PDA

View Full Version : Excited about watching Croyle, could give two shits about the Chiefs losing to Indy

Logical
11-18-2007, 02:53 AM
How many of you feel the same way?

irishjayhawk
11-18-2007, 02:55 AM

I

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2007, 02:58 AM
I honestly don't care if we win the rest of our games. I just want to see this organization try to develop a young QB. If that makes us better next year over this year, that's ok.

kcxiv
11-18-2007, 03:02 AM
I have had the same attitude since game 1. I knew we werent going to go far this year. We are rebuilding. Brodie is in and now we may even get to see Sippio play.

I am ok with rebuilding.

Micjones
11-18-2007, 03:09 AM
I still care about this team winning and losing games.

Reaper16
11-18-2007, 03:11 AM
Play the young guys. We're not the Patriots, so we're not doing shit this season. I don't give a damn if we win or lose any of the rest of the games this season. As long as we're actually developing talent for the future, that is.

So yeah, I feel the same as you.

Chiefs=Champions
11-18-2007, 04:12 AM
I’m for the first time all year excited to watch our offense play. Its gonna be great watching croyle tomorrow. However like always im hoping for a win, but this week a loss may be bearable.

KC_Connection
11-18-2007, 04:15 AM
I haven't even really considered the possibility that we could win.

Chris Meck
11-18-2007, 04:22 AM
Oh, we could win. If ever there were a time in this season in which we could beat the Colts, it would be now.

That being said, I don't expect to.

But I DO expect a Croyle led offense to have more juice than Huard. Brodie can/will throw downfield. This means the safeties had better play honest. This will help loosen up the 'box'.

Nobody respected Huard's deep game. When his decision-making proved suspect, it was the end for him.

Fairplay
11-18-2007, 04:31 AM
This is a rebuilding year, even Herm said so. Getting the win really doesn't matter. If we win it would be cool i guess. But i doubt we will.

Lets go for the draft pick.

This season is meaningless anyway from a W-L point of view. We just don't have the team to get anywhere in the playoffs.

MavKC
11-18-2007, 05:45 AM
I honestly don't care if we win the rest of our games. I just want to see this organization try to develop a young QB. If that makes us better next year over this year, that's ok.

This is exactly what I think.

gacoltdog
11-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Hello Chiefs fans. I hope we see a great game today with no new injuries to either team. Good luck to Brodie Croyle on his 1st NFL start. I lived in Denver for 20 years and had to put up with the obnoxious Donks fans. Now I live near Atlanta, and Falcons fans are pretty quiet right now. I've been a Colts fan for over 40 years. I was cheering for the Chiefs last week against the Donks, but it was a rough day for both our teams. :banghead:

If Croyle learns quickly, he could be the best qb in the West. Cutler and Rivers are still struggling and learning, and Russell will probably be another Raiders bust ;)

Not sure who all will be playing for the Colts today, but losing Freeney was a sad loss. Our D has really improved starting with the playoff game last year against your Chiefs. Hopefully Rice can contribute, but he's pretty old.

Micjones
11-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Croyle won't earn the respect of opposing defenses until he proves that he can make good decisions. A live arm won't do it alone.

chris
11-18-2007, 06:49 AM

Never OK to accept losing. Wrong mentality.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 07:05 AM
I haven't even really considered the possibility that we could win.That's because you're a Raider fan.

boogblaster
11-18-2007, 07:22 AM
The Golden-Boy will shine today ... KC by 3 ....

mikey23545
11-18-2007, 07:25 AM
There is never, <i>never</i> a week the Chiefs are playing that I don't care if they win or lose.

What a disgusting attitude by a bunch of born losers.

thehead
11-18-2007, 07:41 AM
There is never, <i>never</i> a week the Chiefs are playing that I don't care if they win or lose.

Or life long Chief fans
:deevee:

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2007, 07:50 AM

What a disgusting attitude by a bunch of born losers.At this point its not about winning, this season. Winning now is just icing on the cake. I'm ecstatic that, for the 1st time in 20+ years, I get to see the Chiefs develop a young QB. Nobody wants to lose this game.

kcgizmo
11-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Why would you except anything but a win, we must go into Indy thinking we can win, I do agree that with a new QB that it may be differcult, but he is not the only guy on this team, the rest of the team needs to step up and make things happen. I am glad to see Brodie get the start, but just think if the chiefs when this game how much sweeter it will be, and where this team may go this year. Positive attitude = Positive Results

NUMBER7
11-18-2007, 08:00 AM

Exactly I would have loved to have these clowns as my teammates. These are the same morons that kept yelling Broadie!, Broadie!, Broadie! when Huard threw a bad pass (while we were winning). Well you have your wish...the kid who could not win the job in preseason starts today. Let's hope for the sake of the Planet BC can do something beside puke on himself like he did in preseason against the Saints. The Chiefs are out of playoff picture and we are rebuilding. Maybe we can draft a true QB next year.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-18-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't think ANYBODY ecpects the Chiefs to win today. The Colts are at home and coming off two straight losses. That being said we all Want the chiefs to win because if we really didn't then we really wouldn't be Chiefs fans. I just hope Brodie shows us he's a future QB that this franchise can build on. Go Brodie! Go Priest! Go Bowe! Go Defense!

NUMBER7
11-18-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't think ANYBODY ecpects the Chiefs to win today. The Colts are at home and coming off two straight losses. That being said we all Want the chiefs to win because if we really didn't then we really wouldn't be Chiefs fans. I just hope Brodie shows us he's a future QB that this franchise can build on. Go Brodie! Go Priest! Go Bowe! Go Defense!

:bravo: Go Chiefs!

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 08:22 AM
a win would be awesome tasty gravy on a open face Croyle-plays-well sandwich...

Reerun_KC
11-18-2007, 08:33 AM
After watching Mr Folding Fetal for 8 1/2 weeks wobble launch his way to the bench, I cant wait to see Croyle..

Who cares about winning or losing this season. We should of been rebuilding from the start instead of wasting a 1/2 a season...

Stupid Coach and Management.

StcChief
11-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Brodie era starts today..... Light 'em up....

Rasputin
11-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Even tho we lost to the donkies and we have not had anything to hang our hats on. This is the most exited I've been all season. I think the Donkies did us a favor last week nocking out Huard. It is unfortunate that he had to leave that way, but our HC was too stuburn to make the change.

Our offense has looked like crap all season. If it wasn't for Brodie, this game would be nothing, but a L. With Brodie I think he gives us a fighting chance to stay in this game till the very end and who knows?

I am JACKED UP for this game. Brodie to D Bowe. Brodie to Tony Gonzo. Brodie to SIPPIOOOOO. Jeff Webb returning kicks!!! Hellz yea we are gonna kick it today. :rockon: :arrow:

Spott
11-18-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty apathetic about todays game. We are gonna get killed and Croyle probably won't look good making his first start on the road against the Super Bowl champs.

PHOG
11-18-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm hoping that BC shows enough today and the rest of the season to allow the front office to focus on other areas of the team next offseason.

Eleazar
11-18-2007, 09:15 AM
I just want to see Croyle grow. The rest of the season I'm treating like preseason games... because they basically are...

JBucc
11-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm excited to see Croyle but you should still want to win. Winning can only help him.

PHOG
11-18-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm excited to see Croyle but you should still want to win. Winning can only help him.

Oh yeah, would definately like to see a win too.

DeezNutz
11-18-2007, 09:30 AM
I would like to be excited about watching Croyle play, but my guess is that the coaching staff is going to be overly concerned with two things:

1.) Not getting him killed. Thus tons of three-step drops and chicken shit left/chicken shit right passes
2.) Not allowing him to turn the ball over on the road. Thus more short, short routes, etc.

I don't think Herm is going to let Croyle really "play" until the game is out of hand, unfortunately.

Coach
11-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I do hope that the Chiefs can win this game, but my concern is how Croyle will perform.

I am hoping that he does put up a respectful performance.

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Exactly I would have loved to have these clowns as my teammates. These are the same morons that kept yelling Broadie!, Broadie!, Broadie! when Huard threw a bad pass (while we were winning). Well you have your wish...the kid who could not win the job in preseason starts today. Let's hope for the sake of the Planet BC can do something beside puke on himself like he did in preseason against the Saints. The Chiefs are out of playoff picture and we are rebuilding. Maybe we can draft a true QB next year.LMAO

stevieray
11-18-2007, 09:34 AM

...beating Manning on the road in his first start?

let's put it this way..he'll be tearing it uo when he gets home.

evolve27
11-18-2007, 09:39 AM
I feel that way and it's easy to say right now, but while watching the game it get's pretty intense and I always want a Chiefs W.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Exactly I would have loved to have these clowns as my teammates. These are the same morons that kept yelling Broadie!, Broadie!, Broadie! when Huard threw a bad pass (while we were winning). Well you have your wish...the kid who could not win the job in preseason starts today. Let's hope for the sake of the Planet BC can do something beside puke on himself like he did in preseason against the Saints. The Chiefs are out of playoff picture and we are rebuilding. Maybe we can draft a true QB next year.

I thought all the True Fans had been shamed into hiding.

OnTheWarpath15
11-18-2007, 09:44 AM
I thought all the True Fans had been shamed into hiding.

At least he matched his screen name to his IQ.

OnTheWarpath15
11-18-2007, 09:46 AM
99% of the board chalked this game up as a loss when it came out on the schedule, now those same folks are crucifying those of us who just want to see the organization build for the future, win or lose?

Makes sense.

NUMBER7
11-18-2007, 09:52 AM
At least he matched his screen name to his IQ.

No clue at all...good luck junior...with the smack.

milkman
11-18-2007, 10:08 AM
99% of the board chalked this game up as a loss when it came out on the schedule, now those same folks are crucifying those of us who just want to see the organization build for the future, win or lose?

Makes sense.

I think that even those who say they don't care about a loss really do care.

However, they've accepted the fact that this is very likely a lost season, especially considering the fact that the Chiefs stayed with the wobble launcher for so long.

What happens in this scenario is that we root for a win, but with no expectation for that win.

The difference is that we finally have something to look froward to, a chance to see a young QB with potential upside, as opposed to a career noodle arm backup who doesn't give us any hope.

I'll root for the Chiefs to win.

A loss today, however, won't be a total loss, and thus not nearly so bitter.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Same here ... I'm just watching to watch football, not expecting a W in the least

Katie
11-18-2007, 10:13 AM
So what exactly constitutes a "successful" day by Croyle? Good decision making, few turnovers, passing yards?

NUMBER7
11-18-2007, 10:17 AM
So what exactly constitutes a "successful" day by Croyle? Good decision making, few turnovers, passing yards?

very good...and he escapes the game without a serious injury. This 'O" line s**ks.

milkman
11-18-2007, 10:17 AM

Starting.

NUMBER7
11-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Starting.

Gold.
ROFL

milkman
11-18-2007, 10:20 AM
very good...and he escapes the game without a serious injury. This 'O" line s**ks.

He's going to get beat up.
He's going to make mistakes.

What you want to see from him is his confidence intact, and progress mentally from game to game.

Any expectation for a good game today is only a dream.

Crashride
11-18-2007, 10:25 AM
I dont give a **** who the QB is anymore. We are only one game down in our division from leading and we have a good division record. Thats all I see. Lets win this shit.

Deberg_1990
11-18-2007, 10:30 AM

What you want to see from him is his confidence intact, and progress mentally from game to game.

I can see it now...

Some Postgame threads:

"Croyle sucks, switch back to Huard!"

"Is Croyle a bust?"

"Its official..we need to draft a 1st round QB next year"

Count on it...

Micjones
11-18-2007, 10:31 AM

It's unrealistic to expect your young QB to play well?
Our standards are dangerously low right now.

Let some fans around Chiefs Kingdom tell it and Croyle won't have to prove anything, to anybody, before next season.

This is the NFL.

Micjones
11-18-2007, 10:34 AM
I can see it now...

Some Postgame threads:

"Is Croyle a bust?"

Count on it...

I'll reserve judgment until he's played these last 7 games.
At that point a decision must come down.

If he has played well... Give him one full season (2008) to step into those QBOTF shoes. If he doesn't play well...
Draft someone or look to find a QB in FA.

OnTheWarpath15
11-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I can see it now...

Some Postgame threads:

"Is Croyle a bust?"

Count on it...

We've been seeing those threads since the PS.

At least the Brian Brohm threads died down.

milkman
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I can see it now...

Some Postgame threads:

"Is Croyle a bust?"

Count on it...

You're probably right.

That's the way some people are.

I won't be one of those people.

I'll wait to see how he progresses from game to game, and get a better idea as to how how he's shaping up by the end of the season.

I honestly don't believe that 7 games is enough to really evaluate his growth.

We can get an idea of how he holds up mentally, though.

That aspect of his development is probably the most crucial.

Otter
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I feel the exact same way. Just wish I didn't have to go to a sports bar on a shitty rainy afternoon to watch him.

Go Brodie!

BigMeatballDave
11-18-2007, 10:37 AM
I can see it now...

Some Postgame threads:

"Is Croyle a bust?"

Count on it...
It's unrealistic to expect your young QB to play well?
Our standards are dangerously low right now.

Let some fans around Chiefs Kingdom tell it and Croyle won't have to prove anything, to anybody, before next season.

This is the NFL.

Micjones
11-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Way to put words in my mouth.
Having expectations isn't exactly rushing to judgment.
I expect Croyle to play well...
But I won't simply "abandon ship" if he doesn't today...

He has time to earn his stripes.
6 more games after today...

Marcellus
11-18-2007, 10:45 AM
I am extremely excited to see Croyle start. This is almost like a playoff game to me. While I don't expect a win, I expect the team to show up and compete. I want a win and if we are in it and lose it stupidly I will be pissed.

If we lose but play respectable I will deal with it. We need to win the winnable games and even if we lose this game we could still win the division and we should do everything we can to win it.
Whoever says we should play for draft picks is insane.

chris
11-18-2007, 11:11 AM
After watching Mr Folding Fetal for 8 1/2 weeks wobble launch his way to the bench, I cant wait to see Croyle..

Who cares about winning or losing this season. We should of been rebuilding from the start instead of wasting a 1/2 a season...

This is a Stupid Post as winners always care about winning.

---------------

FYP :)

RckabillyRaider
11-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Good luck to your rookie QB. I actually hope he and Beck in Miami do well, so Kiffin would not be so hesitant to start our future in Russell! Even though I think Russell might see action today.

OnTheWarpath15
11-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Good luck to your rookie QB. I actually hope he and Beck in Miami do well, so Kiffin would not be so hesitant to start our future in Russell! Even though I think Russell might see action today.

One of the pregame shows said Kiffin is planning to start JR in two weeks against Denver.

Too bad we're gonna miss him.

:p

Inspector
11-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Excited to see the new era finally start but still rooting for a win. That's part of my overall gametime fun.

Coach
11-18-2007, 11:15 AM
You're probably right.

That's the way some people are.

I won't be one of those people.

I'll wait to see how he progresses from game to game, and get a better idea as to how how he's shaping up by the end of the season.

I honestly don't believe that 7 games is enough to really evaluate his growth.

We can get an idea of how he holds up mentally, though.

That aspect of his development is probably the most crucial.

I agree with this assessment. I feel that a QB needs at least 1 year minimum to 3 full years max to fully evaluate his growth.

ROYC75
11-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Indy after losing 2 in a row will eat him alive !

It will be a fugly game to watch.

OnTheWarpath15
11-18-2007, 11:17 AM
I agree with this assessment. I feel that a QB needs at least 1 year minimum to 3 full years max to fully evaluate his growth.

Absolutely.

Easy 6
11-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Sheriff Croyle paces thoughtfully across the jailhouse office, he knows what looms ahead...the Colt gang has it in for him, petty thieves & rustlers to be sure, but dangerous nonetheless. As he reaches for his gunbelt, he feels a twinge in his gut...is it nerves, or its uglier, meaner older brother fear??? naahhh, he tells himself...he knows what he has to do, he's been preparing for this moment his entire life...ever since Pa handed him his first gun.

He straps the belt on tight, guns loaded & hanging 6 inches down his hips...just like Pa taught him. He steps out into the deserted streets, the only sounds, his spurs clanking across the wooden walk & a lonely wolf howling lament in the distance. He takes a hard look down the streets, desolate & empty...or so it seems. But he knows, yup, he knows the shadows arent alone.

With a booming & confident voice he calls out "alright you rotten sonsabitches, here i am, you wanted it...well, YOU GOT IT". The gang, 11 in all, hunker down in their hides...behind the trough, the roof of the general store & cathouse, the alley next to the mill & seemingly every other dark corner. Only their leader, the infamous "Crazy Horse Sanders" dares step into the open as he laughs a wicked laugh & says "this town be ours sheriff, say your prayers". He doesnt quite get "prayers" spit out before Sheriff Croyle, fast as an angry mountain lion, pulls his blued steel & cranks off 2 shots that send Crazy Horse scurrying for the shadows.

Croyle quickly ducks into the livery as the cold night air rings out with a cacophony of crackling hot lead. BLAM BLAM as "Horseshoe Hayden" falls dead behind the trough, BLAM BLAM & "Jericho Jackson" keels off the roof of the cathouse. BLAM BLAM...BLAM BLAM BLAM as one after another drops into agonizing death. Now, its just he & Crazy Horse as Brodie steps from the barn "alright Sanders ya yellabellied coward come & get yers". But Crazy Horse has already mounted his stolen steed & races like mad for the hills, now, nobody ever acused the Sheriff of being cold-blooded, but he just cant resist a long distance shot at this brigand...steadying his breath & iron in one smooth motion he pulls ever so gently on the trigger...BLAM...as Sanders lurches in his saddle & falls from his ride stone dead.

He didnt start this fight, but by God he finished it...he smiles to himself & saunters over to the saloon for a celebratory bottle of Red-Eye.

There WILL be Law & Order in this town...or his name isnt Sheriff Brodie Croyle.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 11:40 AM
I can see it now...

Some Postgame threads:

"Is Croyle a bust?"

Count on it...

bingo

siberian khatru
11-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Anybody who makes a long-term judgment about Croyle based on this game should be handed a one-month suspension from ChiefsPlanet.

Sure-Oz
11-18-2007, 11:45 AM
I care if we win or lose and how croyle does.

patteeu
11-18-2007, 11:53 AM
1) I'm excited about seeing Croyle play today.

2) I still care about whether the Chiefs win

3) I just hope that all the impatient planeteers (you know, the ones who are already griping that Carl Peterson hasn't taken us to the promised land) don't turn against Croyle the first time he throws 3 INTs in a game and prevents us from winning.

J Diddy
11-18-2007, 11:54 AM

same boat

milkman
11-18-2007, 11:55 AM
3) I just hope that all the impatient planeteers (you know, the ones who are already griping that Carl Peterson hasn't taken us to the promised land) don't turn against Croyle the first time he throws 3 INTs in a game and prevents us from winning.

LMAO

OMFG!

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 11:59 AM
LMAO

OMFG!Was it the word "already" that got ya?

:)

Bearcat
11-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Peyton Manning is on my fantasy team, and my opponent is my only previous loss of the season.... So, while I hope the Chiefs don't embarrass themselves (which isn't "Croyle looks awful""), I need to win this week, too LMAO

LanceHunter
11-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Cool we get to see the same lame Solari play calling no matter who is the QB. At least Huard hasn't thrown 6 interceptions like Manning did last week. Is it obvious that Holmes isn't the same? Good thing the Jayhawks are playing well or there would be no joy in mudville. Let's start sayin it now, just wait till next year......... the Chiefs will be great ..... lets keep repeating that, at least until all the season tickets are sold hehehehe !

Bane
11-18-2007, 01:03 PM
The kid has one hell of an arm,lets just see if he can learn to use it.

King_Chief_Fan
11-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Cool we get to see the same lame Solari play calling no matter who is the QB. At least Huard hasn't thrown 6 interceptions like Manning did last week. Is it obvious that Holmes isn't the same as Johnson Good thing the MU Tiges are playing well or there would be no joy in mudville. Let's start sayin it now, just wait till next year......... the Chiefs will be great ..... lets keep repeating that, at least until all the season tickets are sold hehehehe !

fyp

King_Chief_Fan
11-18-2007, 01:29 PM
How many of you feel the same way? Oh yeah....great 56 yards for the first half throwing those 5 yarders. Solari still sucks