PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards is a Coward and a Loser.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
And no one can say otherwise.

Dungy plays to win.

Herm plays to lose.

HE WON'T EVEN TRY TO WIN.

AND WE ARE STUCK WITH HIM.

dj56dt58
11-18-2007, 02:54 PM
he's a ****ing douchebag who never seems to learn. and wtf was the last play?? even on the last play we play conservative...jesus christ i can watch this shit anymore

headsnap
11-18-2007, 03:00 PM
on Herm's graduated grading scale this was a win!

dirk digler
11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Herm is pathetic and no way should be allowed to coach a NFL team.

I hope Herm, Solari, and Dick Curl get syphilis from butt-****ing each other

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
They wouldn't let Croyle win the game.

How pissed should the D be?

Herm wastes one our best D efforts in Years. I hope Allen gets drunk and punches in him the pussy.

MIAdragon
http://www.snapoffracing.com/forums/images/smilies/7.gif http://www.snapoffracing.com/forums/images/smilies/bash.gif http://www.snapoffracing.com/forums/images/smilies/punch.gif http://www.snapoffracing.com/forums/images/smilies/behead.gif

F U Herm

kcpasco
Yep Herm is blaming turnovers field position and missed fg's. Someone please fire this ****ing retard now.

ThaVirus
11-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Manning with a 50% completion rate for only 163 and an INT...Addai with only 72 rushing yards...Reggie Wayne with 4 catches 75 yards and no TDs...Vinatieri only 2/4.

And we still couldn't find a way to win...

headsnap
11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Can, it's time to put Herm or at least Solari in the avi crapper.

We've gotten rid of Huard time to move on!

keep chopping wood...

FringeNC
Yep Herm is blaming turnovers field position and missed fg's.

Sickening. Just literally sickening.

The Bad Guy
Hilarious that no one blames Rayner for failing to do his job.

I get it though. Herm is to blame for all the problems, but gets ZERO credit for turning this defense into a contender and actually playing competitively on the road.

stevieray
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
right on cue...Huard to Herm.

The Bad Guy
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Yep Herm is blaming turnovers field position and missed fg's. Someone please fire this ****ing retard now.

So Kennison's fumble and Rayner's field goals mean nothing?

Interesting perspective.

Chief Pote
11-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I've watched these ****ers for 30 plus years and this is painful as any. They should fire herm immediately. Can anyone tell me if any other team misses more field goals in a years time than this pathetic team.

Chiefs Ad in the KC Star.....wanted field goal kicker that sucks apply within.

cookster50
I get it though. Herm is to blame for all the problems, but gets ZERO credit for turning this defense into a contender and actually playing competitively on the road.

How about winning? Playing "competitively" but not winning is worth about as much as our posts on the net.

MIAdragon

ok thats 1/2 the game what about his abysmal offensive performance and horrible mismanagement of the play clock.

headsnap

that wasn't a hard one to call.

the call for Herm has always been there...

Redcoats58

Interesting perspective.
You can overcome those mistakes with good play calling and good clock management, we did neither. That blame lies on Herm and Solari.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 03:11 PM

so what?

you have to at least TRY in the 4th quarter....there are no moral victories.

Herm played to lose. So we lost.

Reaper16
The team was passing vertically more with Huard. Now that Croyle, a QB who is actually adept at the deep ball, is starting Herm's gameplan is to be more conservative than at any point in the whole season?

I don't think the criticisms of the coaching staff are unwarranted here, and it would surprise me if you really think otherwise.

KcMizzou
I'm ****ing done.

I like what Herm's done with the roster... but this shit is unexcusable.

At some point Herm, it's your job to say, "Solari? WTF are we doing here? Any chance we might make even a half-assed attempt to move the ball when we're not behind?"

I've got no problem with our players or their effort. Our coaching staff needs to be shot.

Yesterday.

RedThat
11-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Herms biggest mistake was burning all 3 of his timeouts with like 2-3 minutes left in the game. Should of saved them for later.

EyePod
Does Herm call the plays? Did he tell our OC to run the ball/not throw the ball deep the last play? I didn't think he got involved.

The Bad Guy
How about winning? Playing "competitively" but not winning is worth about as much as our posts on the net.

Winning with a rookie QB, shit offensive line, and your 3rd string tailback against the SB champs?

I think a game like this is a building block. But it seems that everyone is ready to burn Herm's house down.

This loss sucks, but c'mon already.

headsnap

Interesting perspective.
If we had some decent or at least not-so-conservative playcalling they most likely would have meant nothing...

Chief Pote
The next person that says that a kicker is not important......**** that would be our entire offensive scheme. Herm says....just win by a point. Shitty coach. Please fire this ****.

Baby Lee
11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Before the game, Woohoo!!! We're building for the future.

After the game, we suck, we can't even beat the SB champs in their dome.

We have the stoooooopid fans.

Redcoats58
Does Herm call the plays? Did he tell our OC to run the ball/not throw the ball deep the last play? I didn't think he got involved.
Herm is the head coach, he can override any playcalling.

the Talking Can
Winning with a rookie QB, shit offensive line, and your 3rd string tailback against the SB champs?

I think a game like this is a building block. But it seems that everyone is ready to burn Herm's house down.

when you give up in the 4th quarter you deserve to be roasted....if you aren't to try to win then hit the ****ing road....

Even Dungy thinks Herm is a loser.

headsnap
11-18-2007, 03:15 PM

Moral victory, right... :rolleyes:

The Bad Guy
11-18-2007, 03:15 PM
If we had some decent or at least not-so-conservative playcalling they most likely would have meant nothing...

I'm fine with blaming Solari for this loss. But Solari's inability to coordinate a run game, which is what his strength was supposed to be, is the real problem with this team.

Against defenses with an interior line, he calls plays up Weiggman's ass every play. Against defenses with speed, he calls stretch plays.

Redcoats58
11-18-2007, 03:16 PM

Well except we wern't playing the SB champs we were playing their back-ups.

thehead
so what?

you have to at least TRY in the 4th quarter....there are no moral victories.

Herm played to lose. So we lost.

Agree , KC had a chance to win .Coaching lost this game even with the turn overs & missed FG we still had a chance. none play calling azz
:banghead:

stevieray
I'm ****ing done.

Yesterday.

uh huh..I love watching everyone cry their eyes out over a team that they already proclaimed sucks, then say, who the hell cares just as long as Brodie starts, then when said sucking team doesn't win, they freak out over a game they thought could never have been won anyway.

Denial of eating crow because the Chiefs played the Colts at home as well as anyone if not better...

This game is huge for Brodie...great confidence builder.

the Talking Can

is it really hard to understand that we had a chance to win and simply chose to punt?

what is the point of playing if you won't take a risk in the 4th quarter?

what do we have to lose?

headsnap

hey I'm thrilled we didn't get blown out but...

we had a chance to actually win this came and didn't take it!!!

The Bad Guy
11-18-2007, 03:17 PM
when you give up in the 4th quarter you deserve to be roasted....if you aren't to try to win then hit the ****ing road....

Even Dungy thinks Herm is a loser.

How the **** did they give up?

I think if you're not complaining, you're unhappy.

I'd hate to live with some of you people. It's like you get ****ed with a wooden dildo every minute of your life.

The Bad Guy
11-18-2007, 03:18 PM
is it really hard to understand that we had a chance to win and simply chose to punt?

what is the point of playing if you won't take a risk in the 4th quarter?

what do we have to lose?

Take what risk?

You're not going to punt in that situation, and put your defense, who had been lights out all game back on the field, to get you the ball back?

Wow. Just wow.

Keep reaching.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Amazing how people over react after every loss. Simply amazing.

We'll be playing San Diego for 1st place in two weeks.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 03:19 PM
uh huh..I love watching everyone criy their eyes out over a team that they already proclaimed sucks, then say, who the hell cares just as long as Brodie starts, then when they don't win, they freak out over a game they thought could never have been won anyway.

Denial of eating crow because the Chiefs played the Colts at home as well as anyone if not better...

it ain't ****ing rocket science

we had a chance to win in the 4th....but we were afraid to even try...so we punted away and let a real Coach win....

How about we let Croyle play in the 4th and see what happens? What are you afraid of?

What is Herm afraid of?

FringeNC
11-18-2007, 03:19 PM

I didn't realize building for the future and "playing to win" football were mutually exclusive.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 03:20 PM

We have the stoooooopid fans.It's not that. I thought Croyle played really well. The D was amazing, of course.

Every single first down was a handoff... 50% of the passes were right down the line of scrimmage to a WR. The announcers talked about how we might be setting them up for a deep throw, but we really all knew better, didn't we?

They were afraid to let Brodie throw the ball, because he might *gasp* turn it over. So instead, we made no attempt to win the game.

The only time we did, was when we were down 10-3.

Croyle promptly tied the game... and we went back to not trying.

THAT's why I'm pissed.

FringeNC
Amazing how people over react after every loss. Simply amazing.

We'll be playing San Diego for 1st place in two weeks.

It's not the fact that we lost, it's the fact that our offense was pathologically risk-averse. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

The Bad Guy

we had a chance to win in the 4th....but we were afraid to even try...so we punted away and let a real Coach win....

How about we let Croyle play in the 4th and see what happens? What are you afraid of?

What is Herm afraid of?

You act like it's the norm to go for it on 4th down, in the 4th quarter, in YOUR OWN TERRITORY, with the score tied.

What ****ing NFL football have you watched over the years?

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Let me simplify for the dense:

No one is angry that we lost.

People are angry that we had a chance to win in the 4th but too afraid to take it.

The distinction is an obvious and easy one to make.

siberian khatru
11-18-2007, 03:23 PM
It's not the fact that we lost, it's the fact that our offense was pathologically risk-averse.

You should make that point a separate thread.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
This game made Martyball look like Texas Tech's offense.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Herm is the head coach, he can override any playcalling.
So can Dick Curl..

all calls go through him anyway.. From what I have heard, he has veto power...

Hammock Parties
11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
It's not the fact that we lost, it's the fact that our offense was pathologically risk-averse. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

It's not. I wasn't happy with the playcalling today.

Gonzo
11-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Last year we made the playoffs with a sub-par team and this year we have no offensive line to speak of. We are getting younger and building for the future. I think Herm can put us in position. You all expect immediate results and that is asking too much. With the high caliber teams in the AFC that we have to face there is no way we can be competitive right now.
As far as today's game is concerned, it's obvious to me that we are headed in the right direction. Our starting tailback is out and the qb has never started a game, yet we were one yard away from having a good chance to get into O.T. or win the game. This time next year I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were talking about a first round bye week.
Patience people, unless you are all under the age of 12, you should be used to mediocrity or ineptitude.

FringeNC
11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
You should make that point a separate thread.

I would, but how many times can you, me, Talking Can, and CDCox make the same point? We've all said mutiple times in multiple threads.

stevieray
11-18-2007, 03:35 PM

we had a chance to win

ya, i'm sure you've been putting aloe vera on your sunburn from carrying the banner on that bandwagon...

Brodie just hung with Manning..instead of predicting failure...I'll say the HBO comment fom Carl keeping Herm form pulling the trigger on Croyle looms large...but it might not be too late...SD lost, as long as the Titans take care of the posing invescos..Brodie has a chance to light up and run away with an otherwise questionable and rudderless division.....

bobbything
11-18-2007, 03:37 PM
We had a chance to win. We didn't. You can see, over the course of the entire game, that this coaching staff wasn't going to allow the offense to make a costly mistake. So, it is what it is.

I've accepted the fact that this team, under Herm Edwards, will never allow certain aspects of his team to be in a position to lose a game for him. He will lean so hard on the defense that it will eventually break (see: this season).

Watching the not-to-lose philosophy is so frustrating. Almost as frustrating as watching us hang 35 on a team only to give up 38. Only now, instead of losing 38-35, we're losing 13-10. Neither of which gets us anywhere.

I'll just sit, watch the games, and wait for Carl and Herm's contracts' to run out. This organization needs to be gutted.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Now that I spit my bit of venom...

You've gotta love how the players handled this game. They weren't intimidated in the least, and I think Croyle's got a real chance to be special.

And that Chiefs Defense... damn! Peyton got all he wanted from them.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 03:39 PM
You act like it's the norm to go for it on 4th down, in the 4th quarter, in YOUR OWN TERRITORY, with the score tied.

What ****ing NFL football have you watched over the years?

how about calling the 47th draw play of the game on 3rd and 20?

at least I know your definition of playing to win...."just be close, its fun"

FringeNC
11-18-2007, 03:41 PM
how about calling the 47th draw play of the game on 3rd and 20?

at least I know your definition of playing to win...."just be close, its fun"

The real killer play call was the obvious run on first down. Dungy knew Herm would be content with a tie, and wouldn't be taking a shot downfield to win it.

munkey
11-18-2007, 03:47 PM
I'll just sit, watch the games, and wait for Carl and Herm's contracts' to run out. This organization needs to be gutted.

I agree...BUT I'm done watching this shit...

Baby Lee
11-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Has it ever happened that one loses allegiance to a team, while still liking the players and the organization, because it's just too embarassing to be affiliated with the teams FANS?

Because I'm getting close. Trying to come up some kind of proviso "yeah, I'm a Chiefs fan, not a dumbass like you usually see, but . . . a fan of . . . the team."

bobbything
11-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Has it ever happened that one loses allegiance to a team, while still liking the players and the organization, because it's just too embarassing to be affiliated with the teams FANS?

Because I'm getting close. Trying to come up some kind of proviso "yeah, I'm a Chiefs fan, not a dumbass like you usually see, but . . . a fan of . . . the team."
I think you're seeing 20 years of frustration come pouring down right now.

I stopped getting too low after a loss after the 2005 season. Once Herm was hired, I firmly believed it to be a stop-gap hire until Carl's contract ran out. This coach won't take us anywhere that Marty and Vermeil didn't. Once the contracts are up, I think you'll see Clark so some serious re-working.

munkey
11-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Once the contracts are up, I think you'll see Clark so some serious re-working.

I hope so...But not betting on it.

RedThat
11-18-2007, 03:58 PM

I stopped getting too low after a loss after the 2005 season. Once Herm was hired, I firmly believed it to be a stop-gap hire until Carl's contract ran out. This coach won't take us anywhere that Marty and Vermeil didn't. Once the contracts are up, I think you'll see Clark so some serious re-working.

I still think though Herm deserves a job elsewhere in the organization. If I was Clark, I'd possibly offer him a job as a GM or a head of the scouting department. we all know he has an eye for talent. Gotta take advantage of what he does best.

MIAdragon
11-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Last year we made the playoffs with a sub-par team and this year we have no offensive line to speak of. We are getting younger and building for the future. I think Herm can put us in position. You all expect immediate results and that is asking too much. With the high caliber teams in the AFC that we have to face there is no way we can be competitive right now.
As far as today's game is concerned, it's obvious to me that we are headed in the right direction. Our starting tailback is out and the qb has never started a game, yet we were one yard away from having a good chance to get into O.T. or win the game. This time next year I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were talking about a first round bye week.
Patience people, unless you are all under the age of 12, you should be used to mediocrity or ineptitude.

it has nothing to do with our team getting better, they are, its everything to do with Herms idiotic game management.

Baby Lee
11-18-2007, 04:00 PM

But why right now?

I could see getting pissed about some of the choices if we were in a fight for HFA in the playoffs, and Brodie had been our QB for a couple of seasons and had engineered some astounding comebacks already.

But it was the guys FIRST START, . . . ONE THE ROAD . . . WITH A SHITTY O-LINE . . . AGAINST THE SB CHAMPS.

Champs who, before the game were full of piss and vinegar and no way they were going to be held down 3 games in a row, not if St. Manning has anything to say about it. And who, after the game, were still stinging from the loss of Bart Starr.

EPodolak
11-18-2007, 04:01 PM

So hire him as a Def. Coordinator. The Peter Principle is at work here, just because someone thinks he has charisma and he does well in job interviews doesn't mean he can be a head coach. I wish he would succeed but I don't see it happening.

bobbything
11-18-2007, 04:06 PM
But why right now?
Because we had a chance to win and we watched the not-to-lose philosophy, when it counted at the end, rear its ugly head. I think that's the most frustrating thing about this loss. I knew, was absolutely certain, that when we ran the draw on 3rd and 18, that we didn't have the balls to go out and, at least attempt, to take this victory. Especially after we drove down for the score, Bowe made an amazing catch, we forced them to punt, and had some serious momentum.

I think it's the mindset of this coaching staff that is frustrating. Play close, and HOPE there's a small opening at the end to steal a win.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Let's try to simplify this one more time:

You play conservatively for 3 quarters in order to have a chance to win in the 4th.

We all understand Herm's theory.

OK, so....now it is the 4th quarter and you have a chance to win, what do you do?

a) Let Brodie throw it and try to win
b) call a draw play(again) and punt

If you call B, then what the hell was the point of the first three quarters???

You create a chance and then you are too afraid to take it. WHY?

It is clearly dumb.

Coach
11-18-2007, 04:11 PM
But why right now?

I could see getting pissed about some of the choices if we were in a fight for HFA in the playoffs, and Brodie had been our QB for a couple of seasons and had engineered some astounding comebacks already.

But it was the guys FIRST START, . . . ONE THE ROAD . . . WITH A SHITTY O-LINE . . . AGAINST THE SB CHAMPS.

Champs who, before the game were full of piss and vinegar and no way they were going to be held down 3 games in a row, not if St. Manning has anything to say about it. And who, after the game, were still stinging from the loss of Bart Starr.

You can actually throw the ball on first downs, On 3rd downs instead of trying to run how bout you set up some screens? Priest is one of the best at those. You can't continue to give the ball back to Manning and thats what Herms uber conservative philosphy did. You'll never beat an aggressive high powered offense using a conservative offense.

stevieray
11-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Because we had a chance to win

and you believed this before the game or after it?

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 04:12 PM

You play conservatively for 3 quarters in order to have a chance to win in the 4th.

OK, so....now it is the 4th quarter and you have a chance to win, what do you do?

It is clearly dumb.Exactly... at some point you have to TRY TO WIN.

At what point did we try to win on offense today?

We tried to catch up... down 10-3, and we did it.

When did we try to take a lead?

stlchiefs
11-18-2007, 04:14 PM

What 2 missed field goals don't make a difference here? I think I'd blame the missed FGs too. I know it doesn't give us the win, but it sure makes for a different game if they were made at the time.

bobbything
and you believed this before the game or after it?
What does that have to do with anything? The reality is that we had a tie ball game late in the game, had a chance to win, and didn't. I'm pointing out why it's frustrating. What I though about our chances before the game has no bearing on anything.

donkhater

It is clearly dumb.
That's about as clear as anyone could state it. Excellent post.

RedThat
11-18-2007, 04:17 PM

It is clearly dumb.

you know what's funny?

if the score is 0-0, or 3-3 whatever. This team will go into such a shell, and play so conservative. But when they're actually losing, they open up the playbook.

KcMizzou
11-18-2007, 04:18 PM
you know what's funny?

if the score is 0-0, or 3-3 whatever. This team will go into such a shell, and play so conservative. But when they're actually losing, they open up the playbook.and you know what? It ****ING WORKS!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

stevieray
11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
What does that have to do with anything? The reality is that we had a tie ball game late in the game, had a chance to win, and didn't. I'm pointing out why it's frustrating. What I though about our chances before the game has no bearing on anything.

I see...in other words you take no risk before the game, but then carry the burden of the loss you predicted....how easy.

bobbything
11-18-2007, 04:26 PM
I see...in other words you take no risk before the game, but then carry the burden of the loss you predicted....how easy.
What are you talking about?

What do I have to do with anything that happened on 3rd and 18?

I assume you're trying to call me a hypocrite for thinking we would lose, and then being upset that we did. I think that's what you're saying anyway...

Who cares what I think before the game? No, I didn't think we would win, but we could have. Doesn't change anything. And the reason we didn't lies within many of the rants and raves on this message board. Regardless of what you, me, or Dupree thought prior to kickoff.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 04:28 PM
you know what's funny?

if the score is 0-0, or 3-3 whatever. This team will go into such a shell, and play so conservative. But when they're actually losing, they open up the playbook.

yup, we score and then they go back to what WASN'T working....crazy

stevieray
11-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Who cares what I think before the game?

so, pregame gets a pass, but we should take what you think after the game serious?

how easy.

Spott
11-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Damn, I just got back from the Chargers/Jaguars game. Good thing I missed the KC game. I see that our offense is still intact.

the Talking Can
11-18-2007, 04:32 PM
but we should take you rhink after the game serious?

how easy.

your giving everyone a headache

stevieray
11-18-2007, 04:34 PM
your giving everyone a headache

coming from the guy who complains about how much time he's wasted on the organization , then takes another hit off his negative crack pipe.

my sympathies for living with a vice you can't overcome.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Um people are pissed because you can not be a winning team with coaching like that. Even if you are a heavily talented team you'll make the playoffs and lose we've all seen it before. People have a right to be pissed about the coaching decisions, even when the team has more talent Herm will coach the same.

Also are you guys really excited to possibly make the playoffs with 7 wins and become some sort of ESPN joke..the team that wins this division is probably going to have less wins than a team that misses.

Eleazar
11-18-2007, 04:35 PM
What I didn't like was on our last posession, when they ran the sweep or whatever it was left with Smith instead of throwing the ball. I know they were thinking, well we can punt and pin them back and our defense is playing well so we'll let them carry us again.. but the way the Colts were waking up, we should have tried to get a first down.

I know Herm would say, well, 10 yards of field position when they just need a field goal can be the difference, especially when their kicker was shaky earlier. I just don't like putting the game on your defense to keep Peyton Manning out of field goal range. He's beaten a couple of teams in that situation before.

bobbything
11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
so, pregame gets a pass, but we should take what you think after the game serious?

how easy.
Wow. Simply, wow. I think Baby Lee was referring to you in his previous posts.

stevieray
11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Wow. Simply, wow. I think Baby Lee was referring to you in his previous posts.

No, I think he's referring to you.

bobbything
11-18-2007, 04:38 PM
No, I think he's referring to you.
Solid stuff.

alanm
11-18-2007, 04:46 PM
You know what the worst part is? After watching KC and SD lose again today, watch Denver win tomorrow night and take over 1st place. :banghead: :cuss: :banghead: :Lin:
Just shoot me.

Skip Towne
11-18-2007, 04:56 PM
So hire him as a Def. Coordinator. The Peter Principle is at work here, just because someone thinks he has charisma and he does well in job interviews doesn't mean he can be a head coach. I wish he would succeed but I don't see it happening.
That's the way I see it.