PDA

View Full Version : Blame Solari and Rayner

The Bad Guy
11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
You would be hard pressed to find any NFL coach that wouldn't sit on the ball with a tie score, with a rookie QB on the road against the world champions.....

But..

The 3 real chicken shits of today's game are...

-Rayner. He can go **** himself.

-Solari- he ****ing calls runs up the centers ass all year, and instead of doing that again against an undersized defense, he tries to run stretch plays all game against a fast defense.

-Ty Law for whiffing on a tackle that would have stopped Addai and prevented the clock from running down.

Props to the entire defense, sans Law, Brodie, and D Bowe. This is a big building block to take the SB champs to task at home.

Do I wish Herm had a killer instinct? Absolutely. But I'm happy this team actually can compete on the road.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
The people hating on our defense can now officially shut up. Man were they great today.

Sure-Oz
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
The defense was excellent, our offense is as bad as our defense was during the DV era. FIRE SOLARI and promote someone that takes advantage of playaction and a QB with an arm. The very last play call was a joke.

cdcox
11-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Solari is a reflection on Herm. I have no idea what kind of coordinator he is. Frankly I don't care. I just want spineless Herm out of KC before he does any more damage.

Mecca
The defense was good today, other than the couple of times Addai was able to juke about 8 guys by himself. Only question I have is, how much of it was the Chiefs and how much of it was half of Indy's offense being hurt.

Vinatieri missed 2 kicks that never happens...so I guess him and Rayner were basically even, either way it was a really ugly played game.

Coach
You would be hard pressed to find any NFL coach that wouldn't sit on the ball with a tie score, with a rookie QB on the road against the world champions.....

But..

-Solari- he ****ing calls runs up the centers ass all year, and instead of doing that again against an undersized defense, he tries to run stretch plays all game against a fast defense.

-Ty Law for whiffing on a tackle that would have stopped Addai and prevented the clock from running down.

Props to the entire defense, sans Law, Brodie, and D Bowe. This is a big building block to take the SB champs to task at home.

Do I wish Herm had a killer instinct? Absolutely. But I'm happy this team actually can compete on the road.

Sure, it's nice to compete on the road. However, what bugs me is that I'm getting tired of being competitive on the road, only to see our coaches turn on aganist our players.

FringeNC
11-18-2007, 03:11 PM

You're full of shit. Most coaches would know Manning would drive down the field and score. I can't think of one coach other than Norv Turner that would have played that way.

Coach
11-18-2007, 03:12 PM
The people hating on our defense can now officially shut up. Man were they great today.

Kinda hard to tell since the Colts offense wasn't exactly "steller".

evolve27
11-18-2007, 03:13 PM

Especially Ty Law wiffing tackles in the red zone.

cdcox
11-18-2007, 03:13 PM
It wasn't just the 4th quarter. On the first two FG attempt drives, we shut down the offense as soon as we got in range. That is inexcusable. You have to try for TDs there when you are playing the Colts, or any other team for that matter.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
.Most coaches would know Manning would drive down the field and score. I can't think of one coach other than Norv Turner that would have played that way.

I think it is grossly unfair to balme anything on our defense. On the road against the world champs we give up 13. Whoever you choose to blame, putting this on the defense is really, really wrong.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Kinda hard to tell since the Colts offense wasn't exactly "steller".

Well they had Craphonso Thorpe and 5th string Olinemen in....that team is really hosed.

I think this is a bit of a catch 22, Indy's D is damn good...you start ripping it up when it's say 10-10. Croyle throws a pick that loses the game people explode about that.

FringeNC
11-18-2007, 03:15 PM
I think it is grossly unfair to balme anything on our defense. On the road against the world champs we give up 13. Whoever you choose to blame, putting this on the defense is really, really wrong.

Nice reading comprehension skills.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Especially Ty Law wiffing tackles in the red zone.

Addai did that to the whole team a couple of times...

And yes the worst part of the game by far was the constant attempt to run outside against possibly the fastest defense in the league, who kinda moron thinks that's a good idea?

The Bad Guy
11-18-2007, 03:23 PM
You're full of shit. Most coaches would know Manning would drive down the field and score. I can't think of one coach other than Norv Turner that would have played that way.

Prove it, dickbag.

EPodolak
11-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Agreed - looked like Herm was playing to go to overtime with six minutes left. Absolute worst coaching I've seen since last week at Arrowhead.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Blaming Solari is like whipping the mule when the wheels fall off the cart..

Might want to look at Dick Curl and Herm before you pile on Solari....

FringeNC
11-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Prove it, dickbag.

the irony...

The Bad Guy
11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Blaming Solari is like whipping the mule when the wheels fall off the cart..

Might want to look at Dick Curl and Herm before you pile on Solari....

Solari's strength was coordinating the running game.

The moron runs up the middle on teams with stout defenisve tackles, and runs stretch plays on fast teams.

I wouldn't expect you to understand that though.

DaWolf
11-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Solari is just way beyond his competency level. He was terrific coaching the OL but in two years has shown he cannot be a top notch play caller. You can blame Herm for promoting him in the first place. And Carl for not putting together a good OL...

Molitoth
11-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Solari is just way beyond his competency level. He was terrific coaching the OL but in two years has shown he cannot be a top notch play caller. You can blame Herm for promoting him in the first place. And Carl for not putting together a good OL...

You can't blame Herm for giving the guy a chance.... but its official that he SUCKS, and he needs to be replaced asap. At the time of the hire it seemed like he might be a good choice. Too bad he was not.

cdcox
11-18-2007, 03:55 PM
LOL at anyone who thinks the general outline of the game plan (run on first down, short sideways passes, take zero chances if it is more than 10 yards to a first down) would change one iota under any coordinator that Herm would hire. The broad outlines come from Herm.

shaneo69
11-18-2007, 03:59 PM

The only guys that I saw that were great were Allen and DJ. Every one else was pretty much invisible.

shaneo69
11-18-2007, 04:02 PM
If Herm had any balls, he would do what any decent college coach with inferior line talent on offense does. He would spread out the offense, put Brodie in the shotgun every play, and run the Mizzou offense.

Coach
11-18-2007, 04:03 PM
The only guys that I saw that were great were Allen and DJ. Every one else was pretty much invisible.

Boone was respectful, but other than those 3, all of them were just invisible.

Of course, it helps that if the Colts receivers were giving Peyton the Johnnie Morton treatment.

InChiefsHeaven
11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I hated that we didn't really change anything after the half, but that's par for the course. If we could just learn to adjust...:shake:

Mecca
11-18-2007, 04:05 PM
I remember Ty Law for getting juked out of his jock again.

InChiefsHeaven
11-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Boone was respectful, but other than those 3, all of them were just invisible.

Of course, it helps that if the Colts receivers were giving Peyton the Johnnie Morton treatment.

Um Pollard looked good, Page got a pic, Wilkerson got a sack...
\

...wtf are you people watching?

GoHuge
11-18-2007, 06:04 PM
LOL at anyone who thinks the general outline of the game plan (run on first down, short sideways passes, take zero chances if it is more than 10 yards to a first down) would change one iota under any coordinator that Herm would hire. The broad outlines come from Herm.Exactly, and that goes for the QB as well. He brought in a guy that can make all the throws and stretch the field, but won't let him throw anything other than a hitch or a check down. I guess Herm and Curl Dick are just bringing him along slowly :rolleyes:

You know I was just watching the Chiefs End Zone Show and heard Herm's presser. He kept talking about "we know that at the end of the game, somebody has gotta make a play." Well why not apply that way of thinking to the rest of the game. Wouldn't it be nice to not always have to do this last possession bullshit every week? It's obvious that when this team decides to go down field with the ball they can do it. Maybe Herm does it for "The League." The way we play it makes for exciting TV in the fourth quarter. How many people across the country do you think got to see the end of our game? With the blowouts and games either over, or well in hand, they flip it to the most compelling game and I'll bet the Chiefs games have been that game more than a couple times this year. I guess a good ol fashion ass whoopin isn't good for "the sheild." Remember Herm owes alot to that sheild....alot!!

FYI Mason Crosby missed two field goals today to so he wouldn't have been any help :shake:

Easy 6
11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Um Pollard looked good, Page got a pic, Wilkerson got a sack...
\

...wtf are you people watching?

Dont bother trying to talk sense after a loss around here...EVERYTHING WAS BAD!!!...CANT YOU SEE???

I agree with the thread premise, Rayner & Solari need to eat this one...they both stunk it up to High Heaven.

KCJohnny
11-18-2007, 06:15 PM

You are being too hard on the team. Manning was on his back all day. Hali got a sack. The Safeties played real well. Law and Surtain pretty much took the perimeter game away. It was a team performance. That's the way it should be. We played them harder than any team this year and they have played some really good defenses.

redsurfer11
11-18-2007, 06:16 PM

But..

Solari got handcuffed by Herm last year with the play calling.He also has had handicapped QB's to play with,no fullback and a makeshift Offensive line.Top that off with recievers who can't catch. I'll wait till they finish fixing the car, before I blame the driver.
Rayner was a junk pile kicker, should we expect more?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm tired of competing. I want to win.

GoHuge
11-18-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm tired of competing. I want to win.Well that's the next step in the Five Year Plan Version 4.0

Mr. Laz
11-18-2007, 06:44 PM
solari is running the offense JUST like Herm wants him to.

Coach
11-18-2007, 06:44 PM
solari is running the offense JUST like Herm wants him to.

Thus the reason why I enjoy saying "Hermcuffing" the offenses since 2001.

Mr. Laz
11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Thus the reason why I enjoy saying "Hermcuffing" the offenses since 2001.
yep .....

is our offense line the best ...... no
is our WR corp the best ...... no
is coaching is still the main problem .... absolutely

Hermy Shottedwards is the single biggest issue on offense ...... has been since day 1.