PDA

View Full Version : #1 LSU Falls to Arkansas - KU can take #1

KCJohnny
11-23-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm not even a college football fan, but doesn't this add even more drama to the border showdown?

kstater
11-23-2007, 11:44 PM
paging Mr. Dole

SPchief
11-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Here's something I've never heard of.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-23-2007, 11:46 PM
It's going to create more hatred for this rivalry when the loser is cost it's first #1 national ranking and shot at a national title. That's about it.

L.A. Chieffan
11-23-2007, 11:47 PM
What happened?

chiefbowe82
11-23-2007, 11:50 PM
If Boise St would have won, it would have even been bigger

KCJohnny
11-23-2007, 11:51 PM
What happened?

Triple overtime 50-48. http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/recap/NCAAF_20071123_AR@LSU

Hammock Parties
11-24-2007, 12:02 AM
whoever wins this game tomorrow will get th enumbe 1 spot. If KU wins, of course, we move up. if MU wins, they just beat the number 2 team, so they have to be number 1.

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:04 AM
If you are either one of those teams, staring WV in the face isn't something I'd be to excited about...that's a bit scary.

blueballs
11-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Fred Phelps will use this as his pulpet
not sure the angle
maybe the flyover

Eleazar
11-24-2007, 12:21 AM
I think this means both teams control their destiny, probably.

SPchief
11-24-2007, 12:24 AM
I think this means both teams control their destiny, probably.

No shit?

KC Jones
11-24-2007, 12:29 AM
If you are either one of those teams, staring WV in the face isn't something I'd be to excited about...that's a bit scary.

Stanford scary?

KC_Connection
11-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Haha. WV can't touch either of these teams. Is there any particular reason why you think the Big East is good?

Mecca
11-24-2007, 01:00 AM
The Big East is getting shit on when it probably shouldn't be.....it's a perception. The Big East is perfectly fine this year--really, none of the conferences stand out this year--but they'll continue to get dogged publicly and by poll voters who don't actually pay much attention to college football for reasons like the relative disappointments of last year's rising stars (Louisville and Rutgers).

Unless your defense is ungodly fast WV will **** you over....They are spread offense just like Missouri other than that Pat White guy is basically an extra RB, and and those teams haven't seen anything that resembles Steve Slaton and Noel Devine.

pr_capone
11-24-2007, 01:16 AM
God Damn..... all these Jayhawk fans are going to be insufferable if they beat Mizzou tonight.

/me pukes

KC_Connection
11-24-2007, 02:10 AM
The Big East is getting shit on when it probably shouldn't be.....it's a perception. The Big East is perfectly fine this year--really, none of the conferences stand out this year--but they'll continue to get dogged publicly and by poll voters who don't actually pay much attention to college football for reasons like the relative disappointments of last year's rising stars (Louisville and Rutgers).

Unless your defense is ungodly fast WV will **** you over....They are spread offense just like Missouri other than that Pat White guy is basically an extra RB, and and those teams haven't seen anything that resembles Steve Slaton and Noel Devine.
It's not a perception. The conference ****ing sucks, and the winner of KU/MU will be the team that rolls over WV, if WV even happens to win both of their last 2 games, which I doubt they will even do.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2007, 04:10 AM

Unless your defense is ungodly fast WV will **** you over....They are spread offense just like Missouri other than that Pat White guy is basically an extra RB, and and those teams haven't seen anything that resembles Steve Slaton and Noel Devine.Opponent Result
Sep. 1 Western Michigan W 62-24
Sep. 8 at Marshall W 48-23
Sep. 13 at Maryland W 31-14
Sep. 22 East Carolina W 48-7
Sep. 28 at South Florida L 13-21
Oct. 6 at Syracuse W 55-14
Oct. 20 Miss. State W 38-13
Oct. 27 at Rutgers W 31-3
Nov. 8 Louisville W 38-31
Nov. 17 at Cincinnati W 28-23
Nov. 24 Connecticut 3:30pm
Dec. 1 Pittsburgh 7:45pm

Wow, they played some real juggernauts. I just don't think WVU is much better than KU, MU, or Ohio St. They better not take UConn lighty. The Huskies beat S. Florida.

greg63
11-24-2007, 04:33 AM
God Damn..... all these Jayhawk fans are going to be insufferable if they beat Mizzou tonight.

/me pukes

Why yes; yes we are!

...But, no more so then you MU fans! :D

Mecca
11-24-2007, 04:33 AM
That's better than KU's.......their schedule is horrid.

KC_Connection
11-24-2007, 04:46 AM
That's better than KU's.......their schedule is horrid.
Bottomline, nothing they've done suggests they will "**** over" anybody in the NC game if they even happen to get there.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2007, 06:10 AM
That's better than KU's.......their schedule is horrid.I agree, KUs schedule was pretty weak.

1ChiefsDan
11-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Haha. WV can't touch either of these teams. Is there any particular reason why you think the Big East is good?Because mecca has to back peddle - LSU was the best team on the planet. LSU should be most NFL teams and they lost to Arkansas. Obviously the Big East must now be better than the Big 12 - it is the only thing mecca has to going for him now.ROFL

Stewie
11-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Last night's LSU loss was the fourth time I've watched them play. I've been totally underwhelmed. I can't figure out why the national media slobbers all over that mediocrity. The Hester touchdown run that was called back because of a penalty is case and point. They replayed that over and over again as if to say, "This is how good LSU is if they weren't so bad." It's like the broadcasters were trying to justify LSU's greatness by showing a play that DIDN'T COUNT! Sheesh!

And who would want to hire Houston Nutt for a head coach? The offense they run is high school. Oh wait, that would be offensive to high school coaches.

kstater
11-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Houston Nutt said his team is the best team in the country.

11-24-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm not even a college football fan, but doesn't this add even more drama to the border showdown?
Did you even read the front page before posting this?

Lzen
11-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Because mecca has to back peddle - LSU was the best team on the planet. LSU should be most NFL teams and they lost to Arkansas. Obviously the Big East must now be better than the Big 12 - it is the only thing mecca has to going for him now.ROFL

Yep.

KCFalcon59
11-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Last night's LSU loss was the fourth time I've watched them play. I've been totally underwhelmed. I can't figure out why the national media slobbers all over that mediocrity.

Because every team is better than the big XII. /Mecca

Lzen
11-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Because every team is better than the big XII. /Mecca

Yup

CupidStunt
11-24-2007, 08:24 AM
It's all about the QB play. EVERY year.

Look at KU and MU. WVU. Ohio State have exceeded expectations only because their QB has.

LSU would be the #1 team in the nation (by far) with Perrilloux. But Miles is a f**king moron and plays Flynn, and with Flynn in the lineup they can be the No. 1 team on their best days but are generally not that strong.

pr_capone
11-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Why yes; yes we are!

...But, no more so then you MU fans! :D

Actually.... I'm a wildcat fan but in the end I guess I will be a Mizzou fan for a day. :D

Mr. Laz
11-24-2007, 11:31 AM
hey ...... can we get a mod to combine this with the nearest game thread.

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Because mecca has to back peddle - LSU was the best team on the planet. LSU should be most NFL teams and they lost to Arkansas. Obviously the Big East must now be better than the Big 12 - it is the only thing mecca has to going for him now.ROFL

LSU had this issue of being the best team left remaining in the top 5 but they played Arkansas who frankly had the best player on the field of both teams...

I don't care what team you throw out there, USC, MU, KU, LSU.....Darren McFadden shows you he's a 1 man team and if you aren't at your best he'll beat you.

Stewie
11-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Darren McFadden shows you he's a 1 man team and if you aren't at your best he'll beat you.

A one trick pony is the easiest kind of team to beat.

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:35 PM
A one trick pony is the easiest kind of team to beat.

You seen him? Felix Jones is a good player too but honestly they are nothing but a running game based on McFadden..

He is head and shoulders the best player in the college game, you know he's coming and you still can't stop him.

He should win the Heisman that's all I can say.

Stewie
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
You seen him? Felix Jones is a good player too but honestly they are nothing but a running game based on McFadden..

He is head and shoulders the best player in the college game, you know he's coming and you still can't stop him.

I saw him last year and this year. He is a stud, but I was talking about Arkansas as a team. Yes, he should definitely be high in the Heisman balloting. With three losses he's obviously defensible in that Chinese fire drill they call an offense. Arkansas should be happy if Houston Nutt gets another job.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2007, 06:30 PM

Well I'll be goddamned.

Skip Towne
11-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Well I'll be goddamned.
Instigator.

Mr. Laz
11-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Instigator.
:Poke:

Lzen
11-24-2007, 06:44 PM

He's a great player, no doubt. But didn't he have like 3 games in which he didn't even get 100 yards rushing? Hardly a Heisman performer in those games.

penguinz
11-24-2007, 06:56 PM
If you are either one of those teams, staring WV in the face isn't something I'd be to excited about...that's a bit scary.Do you kick your dog every time you walk by it? WV would lose by multiple TD's to either KU or MU.