PDA

View Full Version : So Im staying at the holiday inn sports complex. .

percysnow
11-19-2007, 10:26 PM
is there anything around there . .stores. .bars ...a good BBQ resturant. . im coming in Saturday Night. . any recomendations. . want to really get the KC experience

SPchief
11-19-2007, 10:27 PM
is there anything around there . .stores. .bars ...a good BBQ resturant. . im coming in Saturday Night. . any recomendations. . want to really get the KC experience

About the time you are ariving, there might be a decent crowd at the stadium.

dtebbe
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Get a ride to Arthur Bryant's Brooklyn location for some BBQ. About 10 minutes from there.

DT

percysnow
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
About the time you are ariving, there might be a decent crowd at the stadium.

on sat night?. .due to the college game im assuming?. .

percysnow
11-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Get a ride to Arthur Bryant's Brooklyn location for some BBQ. About 10 minutes from there.

DT

cool will check that out

Phobia
11-19-2007, 10:32 PM
No, there's nothing at all. Taco Bell.

Actually, walk across I-70 to the Clarion. They have a pretty decent sports bar in there - that's if you're on foot.

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM

DT

At night? :shake:

ChiefsCountry
11-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Go to Westport or the Plaza that is KC's bar/party scene. But with the game going on at Arrowhead, the parking lots might be the best bet.

Third Eye
11-19-2007, 10:35 PM

DT
There is also a Gates BBQ within 5 minutes.

percysnow
11-19-2007, 10:36 PM
No, there's nothing at all. Taco Bell.

Actually, walk across I-70 to the Clarion. They have a pretty decent sports bar in there - that's if you're on foot.

i mean if something is fairly close and worth it. . i dont mind taking a cab. . also looking for a place to buy some Chiefs stuff. . not easy to get around here. .

percysnow
Go to Westport or the Plaza that is KC's bar/party scene. But with the game going on at Arrowhead, the parking lots might be the best bet.

cool thanks

smittysbar

Depending when you get in, come on over to AH and tailgate. We are setting up a TV to watch the game on, should be a good time.

Third Eye
11-19-2007, 10:39 PM
i mean if something is fairly close and worth it. . i dont mind taking a cab. . also looking for a place to buy some Chiefs stuff. . not easy to get around here. .
I forgot what it is called, but there is a sportswear place at the intersection of 40 highway and Blue Ridge Cutoff. That is about a half-mile from your hotel.

smittysbar
11-19-2007, 10:39 PM

SportsNutz is right up the road to the North....maybe a mile on the corner. You should try going before AH on Sunday.

Phobia
11-19-2007, 10:40 PM
You're a mile from Sportsnutz. They open at like 7:00 on gameday. If I were you I'd walk down there and hitch into the game. Sportsnutz is north on Blue Ridge Cutoff to 40 Hwy. They're on the corner. They'll be closed by the time you get into town but like I said, they open early Sunday.

dtebbe
11-19-2007, 10:48 PM
At night? :shake:

OuCH! missed that.... :)

On the bright side, he probably wouldn't find a cab driver that would take him there at night!

DT

percysnow
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
cool thanks for all the info. . much appreciated!

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Or take a cab to Taco Uno in Shawnee. Best Taco Dog's you'll ever eat.

percysnow
11-24-2007, 05:54 PM
bump for me

Phobia
11-24-2007, 05:57 PM
bump for me
So were you needing fresh suggestions or did you just need to bump the thread to the top in order to review it?

Jilly
11-24-2007, 05:58 PM
There's a paddy o'quigley's in the Clarion across the street...go there. The game will be on and there's a girl who used to work there as a bartender named Andy. She's pretty awesome - tall blonde; sit at the bar, watch the game and talk to her.... either that, or take a cab downtown to Tanner's or what's the name of that new one?