PDA

View Full Version : Life is unfair - Why wasn't I born a Patriots fan???

Logical
11-18-2007, 09:27 PM
When I am just 15 years old the Chiefs win a Super Bowl and I think life is glorious.

Litttle did I realize the Christmas day game and Joe Montana's concussion game against Buffalo would be the highlights of being a fan after that point.

Meanwhile the Patriots are winning 2 SBs playing in the Championship game I have no idea how many times in the last 25 years and they can score and play defense at the same time.

Unfair I tell you. Don't even go there Ammorix.:harumph:

HolmeZz
11-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Nobody's born a Patriot fan. They didn't even have a fanbase until 2001.

SBK
11-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Dr. Doom there's still time. Get out, none of us will miss you and I'm sure the Pats fans will love your positive attitude!!!!

blueballs
11-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, I lay my head on the railroad track
Waitin' on the "double e"
But the train don't run through here no more
Poor, poor pitiful me!

[Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me!
Oh, these boys won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me!
Woe, woe is me!

Well, I met a man out in Hollywood
And I ain't namin' names
But he really worked me over good
Just like Jesse James

Yes, he really worked me over good
He was a credit to his gender
He put me through some changes
Lord, sorta like a waring blender

[Repeat Chorus]

Well, I met a boy in the Vieux-Carres
Down in Yokahoma
He picked me up and he threw me down
Sayin', "please don't hurt me, mama"

[Repeat Chorus]

Poor, poor pitiful me!
Poor, poor pitiful me...

ChiefsCountry
11-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I dont remember much out of the Patriots from 1960 until 2001, save 86 and 96.

Logical
11-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Nobody's born a Patriot fan. They didn't even have a fanbase until 2001.You have a point.

Reerun_KC
11-18-2007, 09:33 PM
So?

At least they have something to cheer about...

we hang our hat on mediocrity and they build championship teams.. They could have fans from 2006 and they still are having more fun on sundays then we are...

morphius
11-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Your favorite football team won the superbowl in your life time.

Thig Lyfe
Meanwhile the Patriots are winning 2 SBs

Three, actually.

:(

HolmeZz
So?

At least they have something to cheer about...

we hang our hat on mediocrity and they build championship teams.. They could have fans from 2006 and they still are having more fun on sundays then we are...

I'd rather never win a championship loving the Chiefs than jump on the bandwagon as a team starts winning.

MIAdragon
11-18-2007, 09:37 PM
When I am just 15 years old the Chiefs win a Super Bowl and I think life is glorious.

Litttle did I realize the Christmas day game and Joe Montana's concussion game against Buffalo would be the highlights of being a fan after that point.

Meanwhile the Patriots are winning 2 SBs playing in the Championship game I have no idea how many times in the last 25 years and they can score and play defense at the same time.

Please, as a life long RedSox fan before 04 it was MUCH worse than being a Chiefs fan. It will get better, it HAS to.

Logical
11-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Your favorite football team won the superbowl in your life time.True, but you have to be an old f*cker like me.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Just remember that Patriots fans thought life was unfair until 2001.

Bill S Preston
11-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Try being a Charger fan. It's a never ending cycle of mediocrity, mixed with a couple of great years of promise. Doesn't help that the city is full of fairweather fans. Oh well, they'll all be happy when the Chargers leave town in a couple of years.

Logical
11-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Try being a Charger fan. It's a never ending cycle of mediocrity, mixed with a couple of great years of promise. Doesn't help that the city is full of fairweather fans. Oh well, they'll all be happy when the Chargers leave town in a couple of years.I suppose I can take solace that the Chiefs were not kicked in the teeth by the 49ers in the SB but not much.

Iowanian
11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
You're already an atheist, you might as well sell your soul to the devil and go to hades with all of the other Boston sports fans.

Smed1065
11-18-2007, 10:03 PM

They like good karma.

Maybe their fans stuck by them without being negative? :hmmm:

Maybe it is odds?

They did start out for years losing bad compared to the Chiefs when the merger took place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots#1970.E2.80.931975

Logical
11-18-2007, 10:10 PM
You're already an atheist, you might as well sell your soul to the devil and go to hades with all of the other Boston sports fans.I am not an atheist, atheists don't believe in God at all.

PatsWin2002
11-18-2007, 10:13 PM
We had some very lean years here.

In fact, out local sports radio station was calling Boston "Loserville" in 2000 because we hadn't won anything since the Celtics won in 1986.

Now we have an embarrassment of riches. What can ya do? Who knew it would all come at once??

Reerun_KC
11-18-2007, 10:16 PM

Nice Call...

barry_smilez20
11-18-2007, 10:17 PM
your right why was i born a lions fan--"damn you barry sanders"

Amnorix
11-18-2007, 10:54 PM

They did. We just didn't like to admit to it...

Man how the times have changed...

Buck
11-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Life is unfair - Why wasn't I born a Patriots fan???

Because you arent a worthless piece of shit.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Their fanbase was noticed when they hired Parcells and drafted Bledsoe...that was before 2001.

Either way you can say that for plenty of teams, our fan base was sure kickin in the 70's and 80's.

Amnorix
11-18-2007, 10:57 PM
I dont remember much out of the Patriots from 1960 until 2001, save 86 and 96.

You missed alot of great history then. The humor value of some of the stories is high. Like the time we cut a player, and then had him leave the stands where he was watching the game from and join the team. (true). Or how they played in nearly every stadium (including Fenway Park!) before they built their own concrete and aluminium monstrosity in the middle of nowhere on a cut rate budget. Or the overflowing toilets when they first opened the new stadium.

It goes on and on. Except for a few brief periods of decently, they were among the most pathetic franchise in sports.

Mecca
Because you arent a worthless piece of shit.

Has the city of San Diego ever won anything.....who's worthless again?

Mecca
You missed alot of great history then. The humor value of some of the stories is high. Like the time we cut a player, and then had him leave the stands where he was watching the game from and join the team. (true). Or how they played in nearly every stadium (including Fenway Park!) before they built their own concrete and aluminium monstrosity in the middle of nowhere on a cut rate budget. Or the overflowing toilets when they first opened the new stadium.

It goes on and on. Except for a few brief periods of decently, they were among the most pathetic franchise in sports.

Did you own a Scott Zolak jersey....or Scott Secules?

Buck
11-18-2007, 11:00 PM

Well if I was you I would think that anything that had to do with the Chiefs was worthless.

At least thats the sentiment I get from reading so many posts by other users ending in "/mecca"

I would venture to guess that if there was a planet vote in who the most worthless poster was, it would probably be you.

SLAG
11-18-2007, 11:00 PM

This is why I remain a Chiefs Fan

you stay here long enough your bound to hit the jackpot at some point

Mecca
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Well if I was you I would think that anything that had to do with the Chiefs was worthless.

At least thats the sentiment I get from reading so many posts by other users ending in "/mecca"

I would venture to guess that if there was a planet vote in who the most worthless poster was, it would probably be you.

The truth hurts peoples feeling's what can I say?

I'm sure the board would be better if everyone was a homer and it was just 1 giant circle jerk about how this 4-6 team is awesome though right?

Mecca
11-18-2007, 11:02 PM
This is why I remain a Chiefs Fan

you stay here long enough your bound to hit the jackpot at some point

We'll have to wait till Carl gets fired before we can think of jackpots.

HolmeZz
11-18-2007, 11:03 PM

You take offense when people say stuff about Boston sports, but not when it's about the Chiefs. You're a douche.

Buck
The truth hurts peoples feeling's what can I say?

I'm sure the board would be better if everyone was a homer and it was just 1 giant circle jerk about how this 4-6 team is awesome though right?

I just think its odd we are arguing about the word worthless...thats all im saying.

SLAG
We'll have to wait till Carl gets fired before we can think of jackpots.

Im young Enough and Carl is old enough I figure he has GOT to die before I do right?

:shrug:

Simply Red
11-18-2007, 11:04 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ij0YgYAofHk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ij0YgYAofHk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mecca
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
I just think its odd we are arguing about the word worthless...thats all im saying.

You do realize people say that same shit about SD fans right?

Buck
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ij0YgYAofHk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ij0YgYAofHk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I guess its better to have been born a Chiefs fan than to have been born in Gummo.

Buck
11-18-2007, 11:07 PM
You do realize people say that same shit about SD fans right?

Hey, you dont get what I am saying. Im not talking shit about Chiefs fans, Im talking shit about you.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey, you dont get what I am saying. Im not talking shit about Chiefs fans, Im talking shit about you.

I'm so hurt let me just really get upset about.....

Unlike some people, being disliked on a message board doesn't ruin my life.

stevieray
11-18-2007, 11:09 PM

which is exactly what he wants.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Ah here is Stevie.....Stevie is such a big fan of mine, I'm sure you all know.

Buck
11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm so hurt let me just really get upset about.....

Unlike some people, being disliked on a message board doesn't ruin my life.

Nor mine, all this shit is fake anyways. I'm sure it hurts you more that the Chiefs suck than you let on though.

StcChief
11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
and you'd have to live on the freakin' sh1tty east coast.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Nor mine, all this shit is fake anyways. I'm sure it hurts you more that the Chiefs suck than you let on though.

I don't like that they suck, it annoys me beyond belief. Not that anyone here would probably believe that, I'm just honest about what they are and what they need to do to have a legitimate shot at winning something.

This year has been about as frustrating as they come, a year with no chance at winning anything so a 34 year old QB starts half the season. I just get pissy that I don't think they understand what is smart and not smart about being a good team in the present and long term...

ChiefsCountry
11-18-2007, 11:21 PM

Oh I knew about it just making a point to some people, you also forgot about the almost move to Birmingham and St. Louis.

HolmeZz
11-18-2007, 11:23 PM
and you'd have to live on the freakin' sh1tty east coast.

You'd be surprised to learn of all the Patriot 'fans' who suddenly pop up all over the country.

Mecca
11-18-2007, 11:24 PM
That shit always happens, people latch on to good teams as kids or adults anymore.

It's how the Cowboys and Steelers have giant fan bases.

StcChief
11-18-2007, 11:25 PM
You'd be surprised to learn of all the Patriot 'fans' who suddenly pop up all over the country.
I know I see them here, not many, the distaste after the overrated Lambs got their A$$ handed to them, left a sour taste. Much like 2004 WS with RedSuxs.

barry_smilez20
11-18-2007, 11:26 PM
im not a patriots fan im a shula hater

StcChief
11-18-2007, 11:28 PM
im not a patriots fan im a shula hater
the over-hyped lucky 72 dolphins need to go down.

Pablo
That shit always happens, people latch on to good teams as kids or adults anymore.

It's how the Cowboys and Steelers have giant fan bases.Yeah, kinda like every kid I went to school with had a Packers, Cowboys, or 49ers Starter jacket.

I always liked Brett Favre, but I've never liked the Cowboys..I just wore my Chiefs gear.

Smed1065
Im young Enough and Carl is old enough I figure he has GOT to die before I do right?

:shrug:

Only the good die young?

Sorry.

barry_smilez20
11-18-2007, 11:31 PM
the over-hyped lucky 72 dolphins need to go down.

this man is a truth sayer

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-18-2007, 11:31 PM

That's still bullf*ck, though. They had a SB appearance in the 80's and 90's (and now 3+ in the 00's). The Chiefs have had jack f*ck in the last 37 years.

barry_smilez20
11-18-2007, 11:34 PM
i hate romo but this makes me laugh

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uONFCvjbIF8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uONFCvjbIF8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pablo
11-18-2007, 11:57 PM
My body won't allow me to laugh at anything Cowboys-related, just hate it. All I have for the Cowboys is blind, furious hate.