11-25-2007, 03:27 PM
PBJ

http://www.tigerboard.com/userimages/finger2.jpg

eazyb81
11-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Thank God we're not #2.

Mizzou pwnz the world.

11-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Wow, KU is number 5. They potentially could be BCS bound no matter what happens next week.

Eleazar
11-25-2007, 03:37 PM
We should change this to Mizzou planet. It's a lot more rewarding this year

WilliamTheIrish
11-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Wow, KU is number 5. They potentially could be BCS bound no matter what happens next week.

It's a possibility. Even if they don't make the BCS, The Holiday Bowl in San Diego is a great place to be during the holiday.

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Being #2 wouldn't be any worse.

siberian khatru
11-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Being #2 wouldn't be any worse.

Yep, No. 1 is just an intangible -- it looks nice.

OU is all that matters.

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Thank God we're not #2.

:spock:

kcpasco
11-25-2007, 03:43 PM
yes at least I have something to be happy about

If all I had was the Chiefs I would put a plastic bag over my head

ROYC75
11-25-2007, 03:44 PM
All MU has to do is win 2 more....... tall order in this college season.

Good Luck with that.

KU @ 5, that good,I feel they are just as good as any team out there with 2 losses........

Rock Chalk :KU:

ROYC75
11-25-2007, 03:45 PM

If all I had was the Chiefs I would put a plastic bag over my head

Man, all I have left this year is 1 KU game and KU basketball ...... The Chiefs suck.

MU can look forward to a NC game if they win next week.

kcpasco
11-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Man, all I have left this year is 1 KU game and KU basketball ...... The Chiefs suck.

MU can look forward to a NC game if they win next week.

ya I hope we make it to the NC game

and KU should pwn in basketball like usual

KcMizzou
11-25-2007, 03:48 PM
All MU has to do is win 2 more....... tall order in this college season.

Good Luck with that.

KU @ 5, that good,I feel they are just as good as any team out there with 2 losses........

Rock Chalk :KU:I agree...

And Mizzou's got a tough road ahead, but damn... they just keep knocking down obstacles.

It's about damned time Mizzou had a season like this.

God knows we've suffered through some shitty luck in the past.

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2007, 03:50 PM

If all I had was the Chiefs I would put a plastic bag over my headLMAO

Thig Lyfe
11-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I knew KU wouldn't drop far. Voters realize that they're a good team that lost a tough game to a superior opponent. Any BCS bowl is waaaaaay more than anyone expected.

KC_Connection
11-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure why anyone expected a far drop for the #2 team in a loss agaisnt the #4 team.

HolyHandgernade
11-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Well, I'd certainly want the Hawks to get a BCS Bowl, but for selfish reasons, I would be thrilled to see them in the Holiday Bowl! Unless West Virginia slips up, I doubt they could get the Rose Bowl.

-HH

KC_Connection
11-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, I'd certainly want the Hawks to get a BCS Bowl, but for selfish reasons, I would be thrilled to see them in the Holiday Bowl! Unless West Virginia slips up, I doubt they could get the Rose Bowl.

-HH
If Missouri wins next week, they'll be in a BCS Bowl. If they don't, they won't be. It's that simple.

I'd take the Holiday Bowl, though.

KcMizzou
11-25-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure why anyone expected a far drop for the #2 team in a loss agaisnt the #4 team.To the 'ship! :D

Couldn't resist. :)

KU shouldn't drop far, IMO. The way it turned out seems about right to me.

HC_Chief
11-25-2007, 04:07 PM
If Missouri wins next week, they'll be in a BCS Bowl. If they don't, they won't be. It's that simple.

I'd take the Holiday Bowl, though.

They'll be in a BCS bowl either way... they'll play for the BCSNC if they win.

MU has a legit shot at the title. That offense is phenominal and they proved last night they can play some pretty good D as well.

Hat's off to 'em... they are a very good football team.

KC_Connection
11-25-2007, 04:09 PM

MU has a legit shot at the title. That offense is phenominal and they proved last night they can play some pretty good D as well.

Hat's off to 'em... they are a very good football team.
I was referring to Kansas, probably my bad for not making that clear.

eazyb81
11-25-2007, 04:10 PM

Nah, I think Mizzou's going to a BCS bowl no matter what happens next Saturday.

KC_Connection
To the 'ship! :D

Couldn't resist. :)

KU shouldn't drop far, IMO. The way it turned out seems about right to me.
I was referring to KU basketball all along, don't you realize that? :)

88TG88
USC at #8 w00t. I can't wait to beat the bruins.

KC_Connection
11-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Nah, I think Mizzou's going to a BCS bowl no matter what happens next Saturday.
refer to above post.

KcMizzou

Hat's off to 'em... they are a very good football team.Thank you, sir.

KU aint half bad either... they're better than the sum of their parts.

They don't have top notch talent, but they play well together, and play smart.

Very well coached.

Sure-Oz
I agree...

And Mizzou's got a tough road ahead, but damn... they just keep knocking down obstacles.

It's about damned time Mizzou had a season like this.

God knows we've suffered through some shitty luck in the past.
I am a pretty damn happy guy today seeing that, even with the way the Chiefs lost. #1 in the nation, wow, keep it up tigers!

HC_Chief
11-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I was referring to Kansas, probably my bad for not making that clear.

Ahh ic. I think KU gets a BCS bowl regardless of the MU/OU game. Their only loss was to the #4 team... not a "bad" loss at all; besides, KU has received a lo of love from the BCS computers this year.

I'd love to see KU play Ohio State... I think that would be a good matchup.

MU/WVU for the BCSNCG would be a VERY entertaining game IMHO.

KC_Connection
11-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Ahh ic. I think KU gets a BCS bowl regardless of the MU/OU game. Their only loss was to the #4 team... not a "bad" loss at all; besides, KU has received a lo of love from the BCS computers this year.

I'd love to see KU play Ohio State... I think that would be a good matchup.

MU/WVU for the BCSNCG would be a VERY entertaining game IMHO.
There is only a max of two teams from each conference allowed in the BCS. KU needs Missouri to win to get in.

KC Jones
11-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I was referring to KU basketball all along, don't you realize that? :)

yeah... we're still undefeated! :p

HC_Chief
11-25-2007, 04:15 PM
There is only a max of two teams from each conference allowed in the BCS. KU needs Missouri to win to get in.

Heh, I'd take comfort in a MU loss coupled with KU getting a BCS bid as a one-loss team... the wailing from the east side of the state line would ba audible in Manhattan. :D

KcMizzou
11-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Heh, I'd take comfort in a MU loss coupled with KU getting a BCS bid as a one-loss team... the wailing from the east side of the state line would ba audible in Manhattan. :DDon't count on it, Beaker.

:p

Thig Lyfe
11-25-2007, 04:17 PM

I guess Ari didn't know that when he declared he'd be cheering for OU.

Let's go Tigers!

:KU:

HC_Chief
Don't count on it, Beaker.

:p

hehehe, not couting on it at all... just sayin' ;)

Besides, I think the tiggers are going to thump the Sooners this time around.

KC_Connection
Heh, I'd take comfort in a MU loss coupled with KU getting a BCS bid as a one-loss team... the wailing from the east side of the state line would ba audible in Manhattan. :D
KU wouldn't be getting a BCS bid with an OU win as OU would move in front of us.

I have no problem with MU winning, I don't hate their team, and I would much prefer them to win than OU.

Thig Lyfe
11-25-2007, 04:18 PM

Ohhhhhh yeah. MU would be a two-loss team. But that's leaving too much to the pollsters.

I think KU fans should hope for an MU win if they really want a BCS bowl.

KC_Connection
11-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Ohhhhhh yeah. MU would be a two-loss team. But that's leaving too much to the pollsters.

I think KU fans should hope for an MU win if they really want a BCS bowl.
MU would be a 2 loss team that beat KU. If I was them, I would put them in front of KU.

KcMizzou
11-25-2007, 04:23 PM
hehehe, not couting on it at all... just sayin' ;)

Besides, I think the tiggers are going to thump the Sooners this time around.Man, I sure hope so.

I'm optimistic. The first time around, it was like... "Ok, we can play with these guys. But we went and screwed it up at the end."

Now it's time to finish the deal.

I think the leadership on this Mizzou team is HUGE.

We've got some high quality, veteran players who are sick and tired of being disappointed.

That KU game was one we'd have lost in previous seasons... not to mention several before that.

eazyb81
11-25-2007, 04:23 PM
MU would be a 2 loss team that beat KU. If I was them, I would put them in front of KU.

I could see an argument for KU in that scenario, but in all likelihood I still think Mizzou would get a BCS at-large bid over them.

KC_Connection
11-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I could see an argument for KU in that scenario, but in all likelihood I still think Mizzou would get a BCS at-large bid over them.
The CPU rankings might give it to KU, but that's only 1/3 of the BCS. The pollsters won't in that scenario.

PastorMikH
11-25-2007, 04:29 PM
This is so sweet after what I endured over Thanksgiving while visiting the wife's family in Kansas. They are all jayhawk fans. A couple are rather arrogant and belligerent as well. They were all commenting about how they were looking forward to playing for the national championship. I says, "Uhm, you gotta beat MU and OU before you get to that guys." I also told them as they kept hounding me about how they were going to cream MU, how Vegas had KU as 14 point favs and they are usually right, and so on, I says, 'Guys, listen, I realize KU is good and I'm not going to stick my chest out and talk a bunch of trash. My team could lose. At the same time, I am confident that they can beat Kansas as well. My BIL was even arrogant enough to put down on his gift exchange slip (which I drew BTW) that he wanted a T-Shirt of the national championship matchup.

Oh, 'tis sweet indeed.

Will I call them and rub it in though? Nope. I refuse to stoop to their levels. I will however remember come Christmas time and each of them will get a copy of the game DVD. IF MU somehow were to get past OU, I will give my BIL exactly what he asked for.:fire: Shoot, I may get all of them MU shirts.:)

Mosbonian
11-25-2007, 04:32 PM
This is so sweet after what I endured over Thanksgiving while visiting the wife's family in Kansas. They are all jayhawk fans. A couple are rather arrogant and belligerent as well. They were all commenting about how they were looking forward to playing for the national championship. I says, "Uhm, you gotta beat MU and OU before you get to that guys." I also told them as they kept hounding me about how they were going to cream MU, how Vegas had KU as 14 point favs and they are usually right, and so on, I says, 'Guys, listen, I realize KU is good and I'm not going to stick my chest out and talk a bunch of trash. My team could lose. At the same time, I am confident that they can beat Kansas as well. My BIL was even arrogant enough to put down on his gift exchange slip (which I drew BTW) that he wanted a T-Shirt of the national championship matchup.

Oh, 'tis sweet indeed.

Will I call them and rub it in though? Nope. I refuse to stoop to their levels. I will however remember come Christmas time and each of them will get a copy of the game DVD. IF MU somehow were to get past OU, I will give my BIL exactly what he asked for.:fire: Shoot, I may get all of them MU shirts.:)

That is why you are a Pastor....and I am just a lay person. I would be doing all the smacking today and not let up if they were arrogant.

mmaddog

KcMizzou
11-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Oh, 'tis sweet indeed.

Will I call them and rub it in though? Nope. I refuse to stoop to their levels. I will however remember come Christmas time and each of them will get a copy of the game DVD. IF MU somehow were to get past OU, I will give my BIL exactly what he asked for.:fire: Shoot, I may get all of them MU shirts.:)Poetic justice.

M-I-Z, baby.

Damn, this is fun.

PastorMikH
11-25-2007, 04:39 PM
ZOU!