look forward to, they'd have a legit chance to leapfrog MU, but since they dont they are screwed unless all the Big 12 teams lose.

Oh sorry....

Reerun_KC
11-17-2007, 08:37 PM
You know what really sucks? If that happens, OU and Texas would likely get the BCS bids and MU/KU would get lesser bowls because Texas "travels better" and is a more nationally know program.
I think if MU wins, KU should get a BCS game with one loss, but MU would have to beat OU to get that to happen.

IF KU wins, and loses to OU, then all hell would break lose.

Spott
11-17-2007, 08:39 PM
I think if MU wins, KU should get a BCS game with one loss, but MU would have to beat OU to get that to happen.

IF KU wins, and loses to OU, then all hell would break lose.

I hate the way bowl systems work. I think the BCS is just waiting to screw one or both of us like they did Kansas State a few years back when they sent them to the Alamo Bowl.

BWillie
11-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I hate the way bowl systems work. I think the BCS is just waiting to screw one or both of us like they did Kansas State a few years back when they sent them to the Alamo Bowl.

If the North wins the Big 12 Championship, the winner is going to the BCS Championship game PERIOD. I have no doubts in my mind about it.

Spott
11-17-2007, 09:19 PM
If the North wins the Big 12 Championship, the winner is going to the BCS Championship game PERIOD. I have no doubts in my mind about it.

But if OU wins it, both of our teams could get screwed.

Mecca
11-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Um..The Pac 10 notice the 10.....and Big 10, basically 11......don't have 12 teams so they can't play a championship game..

You should probably read up on that before you call them morons like they just elect to not play one.

morphius
11-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Um..The Pac 10 notice the 10.....and Big 10, basically 11......don't have 12 teams so they can't play a championship game..

You should probably read up on that before you call them morons like they just elect to not play one.
Because they have 10 or 11 teams they "can't"? Umm, they can if they want to, they can set it up how ever they want. It doesn't have to be "north" versus "south" There are 16 teams in the AFC and they can have 2 playoff games in a week, I know it is almost inconceivable.

alnorth
11-17-2007, 09:33 PM

Well, no kidding. They are ***MORONS*** for not expanding their conferences when everyone else was doing the same. Tradition and what they'd like matters not, they need to have a championship game now, or they will have many years where the best team in conference is screwed.

alnorth
11-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Because they have 10 or 11 teams they "can't"? Umm, they can if they want to, they can set it up how ever they want. It doesn't have to be "north" versus "south" There are 16 teams in the AFC and they can have 2 playoff games in a week, I know it is almost inconceivable.

He's actually right, you need 12 or more teams for a championship. I thought that was common knowledge so I didnt spell that out in my first post.

morphius
11-17-2007, 10:04 PM
He's actually right, you need 12 or more teams for a championship. I thought that was common knowledge so I didnt spell that out in my first post.
I don't care that much about college ball, where is there an obscure rule that says that?

Mecca
11-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Ah yes who are they gonna put in? Let's put San Diego state in the Pac so we can play a championship game...I'm sure that would be great...

Let's put some ass school in the Big 10 too like..Nothern Iowa.

ArrowheadHawk
11-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Ah yes who are they gonna put in? Let's put San Diego state in the Pac so we can play a championship game...I'm sure that would be great...

notre dame could join a conference

Spott
11-17-2007, 10:09 PM

They could, but then every one else's strength of schedule would take a hit.

Basileus777
11-17-2007, 10:24 PM

And lose alot of money. Not going to happen as long as they have that TV deal.

alnorth
11-17-2007, 10:31 PM

Baylor certainly hasnt killed us and they actually do well in other lesser sports. Find a school that is good at some other sport, like wrestling, college baseball, women's volleyball, tiddlywinks, whatever.