Never thought I'd see the day.

:mizzou:PBJ:mizzou:

StcChief
11-25-2007, 01:09 PM
gotta like it. PBJ PBJ

and :KU: at #7

58-4ever
11-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I wonder how far OU will move up when they beat them in the Big 12 Championship game. Beating number one should brings some props our way.

Jenson71
11-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Troy got 3 votes!

Phobia
11-25-2007, 01:19 PM
gotta like it. PBJ PBJ

and :KU: at #7
I really don't understand that at all. They fall more spots than LSU (whom lost to unranked Arkansas) when they lose to the new #1 team in the nation. The system really makes very little sense.

Sure-Oz
11-25-2007, 01:19 PM

My thoughts exactly!

CupidStunt
11-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Surprised KU fell so little.

rageeumr
11-25-2007, 01:30 PM
#2 in the coach's poll....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

StcChief
I really don't understand that at all. They fall more spots than LSU (whom lost to unranked Arkansas) when they lose to the new #1 team in the nation. The system really makes very little sense.

yeah. rankings and BCS ..... votes. Surprised they didn't make WV #1 :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
Wow...just wow. :D

Deberg_1990
11-25-2007, 01:32 PM

Hell has offcially frozen over and i think i just saw some pigs flying down my street.

jjchieffan
11-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately though, since AP is not part of the BCS, and coaches poll, which put WV #1, is, BCS will probably put MU #2. I haven't seen Harris rankings yet.

Extra Point
11-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Good for MU! Thought I'd see KU at #5, but for KU to be in the top 10, that's good. With their schedule set for the next two years, KU will have to go undefeated into the last game before the B12C game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Unfortunately though, since AP is not part of the BCS, and coaches poll, which put WV #1, is, BCS will probably put MU #2. I haven't seen Harris rankings yet.

I don't think so. We just beat the #1 team in all of the computer polls. That will help us tremendously.

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2007, 01:37 PM
#1 or #2 doesn't mean shit at this point. All that matters is if they can beat OU.

siberian khatru
11-25-2007, 01:39 PM
#1 or #2 doesn't mean shit at this point. All that matters is if they can beat OU.

Exactly.

KChiefs1
11-25-2007, 01:49 PM

Beat OU & it will be Mizzou vs West Virginia for the National Championship

eazyb81
11-25-2007, 03:17 PM

True, the only poll that really matters is the last one.

That said, being #1 is huge for the program and fans.

Eleazar
11-25-2007, 03:53 PM

LSU still has a better resume IMO. Kansas beat nobodys and lost to the first good team they played. LSU beat Auburn, they beat Alabama, they beat Florida. They lost to an unranked team, ok. But they have already proved they were for real.

Seems like the voters are treating this like Kansas was exposed and the scheduling knocks people had on them all year were true.

I'm not going to go that far, they aren't Hawaii or anything. But... I think they deserved to drop to 5-6-7

Valiant
11-25-2007, 04:38 PM
LSU still has a better resume IMO. Kansas beat nobodys and lost to the first good team they played. LSU beat Auburn, they beat Alabama, they beat Florida. They lost to an unranked team, ok. But they have already proved they were for real.

Seems like the voters are treating this like Kansas was exposed and the scheduling knocks people had on them all year were true.

I'm not going to go that far, they aren't Hawaii or anything. But... I think they deserved to drop to 5-6-7

KU's only loss was to a really good MU team.. MU beat Illinois and Texas Tech.. They have not beaten anybody that is clearly better then MU's opponents..

Of course all of this is moot if MU beats OU...

Eleazar
11-25-2007, 04:45 PM
KU's only loss was to a really good MU team.. MU beat Illinois and Texas Tech.. They have not beaten anybody that is clearly better then MU's opponents..

Of course all of this is moot if MU beats OU...

My point was that I feel like LSU is better than Kansas even though they have two losses, because they have several quality wins.

smittysbar
11-25-2007, 05:09 PM
My point was that I feel like LSU is better than Kansas even though they have two losses, because they have several quality wins.

I agree.

dtebbe
11-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Hell has offcially frozen over and i think i just saw some pigs flying down my street.

If MU beats OU, the earth will start spinning the other direction.....

DT

chiefsfaninwa
11-25-2007, 06:39 PM
The national meda makes it like MU has no chance... Living in seattle people were yelling at the top ot their lungs that the Big 12 is overrated and shouldn't be in the top 5.. I have watched all the KU games (not because i am a KU fan) just because the fox station up here would show them before the PAC 10 games.

Look i have had friends who played at MU, all i can SAY IS WTG MU!!! WTG BIG 12 NORTH and i hope MU and KU will become a powerhorse for the next decade...

KU... Top 10 team.. better recuits!! Pay the FAT MAN now!!! dont let him leave...

MU.. DO THE SAME...

Mojo Rising
11-25-2007, 06:56 PM
USC would easily beat KU. KU should be 10.

Rausch
11-26-2007, 09:05 AM

Ditto.

Boy, Sat. night was about the most fun postgame I've had in years... :)

Reerun_KC
11-26-2007, 09:09 AM

And if MU beats OU it helps KU shot at a BCS game...

So no shame in KU's season or schedule, if it gets them to a BCS game...

Funny thing about LSU, then hardly ever play road games... They had what 3 this year and 8 or 9 home games?

Get LSU out of Baton Rouge and they will lose...

PS, I ****ing hate everything and anything LSU.

kepp
11-26-2007, 09:14 AM
#2 in the coach's poll....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
...and OSU got 6 first place votes in that poll.

Eleazar
11-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Funny thing about LSU, then hardly ever play road games... They had what 3 this year and 8 or 9 home games?

Get LSU out of Baton Rouge and they will lose...

Are you suggesting that LSU played as big of a cupcake schedule?

smittysbar
11-26-2007, 09:58 AM
The national meda makes it like MU has no chance... Living in seattle people were yelling at the top ot their lungs that the Big 12 is overrated and shouldn't be in the top 5.. I have watched all the KU games (not because i am a KU fan) just because the fox station up here would show them before the PAC 10 games.

Look i have had friends who played at MU, all i can SAY IS WTG MU!!! WTG BIG 12 NORTH and i hope MU and KU will become a powerhorse for the next decade...

KU... Top 10 team.. better recuits!! Pay the FAT MAN now!!! dont let him leave...

MU.. DO THE SAME...

.....But they are also saying how unfair it is that we have to go and play an extra game that others don't.

Mr. Plow
11-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Congrats to MU on the win Saturday. I think KU gave away a lot of opportunities, but MU is definitely a good team. Other than being our major rival, there is no shame in losing to this MU football team.

I've watched a couple MU games this year and Chase Daniel is a good QB. Strong arm. Good decision making ability.

Congrats again!

Pitt Gorilla
11-26-2007, 10:51 AM
#1 or #2 doesn't mean shit at this point. All that matters is if they can beat OU.Very true. Interestingly, if we were in a conference that doesn't play a title game, we'd be in the National Championship. However, I suppose that some years the extra game helps, just not this year.

I can't really complain, though; we're playing with house money at this point.