PDA

View Full Version : Forget Kolby; Feature Kris Wilson

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 10:47 PM
OK, go ahead and laugh.
The last time this happened was 2000.
We lost all our RBs to injury and FB Tony Richardson was featured.
He ended up finishing #2 in yards-per-touch that season behind Tiki Barber (!).

Smith was a back up in college.
Wilson at least can power for yards and run inside (this OL cannot zone block or pull or trap).
Wilson has proven he run deep pass patterns and come up with the catch.
Grigsby can play H-back/FB for Wilson.
Wilson will be better in pass protect for Brodie as well.

I'm not against Kolby, I just think Wilson is a better option. Kolby = Frank Moreau.

God bless Priest Holmes, a Chiefs icon forever and a great human being.
:arrow:

Mr. Arrowhead
11-20-2007, 10:51 PM
we might as well see what we got in kolby smith

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
we might as well see what we got in kolby smith
Neg-a-TIVE.

We've seen it. The only reason he beat out the superior Derrick Ross was Ross' alleged proclivity towards fumbling. Look for some action on the KC taxi squad.

keg in kc
11-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Comparing Kris Wilson to Tony Richardson has to be one of the more...bizarre things I've seen.

Kris Wilson is not a fullback. Kris Wilson is not a halfback. Kris Wilson is - maybe - an h-back.

He has 2 carries, total, in his career.

My guess: there's a reason for that.

I'd rather have Frank Moreau carry the ball.

Or Kolby.

At least he's a runningback. I don't want to see a converted tight end trying to run the ball.

dirk digler
11-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Marcus Allen is coming back no worries

Mecca
Harvey Williams is coming back.

cdcox
He has a career average 5.5 yards per carry!

siberian khatru
11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I still say we should convert Tamarick Vanover to RB.

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Comparing Kris Wilson to Tony Richardson has to be one of the more...bizarre things I've seen.

Kris Wilson is not a fullback. Kris Wilson is not a halfback. Kris Wilson is - maybe - an h-back.

He has 2 carries, total, in his career.

My guess: there's a reason for that.

I'd rather have Frank Moreau carry the ball.

Or Kolby.

At least he's a runningback. I don't want to see a converted tight end trying to run the ball.

Smith is not the answer to anything. I can't even figure out why we drafted a back up college RB?

Wilson can at least get tough inside yards. Look, this O has just gone 100% 1-dimensional. So get the RB in there who can flourish in the passing game and protect the QB.

Mecca
11-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Um Kolby Smith started his entire senior year seeing as Michael Bush got hurt in the 1st game.

MadMax
Harvey Williams is coming back.

Sweeet! We get to see a giraffe again :)

keg in kc
Wilson can at least get tough inside yards. Look, this O has just gone 100% 1-dimensional. So get the RB in there who can flourish in the passing game and protect the QB.When has Wilson shown that he can get tough inside yards?

When has Wilson shown that he can flourish in the passing game?

When has wilson shown that he can protect the quarterback?

You been playing Madden again?

siberian khatru
11-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Wilson can at least get tough inside yards.

You have no idea if he can or not.

the Talking Can
11-20-2007, 11:01 PM
let's see:

1. our best QB is Jeff Terrell
2. Sippio will dominate Chicago's DBs
3. Wilson should be our RB

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:01 PM
When has Wilson shown that he can get tough inside yards?

When has Wilson shown that he can flourish in the passing game?

When has wilson shown that he can protect the quarterback?

You been playing Madden again?

He has carried inside the tackles this year and gained 4+ yds.

He has receptions this year including a long gainer from Huard.

Please enlighten me on how Kolby Smith will be better in pass protect than a converted TE?????

Pablo
11-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Man, I sure hope Brodie's ready to throw 40+ times.

But probably not, I'm sure Wilson or Smith will be taking 2 yard dives up the gut on first and second. I just can't wait for this weekend! Woo-hoo.

Mecca
11-20-2007, 11:03 PM
KcJohnny is so out there I can't help but laugh.

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:04 PM
let's see:

Oh YEAH.
I stand by all those famous quotes.
I had no idea you were chronicaling my statements.

You missed "Sauerbrun is our savior" and "Donnell Bennett would have been a 1300 yd back with enough carries".

:hmmm:

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:05 PM
KcJohnny is so out there I can't help but laugh.

Oh! YOU have room to talk!
LOL!

ROFL

Mecca
11-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Atleast I don't claim TE's should be the starting RB.

dirk digler
11-20-2007, 11:11 PM
let's see:

LMAO

I have to agree that Wilson starting as the RB has to be the stupidest idea I have heard on the planet in at least a year.

You really can't be this dumb can you?

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Atleast I don't claim TE's should be the starting RB.

OK, he's an H-back, not a TE.

He lines up as a FB on 80% of the plays he's in the game for.
He averages 5.5 yards per carry in the NFL.
He can catch the bomb (check out this 29 yd reception (http://www.nfl.com/players/kristopherwilson/profile?id=WIL741016)).
As a FB/H-Back, he knows all the pass protect schemes, Smith knows ?

Kolby Smith was a back up RB in college and you think he'll do better? Please state your case rather than criticizing me.

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:14 PM
LMAO

I have to agree that Wilson starting as the RB has to be the stupidest idea I have heard on the planet in at least a year.

Please, by all means make your case why Kolby Smith is a better option. I'm all ears.

the Talking Can
11-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Please, by all means make your case why Kolby Smith is a better option. I'm all ears.

well, for starters, he is actually a RB...

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:15 PM
well, for starters, he is actually a RB...

Zzzzzzzzzz...

Next?

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Look you yay hoos...

Even if Herm goes with Smith, who will spell him? Wilson. I just think between the 2, Wilson is the better all-round football player. I wish Kolby Smith all the success in the world. But if he couldn't win a starting job at Louisville, why she he start ahead of a vet like KW in KC?

Bring back Derrick Ross.

:shake:

JBucc
11-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Well Kolby just received the kiss of death. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175020

CoMoChief
11-20-2007, 11:20 PM
I just texted msg Greg Hill. He said Carl and him are almost done with a 4yr deal.

dirk digler
11-20-2007, 11:21 PM

Because he is the only one on the roster and he is a true RB. Kris Wilson wouldn't last 1 quarter running the ball.

Someone reported earlier that the Chiefs are bringing back McKenzie Smith I don't know if that is correct or not though.

Pablo
11-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Well Kolby just received the kiss of death. http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175020Sonofa... well, I guess we could just run reverse plays to Kennison and Parker in place of a legit running game.

dirk digler
11-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Played in 13 games (10 starts), rushing 154 times for a career-high 891 yards (5.6 avg.) with seven touchdowns … Also caught 24 passes for 217 yards (9.0 avg.) ... Produced 24 runs of 10+ yards

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Because he is the only one on the roster and he is a true RB. Kris Wilson wouldn't last 1 quarter running the ball.

Uh... and you know this because...????

dirk digler
11-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Uh... and you know this because...????

Because a RB in the NFL is a warrior not a bigfoot

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Dude, you are galatically stupid.

prhom
11-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Why don't we just make D-Bowe an RB? At least that way he's guaranteed to get the ball. We aren't going to throw it to him more than 10 yds from scrimmage anyway...

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Wilson has 2 carries for 11 yds. 5.5 YPC (admittedly small sample).

Smith has a few more carries for a yucky YPC average.

The question becomes, with no run blocking, who's the best option in the passing game?

A back up college RB or a 4-year NFL vet who can pass protect and catch out of the backfield?

Hey - I've got no dog in this fight. I just want the Chiefs to win. In 2000 when we lost all our RBs, we featured our FB and he ran downhill very well. Wilson will at least bang into the hole and push the pile forward. Smith looks helpless.

Pablo
11-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Why don't we just make D-Bowe an RB? At least that way he's guaranteed to get the ball. We aren't going to throw it to him more than 10 yds from scrimmage anyway...Bowe is too phenomenal to have to stand behind this piss-poor line. All the smart players move forward, away from the mouse trap we call our O-Line.

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Smith: 10 carries for 19 yds; 1.9 YPC
3 catches for 34 yds 11.3 YPC

Wilson: 2 carries for 11 yards; 5.5 YPC
32 catches, 287 yds, 3 TDs, 9.0 YPC

Look, if we go with Kolby, I want him to be Terrel Davis. But if I am coach, I resgn myself to having no rushing attack and at least put my 250 pound fella in there to bang inside for 3 YPC. Smith will not even get that. Mark my words.

dirk digler
11-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Smith: 10 carries for 19 yds; 1.9 YPC
3 catches for 34 yds 11.3 YPC

Wilson: 2 carries for 11 yards; 5.5 YPC
32 catches, 287 yds, 3 TDs, 9.0 YPC

Look, if we go with Kolby, I want him to be Terrel Davis. But if I am coach, I resgn myself to having no rushing attack and at least put my 250 pound fella in there to bang inside for 3 YPC. Smith will not even get that. Mark my words.

Your stats are meaningless. This is Wilson's 4th year you would think that if he was so awesome as a runner he would average more than 1 carry every 2 years.

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Your stats are meaningless. This is Wilson's 4th year you would think that if he was so awesome as a runner he would average more than 1 carry every 2 years.

Oh really?
And how is Kolby 1.9 YPC more qualified?

You conveniently omit that KC had three (count 'em, 3) PB RBs at the start of the 2007 season. Why should the FB/H-Back carry at all? Yet he did, for a nice 5.5 ypc average.

I never said he was awesome as a runner. I said he's a better option in a pass first offense with a young QB and a crappy OL. You have not proven otherwise.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 11:49 PM
I can't believe you're serious, KCJ.

Wilson has almost no open field skills. Little agility. No moves. Slow.

This isn't going to be a pass first offense.

Forget this stupid idea.

dirk digler
11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Oh really?
And how is Kolby 1.9 YPC more qualified?

You conveniently omit that KC had three (count 'em, 3) PB RBs at the start of the 2007 season. Why should the FB/H-Back carry at all? Yet he did, for a nice 5.5 ypc average.

I never said he was awesome as a runner. I said he's a better option in a pass first offense with a young QB and a crappy OL. You have not proven otherwise.

Your last paragraph destroys your argument because Herm said they are going to protect Brodie and let him not get hit. So that means we are going to run the ball 75% of the time at least so we are not going to be a pass first offense.

I am not saying Kolby is going to be the next LJ he is just the best we got and we are going to suck anyways so who cares.

Hell LJ couldn't run behind this line yet you think Kris Wilson can?

I can't believe I am actually having this argument this is how stupid an idea this is.

KCJohnny
11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
I can't believe you're serious, KCJ.

Wilson has almost no open field skills. Little agility. No moves. Slow.

This isn't going to be a pass first offense.

Forget this stupid idea.
Uh, NO, the stupid idea is to start a rookie who was a back up in college and hope his pass receiving/QB protection skills are better than Wilson's.

You people do not realize how brutally bad this OL is. THREE PB RBs this year in our backfield and none able to penetrate 3.5 YPC! Do you think a back up collge RB will do better than a 250 pound bruiser at running betwee the tackles (let's face it - we have zero perimter game now that Priest/LJ/Bennett are gone)?

KW can:
Hit the hole inside; Pass protect; Catch the ball.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Ross is still available, according to NFL.com

If we bring in McKeith when we could just as easily bring in a more talented back, that would be classic Peterson.

Always go with the safe play, f*ck risk/reward.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Uh, NO, the stupid idea is to start a rookie who was a back up in college and hope his pass receiving/QB protection skills are better than Wilson's.

You people do not realize how brutally bad this OL is. THREE PB RBs this year in our backfield and none able to penetrate 3.5 YPC! Do you think a back up collge RB will do better than a 250 pound bruiser at running betwee the tackles (let's face it - we have zero perimter game now that Priest/LJ/Bennett are gone)?

KW can:
Hit the hole inside;
Pass protect; Catch the ball.

Just stop. Kris Wilson is not a running back.

dirk digler
11-21-2007, 12:00 AM

It is not like they have much of a choice Johnny. Going into the season the RB position was the deepest position on the team now it is the weakest. Shit happens

bdeg
11-21-2007, 12:00 AM
RB is a whole different skill set from TE.

Kris Wilson has little idea how to read holes, make cuts, take a handoff etc.

It takes players years to learn that.

Kolby Smith has played the position effectively for years. Maybe not at this level, but he has years of experience doing the things a RB does. And you want to hand the ball off to a tight end?

bdeg
11-21-2007, 12:01 AM
If we had T Rich or a REAL FB, maybe that would be a good idea, but not with Kris Wilson.

dirk digler
11-21-2007, 12:04 AM

Kolby Smith has played the position effectively for years. Maybe not at this level, but he has years of experience doing the things a RB does. And you want to hand the ball off to a tight end?

now now you can't use logic here

keg in kc
11-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Do you think a back up collge RB will do better than a 250 pound bruiser at running betwee the tackles (let's face it - we have zero perimter game now that Priest/LJ/Bennett are gone)?Your mistake here is that you're making an illogical leap, assuming that Wilson's 6'2, 251 pound pounds somehow makes him a "bruiser".

Nothing about Wilson's game has ever been, is, or will ever be about power. He's a finesse player, a hybrid brought in by Al Saunders to do nothing but catch passes (and he doesn't even do that particularly well). He's shown repeatedly over the years that he's not strong, that he's not violent, and that he doesn't seek contact.

That's why they've been working a converted linebacker into goaline and short-yardage situations this year. Wilson simply can't do it.

Kolby Smith is lightyears closer to Tony Richardson than Kris Wilson will ever be.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 12:21 AM
And Kolby's credentials are ???

KW gets 5.5 YPC and KS gets 1.9.

KW gets 287 yds recieving on 32 catches.

OK, let's say its a wash; who helps young Croyle more? A TE who can pass protect or a green rookie RB who cannot rush the football?

RealSNR
11-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Rashaan Shehee is available, right? Or is he involved in Ultimate Fighting or some bullshit like that?

dirk digler
11-21-2007, 12:25 AM
And Kolby's credentials are ???

KW gets 5.5 YPC and KS gets 1.9.

KW gets 287 yds recieving on 32 catches.

OK, let's say its a wash; who helps young Croyle more? A TE who can pass protect or a green rookie RB who cannot rush the football?

Are you really this dense? Keg nailed it.... PERFECTLY. They will use Wilson to help protect Brodie the 10 times he actually throws the ball and Kolby will carry the rock.

Good night.

RealSNR
11-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Guys, calm down. There's an easy answer to this problem.

Boomer Grigsby.

Thread ovar

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Are you really this dense? Keg nailed it.... PERFECTLY. They will use Wilson to help protect Brodie the 10 times he actually throws the ball and Kolby will carry the rock.

Good night.

LOL! Yeah! According your diagnosis, KC will carry the ball 25 x for 48 yards.

WOW.

That's carrying the rock! At least with big backs we can count on 4 YPC. Your scheme accomplishes nothing and leaves the young QB at risk.

keg in kc
11-21-2007, 12:30 AM
OK, let's say its a wash; who helps young Croyle more? A TE who can pass protect or a green rookie RB who cannot rush the football?Let's see, a tight end who's failed to make a meaningful impact in four years at any position, or a rookie RB drafted this year to play...runningback.

Which one should be playing runningback?

At the risk of repeated myself, I want to re-emphasize that this's runningback we're talking about. Who do we want playing runningback? The backup tight end or the player we drafted to play the position. The backup tight end, who's taken all of his snaps this year at fullback and h-back, or the runningback who's taken all his snaps at runningback and actually played runningback during games.

Gee, that's a tough one.

Mecca
11-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Let's make KcJohnny coach, we'll be on the Dolphins level then.

Mecca
11-21-2007, 12:31 AM
LOL! Yeah! According your diagnosis, KC will carry the ball 25 x for 48 yards.

WOW.

That's carrying the rock! At least with big backs we can count on 4 YPC. Your scheme accomplishes nothing and leaves the young QB at risk.

LJ got 4 yards a carry?.....you don't just get 4ypc based on the size of your back.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Let's see, a tight end who's failed to make a meaningful impact in four years at any position, or a rookie RB drafted this year to play...runningback.

Which one should be playing runningback?

At the risk of repeated myself, I want to re-emphasize that this's runningback we're talking about. Who do we want playing runningback? The backup tightend or the player we drafted to play the position.

Gee, that's a tough one.

A tough one for you, perhaps.

You totally ignore the problems at RB this season. 3 PB RBs have failed to ge 3.5+ YPC. The OL cannot trap or pull. So do you bring in a 1.9 YPC RB who could not even earn a starting job in college or do you give the rock to the moose who averages 5.5 YPC and that can pass protect and play TE when needed? The NFL proves that big guys can get average yardage simply on their size. I hope Kolby succeeds. But in reality, a big back will help this anemic offense more than a so-called 'real' RB...

Mecca
11-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Who are these 3 Pro Bowl RB's........

Also the guy Kolby Smith played behind was a top 10 pick till he got injured, so it isn't like he was playing with some scrub.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 12:41 AM

Also the guy Kolby Smith played behind was a top 10 pick till he got injured, so it isn't like he was playing with some scrub.

Priest, LJ and Bennett all made the PB.

Brodie needs a guy wo can block, run and receive. Tell me that Kolby Smith is better prepared than Kris Wilson...

Buehler445
11-21-2007, 12:42 AM

I assume he's talking about Michael Bennett, LJ, Priest.

Mecca
11-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Psh Bennett....any douche RB could have made the pro bowl on that team....seeing as every defender played pass every down.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 12:49 AM
If I am Herm, I have still not heard one recommendation to start Kolby Smith over Kris Wilson.

God bless the hunter-tribes, but Herm's offensive scheme (try not otlose); Maje the dynasty of the salient risk.

bdeg
11-21-2007, 12:56 AM
If I am Herm, I have still not heard one recommendation to start Kolby Smith over Kris Wilson.

God bless the hunter-tribes, but Herm's offensive scheme (try not otlose); Maje the dynasty of the salient risk.
I have absolutely 0 idea what the second half of that means, so this is responding to the first half.

READ:

You keep quoting those YPC's, but neither player has had enough carries for it to be an accurate estimate of skill. Especially Wilson.

RealSNR
11-21-2007, 12:57 AM

1) Kolby knows how to carry a football while running. He's much less likely to fumble or do something stupid.

2) He's faster

3) He has some moves

4) He can find holes better than Wilson

5) Wilson has had two carries. How do you know what Wilson can do and Kolby can't do? Kolby is a rookie who hasn't started an NFL game yet. NOBODY knows what he can do.

keg in kc
11-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Brodie needs a guy wo can block, run and receive. Tell me that Kolby Smith is better prepared than Kris Wilson...Please tell me you're either trolling or inebriated in some fashion tonight.

This is like if Law or Surtain can't play, and you decide to post a thread saying "Forget Brackenridge; Feature Jimmie Wilkerson" and then proceed to say that Wilkerson is "better prepared" than Brackenridge to play corner, because he's bigger and been in the league longer.

Kris Wilson is not prepared in any way, shape or form to play runningback. Any runningback would be better prepared than Wilson. Including Kolby Smith.

Square pegs and round holes.

Hootie
11-21-2007, 01:35 AM
Fast Willie Parker never played much at North Carolina...he's doing ok in the pros...

Hootie
11-21-2007, 01:43 AM
by the way, KCJohnny, most of the times I love your optimism...but this is flat our ridiculous.

BWillie
11-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Bla bla bla. Kolby Smith, LJ, Kris Wilson, it doesn't really matter. Our run blocking still blows orange monkey ass, and until that, the only guy you could put behind center that would make a difference is Adrian Peterson.

Hootie
11-21-2007, 02:08 AM
too bad Chester Taylor proved last week AP was actually human and the run blocking is actually much, much better than we gave it credit for in Minny

keg in kc
11-21-2007, 02:08 AM
You totally ignore the problems at RB this season. 3 PB RBs have failed to ge 3.5+ YPC. The OL cannot trap or pull. So do you bring in a 1.9 YPC RB who could not even earn a starting job in collegeFunny statement in the same thread where you applaud Larry Johnson (a 1-year wonder in college) and Priest Holmes (who lost his starting job twice, once in college with Texas and then in the pros with Baltimore). or do you give the rock to the moose who averages 5.5 YPC and that can pass protect and play TE when needed?"Moose who averages 5.5 YPC" isn't worth any response other than laughter.

Beyond that, history has proven both that he can't pass protect and that he can't play tight end. And in fact, it's proven that he can't play fullback, either, since they're trying to convert a bad LB to take his spot...The NFL proves that big guys can get average yardage simply on their size.Really. Please point out to me what "big guys" you're referring to.

Because Adrian Peterson leads the league in yardage. At 217 (that's 2 pounds less than Smith - guess he's too small to play. Better let the rest of the league know).

Willie Parker is number 2. 209.

Clinton Portis. 223.

Joseph Addai. 214.

Marshawn Lynch. 215.

Willis McGahee. 232 (ooh, he's kind of big! Sort of.).

LaDainian Tomlinson. 221.

Bryan Westbrook. 203.

Edgerrin James. 220.

LenDale White. 235.

Thomas Jones. 215.

Ronnie Brown. 232.

DeShaun Foster. 222.

Travis Henry. 230.

Marion Barber. 221.

Top 15 runners in the league at this moment. Smith's within 15 pounds of every single one of them.

None are within 15 pounds of Wilson.

Not a single one.

And that's ignoring the real salient points, like, you know, talent and speed and all of those other things that Wilson utterly lacks. I hope Kolby succeeds. But in reality, a big back will help this anemic offense more than a so-called 'real' RB...Then maybe we should look for this "big back" of yours, instead of wasting our time on a converted tight end who's proven at every given opportunity for years now that he isn't NFL talent.

Although, you know, Smith is, technically, a big back. He was projected my many to be a fullback in the pros, and in fact played the position in college his first two seasons. Most people argue the exact opposite of what you are, that he isn't a "'real' RB", that's he's more of a 'big back'.

You talk about him like he's Derrick Blaylock or Dante Hall when in reality he's 5'11, 219 pounds.

keg in kc
11-21-2007, 02:10 AM
If I am Herm,For everyone who's wondered "can it possibly get worse than Herm?", there's your answer.

Kerberos
11-21-2007, 07:08 AM
The CHIEFS should NEVER have released Rich Scanlon.

We release our secret weapon and NOW we suck.

Anyone else see any Correlation?

:D

TEX
11-21-2007, 07:16 AM
KCJ,
The difference is that T-Rich was a REAL NFL RB and Wilson's a Bigfoot.

penguinz
11-21-2007, 07:17 AM
OK, he's an H-back, not a TE.

It does not matter how many times you call a piece of shit chocolate it is still shit.

It amazes me how every post you make is somehow more bizarre than the last.

penguinz
11-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Wilson at least can power for yards and run inside (this OL cannot zone block or pull or trap).He has one carry for 5 yards. wow a 5 yard average!

He has 3 receptions over 11 yards in 16 catches. He has an 8.3 yard per catch average. He is definitely a deep threat.

DaKCMan AP
11-21-2007, 07:29 AM
The depth of KCJ's ineptitude is mind boggling.

Easy 6
11-21-2007, 07:44 AM
I dont hate Bigfoot like so many others here, he's being used completely wrong IMO.

Buuut, you cant be serious John...if he runs with the ball more than once a game...its. just. wrong.

TEX
11-21-2007, 07:48 AM
The depth of KCJ's ineptitude is mind boggling.

The true defination of a Blind Homer...But you gotta love it!

Eleazar
11-21-2007, 07:48 AM
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Inspector
11-21-2007, 08:09 AM
We need to hurry up and decide.

The Chiefs are waiting for our answer.

DaKCMan AP
11-21-2007, 08:19 AM
The true defination of a Blind Homer...But you gotta love it!

No, a blind homer would be running around claiming that Kolby is the next LJ, Jim Brown and Barry Sanders tied into one.

An idiot blind homer wants to discard a rookie RB and place a TE at HB.

dirk digler
11-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Keg nails it again. Thread over

TEX
11-21-2007, 08:35 AM
For everyone who's wondered "can it possibly get worse than Herm?", there's your answer.

Now that's ****ING FUNY! ROFL

Dirk's right - Thread OVER!

jjchieffan
11-21-2007, 08:43 AM
LMAO

Here. I have a better one. Lets convert Boomer to RB. ROFL

Eleazar
11-21-2007, 09:04 AM
KW gets 5.5 YPC

On two carries total in his career, you yutz. Walter Payton didn't even have the YPC you say our backup tight end supposedly has.

He needs to concentrate on keeping his helmet on and not getting called for penalties.

Brock
11-21-2007, 09:11 AM
Good lord. Somebody's antenna is bent.

morphius
11-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Wilson isn't even tough enough to block, the guy is a wannabe WR in a TE's body, and is only playing FB because they like his ability to catch out of the backfield and see him as a mismatch. Please stop making my head hurt with stupid ideas.

DMAC
11-21-2007, 09:28 AM
OK, go ahead and laugh. Okay, LMAO

So was PRIEST HOLMES.

Eleazar
11-21-2007, 09:29 AM
I think we should just use Boone as a running back, what do you guys think?

morphius
11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
I think we should just use Boone as a running back, what do you guys think?
I'm thinking Eddie Drummond, it would be nice to dump him off of the squad, and since we are just killing our RB's we might as well start there. Of course with his backup being Bell.

DaKCMan AP
11-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Okay, LMAO

So was PRIEST HOLMES.

For that matter, so was Ronnie Brown. Even the year he went #2 overall in the draft, ahead of Auburn's starter Cadillac Williams.

Mr. Plow
11-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Why not feature the "Two Headed Attack".......Croyle at QB......Huard at RB?

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Good lord. Somebody's antenna is bent.
ROFL

I have to acknowledge that one, Brock. Nice!

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2007, 12:34 PM
This has to be one of the most stupid threads ever on the Planet and that is saying something.

StcChief
11-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Boomer/K.Smith, Lamont Jordon, Derrick Ross, whomever they dredge up to run.

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Hell lets put Eddie Drummond at RB, he played it at Penn State. Besides we know already he can run right into somebodys ass.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 12:38 PM
OK, I know this is bizarre even for me (and that's saying something).
But a few facts:

1. Smith will not get the rock 30x a game.
2. Herm will not let Brodie throw 40x a game.
3. The Chiefs have no other RBs besides a converted TE and a converted LB.
4. Wilson is higher on the depth chart than Grigsby.
5. Even signing a FA RB will not solve the immediate problem - he will not know the playbook or protect schemes.
6. Smith's 10 carries for 19 yards are a small sample but unimpressive.
7. Wilson's 2 carries area microscopic sample but he looks impressive moving the pile (at least to me).
8. Herm/Solari know that if Smith gets shaken up or injured, Wilson will have to play TB. So they will need to give him reps, at least in practice.

Therefore...

It makes sense that KW will at least see some action as a ball-carrier. IMO he's more suited to run the dive/plunge between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down than provide a change-of-pace on 3rd down (Smith has already performed as a 3rd down back this season).

Look, do you guys think I don't know how stupid all this sounds? Of course I do, that's what makes this so much fun.

For the newbs, KCJ's all-time favorite Chiefs RB is Donnell Bennett. ;)

KCJ
Blind, decieved (stupid) homer

Mr. Plow
11-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Let's all just agree that there are a number of people currently on the Chiefs roster and free agents that would be a better option than Wilson at RB.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Let's all just agree that there are a number of people currently on the Chiefs roster and free agents that would be a better option than Wilson at RB.

On the Chiefs roster now?

Who besides Smith are you referring to Mr. Plow?

Mr. Laz
11-21-2007, 12:50 PM
OK, go ahead and laugh.
The last time this happened was 2000.
We lost all our RBs to injury and FB Tony Richardson was featured.
He ended up finishing #2 in yards-per-touch that season behind Tiki Barber (!).

Wilson at least can power for yards and run inside (this OL cannot zone block or pull or trap).
Grigsby can play H-back/FB for Wilson.
Wilson will be better in pass protect for Brodie as well.

I'm not against Kolby, I just think Wilson is a better option. Kolby = Frank Moreau.

God bless Priest Holmes, a Chiefs icon forever and a great human being.

see ...... this is where you get yourself into trouble.

i mean normally people can forgive your goofy shite because your just being a homer.

this isn't homer this is dumb

wilson is just BARELY a fullback ....... now you want him to run the ball?!?!

doofus :shake:

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 12:55 PM
see ...... this is where you get yourself into trouble.

i mean normally people can forgive your goofy shite because your just being a homer.

this isn't homer this is dumb

wilson is just BARELY a fullback ....... now you want him to run the ball?!?!

doofus :shake:

Doofus shmoofus.
KW has been playing the H-back position now for 2 full NFL seasons. Not exactly a nube. KC also gave primary ball-carrying responsibilities to other FBs: Anders, Bennett, Richardson. Its not like there's no precedent here for FBs rushing the football.

Please see reply #99.

KCJ
Blind dumb doofus homer

Demonpenz
11-21-2007, 01:02 PM
i would love to run kris wilson to just get us to next season because he has been worth nothing pretty much to use. Mine as well throw scott elerton out there to eat up innings

Mr. Laz
11-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Doofus shmoofus.
KW has been playing the H-back position now for 2 full NFL seasons. Not exactly a nube. KC also gave primary ball-carrying responsibilities to other FBs: Anders, Bennett, Richardson. Its not like there's no precedent here for FBs rushing the football.

Please see reply #99.

KCJ
Blind dumb doofus homer
what part of H-back makes wilson a viable running back prospect?

he's never been a running back ....... not even in high school.

i think he return kicks for a season but .......

you should just change your name to "Blind, Doofus Homer" :p

KC Dan
11-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Doofus shmoofus.
Blind dumb doofus homer
hehehehehehehehehehehehehe...sorry

Que Card QB
11-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Give Jared Allen the ball.

keg in kc
11-21-2007, 01:14 PM
I can't believe I'm wasting more breath on this idocy. I must be really, really bored.

To further disabuse the Tony Richardson comparison:

Richardson carried the ball 162 times for 715 yards (4.4 ypc) and 9 TDs over his four seasons at Auburn. With the Chiefs, he carried the ball 104 times for 432 yards (4.2 ypc) and 3 TDs the two seasons prior to 2000, including 84 carries in 1999 for 387 yards (4.6 ypc).

Kris Wilson was a tight end at the University of Pittsburgh and has, again, to date, carried the ball 2 times with Kansas City.

One of the worst ideas ever.

Gilbert Harris off the practice squad would be a better choice than Wilson.

Mr. Plow
11-21-2007, 01:28 PM
On the Chiefs roster now?

Who besides Smith are you referring to Mr. Plow?

Damon Huard
Tony Gonzalez
Derrick Johnson
Eddie Kennison
Dwayne Bowe
Dustin Colquitt
Eddie Drummond
Samie Parker
Bernard Pollard
Dave Rayner

And the ultimate back.....

Bobby Sippio

He can do it ALL.

KurtCobain
11-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Oh YEAH.
I stand by all those famous quotes.
I had no idea you were chronicaling my statements.

You missed "Sauerbrun is our savior" and "Donnell Bennett would have been a 1300 yd back with enough carries".

:hmmm:

You weren't with me on the "Croyle for Right Tackle" riot?

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 05:32 PM
OK, I know this is bizarre even for me (and that's saying something).
But a few facts:

1. Smith will not get the rock 30x a game.
2. Herm will not let Brodie throw 40x a game.
3. The Chiefs have no other RBs besides a converted TE and a converted LB.
4. Wilson is higher on the depth chart than Grigsby.
5. Even signing a FA RB will not solve the immediate problem - he will not know the playbook or protect schemes.
6. Smith's 10 carries for 19 yards are a small sample but unimpressive.
7. Wilson's 2 carries area microscopic sample but he looks impressive moving the pile (at least to me).
8. Herm/Solari know that if Smith gets shaken up or injured, Wilson will have to play TB. So they will need to give him reps, at least in practice.

Therefore...

It makes sense that KW will at least see some action as a ball-carrier. IMO he's more suited to run the dive/plunge between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down than provide a change-of-pace on 3rd down (Smith has already performed as a 3rd down back this season).

Que Card QB
11-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I hate to say it, but it's time our entire line learns the art of chop, err...cut blocking--a la the rat.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 05:39 PM
I hate to say it, but it's time our entire line learns the art of chop, err...cut blocking--a la the rat.

True dat.
Denver can snap _____________________ at RB and get a thousand yard rusher. Year in, year out, guys we've never heard of rush with great success for the donkeys. The only common denominator is the blocking scheme.

Skip Towne
11-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Why did we draft KW? It doesn't seem he can do much of anything.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Why did we draft KW? It doesn't seem he can do much of anything.

My question is, who spells Smith on running downs?
Somebody has to tote the rock.

If not KW, then who?

And who gets the totes if Smith gets injured?

And does it even matter? Our rushing production was abysmal woth LJ running it. Running downs are basically a charade designed to keep defenses biting on play action. Our rushing attack has produced:

More 3-and-outs than any team in the NFL; More plays for no gain or lost yardage than any team in the NFL; Fewer rushing YPG than nearly any team in the NFL.
Smith's 8 carries for 17 yards (or whatever it was) Sunday doesn't exactly fill my heart with hope...

Mr. Plow
11-21-2007, 06:36 PM
My question is, who spells Smith on running downs?
Somebody has to tote the rock.

If not KW, then who?

And who gets the totes if Smith gets injured?

And does it even matter? Our rushing production was abysmal woth LJ running it. Running downs are basically a charade designed to keep defenses biting on play action. Our rushing attack has produced:

More 3-and-outs than any team in the NFL; More plays for no gain or lost yardage than any team in the NFL; Fewer rushing YPG than nearly any team in the NFL.
Smith's 8 carries for 17 yards (or whatever it was) Sunday doesn't exactly fill my heart with hope...

If Smith gets injured, and we can't get one of the guys I listed above to do it, then just drop into shotgun and throw the ball every damn down. Running hasn't gotten us anywhere.

Hell, let's change our offense to a total 2 minute offense. No huddles. Call plays at the line. Throw the ball 98% of the time.

Mr. Plow
11-21-2007, 06:39 PM

This one of things that bothers me about your stance. Smith - an actual RB - gets 8 carries for 17 yards in his rookie year, in his first real action - and that means we need to ship him off to Tibet.

Wilson, who has been here, what - 3, 4, 5 years? - hasn't done anything, isn't anywhere close to a RB, can somewhat catch the ball, and he's the answer?

I can see Wilson as the RB. He gets the hand off, lowers his head, and just runs straight until someone tackles him, he runs into his own players, or he hits the goal post.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
I can see Wilson as the RB. He gets the hand off, lowers his head, and just runs straight until someone tackles him, he runs into his own players, or he hits the goal post.

How is that any less effective than getting tackled in the backfield? seriously?

Mr. Plow
11-21-2007, 06:47 PM
How is that any less effective than getting tackled in the backfield? seriously?

It's not. I say screw RB. Put 5 or 6 WR on the field and then do a bunch of QB keepers.

KCJohnny
11-21-2007, 06:52 PM
It's not. I say screw RB. Put 5 or 6 WR on the field and then do a bunch of QB keepers.

As stupid as it sounds, KW plowing his 250 lbs into the hole and falling forward for 3 yards is about as good a rushing attack as we can hope for. Smith was smothered last week in relief of Priest.

Which shows just how good PH really is.

L.A. Chieffan
11-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Does it really matter at this point?

CHIEF4EVER
11-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Wow. Just goes to show ya....if you live long enough, you get to see just about everything once. Including this ridiculous thread header.

WIE (Worst Idea Ever)

Mr. Plow
11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Bump for relevance?

KCJohnny
11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh, I am happy to be wrong about this!
:)

Ebolapox
11-26-2007, 04:55 PM
ROFL

jesus tapdancing christ, muhammed jumped on a wagon and smoked a doobie with buddah, whilst gandhi and confucious played nintendo wii.

what will he come up with next? get that soulja boy his own sitcom!

Ebolapox
11-26-2007, 05:10 PM
heh, soulja boy negged me for baiting him. YOOOOOOOO.....

soulja boy, told ya. hey, he got a new dance called the soulja boy! just punch that crank that thing three times to the right!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UN-PsIrOQZc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UN-PsIrOQZc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

KCJohnny
11-26-2007, 05:31 PM
heh, soulja boy negged me for baiting him. YOOOOOOOO.....

soulja boy, told ya. hey, he got a new dance called the soulja boy! just punch that crank that thing three times to the right!

It wasn't for baiting me. It was for soiling the public discourse. You can attack me all day. I don't think its respectful to coarsen public discourse with hateful aspersions against religion.

Good day.

Pablo
12-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Bump.

For the Charles to WR thread.

You're welcome for the laughs in advance.

Reaper16
12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Hahaha, KC Johnny.

I sure as Hell do not miss that guy.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
If you were compiling a CP All-Dumb team, KCJ would be captain.

Reaper16
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
If you were compiling a CP All-Dumb team, KCJ would be captain.
Chaplain, rather.

morphius
12-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Somehow this is sort of a wash, 'cause they both suck. Only one seems to get injured enough to stay in the league.

OnTheWarpath15
12-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Bump.

For the Charles to WR thread.

You're welcome for the laughs in advance.

Rep for bumping this laugh riot.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Hahaha, KC Johnny.

I sure as Hell do not miss that guy.

What happened to him??

Titty Meat
12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
What happened to him??

Wasn't he the sex offender?

Pablo
12-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Wasn't he the sex offender?No, that was shyguyms.