PDA

View Full Version : I am honestly in supporting of Re-building, but....

RedThat
11-26-2007, 02:09 AM
I don't think Carl Peterson is the right man for that.

Seriously, after reading Whitlocks article today it gave me the impression that Carl is even more than just a problem for this franchise, he is a barrier. He is very loath when it comes to admitting to making personnel mistakes.

Seriously, the Chiefs tried to hide it all season long making us think they were a playoff team by starting Huard instead of Croyle. Saying he's the best guy to give them a chance to win.

And on an interesting note, I recall Ian Eagle talking about Herm in the beginning of the season. I don't exactly recall what he said, but it was somewhere along the lines where Carl and Herm weren't exactly on the same page in terms of how things get done.

I am strongly starting to believe and see that there is some truth to that. Now, I am no Herm fan when it comes to coaching. But, if there is at least 1 thing I give the man credit for, it is having the right idea by trying to re-build this team through the draft. I think Herm wants to do that, and we're seeing that, but Carl is definately interfering or at least slowing down the process of developing youth.

And what makes me say that? Well, Why didn't we start our young guys at the beginning? Why did we all of a sudden play decide to play Kolby Smith now? Because we had no choice. But then why did we decide to play Priest before? Out of fear? I can understand the fans frustration in seeing how we didn't play Croyle at the beginning? When its clear we should of. There is no hiding the fact we are a bad team. But what pisses me off as a fan, is how this franchise tried to sell to the fans that they are? Clear cut flat out garbage.

That alone would not make me go watch another game this year! Seriously, They aint gonna sniff my money.

Anyway, the Chiefs just fooled themselves, and Carl Petersons decisions to play veterans instead of youth was simply a flat out waste. I never interpret it as a good thing when your GM and head coach are not on the same page? Something has to be done, and if you ask me, I rather keep Herm instead of Carl. And yes, I know many of you hate Herm. But at least he has the right idea by building this team through the draft and playing youth? Can we say that about Peterson?

That is the only reason Id keep Herm alone over Peterson. What exactly does Peterson bring to the table? Consistent 8-8 seasons, and signing older players 2nd tier FA's? We've seen this time and time again from him. That doesn't bode well when you have a head coach who wants to build his team through the draft.

CoMoChief
11-26-2007, 02:37 AM

Seriously, after reading Whitlocks article today it gave me the impression that Carl is even more than just a problem for this franchise, he is a barrier. He is very loath when it comes to admitting to making personnel mistakes.

Seriously, the Chiefs tried to hide it all season long making us think they were a playoff team by starting Huard instead of Croyle. Saying he's the best guy to give them a chance to win.

And on an interesting note, I recall Ian Eagle talking about Herm in the beginning of the season. I don't exactly recall what he said, but it was somewhere along the lines where Carl and Herm weren't exactly on the same page in terms of how things get done.

I am strongly starting to believe and see that there is some truth to that. Now, I am no Herm fan when it comes to coaching. But, if there is at least 1 thing I give the man credit for, it is having the right idea by trying to re-build this team through the draft. I think Herm wants to do that, and we're seeing that, but Carl is definately interfering or at least slowing down the process of developing youth.

And what makes me say that? Well, Why didn't we start our young guys at the beginning? Why did we all of a sudden play decide to play Kolby Smith now? Because we had no choice. But then why did we decide to play Priest before? Out of fear? I can understand the fans frustration in seeing how we didn't play Croyle at the beginning? When its clear we should of. There is no hiding the fact we are a bad team. But what pisses me off as a fan, is how this franchise tried to sell to the fans that they are? Clear cut flat out garbage.

That alone would not make me go watch another game this year! Seriously, They aint gonna sniff my money.

Anyway, the Chiefs just fooled themselves, and Carl Petersons decisions to play veterans instead of youth was simply a flat out waste. I never interpret it as a good thing when your GM and head coach are not on the same page? Something has to be done, and if you ask me, I rather keep Herm instead of Carl. And yes, I know many of you hate Herm. But at least he has the right idea by building this team through the draft and playing youth? Can we say that about Peterson?

That is the only reason Id keep Herm alone over Peterson. What exactly does Peterson bring to the table? Consistent 8-8 seasons, and signing older players 2nd tier FA's? We've seen this time and time again from him. That doesn't bode well when you have a head coach who wants to build his team through the draft.

1. Croyle wasn't ready at the time and Huard gave us the best chance to win. After Herm probably had a sense that we weren't gonna win anymore with Huard than with Croyle he probably wanted to go with the kid, and Carl probably said no. Croyle should have started after the CHI game IMO.

2. Carl is deathly afraid of not putting butts in Arrowhead, it's such a huge part of his ego he would probably do anything to protect that. This is where Priest Holmes comes in. Carl gambled on that and it failed, hoping that fans would want to see Priest, but only to leave Holmes getting hurt again and now we have no RB after trading Bennett.

MadMax
11-26-2007, 02:42 AM
1. Croyle wasn't ready at the time and Huard gave us the best chance to win. After Herm probably had a sense that we weren't gonna win anymore with Huard than with Croyle he probably wanted to go with the kid, and Carl probably said no. Croyle should have started after the CHI game IMO.

2. Carl is deathly afraid of not putting butts in Arrowhead, it's such a huge part of his ego he would probably do anything to protect that. This is where Priest Holmes comes in. Carl gambled on that and it failed, hoping that fans would want to see Priest, but only to leave Holmes getting hurt again and now we have no RB after trading Bennett.

BOTH were HUGE mistakes and Carl is a dickhead!

kcxiv
11-26-2007, 02:45 AM
Brodie should have went in against the Bengals for sure. He would be way further along and we would probably have the same damn record.

We are rebuilding thats for sure. People in the KC area are going to be tuning into 101 the fox. Thats the only way they will be able to keep up with the game.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-26-2007, 02:47 AM
The sellouts since 1990 are gonna die. It's a sad day at Arrowhead. Carl only has himself to blame.

kcxiv
11-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Whats funny is he blames it on the cold weather. Carl, open your eyes douche.

Kerberos
11-26-2007, 06:45 AM

No Chit. MANY of us sat through that COLD ASSED playoff game in 1995 when it felt like -50 degree windchill to watch our playoff dreams get swept away by Indy.

Cold weather AIN'T the problem Carl. Its a HUGE lack of progress to advance this team beyond mediocrity that is causing disdain among the "TRUE FAN" masses.

JEBEESUS get a Flipp'n CLUE. :shake:

BigRedChief
11-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Where did King Carl blame the cold weather?

Mecca
11-26-2007, 07:04 AM
I listened to 810's post game talk about how the Chiefs were claiming the Charger tickets weren't selling because the Chargers are "uninteresting"

plbrdude
11-26-2007, 07:10 AM
I listened to 810's post game talk about how the Chiefs were claiming the Charger tickets weren't selling because the Chargers are "uninteresting"

it's only uninteresting because the fans figure it to be another home loss.
and when you figure it to be a loss, why go?

thehead
11-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Great marketing job by the Chiefs Azzhats :banghead:

penguinz
11-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Where did King Carl blame the cold weather?
During the KU MU game on Saturday.

Deberg_1990
11-26-2007, 07:23 AM

I dont think anyone on this board would dispute that.

This organization needs a bath, from the top down. Its time.

BigRedChief
11-26-2007, 07:23 AM
During the KU MU game on Saturday.King Carl blamed the non-sell outs for the Chargers and Titans games on the cold during the national broadcast of the KU-MU game?

the Talking Can
11-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Well, Why didn't we start our young guys at the beginning? Why did we all of a sudden play decide to play Kolby Smith now? Because we had no choice. But then why did we decide to play Priest before? Out of fear? I can understand the fans frustration in seeing how we didn't play Croyle at the beginning? When its clear we should of. There is no hiding the fact we are a bad team. But what pisses me off as a fan, is how this franchise tried to sell to the fans that they are? Clear cut flat out garbage.

the answer is simple...True Fans want the franchise to "win now" (this board was littered with these posts)....Carl wants the franchise to "win now"....Herm wanted to "win now"...all are on record preferring false hope over rebuilding...

penguinz
11-26-2007, 08:26 AM
King Carl blamed the non-sell outs for the Chargers and Titans games on the cold during the national broadcast of the KU-MU game?
Maybe it wasn't the MU/KU game. (it was a long weekend) But sometime this weekend he made the statement that it was harder to get people to the stadium because of the weather.