RickObie
11-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Bam Morris

blueballs
11-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Bonecrusher is a two way player

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:27 AM
I'd like to know how the Chiefs are going to score this week....we basically have a crappy line..no RB's and a QB that Herm feels he has to coddle and baby.

luv
11-24-2007, 12:29 AM
I'd like to know how the Chiefs are going to score this week....we basically have a crappy line..no RB's and a QB that Herm feels he has to coddle and baby.
Safeties and interceptions?

Deberg_1990
11-24-2007, 12:30 AM

Whos needs the offense to score when you have Colquitt, and you expect your Defense to make game changing plays every week.

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Whos needs the offense to score when you have Colquitt, and you expect your Defense to make game changing plays every week.

You just made me crack up, good job..Herm really does coach this team like he has the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens defense back then when in reality it isn't even top 10 in the current league.

SPchief
11-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Croyle for 300+ and 3 td's

chiefbowe82
11-24-2007, 12:33 AM
guys our offense is fine, i'm a patient man /herm

blueballs
11-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Greg Brady

Mecca
Croyle for 300+ and 3 td's

That would require letting the QB throw downfield......have you been drinking?

Hammock Parties
TO ANSWER THE ****ING QUESTION:

Gilbert Harris

blueballs
11-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Nap's uncle

luv
11-24-2007, 12:38 AM

Gilbert Harris
Thanks. Time to do a little research.

bdeg
11-24-2007, 12:44 AM
You just made me crack up, good job..Herm really does coach this team like he has the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens defense back then when in reality it isn't even top 10 in the current league.
BS

I don't know if you're speaking statistically, but if you are the only reason for them not to be top 10 is because our offense blows.

Personally, I love our defense. The turnaround from a few years ago has been amazing (At the expense of our offense? That's not the point).

MadMax
11-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Who is our backup RB for Sunday?

I hear " Juice " is looking for a new gig..

SPchief
11-24-2007, 12:47 AM
That would require letting the QB throw downfield......have you been drinking?

Without a legit RB, I think Herm reluctentley opens up the offense.

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:51 AM
BS

I don't know if you're speaking statistically, but if you are the only reason for them not to be top 10 is because our offense blows.

Personally, I love our defense. The turnaround from a few years ago has been amazing (At the expense of our offense? That's not the point).

Statistically they aren't anywhere close to the top 10, that is the point. The 2000 Ravens had a god awful offense and they still had a great defense that was 1. If the defense was as good as some people act like it is, it would be top 10 bad offense or not.....

It also wouldn't give up 30 to GB and nearly 30 to Denver in back to back weeks at home.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Statistically they aren't anywhere close to the top 10, that is the point. The 2000 Ravens had a god awful offense and they still had a great defense that was 1. If the defense was as good as some people act like it is, it would be top 10 bad offense or not.....

It also wouldn't give up 30 to GB and nearly 30 to Denver in back to back weeks at home.

Word.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Statistically they aren't anywhere close to the top 10

Mecca, the Chiefs rank 9th in points allowed, and 10th in yards.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY AGAIN?

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Mecca, the Chiefs rank 9th in points allowed, and 10th in yards.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY AGAIN?

The league must be shittier than I thought......

Still, top notch defenses don't get smoked at home back to back weeks or fold at the end of games.....they have a long way to go.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2007, 12:58 AM

Still, top notch defenses don't get smoked at home back to back weeks or fold at the end of games.....they have a long way to go.

Keep moving those goal posts.

Our defense is going to dominate tomorrow.

luv
11-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Without a legit RB, I think Herm reluctentley opens up the offense.
Everything happens for a reason. I hope this is one of the results.

Mecca
11-24-2007, 01:03 AM
I'd hope so it's Oakland.....

The only team they've played at full strength that has a good offense is GB, since Indy was missing half it's unit and they got wrecked by GB.

Just simply saying this defense needs work and isn't going to win games by itself, let's not act like it is THAT good.

Frankie
11-24-2007, 01:26 AM
How about Jared Allen? ;)

luv
11-24-2007, 01:31 AM
How about Jared Allen? ;)
That would make him a god. More than he already is.

|Zach|
11-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Mecca, the only user that is wrong more than GoChiefs.

That is truly saying something.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2007, 03:37 AM
It also wouldn't give up 30 to GB and nearly 30 to Denver in back to back weeks at home.Turnovers allowed thoes points.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2007, 03:41 AM

Still, top notch defenses don't get smoked at home back to back weeks or fold at the end of games.....they have a long way to go.While they didn't play exceptional against GB, they played well against Denver. Its tough to over come 3 offensive turnovers, one of which was a defensive score. No, this D isn't great, but its eons from where it was 4 years ago. Keep on hatin', dude...

Rasputin
11-24-2007, 08:05 AM

Forrest Gump.

penguinz
11-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Mecca, the only user that is wrong more than GoChiefs.

That is truly saying something.
Do not dis on mecca. He has girly hair and makes up his own draft boards.

StcChief
11-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Gilbert Harris.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2007, 10:14 AM

and how many of those points against greenbay and denver were scored because of the offense??? how the heck can you hold defensive returns for touchdowns off of offensive turnovers against the D.

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:33 PM
While they didn't play exceptional against GB, they played well against Denver. Its tough to over come 3 offensive turnovers, one of which was a defensive score. No, this D isn't great, but its eons from where it was 4 years ago. Keep on hatin', dude...

You do understand that we both basically think the same thing right? It's odd how that somehow leads to a perception that I said it's as bad as it ever was which isn't even remotely the case.

NUMBER7
11-24-2007, 12:34 PM

Gilbert Harris

Thank you GC.

luv
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
You do understand that we both basically think the same thing right? It's odd how that somehow leads to a perception that I said it's as bad as it ever was which isn't even remotely the case.
People might percive you a little differently if you didn't take the pessimistic view on things. The glass can be more than half full, but ou still focus on how much is empty. Instead of saying that you think the D has improved, you say you don't think it's a top 10 D.

NUMBER7
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
The draft stats of Harris.

Gilbert Harris Grade: 3.3 Position: FB (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_position/fb.html)
Class: Sr
School: Arizona (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_school/arizon.html)
Conference: Pacific-10 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_conference/pac10.html)
Ht., Wt.: 6-1.5, 235
40 Time: 4.74
Grading System (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/grading_system/)
BIO: Second on the team in rushing as a senior posting 79/284/5 and 22/107/2 as a receiver. Junior totals included 67/285/2 on the ground when he was a back-up running back.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized lead blocker with abilities handling the ball. Tough on the inside, lays his shoulders into defenders and drives up the field on initial contact. Plays to his 40 time and has a burst of speed. Creates space for ball carriers around tackle and is strong at the point. Shuffles his feet in pass protection.

NEGATIVES: Lacks soft hands as a receiver. Must work harder to finish blocks. Does not always play with a sense of urgency.

ANALYSIS: Flashing skill as both a lead blocker and ball carrier, Harris has the ability to play in the NFL yet must consistently play to a high level.

PROJECTION: Early Seventh Round (2006 Draft)

Nice another back with stone hands...and can't finish a block. Lets hope after he has improved.

Also from Rotoworld
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4581

Mecca
11-24-2007, 12:45 PM
People might percive you a little differently if you didn't take the pessimistic view on things. The glass can be more than half full, but ou still focus on how much is empty. Instead of saying that you think the D has improved, you say you don't think it's a top 10 D.

Yea people do that with me, but some people are also ridiculous overly optimistic about things.

They get a dominant DT and some young corners then they are a legitimate top of the league defense.

Ugly Duck
11-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Useless speculation from RaiderLand:

Because the deadline for activating Bush was this week, there was speculation that either Jordan or Rhodes would be released to make room for him. Instead, Bush was put on the reserve/non-football list because the Raiders knew that whichever back was released would be picked up by either Kansas City or Denver, their next two opponents.

This was pure Al Davis, who is always looking for a way to screw someone, even if it hurts his own team.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1064170~Dickey__A_season_full_of_lost_causes_for_Raiders.html?cid=rss-San_Francisco

Mecca
11-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Eh, I don't think Bush is really ready to play this year.

luv
11-24-2007, 01:34 PM
The draft stats of Harris.

Gilbert Harris Grade: 3.3 Position: FB (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_position/fb.html)
Class: Sr
School: Arizona (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_school/arizon.html)
Conference: Pacific-10 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_conference/pac10.html)
Ht., Wt.: 6-1.5, 235
40 Time: 4.74
Grading System (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/grading_system/)
BIO: Second on the team in rushing as a senior posting 79/284/5 and 22/107/2 as a receiver. Junior totals included 67/285/2 on the ground when he was a back-up running back.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized lead blocker with abilities handling the ball. Tough on the inside, lays his shoulders into defenders and drives up the field on initial contact. Plays to his 40 time and has a burst of speed. Creates space for ball carriers around tackle and is strong at the point. Shuffles his feet in pass protection.

NEGATIVES: Lacks soft hands as a receiver. Must work harder to finish blocks. Does not always play with a sense of urgency.

ANALYSIS: Flashing skill as both a lead blocker and ball carrier, Harris has the ability to play in the NFL yet must consistently play to a high level.

PROJECTION: Early Seventh Round (2006 Draft)

Nice another back with stone hands...and can't finish a block. Lets hope after he has improved.

Also from Rotoworld
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4581
So, we got a FB to back us up at HB?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-24-2007, 01:53 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/NFL/157473_cloudvchiefs.JPG

Direckshun
11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
We are so screwed.

Priest4Prez
11-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Keep moving those goal posts.

Our defense is going to dominate tomorrow.
I think a high school 3a offense would give the chiefs more trouble than the raiders offense.

Dylan
11-24-2007, 11:23 PM
A very interesting article that questions whether running backs are overvalued as little known or undrafted backups have taken the lead filling in for the team's injured running backs.

A few excerpts:

"And despite the run of successful backup backs this year, 7 of the season’s top 10 rushers are former first-round choices. It should lead to more discussion over how to gauge highly acclaimed running backs."
But Peterson injured his knee Nov. 11. Chester Taylor played last week against the Raiders and gained 164 yards. It was the eighth-highest total for a running back this season; Peterson had two bigger games.
But running backs, generally, have been losing cachet for years. Twelve times from 1970 to 1990, at least six running backs were chosen in the first 32 picks of the draft. Since 1991, no more than five running backs were chosen among the top 32.
Even the men who chase the backs do not see a wide disparity in talent.

“If you don’t look at the number on the jersey, you usually can’t tell who’s in there,”

The article: NYT, Running the Ball: Can Anybody Do It? (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/25/sports/football/25giants.html?ref=sports)