PDA

View Full Version : What if Herm unleashes "Brody" Sunday vs Oakland ?

Chief Henry
11-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Brody throws for close to 270-300 yards. Brody toss's 2 TD's and P. Holmes runs one in too and KC whallops Oakland. Do we forgive herm with his dismal game plan from last week ? DO we forgive Herm for his dismal offense this hole season ? Or - do we celebrate life again that
Herm might just have figured this thing out ?

Herman can't blow this game vs Da Raiderts, can he ?

Yesterday driving back to my office I got thinking how Tony Gonzolez was upset after the game and Jared Allen was un happy too. When
does a coach lose his players and team ? When does a player say
fug it and just starts mailing it in.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Brody throws for close to 270-300 yards. Brody toss's 2 TD's and P. Holmes runs one in too and KC whallops Oakland. Do we forgive herm with his dismal game plan from last week ?

No. You give him credit for one game. You hope it continues.

Kylo Ren
11-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Brody throws for close to 270-300 yards. Brody toss's 2 TD's and P. Holmes runs one in too and KC whallops Oakland. Do we forgive herm with his dismal game plan from last week ? DO we forgive Herm for his dismal offense this hole season ? Or - do we celebrate life again that
Herm might just have figured this thing out ?

Herman can't blow this game vs Da Raiderts, can he ?

Yesterday driving back to my office I got thinking how Tony Gonzolez was upset after the game and Jared Allen was un happy too. When
does a coach lose his players and team ? When does a player say
fug it and just starts mailing it in. He won't. :shake: This is Herm we're talking about here. :deevee: Come on! :grr: Get with the program. :banghead:

Pushead2
11-20-2007, 08:28 AM
then dec. 2 he will go back to his garbage offense.

Mecca
11-20-2007, 08:33 AM
LOL unleash Brody......so he'll be allowed to throw passes longer than 4 yards?

We could have Tom Brady and Randy Moss and Herm would have us running 30 times while throwing dinks and dunks, it's just his nature.

HonestChieffan
11-20-2007, 08:35 AM
As long as we are close at half time...

Its all about clock management.

FloridaMan88
11-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Herm has already lost this team because he has shown zero confidence in his players, especially on offense.

Chief Henry
11-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Herm has already lost this team because he has shown zero confidence in his players, especially on offense.

This is one thing I'm very afraid of. I'm also concerned about this team putting out effort when he see's Herm mailing it in with over a minute to go and 3 t-outs in the bank.

Rain Man
11-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I will never forgive Herman Edwards for last week. Never.

Pushead2
11-20-2007, 08:58 AM

Agree

chagrin
11-20-2007, 09:07 AM
he has shown zero confidence in his players,

I agree, what did it for me was before the Packer game, he told the reporters that basically we had no reason to think we'd win, especially with Green Bay coming off the bye week; it wasn't just a coach saying "they are strong after the bye and we'll see" I forget his exact words but it was negative for sure.
Damnit, I don't mind the conservative stuff (although I he is way too conservative IMO) but the negativity of his opinions of the potential and to say shit like that to reporters before the game, it really gets to me.

a1na2
11-20-2007, 09:23 AM
From the looks of the game I wonder if 'the Hermit' threw the game?

We had opportunities to excel and every time he took the low road.

1 1/2 minutes and two time outs before half time and we kneeled on the ball, how FU is that?

At the end of the game he called a stupidly conceived trick play to go 60 yards with no real setup for the play. At least a hail Mary pass would have had four possible outcomes. 1) TD, 2) pass interference and one more play 3) incomplete pass and 4) interception. How many times in history of the NFL has that dipshit doodle throw the ball up for grabs been successful? How often has the Hail Mary worked in one way or another? I always see the highlights of the Hail Mary, the only one I've seen with the dipshit doodle was the UC Berekley/UCLA game many years ago and even that one was more thought out than what the Chiefs ran.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 09:24 AM
From the looks of the game I wonder if 'the Hermit' threw the game?

Shut up, Tom.

a1na2
11-20-2007, 09:25 AM
I agree, what did it for me was before the Packer game, he told the reporters that basically we had no reason to think we'd win, especially with Green Bay coming off the bye week; it wasn't just a coach saying "they are strong after the bye and we'll see" I forget his exact words but it was negative for sure.
Damnit, I don't mind the conservative stuff (although I he is way too conservative IMO) but the negativity of his opinions of the potential and to say shit like that to reporters before the game, it really gets to me.

'the Hermit' spoke the Green Bay loss into existence. The players would have zero confidence in themselves when their HC basically tells them all that they suck.

I think it's time for the HC to leave KC on a rail.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 09:28 AM
'the Hermit' spoke the Green Bay loss into existence.

Is that why we led by 6 with 5 minutes left?

I suppose the players then suddenly quit?

Come on, Tom. I know you hate Herm but some logic would be refreshing.

kregger
11-20-2007, 09:32 AM
That was our team coming off a bye week. GB had beaten Dungver the previous week on MNF and were facing another road game on a short week.
He was praising GB because they had won and his point was that when you win, you can't wait to play again.

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 09:37 AM
LOL unleash Brody......so he'll be allowed to throw passes longer than 4 yards?

We could have Tom Brady and Randy Moss and Herm would have us running 30 times while throwing dinks and dunks, it's just his nature.

You say that, but when has Herm ever had any QB or WR anywhere near the top in the league? In Tampa? No. In NY? He had Coles but he's not close to a Moss, TO, CJ, etc. In KC? Not yet.

You could have said the same thing about Dungy before he got to Indy. You could also have said that Brian Billick would chuck the ball around in Baltimore after he left Minny. Guess what? He's never had the personnel.

FAX
11-20-2007, 09:52 AM
A win against a team that can't tie their shoes doesn't purchase Herm an indulgence in my papacy, Mr. Chief Henry.

I'm still steaming about those moronic quotes from yesterday. I swear to God, he makes things worse than they already are when he opens his shoe hole. Clearly, it's been too long since Herm had a good ass whooping.

He has another foot in mouth session today, doesn't he?

FAX

Zouk
11-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Someone needs to ask Herm today why not put in Herb Taylor. It literally cannot be worse at right tackle.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Someone needs to ask Herm today why not put in Herb Taylor. It literally cannot be worse at right tackle.

They've known that for weeks. He's probably not showing it in practice.

Zouk
11-20-2007, 09:57 AM
They've known that for weeks. He's probably not showing it in practice.

I think the original plan was to give him a full year in the weight room before lining him up. But I noticed he was active for the first time last weekend.

Remember - it is unpossible for the position to be played worse than it is being played right now.

Coogs
11-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I really think he may start giving Croyle a little more rope this week. I think Herm now has the QB he wanted to run this team. He didn't really want Green nor Huard. They were both stop gaps with limitations. Croyle has his limitations at this point as well. But you have to remember, Croyle did not have some of the O-line and LJ during the pre-season. Given at least half of the fans here think Croyle sucked in pre-season, he really couldn't afford to send him out there with a chuck it all over the field and make mistakes mentality against the Colts. Chiefs fans would have written him off after 1 game as the starter. It is much better for the fans to be ripping on Herm than on Croyle.

I may be in the minority, but I really think Herm knows what he is doing.

MichaelH
11-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Herm unleashing Brody and trying to win a game?? ROFL ROFL

Monkeys will fly out of my butt before that happens.

a1na2
Is that why we led by 6 with 5 minutes left?

I suppose the players then suddenly quit?

I know you hate Herm but some logic would be refreshing.

Your inability to understand that most teams in the league will not roll over and be conservative with such a small lead.

We scored 3, they scored 3, they scored 7, we scored 7, they scored 3.

Where in the game did anyone lead by 6? Were you even watching the game? The Chiefs never led by 6 unless you count the short time betwen the TD and the extra point.

It would be refreshing to see you develop some kind of football knowledge before you started ranting about your BS perception of the games.

Hermit threw the game, it was easy to see.

DaKCMan AP
I may be in the minority, but I really think Herm knows what he is doing.

BLASPHEMY!! BLASPHEMY!! Herm knows what he's doing? ROFL

;)

You and me, both.

a1na2
11-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Herm unleashing Brody and trying to win a game?? ROFL ROFL

Monkeys will fly out of my butt before that happens.

Rest assured that your butt monkeys will remain in their warm dark home this weekend.

dirk digler
One good game against a shitty team doesn't erase losing to the Colts JV team

Extra Point
Herm, please note that we don't have a pocket offense and that our O-Line can't run the dump screen.

RRPP is so 80's!!!

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Where in the game did anyone lead by 6? Were you even watching the game? The Chiefs never led by 6 unless you count the short time betwen the TD and the extra point.

I was talking about the Packers game, Tom. Try to keep up.

a1na2
11-20-2007, 10:12 AM
I was talking about the Packers game. Try to keep up.

Welll exxxxccccuuuusssseeeee me. you jackass.

Get a life will ya?

DaKCMan AP
11-20-2007, 10:14 AM
One good game against a shitty team doesn't erase losing to the Colts JV team

If missing Harrison and Freeney but having Manning, Wayne, Clark, Addai, etc. is the Colts JV team what Chiefs did they play without LJ? The pop-warner Chiefs?

Mr. Laz
11-20-2007, 11:05 AM
it's not about "unleashing" Brodie ...... it's about taking off the handcuffs.

we shouldn't be trying to throw every down or anything but we can actually try and throw the ball more than 5 yards.

be smart, but stay aggressive

best thing you can do to help the offensive line and Brodie is to keep the defense on it's heels about what you want to do.

stretch the field vertically and horizontally so that the defense has to defend the entire field instead of just 20 yards of it.

siberian khatru
11-20-2007, 11:06 AM

we shouldn't be trying to throw every down or anything but we can actually try and throw the ball more than 5 years.

best thing you can do to help the offensive line and Brodie is to keep the defense on it's heels about what you want to do.

stretch the field vertically and horizontally so that the defense has to defend the entire field instead of just 20 yards of it.

To quote Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally": YES! YES! YES!

ChiefGator
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM
And a couple first down throws are legal as well.

StcChief
11-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Just light up the Faiders.... confidence boster game for SD coming up.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
I thought Oakland had a couple of young, solid to great corners

DMAC
11-20-2007, 12:58 PM

we shouldn't be trying to throw every down or anything but we can actually try and throw the ball more than 5 yards.

Wow, it took 32 posts for someone to spell his name correctly. :shake:

King_Chief_Fan
11-20-2007, 01:03 PM

I don't know if you mean the Denver game or the Colts game. I am still pissed about the Denver game. Losing to a bad Denver team in Arrowhead? That isn't right.

bkkcoh
11-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Indy <> Oakland

Coogs
11-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Wow, it took 32 posts for someone to spell his name correctly. :shake:

His name was only used twice in those 32 posts, so it isn't likee 31 of us didn't know how to spell his name.

DMAC
11-20-2007, 01:55 PM
His name was only used twice in those 32 posts, so it isn't likee 31 of us didn't know how to spell his name.It still took 32 posts. Considering you put an extra "e" at the end of like, you, more than likely, would have spelled it wrong had you typed it.

Coogs
11-20-2007, 01:56 PM
It still took 32 posts. Considering you put an extra "e" at the end of like, you, more than likely, would have spelled it wrong had you typed it.

I don't have my glass on today. I wear bi-focals. And no, I am not a great speller.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Looks like Brodie's name is the next one that no one can get right - like Ryan Simms, Sammie Parker, Tony Gonzales.

MahiMike
11-20-2007, 02:13 PM
You say that, but when has Herm ever had any QB or WR anywhere near the top in the league? In Tampa? No. In NY? He had Coles but he's not close to a Moss, TO, CJ, etc. In KC? Not yet.

You could have said the same thing about Dungy before he got to Indy. You could also have said that Brian Billick would chuck the ball around in Baltimore after he left Minny. Guess what? He's never had the personnel.

Ya think? Dude, if Herm had Tom Brady and Randy Moss we would be scoring 15 pts/game instead of 10. Philosophy is philosophy. Herm would have Randy blocking for Priest.