PDA

View Full Version : It's weird. Despite losing at Indy Sunday...

donkhater
11-20-2007, 10:44 AM
..I have a renewed sense of anticipation about this team. In Chiefs B.C. (Before Croyle) I rooted for the Chiefs every Sunday, but I realized that if KC had success enough to get to the playoffs (or even come close), it only fueled Carl and Herm's belief that a veteran QB is the way to go and Croyle would go into next season still the backup. Ugh.

Now in we are in Chiefs A.D. (After Damon) and I feel everyone who should play is playing. It is MUCH easier to root for this team to succeed.

Don't screw it up, Herm. Everyone wants to love your team. Three of the next four games are at home. Go 4-0 and you'll likely be in the position to clinch the division with a win in Detroit. Yes. It could happen.

Note: If KC goes 4-0 in the next four games they will hold the tie-breakers over SD (2-0 head-to-head) and Denver (better division record). Denver plays SD in week 16 as well.

I know, I know. It's nuts to think this way given the chickensh!t we have as a head coach, but it is possible. Denver and SD are not appreciably better than KC to think KC couldn't go 4-0 in the next four games.

Like I said, it's weird how I've found a renewed sense of anticipation with this club.

donkhater
11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Jeez, I'm like the dumb rat who keeps hitting the shock buzzer expecting a treat to fall out.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
THEY'LL BLOW IT IN THE NINTH!

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7040/19895163by9go7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KC_Connection
11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I think they'll finish 8-8, which could be good enough to win the division in a tiebreaker.

Coogs
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
..I have a renewed sense of anticipation about this team. In Chiefs B.C. (Before Croyle) I rooted for the Chiefs every Sunday, but I realized that if KC had success enough to get to the playoffs (or even come close), it only fueled Carl and Herm's belief that a veteran QB is the way to go and Croyle would go into next season still the backup. Ugh.

Now in we are in Chiefs A.D. (After Damon) and I feel everyone who should play is playing. It is MUCH easier to root for this team to succeed.

Don't screw it up, Herm. Everyone wants to love your team. Three of the next four games are at home. Go 4-0 and you'll likely be in the position to clinch the division with a win in Detroit. Yes. It could happen.

Note: If KC goes 4-0 in the next four games they will hold the tie-breakers over SD (2-0 head-to-head) and Denver (better division record). Denver plays SD in week 16 as well.

I know, I know. It's nuts to think this way given the chickensh!t we have as a head coach, but it is possible. Denver and SD are not appreciably better than KC to think KC couldn't go 4-0 in the next four games.

Like I said, it's weird how I've found a renewed sense of anticipation with this club.

I do too! I could actually see us running the table, and being 10-6 going into the playoffs on a roll. I still believe what Gonzo said earlier in the season when he said this team is better than last years team. It just took until week 10 to get the team on the field.

Mile High Mania
11-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw Croyle looked like he could be a nice player.

chop
11-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I was disappointed from the standpoint of the conservative offense but I was surprised by the play of the defense. Because of them changing to Croyle, I have a new positive outlook on the season also. Now I want to see Herb Taylor get into the game and I would like to see how Svitek (hurt) might play right tackle. I don't think Svitek is a left tackle but he may be a decent RT. I would also like the Chiefs to bring up the young TE off of the practice squad and get him some playing time.

the Talking Can
11-20-2007, 10:53 AM
I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw Croyle looked like he could be a nice player.

he showed the only thing that really matters, imho...confidence....the game wasn't too big for him, he didn't panic...

and his arm, like Cutler's, is incredible...10 yard passes are there immediately...

Kylo Ren
11-20-2007, 10:56 AM
I think they'll finish 8-8, which could be good enough to win the division in a tiebreaker. So, in '05 we were 10-6 and missed the playoffs. Then, in '06 we were 9-7 and made the wildcard. Then, in '07 we will be 8-8 and win the division. Maybe we can go 7-9 next year and win the super bowl!!

donkhater
11-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Don't get me wrong. I think you still have to somewhat gameplan for him a bit. I don't think dropping back and throwing it 40+ times is the answer, but most people here are pissed about the PREDICTABLE play-calling and the sense that there was no urgency on the part of the coaching staff.

It was only on TV, but you could tell Gonzo, Bowe and Croyle wanted to start moving the ball, but if the running play on first down didn't get 4 yards, the coaches were resigned to punt the ball. Frustrating, VERY,VERY Frustrating to watch.

Part of it is that I think everyone wants to se the young player with the big arm. I do to. But I have always actually believed Croyle was better than Huard despite Huard's edge in experience. huard never did ANYTHING to make anyone think he was better than Croyle, yet we were stuck watching him for 9 games and costing us at least the Denver game with his sad play.

EyePod
11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Just so you know, they don't use AD and BC anymore, it's now BCE and CE, Before the Common Era and the Common Era. I would love more than anyone to get to the playoffs, but I don't think it will help our team any. We don't have a chance against the likes of a healthy Indy or NE or the Jaguars.... So I think a 6-10 season might actually help us bolster up our line compared to another 9-7 playoff spot where we get a late first round pick instead of that top 10 one.

donkhater
11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
If only they made the swtich 2 series sooner.

donkhater
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Just so you know, they don't use AD and BC anymore, it's now BCE and CE, Before the Common Era and the Common Era.
That's just a play on words. It's still separating human time around the era of Christ. Some just refuse to acknoledge it.

Pablo
11-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Just so you know, they don't use AD and BC anymore, it's now BCE and CE, Before the Common Era and the Common Era. I would love more than anyone to get to the playoffs, but I don't think it will help our team any. We don't have a chance against the likes of a healthy Indy or NE or the Jaguars.... So I think a 6-10 season might actually help us bolster up our line compared to another 9-7 playoff spot where we get a late first round pick instead of that top 10 one.Yeah, but at the same time, if we could get Brodie some playoff experience at home early in his career, that's a definate plus. And I'm really not at that concerned with a Top 10 pick, Herm will find good talent regardless of where we pick.

the Talking Can
11-20-2007, 11:06 AM
playoff game with Huard was pointless, a game with Croyle would be good for his development...

but all I care about is him improving this year

Pablo
11-20-2007, 11:07 AM
That's just a play on words. It's still separating human time around the era of Christ. Some just refuse to acknoledge it.Truth..I'm calling it BC and AD still and I don't really care what the rest of the world cares to call it. Kind of like switching to the metric system..lest everyone else do that sh*t. Wouldn't it kind of piss you off if you heard some anouncer say.."Croyle's throw for 2,600 metres on the year, but his throw was just a decimetre short there."

xbarretx
11-20-2007, 11:10 AM
THEY'LL BLOW IT IN THE NINTH!

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7040/19895163by9go7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:) you didnt have to post the pic of randy, i would of got it anyways :o) i love that movie!

Chief Pote
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
The talent on the field is not in question. It's the coaching staff that thinks small and safe. That will not get us into the playoffs. Quit dreaming and pick a 2nd favorite team to follow.

StcChief
11-20-2007, 11:30 AM
If only they made the swtich 2 series sooner.
or 2 games sooner.... :banghead:

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Fine for the PC folks - Before Croyle Era, Croyle Era

tooge
11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
I also have a renewed interest in them. But, I am a realist and think that it is still 2 years away from what all of us fans want. I think they shore up the O line over the next 2 offseasons, shore up the cornerbacks as well, and then we are looking at a complete team. I finally can watch them with an eye for the future, instead of thinking that the window is closing. It is closed, and I see it slowly opening again next year.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-20-2007, 02:31 PM
I think a Superbowl game for Croyle would be good for his development, especially if he were to win. Then we could at least expect to go 9-7 next year.

Imon Yourside
11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
No matter what happens we can rest assured we rode that *CIRCUS* of an offense out of town. I mean who the F*** wants an offense that doesn't Offend us?

Simply Red
11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
7-9

Chiefs_5627
11-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Same here, i am really rooting for Croyle and see what he can do and now that he is in over noodle arm, im more interested in the season, even though its basically over. ;)

FAX
11-20-2007, 03:01 PM
This season is far from over. Geez.

Ultimately, Herm is going to have to give in and get the ball to Sippio. When that happens, we'll rock the entire professional sports world back on its heels, slap its ass, and call it Nancy.

FAX

Rain Man
11-20-2007, 06:08 PM
I think we need to make a coaching change.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I think we need to make a coaching change.

Herm will be here at least as long as Carl is. So that's two more years after this one.

Easy 6
11-20-2007, 08:27 PM

Yep, he sure did.

He & Cutler should be duking it out for years to come.

FAX
11-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Burn Mr. Mile High Mania!!!

FAX