PDA

View Full Version : sunday ticket question

Mass-Chief-Fan
11-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Most channels work fine while others seem to pause like the signal is messed up.

kcpasco
11-25-2007, 09:45 AM
they work fine for me

but i'm getting really pissed at direct tv lately

Bwana
11-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Skip is messing with you. You will get an email soon asking for $100 to stop messing with it. If you ignor his request, your dish will melt into the side your your home. It is wise to just send him his money! Skip has powers not even Chuck Norris understands when it comes to this kind of thing. :eek:

chief52
11-25-2007, 09:52 AM
What is your signal strength? Is it "on the edge"?

Mass-Chief-Fan
11-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Signal strength is 90.

The chiefs game is on the channel that is the worst.

chief52
11-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Not sure what your deal is. Ticket is clear here...

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Signal strength is 90.

The chiefs game is on the channel that is the worst.How is your weather?

Skip Towne
11-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Skip is messing with you. You will get an email soon asking for $100 to stop messing with it. If you ignor his request, your dish will melt into the side your your home. It is wise to just send him his money! Skip has powers not even Chuck Norris understands when it comes to this kind of thing. :eek:
I just took a trip to the Virgin Islands. Now it is just the Islands. It sounds like some of your transponders are weak. The system operates with alternating 18v for odd transponders and 13v for even transponders. It could be your dish is slightly out of alignment and the odds are barely within tolerance but the even ones are out. Or it could be a loose or corroded fitting somewhere in the coax. First I would check the signal strength. (menu,settings, setup, satellite.) The strongest ones should be in the 90's. If that's not the problem, I run a temporary coax in through a door or window. If this solves it, you have a problem with your coax line. It can also be a faulty LNB or receiver. I check those by swapping with known good components.

redsurfer11
11-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Most channels work fine while others seem to pause like the signal is messed up.

Does it only happen on CBS channels?

Skip Towne
11-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Does it only happen on CBS channels?
Good point. Directv is only relaying to you what they have been fed from the network. It may not be a problem with your system.

UteChief
11-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Well all my HD channels are coming through pretty well but the audio is out of sync. Anyone have that problem.