PDA

View Full Version : QB Sneak?

Dartgod
11-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Whether or not Herm's decision to go for it on 4th and 1 was correct or not, why didn't we just let Brodie try to get the foot and a half that we needed for a first down?

Every team in the NFL has this in their playbook, but I can't remember the last time I've seen us make that call in very short yardage situation?

Why not?

Wa-Z
11-26-2007, 11:41 AM
He's too scrawny that boy.

Pablo
11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Whether or not Herm's decision to go for it on 4th and 1 was correct or not, why didn't we just let Brodie try to get the foot and a half that we needed for a first down?

Every team in the NFL has this in their playbook, but I can't remember the last time I've seen us make that call in very short yardage situation?

Why not?Because our offensive line gets minimal push up front, and Brodie is no powerhouse. Best to try and hand it off to a RB who has a couple of yards in the backfield to find his hole and burst through.

cadmonkey
11-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I would assume that it has something to do with your last QB getting his brains scrambled and having to go to Huard to save the season. If Croyle's noodle gets shaken you have to go to Huard again.

dirk digler
11-26-2007, 11:46 AM
My thoughts as well dartgod. In fact the TV announcers said that should be the only play they should run.

But no they ran the exact same play and the Raiders were smart to figure it out after the 4-5th time we ran it.

Chiefs_5627
11-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Because our offensive line gets minimal push up front, and Brodie is no powerhouse. Best to try and hand it off to a RB who has a couple of yards in the backfield to find his hole and burst through.

Gotta agree. Plus the fact he looks like he's about 12 doesnt help. :LOL:

Dartgod
11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I would assume that it has something to do with your last QB getting his brains scrambled and having to go to Huard to save the season. If Croyle's noodle gets shaken you have to go to Huard again.
We only needed two feet. Surely that could have been accomplished with a quick snap and dive by Croyle. The Raiders ran the same play earlier in the game and made it easily.

Chiefs_5627
11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
We only needed two feet. Surely that could have been accomplished with a quick snap and dive by Croyle. The Raiders ran the same play earlier in the game and made it easily.

With a 260lb QB. ;)

FAX
11-26-2007, 12:00 PM
My thoughts as well dartgod. In fact the TV announcers said that should be the only play they should run.

But no they ran the exact same play and the Raiders were smart to figure it out after the 4-5th time we ran it.

And that, my fellow Planeteer and comrade in disaster, is idiot decision number 3 in that game. I was stunned to hear the Raiders talk about how they knew what the play was going to be before the snap because we telegraphed the same run with the same formation and the same motion.

A simplified offense at its best.

FAX

dirk digler
11-26-2007, 12:02 PM
And that, my fellow Planeteer and comrade in disaster, is idiot decision number 3 in that game. I was stunned to hear the Raiders talk about how they knew what the play was going to be before the snap because we telegraphed the same run with the same formation and the same motion.

FAX

Yep. Herm\Solari made a stupid play call when they should just run a simple QB sneak. Heck they should have lined up in the same formation as they did and just let Brodie lean and extend the ball that would have been enough.

Zouk
11-26-2007, 12:04 PM

FAX

Brian Waters disagrees with you - says there was a gaping hole there for the taking.

KC Dan
11-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Dart, how dare you question Herm on what play to run. Are you a "real" fan?........;)

xbarretx
11-26-2007, 12:06 PM

no way..let Tyler play :clap: ***not kidding***

suds79
11-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Well hindsight is 20/20.

Could you imagine what people would of said if we QB sneaked it and didn't get it? It'd be "why don't you go with the hot hand? Smith had 150 plus yards. Bad call"

If we bootlegged it, Same response.
Passed it. Same response.

Looking back now, I wish we would of tried something different.

The main point is that we should of been able to get a yard and just didn't get it done. The O-line stinks.

dirk digler
11-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Brian Waters disagrees with you - says there was a gaping hole there for the taking.

Shit happens. They should have done a QB sneak instead of running the EXACT same play 5 times

Chiefs_5627
11-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Well hindsight is 20/20.

Could you imagine what people would of said if we QB sneaked it and didn't get it? It'd be "why don't you go with the hot hand? Smith had 150 plus yards. Bad call"

If we bootlegged it, Same response.
Passed it. Same response.

Looking back now, I wish we would of tried something different.

The main point is that we should of been able to get a yard and just didn't get it done. The O-line stinks.
The O-line stinks

YUP!

Wile_E_Coyote
11-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Casey isn't Mr Plow

Chiefs_5627
11-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Casey isn't Mr Plow

More like a snow shovel. ;)

Simply Red
11-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Front office is dumb, basically.

Reerun_KC
11-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Yep. Herm\Curl made a stupid play call when they should just run a simple QB sneak. Heck they should have lined up in the same formation as they did and just let Brodie lean and extend the ball that would have been enough.

FYP....

KC Dan
11-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Front office is dumb, basically.
Not dumb - absent. All this franchise is about is CP telling Herm what to do, Herm blaming the players and the front office watching it all happen. They (Clark) are just letting it all happen. This is nothing new for Chiefs fans as it is the same as when Lamar was alive. A total hands off policy as long as the seats are full and beer prices are raised. Nothin will change at Arrowhead until Clark takes a hands-on approach and shakes this franchise up. Don't hold your breath on that one...

cadmonkey
11-26-2007, 12:27 PM

Brodie leads with his head on a QB sneak right? A linebacker comes up and goes helmet to to helmet.....you are back to a Huard world.

dirk digler
11-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Brodie leads with his head on a QB sneak right? A linebacker comes up and goes helmet to to helmet.....you are back to a Huard world.

Same could be said of any QB. Brady has done sneaks this year just think if he got hurt and you were back to Cassell world.

KC Dan
11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
And in the win-loss column that changes the Chiefs position how???

Simply Red
11-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Not dumb - absent. All this franchise is about is CP telling Herm what to do, Herm blaming the players and the front office watching it all happen. They (Clark) are just letting it all happen. This is nothing new for Chiefs fans as it is the same as when Lamar was alive. A total hands off policy as long as the seats are full and beer prices are raised. Nothin will change at Arrowhead until Clark takes a hands-on approach and shakes this franchise up. Don't hold your breath on that one...
I totally agree and you're right maybe "dumb" was the wrong word to use. But I will say; not very smart.

Dartgod
11-26-2007, 12:30 PM
I agree. Let's play like pussies instead. Did you see how well that worked yesterday when Herm just gave up a possession because we were at 1st and 20?

If you're going to use that logic, then Croyle should still be holding a clipboard instead of playing behind this swiss-cheese OL.

Dartgod
11-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Are you ready to give up your season tix? We're pretty much there now.

KC Dan
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Are you ready to give up your season tix? We're pretty much there now.
Yup! I'm pissed that I already made arrangements to be there this weekend. I'm halfway to the decision to tailgate, walk across the street and watch another game on the Holiday Inn tv's instead of going in to the stadium. What a huge waste of money. The only thing that would save me would be a housecleaning but Clark isn't going to do that. We'll talk...

PriestMVP31
11-26-2007, 02:37 PM
I actually thought they should have called a bootleg for Croyle, it looked like he could escape pressure well and i think it would have caught OAK off guard.

Bump
11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I was hoping for the QB sneak as well, oh well though.

HemiEd
11-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I guess they could print this on the back side of the "play page."

Most teams have a play book, Herm's Chiefs have a "play page."

ferrarispider95
11-26-2007, 02:59 PM
I actually thought they should have called a bootleg for Croyle, it looked like he could escape pressure well and i think it would have caught OAK off guard.

Fake the handoff to smith and run a bootleg to the right - similar to the play that Reesing ran on Sat.

Surely Brodie could have gotten around the corner for a yard.

Sure-Oz
11-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Fake the handoff to smith and run a bootleg to the right - similar to the play that Reesing ran on Sat.

Surely Brodie could have gotten around the corner for a yard.
Reesing has a better OLINE

J Diddy
11-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Reesing has a better OLINE

wouldn't have mattered, oakland sunk their hopes on it being a run between the tackles they all charged in once the ball was snapped if it would have been a bootleg it probably would have went for a td

Simply Red
11-26-2007, 03:48 PM
wouldn't have mattered, oakland sunk their hopes on it being a run between the tackles they all charged in once the ball was snapped if it would have been a bootleg it probably would have went for a td
precisely.

Calcountry
11-26-2007, 03:56 PM
precisely.Come on now guys, you play to win the game! Not score TD's! Once our FG kicker blew it, the game was over in Herms mind.

OctoberFart
11-26-2007, 04:55 PM
If he was going for it he made the right call a run at the weak raider D. Problem is when you watch the replay everyone on the Raiders D (not named GOCHIEFS) got penetration deep in the queef backfield.

J Diddy
11-26-2007, 04:59 PM

Why not?

you'd be counting on casey weigmann (an undersized center) to win at the point of attack

I don't think it would have happened

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I can't remember the last time the Chiefs ran a sneak with anyone. I don't remember doing it with either Vermeil or Herm.

trndobrd
11-26-2007, 05:11 PM
After giving the Raiders defense two consecutive timeouts to catch their breath and regroup, it doesn't really matter what play was called.