PDA

View Full Version : I just talked to Bob Dole at Arrowhead

Nzoner
11-25-2007, 10:38 AM
he's with Stevie and in his words,"the crowd is extremely light"

Who would've ever thought it for a Raider/Chiefs game...the times they are a changin'

Hammock Parties
11-25-2007, 10:40 AM
****. Bunch of ****ing fairweather fans.

Bowser
11-25-2007, 10:41 AM

Who would've ever thought it for a Raider/Chiefs game...the times they are a changin'

It's just not a rivalry anymore. When you dominate a team in an era of parody, it just doesn't bring out the passion like it once did. The Broncos are much more of a rival to the Chiefs than the Raiders are this year.

dirk digler
11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Everybody is sleeping in because of the game last night.

Bwana
11-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks Carl!

Nzoner
11-25-2007, 10:44 AM

As a previous season ticket holder of 13 years let me just say STFU it's the only true voice we have to show our displeasure and I for one hope it gets even worse so that Clark can't help but LISTEN!

siberian khatru
11-25-2007, 10:44 AM
I'll watch the game, but honestly, after last night, I couldn't really give a shit about the Chiefs.

dirk digler
11-25-2007, 10:45 AM
As a previous season ticket holder of 13 years let me just say STFU it's the only true voice we have to show our displeasure and I for one hope it gets even worse so that Clark can't help but LISTEN!

I agree and I am not hoping for loss today but..

Bowser
11-25-2007, 10:46 AM
I'll watch the game, but honestly, after last night, I couldn't really give a shit about the Chiefs.

To watch both teams put forth the offensive show that they did last night, and then to turn around and watch what I fear is going to be a turd of a game today will be painful.

Nzoner
11-25-2007, 10:48 AM
I agree and I am not hoping for loss today but..

sorry didn't mean I was hoping for a loss but in no way does it upset me that other fans are finally getting their fill as well and are ready to see change

Buck
It's just not a rivalry anymore. When you dominate a team in an era of parody, it just doesn't bring out the passion like it once did. The Broncos are much more of a rival to the Chiefs than the Raiders are this year.

You guys are lucky that your not 100 miles away from LA.

'Hamas' Jenkins

With the exception of watching Croyle, I completely agree.

I'm tired of dropping 2K a year to watch this asshat-led franchise.

Nzoner
11-25-2007, 10:49 AM
To watch both teams put forth the offensive show that they did last night, and then to turn around and watch what I fear is going to be a turd of a game today will be painful.

you still have time to drive up here and see 6 other games as well.

oh and my mrs made chocolate chip cookies :D

dirk digler
11-25-2007, 10:50 AM
sorry didn't mean I was hoping for a loss but in no way does it upset me that other fans are finally getting their fill as well and are ready to see change

I know you weren't hoping for a loss that is my subconscious talking.

Simply Red
11-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Draft pick at this point.

Bowser
11-25-2007, 10:52 AM

Heh. More converts.

We saw Steve at the last game, and he made a point of telling Jody how good those cookies are. More addictive than crack, I tell ya....

ANd thanks for the invite, but trust me when I say the rest of the world doesn't want me leaving the house today. Ugh.

Nzoner
11-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Heh. More converts.

We saw Steve at the last game, and he made a point of telling Jody how good those cookies are. More addictive than crack, I tell ya....

ANd thanks for the invite, but trust me when I say the rest of the world doesn't want me leaving the house today. Ugh.

Hope you get to feelin' better and it hit me too late that Dole had driven up with a friend for the game and was looking for 2 tickets
:banghead:

siberian khatru
11-25-2007, 10:54 AM

I'm 41 going on 61 this morning.

I pulled a calf muscle running around the living room after MU big plays last night. After the safety, I ran into the back yard yelling and rolling around the grass celebrating the W. That left my whole body sore.

I was so keyed up after the game, I stayed up to almost 2 a.m. Then when I went to bed, it took me almost an hour to get to sleep.

To say I'm dragging is an understatement.

chief52
11-25-2007, 10:55 AM

A cookie before today's game may be just what the doctor ordered
:)

Bowser
11-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Hope you get to feelin' better and it hit me too late that Dole had driven up with a friend for the game and was looking for 2 tickets
:banghead:

Damn, that sucks. I would have hooked him up.

Bowser
11-25-2007, 10:57 AM

I pulled a calf muscle running around the living room after MU big plays last night. After the safety, I ran into the back yard yelling and rolling around the grass celebrating the W. That left my whole body sore.

I was so keyed up after the game, I stayed up to almost 2 a.m. Then when I went to bed, it took me almost an hour to get to sleep.

Nice! You said you're an MU grad, right? I partied there a few times, had some good times there, so therefore I'm a Tiger fan by proxy. Or is it default? Eh, whatever....

So did the wife hit you with the "You're an idiot/you'll be hurting tomorrow" line, as mine does?

Nzoner
11-25-2007, 10:57 AM
A cookie before today's game may be just what the doctor ordered
:)

:evil:

Adept Havelock
11-25-2007, 10:58 AM

GFY. I've been a fan longer than you've been suckling at your Mom and Dad's financial teat.

I refuse to give another penny to this franchise until Queen Carl is dethroned.

Exactly. :clap:

Hammock Parties
11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Let me explain myself. Most of the no-shows are probably bought and paid for.

If you pay for a ticket, SHOW UP.

siberian khatru
11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Nice! You said you're an MU grad, right? I partied there a few times, had some good times there, so therefore I'm a Tiger fan by proxy. Or is it default? Eh, whatever....

So did the wife hit you with the "You're an idiot/you'll be hurting tomorrow" line, as mine does?

Yeah, MU '88.

Yes, my wife was rolling her eyes all night long. The kids thought it was funny to see Dad act like such an immature jackass. This morning, she has given me no sympathy for my complaints.

Adept Havelock
11-25-2007, 11:00 AM

Why? Empty seats also send a message to Mr. Clark Hunt. "We decided your product isn't worth watching, even if we did spend money on it while we were drunk and surfing ebay".

Hammock Parties
11-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Why? Empty seats also send a message to Mr. Clark Hunt.

As long as the money rolls in, I think not.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-25-2007, 11:01 AM

If you charge 85 dollars for a ticket and 27.50 for parking, provide a worthwhile product.

dirk digler
11-25-2007, 11:02 AM
If you charge 85 dollars for a ticket and 27.50 for parking, provide a worthwhile product.

Exactly

Bowser
11-25-2007, 11:03 AM

Eh, it might send a message for next year, not to mention the parking and concession money they will lose out on. It may be a bit louder message against the Raiders, than say the Titans.

Adept Havelock

He's not getting any cash from me. That's all I give a flying fig about.

As for others, I'm not arrogant enough to presume to tell others what the should or shouldn't do with tickets they purchased. I'm sure not ignorant and arrogant enough to accuse them of being "fair-weather" fans and berating them for it.

I'll leave that to sportswriters who are still living in a spider hole in their parents basement.

It may be a bit louder message against the Raiders, than say the Titans.

Exactly. If the price I pay to send that message is a few blackouts, so be it.

siberian khatru

No-shows mean less parking $ and concession $.

As people notice empty seats, they start getting the message. Fewer tickets sold, even less ancillary $.

It has to start somewhere. It starts with no-shows from ticket holders.

Bowser

That's the bottom line.

Skip Towne
11-25-2007, 11:05 AM
After watching those two high powered offenses it is hard to gear down to Herm's level.

siberian khatru
11-25-2007, 11:06 AM
After watching those two high powered offenses it is hard to gear down to Herm's level.

Herm plays real football. He's petitioned the league to bring back leather helmets.

Nzoner
11-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Herm plays real football. He's petitioned the league to bring back leather helmets.

okay I lol'ed on that one
ROFL

StcChief
11-25-2007, 11:09 AM
You guys are lucky that your not 100 miles away from LA.
no I'm glad to be no where near Cali. :)

chief52
11-25-2007, 11:12 AM
no I'm glad to be no where near Cali. :)

Hey easy...:) Actually, Northern California is pretty beautiful. I think you would be impressed.

Bowser
11-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Hey easy...:) Actually, Northern California is pretty beautiful. I think you would be impressed.

Not to mention having AH-NALD as your guv. That's worth the price of admission right there!!!eleven1

Mosbonian
11-25-2007, 11:18 AM

I drove my sorry butt 9 1/2 hours back from KC to Kentucky just so I could watch the game on TV. I am sure my blood pressure hit heights that normally would have an average guy to the hospital. I was so pumped that it was 5 AM before I got to sleep.....

If you want dragging......see the picture of me today.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
11-25-2007, 11:23 AM

Mine knows better.....at this point all she does is add to the insurance so life after me is more luxurious.

once in a while she even reminds me that when I am not around she will use some of the $$ to buy Chief's season tickets and take her newer/younger husband/boyfriend to the games in my memory.

I have her fooled...I work out to stay in shape to foil her plans.

mmaddog

11-25-2007, 11:23 AM

The sooner we start seeing blackouts, the sooner Clark will "get it".

FAX
11-25-2007, 11:24 AM
... oh and my mrs made chocolate chip cookies :D

Congratulations, Mr. Nzoner. The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX made oatmeal cookies with walnuts and craisens (cranberries dried like raisins). They are pretty good.

As for interest in the game, I am extremely interested in watching Croyle's performance. I remain hopeful that Hermoine will take the leash off during the game and, win or lose, find out if we can complete some deep passes.

FAX

StcChief
11-25-2007, 11:26 AM
I've been to Cali.. north of SF is nice.

to many times it was LA area... NO thanks

chief52
11-25-2007, 11:44 AM
I've been to Cali.. north of SF is nice.

to many times it was LA area... NO thanks

Yes, it is much different "up here". I live about 5 hours north of SF and about 2 hours south of the Oregon border. Right on the coast in the heart of the redwoods. It is much different than most people think of "California" as you probably know.

FAX
11-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes, it is much different "up here". I live about 5 hours north of SF and about 2 hours south of the Oregon border. Right on the coast in the heart of the redwoods. It is much different than most people think of "California" as you probably know.

That is one of my favorite spots on Earth, Mr. chief52. It's too bad the white man stole it from the indians.

FAX

chief52
11-25-2007, 11:48 AM
That is one of my favorite spots on Earth, Mr. chief52. It's too bad the white man stole it from the indians.

FAX

Glad you like it Mr. Fax. Been up here lately?

Skip Towne
11-25-2007, 12:00 PM

FAX
Easy come easy go. The Indians "found" it. It's not like they had anthing invested in it.

FAX
11-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Glad you like it Mr. Fax. Been up here lately?

About two years, I guess. We took a van trip up PCH1 all the way from LA to Seattle then rode the train to Vancouver. I had never gone that far, before. We had to detour through the wine country, but pretty much stayed on the coastal highway for the entire trip. Had a blast.

I used to live in LA and the "escape" was either the desert or your neck of the big woods. You are truly blessed to reside in such environs, Mr. chief52.

FAX

FAX
11-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Easy come easy go. The Indians "found" it. It's not like they had anthing invested in it.

I suppose. They probably like it better living in mobile homes outside of Tuscon, anyhow.

FAX

dirk digler
11-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Seems like the stadium is full today though it does seem awfully quiet

Bwana
11-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Heh, after todays loss, wait until next week.

Chief Henry
11-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Watching this game on TV I noticed alot of empty seats. You had to look close but the middle section had alot of yellow showing. The upper deck had many empty seats too.

I feel sorry for all season ticket holders. They've
got to be torn between going to the game because they spent money -but on the other hand season ticket holders can send a very loud message to Carl and Clark.

The message to Carl is F*ck You
and the message to Clark is wake the F*ck up.
I hope like hell that the remaining games have
20,000 - 30,000 no shows or more.

Send the MESSAGE.

And to you Goatsbreath, kiss my azz.

Bob Dole
11-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Seems like the stadium is full today though it does seem awfully quiet

This is the first Monday after a day at Arrowhead that Bob Dole has been able to speak.

Carl, Herm and their cronies have sucked all the passion out of the fans.

Iowanian
11-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Food Stamps make catching meat in the winter much, much easier than wooden arrows.

I suppose. They probably like it better living in mobile homes outside of Tuscon, anyhow.

FAX

Reerun_KC
11-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Carl, Herm and their cronies have sucked all the passion out of the fans.

Even yesterday at the family diner, all of us were watching the game and one of my uncles stated... How far have the Chiefs falling with Herm Edwards? He has sucked the life out of this family for Chiefs football...

No truer words have been spoken...

Dartgod
11-26-2007, 09:16 AM

Stevie and Dole both were noticeably upset about this even after the game.

Warrior5
11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Yesterday did indeed suck in more ways than one.

I sat in 334, and was literally surrounded by Rayturd fans. And yes, many seats throughout the stadium were empty.

Even though I knew this would be a tough season, I never thought morale would get this low, at Arrowhead against Oakland.

In January, I predicted a 6-10 season. I'm thinking 5-11 at this point.

But if this is a catalyst for change, I'm for it...

Frazod
11-26-2007, 10:17 AM
When I woke up yesterday morning I was emotionally drained and my throat was on fire from all the screaming I'd done the night before. I started to get ready to go to the Chiefs game, but then I turned on the TV and saw an interview with Herm. The joy from Missouri's win instantly began to sour, and I just turned off the TV - I wasn't going to let that happen. So we packed up and left my uncle's house, and when I stopped to get gas at a QuickTrip in Lee's Summit, I just laid the tickets on the counter and told the guy to give them to anybody who wanted them.

It would have been nice to see the gang, but had I stayed, I would have just been furious when I left and it would have stained the entire weekend. Herm is a piece of shit - I hate him and what he and Carl have done to this team. Mainly I hate the fact that Herm almost seems proud that he's destroyed the offense - I swear I can see a twinkle in his eye when he says our old offense is gone forever. F#ck him. I won't watch another Chiefs game in person as long as he's here.

Thank God for the Tigers. And thank God I was smart enough to leave those tickets on the QT counter instead of using them.

siberian khatru
11-26-2007, 10:21 AM
when I stopped to get gas at a QuickTrip in Lee's Summit, I just laid the tickets on the counter and told the guy to give them to anybody who wanted them.

ROFL

That's awesome. You certainly have a flair for the dramatic.

I never got emotionally invested in the Chiefs Sunday. I was so drained from watching MU, and so basking in their glory, trying to milk this moment for all it is worth, that I wasn't going to let the Chiefs bring me down.

BigRedChief
11-26-2007, 10:21 AM
When I woke up yesterday morning I was emotionally drained and my throat was on fire from all the screaming I'd done the night before. I started to get ready to go to the Chiefs game, but then I turned on the TV and saw an interview with Herm. The joy from Missouri's win instantly began to sour, and I just turned off the TV - I wasn't going to let that happen. So we packed up and left my uncle's house, and when I stopped to get gas at a QuickTrip in Lee's Summit, I just laid the tickets on the counter and told the guy to give them to anybody who wanted them.

It would have been nice to see the gang, but had I stayed, I would have just been furious when I left and it would have stained the entire weekend. Herm is a piece of shit - I hate him and what he and Carl have done to this team. Mainly I hate the fact that Herm almost seems proud that he's destroyed the offense - I swear I can see a twinkle in his eye when he says our old offense is gone forever. F#ck him. I won't watch another Chiefs game in person as long as he's here.

Thank God for the Tigers. And thank God I was smart enough to leave those tickets on the QT counter instead of using them.
Jeezzz dude I live in Lee's Summit about 1 mile from the Quick Trip off 50 hwy.

I also stayed home yesterday. You could have come by and watched the game.

Sure-Oz
11-26-2007, 10:22 AM
After watching MU beat KU, i was bored watching the chiefs, honestly.

Frazod
11-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Jeezzz dude I live in Lee's Summit about 1 mile from the Quick Trip off 50 hwy.

I also stayed home yesterday. You could have come by and watched the game.

I had an eight hour drive back to Naperville ahead of me. And because I started it at 11:30 instead of 3:30 or 4:00, I didn't get home in the middle of the night.

siberian khatru
11-26-2007, 10:25 AM

MU gave me something the Chiefs haven't given me in 13 years.

BigRedChief
11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
I had an eight hour drive back to Naperville ahead of me. And because I started it at 11:30 instead of 3:30 or 4:00, I didn't get home in the middle of the night.
Wellll next time you are in town to visit the uncle holla. Phil's in the same area too.

Frazod
11-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Wellll next time you are in town to visit the uncle holla. Phil's in the same area too.

Because the Missouri game was at night, that really threw a wrench in my meeting-up-with-people plans. I couldn't go out with you guys on Friday, then show up at my uncle's house on Saturday, drop off my bags and head for Arrowhead, get home at midnight and leave the next morning - that would have been both ungrateful and rude as hell to my aunt and uncle.

Had the MU/KU game been played during the day, I would have set something Friday night. But it became very clear early on that that wasn't going to happen, and I knew I'd have to spend it with the family.

ChiefsCountry
11-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah my section was pretty empty. I think alot of people were drained from the MU/KU game. I know I was and I didnt even go to it. That and the Chiefs arent that good this year even though we have some young guys that look pretty good.

Eleazar
11-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Me too. I was sitting in front of the TV, but I was reading the paper and stuff the whole time. I wasn't watching all that closely until the end.

Bob Dole
11-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Bob Dole called in to Lenny Cool's show on 810 about 10:30am today while driving back, and after 10 minutes waiting, hit a dead spot in the Sprint service around Lamar and never could get back in.

Was going to rip on Carl and Herm for successfully sucking the joy out of Arrowhead and give props to ChiefsPlanet, but it was not meant to be...

mikey23545
11-26-2007, 07:20 PM

You're right. No NFL fan should attend a single game unless they are guaranteed their team will be in the Super Bowl this year.

FAX
11-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey, Mr. Bob Dole. Are you there?

If so, can you tell us what your impressions were of Croyle?

FAX

Bob Dole
11-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey, Mr. Bob Dole. Are you there?

If so, can you tell us what your impressions were of Croyle?

FAX

Obviously the early INT was a real "WTF?" moment. That pass came right at Bob Dole's seat and didn't appear to be anywhere close to a receiver.

He didn't look quite as relaxed as he did in the previous start, but he appears to have all the tools to be a good QB in the right system. Bob Dole can't figure out why we don't implement some bootlegs and let him get out of the pocket (and minimize the impact of our shitty line).

kstater
11-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Obviously the early INT was a real "WTF?" moment. That pass came right at Bob Dole's seat and didn't appear to be anywhere close to a receiver.

He didn't look quite as relaxed as he did in the previous start, but he appears to have all the tools to be a good QB in the right system. Bob Dole can't figure out why we don't implement some bootlegs and let him get out of the pocket (and minimize the impact of our shitty line).

I think the bootlegs will come with time. I can recall several(4-5?) bootlegs that they ran. A couple were successful, and a couple might have been improvised.

tk13
11-26-2007, 08:19 PM
I think people talk about rebuilding, but nobody wants to watch rebuilding. They just want to go hibernate and wake up when all the messy stuff is over. And that's what we're doing. If people wanted to pay to watch somebody "rebuild" and play young players, the Royals would've sold out every game for a decade. But that doesn't happen.

That doesn't make anybody a bad fan or anything like that... just at NFL ticket and parking prices, people obviously expect more, which is understandable. I really think even if we started Brodie, Kolby, Bowe, etc at week 1 and rode this thing even harder, we'd probably be about the same record, and the crowd enthusiasm would probably be about the same because we're playing for next year. I think Carl probably knows this too.

Bob Dole
11-26-2007, 08:27 PM
I think the bootlegs will come with time. I can recall several(4-5?) bootlegs that they ran. A couple were successful, and a couple might have been improvised.

They looked mostly improvised live. It's a lot tougher to tell than on TV, though.

FAX
11-26-2007, 08:29 PM

Thanks, Mr. Bob Dole. I wondered about the INT. Since I can only listen to the game through the miracle of radio, it's sometimes difficult to tell what's really going on because Mitch is a homer and Lenny seems pissed off all the time. I figure that there will be lots of timing/route issues over the course of the next bunch of games. Maybe the INT was one of those deals.

I heard somewhere today that a couple of the "rollouts" were improvised because protection was breaking down. I got the impression that Brodie was under pressure most of the day. I know that he got hit pretty hard a few times as well.

I'm with you, though. Herm needs to recognize that Brodie can move which can really help with pass protection. Unfortunately, you would probably prefer him to roll to the right which is the ugliest side of the line.

FAX

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
I think <b>I</b> would be less upset at the Chiefs if they <b>had</b> started the younger players right up front.

The problem is, as long as we have the current staff in place, things aren't going to get better. They're not playing to the potential strengths on the team. We're not a power running team, not with the current players on the roster. But Herm is insisting to try and make them one. It's like it's more important for him to put his "mark" on the team.

It also seems like Herm has multiple personalities - he's uber-cautious when he needs to take chances, yet the next time, he distains the obvious play to "take a chance" which backfires. I think he was stung by the criticism at Indy so he "went for it" against Oakland, which was exactly the opposite thing he needed to do. It was like he was saying "See, I can take chances, and this is what happens when you do. So, trust me, the conservative way is the safest way."

I don't know. If I thought these coaches had a real clue and we were seeing any kind of progress, this whole season would be a lot easier to swallow. But, we wasted the first half of the season on Hutard and pretending we were competitive and now, it's like "we'll play the young guys, but we won't do what it takes to win."

I love that we're playing the young guys. I just wish we had real coaches to help them mature.

Oh Snap
11-26-2007, 09:48 PM

The arrowhead experience is a luxury for a winning team. the chiefs are not a winning team. there fore, they do not deserve such a home field advantage until proven other wise.