PDA

View Full Version : Dawson's Comments on Croyle & Game Calls

GarySpFc
11-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Thie morning I listened to Lenny Dawson's comments on Radio 810. I have attempted to be very careful, because some like to question his authority or if he really made these remarks.

1. "I was watching Croyle's mechanics. They were very good."

2. "Quickness. Brodie gets rid of the ball very quick."

3. "He continued making his fakes throughout the game."

4. "Croyle is cool, calm, and collected."

5. "He is going to be something special."

6. "He is not telegraphing where he is going to throw. Let him sling that gun."

7. He was asked if he thought they were holding Croyle's hand to keep him from making mistakes. "Brodie does not want his hand held by a father figure. He's a gunslinger."

8. "I talked to TG after the game. Tony was ticked off because the offense play calling was not aggresive. He wants to win games. I would be ticked off too."

9. "The most important down is the first one. You need to test the cornerbacks early in the first quarter on a first down by throwing deep. It keeps the cornerbacks playing deep, because they know you are not afraid to throw deep. Brodie has the gun to throw deep.

RustShack
11-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah... our playcalling blows balls. I can understand holding him back a little his first game, but damn.

FAX
11-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Lenny said he's seen Herm in the shower and that Herm's pecker is pretty small.

FAX

Inspector
11-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Seems like Dawson knows things about being a QB.

the Talking Can
11-19-2007, 01:27 PM
who care about the opinion of an Arena League QB...

JohninGpt
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM

FAX
He also said that his nuts are nearly non-existant.

EyePod
11-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Don't the safeties cover the deep balls in the cover 2? This would just make the corners cover the receivers closer.

Lonewolf Ed
11-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah... our playcalling blows balls. I can understand holding him back a little his first game, but damn.

The game vs. the Colts made me think of the Denver game where Herm didn't want to overwhelm Huard and lost that one, too, but it was very close, 9-6 in OT. I am hoping they will loosen the leash a bit Sunday against Oakland. They let Damon have more after that game, too.

Don't ask me where my optimism is coming from, because I haven't the first clue!

kcxiv
11-19-2007, 01:34 PM
YOu dont run the cover 2 every play though. Bob Sanders plays up alot. So i don tthink they are playing C2 all that much.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 01:44 PM
YOu dont run the cover 2 every play though. Bob Sanders plays up alot. So i don tthink they are playing C2 all that much.

Why should they when everything is thrown underneath?

Lenny knows QBs. I think winning Lenny's approval is a sign of great and weonderful things to come.
:arrow:

Micjones
11-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Credit to Croyle. He looked good yesterday.
If he keeps this up for the next 6 games...

Ladies and gentlemen you have your starter for 2008.

Micjones
11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
The game vs. the Colts made me think of the Denver game where Herm didn't want to overwhelm Huard and lost that one, too, but it was very close, 9-6 in OT.

Eerily similar to that game.

I think they will loosen up the leash a bit.
I doubt it will be enough to really utilize the offensive talent we have though. That's what's unfortunate.

I remember what happened when they started playing to Priest Holmes' strengths. Why on Earth wouldn't we do the same thing with Croyle and his cast?

We have enough offensive talent to be successful.
We're not a Top 10 unit, but with a capable OC and an HC who won't tamper we could be a LOT better.

Pushead2
11-19-2007, 01:58 PM
only if Herm and Solari saw it like that. :rolleyes:

Chief Faithful
11-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Brodie, Bowe, and the defense are making this season worth watching.

StcChief
11-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Lenny sees same as the rest of us.... if only Herm/Solari/Curl did the same.

they drafted him let him loose at home vs. Chokeland.

Rooster
11-19-2007, 02:07 PM

FAX

ROFL