PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain how the donx get TWO MNF home games in '07???

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 06:27 PM
At home the last 10 games:
Denver is 3-7
Has given up 30 TDs
Is -7 in turnovers

How do they get 2 home games on MNF and we get nada? At least we made the playoffs in 2006...

:#

alanm
11-19-2007, 06:29 PM
They also have a Sunday night game coming up I think. Unless it gets preempted.

dshyne101
11-19-2007, 06:30 PM
4real i been tryna figure that ish out 2!!! We dont have shit and that sucks cuz we made the playoffs. what did the bronco's do?? Choke on a Dick!! We do have a sunday night game but with the way they showin the patriots every damn week we may not have that either!!

OnTheWarpath15
11-19-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm thinking the Chargers game might have been moved to SNF had we not wet the bed against Denver, and won on Sunday.

Now it'll be the Jacksonville/Indy game.

SPchief
11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
4real i been tryna figure that ish out 2!!! We dont have shit and that sucks cuz we made the playoffs. what did the bronco's do?? Choke on a Dick!! We do have a sunday night game but with the way they showin the patriots every damn week we may not have that either!!

for reallz dawg

Spott
11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
They also got a Sunday night game and will be playing a Thursday night and a Monday night game later this year. MNF isn't what it used to be.

alanm
11-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Strike that John, They have another Monday night game after tonight and a Thursday night game.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Already had a SNF game as well...

Reerun_KC
11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Because we have Carl Peterson and they have Pat Bowlen...

They dont have Herm ****ing Edwards either...

So Yeah they deserve to be on MNF more than we do..

What have we done to earn it?

Hell they have hosted an AFC championship game in the recent years, when have we hosted one?

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Since when did the Shannys become such a national draw????

Spott
11-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Hell they have hosted an AFC championship game in the recent years, when have we hosted one?

Never.

Demonpenz
11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
they play on monday nights

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I got two words:

Go Titans!

Thig Lyfe
11-19-2007, 06:39 PM

Aw hell naw.

Pablo
11-19-2007, 06:41 PM
I hate the Titans and Vince Young, but I hope they embarass these donkey bastards.

Maybe they'll throw a bag of pot in front of oncoming traffic before the game and Travis Henry will get splattered.

Bugeater
11-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Because their coach plays to win.

Brock
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Monday night is a trash game. I don't see how it's anything to brag about.

HemiEd
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Denver is the "new black."

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 06:43 PM
I think we're about to see a BUCBALL EXTRAVAGANZA tonight!

MIAdragon
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
SNF is the "new" MNF.

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Monday Night Football does not mean anything any more. Its pointless to bring it up, Sunday Night Football is the real game that you want to be on.

MIAdragon
11-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Monday Night Football does not mean anything any more. Its pointless to bring it up, Sunday Night Football is the real game that you want to be on.

Smart man.

Eleazar
11-19-2007, 06:46 PM
It is curious for a non-playoff team that finished the season 2-5 last year.

Pablo
11-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Monday Night Football does not mean anything any more. Its pointless to bring it up, Sunday Night Football is the real game that you want to be on.This is true..any broadcasting booth with Kornheiser and celebrity guests is sad. I despise John Madden, but I'd rather listen to his lethargic reiterations than Korhole's meaningless rants about celebrities or some other bullsh*t.

Brock
11-19-2007, 06:48 PM
A better question might be "could KC end up on the NBC flex schedule", against a better team of course....

Bugeater
11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
This is true..any broadcasting booth with Kornheiser and celebrity guests is sad. I despise John Madden, but I'd rather listen to his lethargic reiterations than Korhole's meaningless rants about celebrities or some other bullsh*t.
Eh, it's a toss-up IMO. MNF is pretty much a joke now, but Madden's nonstop blabber makes my ears bleed. I can't believe this is what prime-time football is down to now.

Pablo
11-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Eh, it's a toss-up IMO. MNF is pretty much a joke now, but Madden's nonstop blabber makes my ears bleed. I can't believe this is what prime-time football is down to now.The NFL Network will start broadcasting Thursday games this week. I love Thursday games, and I really like the NFL Network. That's more prime-time that MNF in my opinion, but only 6 weeks of coverage is pretty weak.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Chief's make the playoffs and get dizzed. KC get's no respect ever since Herm was hired. If you have No offense no one wants to watch you.

Get used to it.

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Kornheiser slobbering over celebs ruins it for me.

Why should I care about some goofball liberal actor's political projects?

I miss Cosell, Dandy Don and Frank.
Ah.
The good old days.

Bugeater
11-19-2007, 07:01 PM
The NFL Network will start broadcasting Thursday games this week. I love Thursday games, and I really like the NFL Network. That's more prime-time that MNF in my opinion, but only 6 weeks of coverage is pretty weak.
Unfortunately I don't get NFLN, and I heard a lot of griping last year about their broadcasts. IIRC Greg Gumbel was doing the games and was pretty brutal.

Brock
11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Unfortunately I don't get NFLN, and I heard a lot of griping last year about their broadcasts. IIRC Greg Gumbel was doing the games and was pretty brutal.

Bad, very bad. But at least some of the games were good.

Bugeater
11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Kornheiser slobbering over celebs ruins it for me.

Why should I care about some goofball liberal actor's political projects?

Exactly. That crap has no place in a football broadcast. For the life of me I can't understand why ESPN thinks it does.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 07:05 PM
also the abortion last year during the playoffs didn't help their case to earn the right to play in prime time.

Silock
11-19-2007, 07:05 PM
What's funny is that ESPN radio was billing the Broncos as a "playoff contender" all day long. LOL They have a losing record, and they're "contenders?" Trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, I guess.

MTG#10
11-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Your conspiracy theories are false on this one. I heard on the radio today that the Donk's owner is also the head of the broadcasting schedule makers (cant remember exactly what the "group" is called). Thats why the Donks get so many prime time games.

EDIT: Pat Bowlen is "the chairman of the league's broadcast committee"

KCJohnny
11-19-2007, 07:08 PM
What's funny is that ESPN radio was billing the Broncos as a "playoff contender" all day long. LOL They have a losing record, and they're "contenders?" Trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, I guess.

Hey, the AFC Worst is so bad the Faders are 2-8 and are NOT YET ELIMINATED.

thehead
11-19-2007, 07:30 PM
for reallz dawg

ROFL

chiefsfan987
11-19-2007, 07:44 PM
A better question might be "could KC end up on the NBC flex schedule", against a better team of course....

Speaking of the flex schedule, what are the odds that KC's only prime time game Sunday night in the final week of the season KC (4-6) @ Jets (2-8) will be shown nationally?

chiefsfan987
11-19-2007, 07:46 PM
You've got to catch that.

OnTheWarpath15
11-19-2007, 07:53 PM
65 degrees in Denver right now, playing on MNF, and there are 10,000 empty seats.

:shake:

acesn8s
11-19-2007, 08:39 PM
it's called knee pads

teedubya
11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
because the Chiefs would only score 10 points... not too fun watching them play for field position.

Bugeater
11-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Your conspiracy theories are false on this one. I heard on the radio today that the Donk's owner is also the head of the broadcasting schedule makers (cant remember exactly what the "group" is called). Thats why the Donks get so many prime time games.

EDIT: Pat Bowlen is "the chairman of the league's broadcast committee"

My last name isn't Webster, but that sure as hell sounds like the definition of a conspiracy to me.

Main Entry: con·spire
Function: verb
Pronunciation: k&n-'spīr
Inflected Form(s): con·spired ; con·spir·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French conspirer, from Latin conspirare to be in harmony, conspire, from com- + spirare to breathe
transitive senses
: PLOT , CONTRIVE
intransitive senses 1 a : to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement b : SCHEME
2 : to act in harmony toward a common end

Messier
11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Because we have Carl Peterson and they have Pat Bowlen...

They dont have Herm ****ing Edwards either...

So Yeah they deserve to be on MNF more than we do..

What have we done to earn it?

I don't know if you realize this, but outside KC, Carl is very respected. And outside CP, Herm is a highly regarded of coach. here=devil, elsewhere=good.

What have we done to earn it? What have we done to lose it? Is there another team that went to the playoffs last year that doesn't have one? If so, I guess it's fine.

Sandyskc
11-19-2007, 09:06 PM

EDIT: Pat Bowlen is "the chairman of the league's broadcast

committee"

This is exactly why they have so many prime time games. It has nothing to do with playoffs.

sd4chiefs
11-19-2007, 09:08 PM
because the Chiefs would only score 10 points... not too fun watching them play for field position.

Watching the Chiefs offense this year has been painful. I am glad they have no Sunday or Monday night games. I just don't understand why Denver is playing in primetime every other week.

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah since we were always on national tv with Dicky V and the flying high offense.

acesn8s
11-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Watching the Chiefs offense this year has been painful. I am glad they have no Sunday or Monday night games. I just don't understand why Denver is playing in primetime every other week.
New England was too busy filming their opponents hand signals to answer the phone.

dtebbe
11-19-2007, 09:43 PM
The friggen god-aweful Falcons have 2 monday nite games. I guess they were planning on showcasing Vick?

DT

Brock
11-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't know if you realize this, but outside KC, Carl is very respected.

Respected for what?

listopencil
11-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Cutler vs. Young.

I'd still rather get a Sunday Night game.

Kaylore
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM
You Chief fans like to whine about the Broncos a lot. It's like we're Marsha Brady and you guys are Jan. There was already an article on the Broncos getting lots of air time and the reason was discovered.

You want to know the real reason we get nationally televised games? It's not Pat Bowlen and it's not the offense (though that helps).

It's because...

1.) We consistently are decent, so for network executives it's a safe bet that we'll at least put up a fight. Teams that are hot and cold year to year aren't going to attract networks who are looking to pick a game that will make viewers watch as long as possible. Which brings me to the second reason.

2. The Broncos games were the highest rated games last season. Half our games were nationally televised last year and almost all of them were decided in the final plays of the game. The win in the snow against the Cincy, the last second loss against the Niners - virtually all of our games went down to the wire last year and that is exactly what networks are looking for.

This year it's no different. Look at our prime time games: Steelers (last second field goal), Packers (overtime big play TD) this game was uncharacteristic of our team because we wrapped it up with a whole two minutes to spare.

Networks are looking for a teams that are usually good that will create a good matchup. That equals more ratings through the whole game and thus the executives are able to charge more for commercials.

It's about $ and it always has been.

Boyceofsummer
11-19-2007, 11:31 PM
You Chief fans like to whine about the Broncos a lot. It's like we're Marsha Brady and you guys are Jan. There was already an article on the Broncos getting lots of air time and the reason was discovered.

You want to know the real reason we get nationally televised games? It's not Pat Bowlen and it's not the offense (though that helps).

It's because...

1.) We consistently are decent, so for network executives it's a safe bet that we'll at least put up a fight. Teams that are hot and cold year to year aren't going to attract networks who are looking to pick a game that will make viewers watch as long as possible. Which brings me to the second reason.

2. The Broncos games were the highest rated games last season. Half our games were nationally televised last year and almost all of them were decided in the final plays of the game. The win in the snow against the Cincy, the last second loss against the Niners - virtually all of our games went down to the wire last year and that is exactly what networks are looking for.

This year it's no different. Look at our prime time games: Steelers (last second field goal), Packers (overtime big play TD) this game was uncharacteristic of our team because we wrapped it up with a whole two minutes to spare.

Networks are looking for a teams that are usually good that will create a good matchup. That equals more ratings through the whole game and thus the executives are able to charge more for commercials.

It's about $ and it always has been.

You ****ers are cheating scumbags and have shit down your own neck since Elway. I remember last Thanksgiving. You don't play us this year.

Taco John
11-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Denver is 3-7
Has given up 30 TDs
Is -7 in turnovers

How do they get 2 home games on MNF and we get nada? At least we made the playoffs in 2006...

Simple: ratings.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
You ****ers are cheating scumbags and have shit down your own neck since Elway. I remember last Thanksgiving. You don't play us this year.

Weird.

OctoberFart
11-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Get over it. Nobody wants to watch sperm edwards run run pass punt on primetime.

chiefsfan1963
11-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Remember the Pats and the Colts were the laughing stocks of the league and they were never seen on prime time.

You know what they did to change to what they are today. Just follow the formula and viola the same result will occur.

Kaylore
11-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Get over it. Nobody wants to watch sperm edwards run run pass punt on primetime.
That's the other reason.

Ugly Duck
11-20-2007, 01:26 AM
How do they get 2 home games on MNF and we get nada?

Because they are media darlings & you are only the Chiefs who have about as much chance as a Raider does of having a call go your way. Denver will continue to be coddled until they finally become good again and then we'll see even more of them.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Primetime games are overrated anyway.

Direckshun
11-20-2007, 04:04 AM
I don't really care.

Messier
11-20-2007, 04:14 AM
Respected for what?

For being a GM.

chiefqueen
11-20-2007, 05:43 AM
Denver is 3-7
Has given up 30 TDs
Is -7 in turnovers

Shanahan's on the scheduling cmte.

11-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Why does this bother everyone so much? MNF is crap now that ESPN took over anyway. I want them playing on Sundays anyway. Then I don't have to worry about being into work before the game is even over.

chiefsfan987
11-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Why does this bother everyone so much? MNF is crap now that ESPN took over anyway. I want them playing on Sundays anyway. Then I don't have to worry about being into work before the game is even over.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'd like us to be on those nights more often because I'm too cheap to pay for Sunday ticket and prime time games are on nationally for us out of towners.

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 06:36 AM
Id rather we make a first down than be on MNF. Wait...we dont make first downs. OK...that may be why we dont get on MNF?

broncoholic
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Frankly, you guys can have our Monday Night games...
I prefer going to the games on Sunday. I got home last night at 1am, had to be at work at 6....

Mile High Mania
11-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I honestly don't care one way or the other whether the game is on Sunday or during primetime on either SNF or MNF.

I'm sure ESPN expected Denver to have a better record coming into the game and they wanted to hype the "Young/Cutler" matchup.

While the hype pre-game wasn't great b/c of the records... I think they got a nice game out of it, and that's all they care about.

Coyote
11-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Pat Bowlen is the chairman of the NFL's television comittee and has been a member of it for almost 20 years. The television comittee is the only other variable in NFL scheduling, after the formula based on previous year's record is applied.
Result: Bronco primetime coverage beyond what their previous year's record would have granted. Other AFC West teams get schedules like the Chiefs as a result. Kind of like the Cowboys and Lions home games on Thanksgiving, always override the previous year's schedule formula and provide those teams media coverage and a scheduling advantage.

Brock
11-20-2007, 11:10 AM
For being a GM.

That's not a reason to respect him.

OctoberFart
11-20-2007, 11:24 AM
I remember last Thanksgiving. You don't play us this year.
Why is it that Chief fans in general cherry pick games to talk sh!t on?