RT
C
RG
FB
CB
DT?
MLB?
ROLB? (due to age only)

I think MacIntosh has been...serviceable but not excellent. Pressure tends to come middle and right, not so much left. Waters is still Waters.
I don't think moving Mac is the answer; but I think that replacing the RT, C, and RG positions is.

I would like to see Max Starks at RT; he'll be a FA, is 25, is a road grader at 337, 6'8". He's started (and won) in a Super Bowl. At that age, he should still be ascending.

I disagree that Indy will be able to retain EITHER of their FA guards; they have to pay Bob Sanders, and have big contracts out with Peyton, Harrison, etc. I would take Jake Scott or Ryan Lilja and plug them into that RG slot. Both are young, both have won a super bowl.

I think the fact that these young guys have started on SB winning teams makes them VERY valuable. They know how to get it done.

No great Centers on the market, but Niswanger is the physical type that we need to run a power game. I think I replace Wiegmann with Niswanger. (he's played decent at guard, much better than Welbourne, IMO). Wiegmann's just too small to drive block.

What this would allow you to do is just draft BAA in the draft. No reaching neccessary. I'd still LIKE to draft a top LT of course, but only if you've got a guy rated highly at your spot.

I think Brackenridge has some game, and could unseat Law. You can get by with Surtain one more year if need be, but I'd certainly draft a corner somewhere. I'd also draft some OL , and you're gonna need a replacement for Edwards and Harris somewhere. Another WR. A true FB. You can find these guys in later rounds.

This is what I would do, and we should have the cap room to do it.

Chris

BigChiefFan
11-27-2007, 01:21 PM
That's a lot of holes to fill to expect to get starters in next year's draft. I really like your FA approach, but I just don't have faith Carl can get the job done. Looks like Carl's five year plan will take a quarter of a century to take shape. We have holes at EVERY position so we should absolutely draft BAA-not sure Carl knows collegiate football, though-we'll be lucky to get two starters out of his drafts.