PDA

View Full Version : Get it while it's hot...

Hammock Parties
11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
The new and improved Germ Warfare logo!

<--------------

DaKCMan AP
11-27-2007, 02:45 PM
You are pathetic.

RockChalk
11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
You are pathetic.

2nd confirmation

Hootie
11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't know how your opinion on Herm changes over releasing a shitty kicker that has no business being in the NFL.

I'm not pissed about Herm...Herm was screwed either way on that 4th and 1...if he goes for it and misses, he's an idiot. If he sends our shitty kicker in there and he misses, he's an idiot.

The person I'm LEAST mad at this season is Herm. Herm can be a fine coach as long as he gets a good offensive coordinator and continues to draft well.

I'm pissed about the fairweather fans and shaky front office moves...not Herm Edwards.

kcxiv
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I dont care for Herm that much to use his grill as my avatar.

Go Chiefs jumps more fences then my own race. lol (i am mexican btw) haha

Sure-Oz
11-27-2007, 02:48 PM
we have way more problems then herm, he needs a new coaching staff and some players on that Oline, oh and a kicker

penguinz
11-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm pissed about the fairweather fans and shaky front office moves...not Herm Edwards.Herm is one of those shaky front office moves.

SLAG
11-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Goatse just hates him because hes a Catholic

Hammock Parties
11-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Goatse just hates him because hes a Catholic

I don't hate Herm Edwards the man. I hate Herm Edwards the coach.

I'll convert to Catholicism if Herm wins a Super Bowl ANYWHERE.

Hootie
11-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't hate Herm Edwards the man. I hate Herm Edwards the coach.
Ridiculous.

talastan
11-27-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm not mad at Herm, He made a decent decision this time. His kicker had missed several the last couple of weeks. Kolby had converted a 4th down earlier, why not try again. I'm pissed at the lack of attention to the offensive line this last offseason, and also for the consistent attempt by Carl to keep this franchise from actually doing what it needs to, REBUILD!! SAY IT WITH US CARL, WE PROMISE IT WON'T HURT YOU, REEEEBUILDDD!!

SLAG
11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I'll convert to Catholicism if Herm wins a Super Bowl ANYWHERE.

You would welch on this just like everything else that you have

Hammock Parties
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
You would welch on this just like everything else that you have

I've never welched on a bet on this forum. Ever.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Pay someone to fly banners over the stadium...

FloridaMan88
11-27-2007, 03:18 PM
The person I'm LEAST mad at this season is Herm. Herm can be a fine coach as long as he gets a good offensive coordinator and continues to draft well.

I'm pissed about the fairweather fans and shaky front office moves...not Herm Edwards.

Herm Edwards is a career sub-.500 head coach... he is a mediocre head coach AT BEST, he has no clue how to handle critical in-game situations such as when to use time-outs, when to challenge calls, etc., he is an insecure piece of garbage which is why he surrounds himself with weakling assistant coaches who won't dare challenge his many shortcomings as a head coach and as a human being, he is a FRAUD with ZERO back-bone who has no problem throwing people (assistant coaches or players) under the proverbial bus and will lie and distort the truth to no end (i.e. claiming he "plays to win the game", yet is a dickless, ultra-conservative COWARD).

Herm Edwards is a parasite and a cancer that will continue to destroy the Chiefs until he and his puppet master, Dictator Carl are removed.

DaKCMan AP
11-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Herm Edwards is a career sub-.500 head coach... he is a mediocre head coach AT BEST, he has no clue how to handle critical in-game situations such as when to use time-outs, when to challenge calls, etc., he is an insecure piece of garbage which is why he surrounds himself with weakling assistant coaches who won't dare challenge his many shortcomings as a head coach and as a human being, he is a FRAUD with ZERO back-bone who has no problem throwing people (assistant coaches or players) under the proverbial bus and will lie and distort the truth to no end (i.e. claiming he "plays to win the game", yet is a dickless, ultra-conservative COWARD).

Herm Edwards is a parasite and a cancer that will continue to destroy the Chiefs until he and his puppet master, Dictator Carl are removed.

Reinstate DV! He is the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Mr. Flopnuts
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't know how your opinion on Herm changes over releasing a shitty kicker that has no business being in the NFL.

I'm not pissed about Herm...Herm was screwed either way on that 4th and 1...if he goes for it and misses, he's an idiot. If he sends our shitty kicker in there and he misses, he's an idiot.

Throw in Carl Peterson still having a job with the Chiefs and I'm right there.

talastan
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Okay so we've established the complete anarchist tendencies that people have towards whoever is coach of the chiefs. We knew this was how the season was going to be before it even began. Anyone who thought otherwise (Goatse) should've opened their eyes during the first two weeks. I still think we will finish somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8. It is what it is, a rebuilding season. Take the frustration out on the only constant in the past 18years. Carl Peterson.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM

Clayton, you just hurt your cause by accepting this guy.

FloridaMan88
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Reinstate DV! He is the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Dick Vermeil is a HOF coach who built from scratch the greatest offense this franchise has and probably will ever see (as long as Dictator Carl is still around).

Hootie
11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
all I know is the casual fan loves offense...that's why being mediocre with DV was ok because we could at least entertain...we're the same friggin' team with Herm...we still blow our 4th quarter leads accept we stay in the games with defense rather than offense...

The funny thing is, people were giving Vermeil a pass after two years, they thought the Chiefs were going to be great...

Herm has started out a little better than Vermeil and he is doing it the complete opposite way...we were super content with the DV offense and were always 'if we could only get that defense!'

Now it's flip-flopped...the Chiefs would be a great team this year if they could only field an average offense.

Can Herm get it done next year? That's what I am excited about...we have a good foundation...all we need is an offensive line (easier said than done) and we're going to be ok.

I'm not in panic mode over the state of the Chiefs...I'm just pissed our fan base isn't nearly as awesome as I thought it was.

Hootie
11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Dick Vermeil is a HOF coach who built from scratch the greatest offense this franchise has and probably will ever see (as long as Dictator Carl is still around).
Yeah, and in turn, he fielded a defense that was worse than this Herm Edwards offense...and that's REALLY hard to fathom.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-27-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm not in panic mode over the state of the Chiefs...I'm just pissed our fan base isn't nearly as awesome as I thought it was.

You got that right. Spoiled. Believe that. No Super Bowls? Boo hoo. It's been easy watching a team that wins over 10 games a year, wins their division, and goes to the playoffs. Hope springs eternal.

FloridaMan88
11-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Yeah, and in turn, he fielded a defense that was worse than this Herm Edwards offense...and that's REALLY hard to fathom.

Vermeil was secure enough as a head coach to give Goonther complete control of the defense after the Greg Robinson fiasco.

Does anyone think that Herm Edwards is equally secure enough to get rid of Slowlari/Curled Dick Face and bring in a legit offensive coordinator?

Hootie
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Herm was ****ed by the fans no matter what happened this year...

People were cheering for a 2 win season and when we were 4-3 they were dreading a 10 win season...now that we're swinging back to dreadful people are pissed that we're losing...

What is wrong with everyone? You got your wish, Croyle is playing (and looks like an actual NFL caliber QB) and we're even worse offensively than we were with Huard.

Herm should continue to coddle Brodie all year long and let him manage games and not make mistakes or take many hits and give him a little confidence heading into the offseason.

Then we should use our #10 pick on a defensive playmaker, use our other 2 first day picks on offensive lineman...

We should acquire one big name OL on the free agency market...either a center or a G (no use in overpaying for a mediocre talent T in free agency)...

Possibly shore up our secondary with a FA CB pick-up and then we have a ton of day 2 picks Herm can use as his 'project' picks...something he has done a pretty good job of thus far in his tenure in KC.

Honestly...we were a big center and a good LT (McIntosh would be an above average RT IMO) away from being a really good team...but when you have line that can't pass block and can hardly run block...you're not going to be successful on offense...doesn't matter if Joe Montana is throwing the passes.

FloridaMan88
11-27-2007, 03:42 PM
all I know is the casual fan loves offense...that's why being mediocre with DV was ok because we could at least entertain...
The funny thing is, people were giving Vermeil a pass after two years, they thought the Chiefs were going to be great...

Herm has started out a little better than Vermeil and he is doing it the complete opposite way...we were super content with the DV offense and were always 'if we could only get that defense!'

Let's clear up a few things that you are obviously still confused over:

1) The Vermeil approach, building a team around an aggressive offense is the same approach being utilized by the 4 best teams in the league currently. Dallas, Green Bay, New England and Indy are all built around explosive offenses, especially aggressive passing games.

2) The only reason that Herm started out better than Vermeil did in KC was because the Chiefs were in much better shape as a franchise when Herm inherited the team than they were when Vermeil replaced Goonther.

3) The fan base is fine, and is full of rationale, intelligent football fans who aren't blind zombies such as yourself.

Hootie
11-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Vermeil was secure enough as a head coach to give Goonther complete control of the defense after the Greg Robinson fiasco.

Does anyone think that Herm Edwards is equally secure enough to get rid of Slowlari/Curled Dick Face and bring in a legit offensive coordinator?
It's two different beasts...

Vermeil was also secure enough to let Saunders call all of the offensive plays...to my knowledge, Herm lets Solari call all of the plays as well.

Give Herm Roaf and I think our problems would be solved...we never ran the ball to the right side when Saunders was here, either...

Our offense was in instant decline as soon as we lost our best offensive player...it's just hard to imagine that Roaf was really that valuable...but he was. He was truly a SUPERSTAR football player.

The Franchise
11-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Herm was ****ed by the fans no matter what happened this year...

People were cheering for a 2 win season and when we were 4-3 they were dreading a 10 win season...now that we're swinging back to dreadful people are pissed that we're losing...

What is wrong with everyone? You got your wish, Croyle is playing (and looks like an actual NFL caliber QB) and we're even worse offensively than we were with Huard.

Herm should continue to coddle Brodie all year long and let him manage games and not make mistakes or take many hits and give him a little confidence heading into the offseason.

Then we should use our #10 pick on a defensive playmaker, use our other 2 first day picks on offensive lineman...

We should acquire one big name OL on the free agency market...either a center or a G (no use in overpaying for a mediocre talent T in free agency)...

Possibly shore up our secondary with a FA CB pick-up and then we have a ton of day 2 picks Herm can use as his 'project' picks...something he has done a pretty good job of thus far in his tenure in KC.

Honestly...we were a big center and a good LT (McIntosh would be an above average RT IMO) away from being a really good team...but when you have line that can't pass block and can hardly run block...you're not going to be successful on offense...doesn't matter if Joe Montana is throwing the passes.

Seriously.....this goes down in history as the best post you've made. Explains everything to a T.

Hootie
11-27-2007, 03:49 PM

1) The Vermeil approach, building a team around an aggressive offense is the same approach being utilized by the 4 best teams in the league currently. Dallas, Green Bay, New England and Indy are all built around explosive offenses, especially aggressive passing games.

2) The only reason that Herm started out better than Vermeil did in KC was because the Chiefs were in much better shape as a franchise when Herm inherited the team than they were when Vermeil replaced Goonther.

3) The fan base is fine, and is full of rationale, intelligent football fans who aren't blind zombies such as yourself.

1) To my knowledge, Dallas, Green Bay, New England and Indianapolis all have FANTASTIC defenses to compliment their dynamic offenses. So the Vermeil approach was flawed because he built an aggressive offense (BUILT AROUND THE RUN BY THE WAY) all the while fielding a defense that was the worst in the league.

2) Really? We lost our best offensive player a day before training camp and our franchise QB 45 minutes into the regular season. That team pulled off a miracle last year making the playoffs.

3) The fan base is a joke. No one gave a rats ass from opening kickoff on in Arrowhead on Sunday and we lead most of the game. That's not the Arrowhead I grew accustomed too as a kid. If you can't get up for a Chiefs/Raiders game at Arrowhead when your team is a game out of first...that's just absurd. I was more disappointed with the fairweather fans than I was with the outcome...

Hootie
11-27-2007, 03:54 PM
I think driving the ticket prices up so high has caused the diehard fan to watch the games on their plasma TV's on Sunday rather than spending $600 friggin' dollars at Arrowhead...thus all of the crazy fans that used to make that place shake were replaced by the rich folk who are more worried about how long it's going to take to get out of the stadium then giving the Chiefs that 12th man they have had for so many years...

The Arrowhead mystique is a thing of the past...and out of all the shitty things this season has brought for me as a Chiefs fan that feeling in Arrowhead (a game I was SO pumped for) was the worst one by far...

Like I said, I actually apologized to my two friends I brought to the game from Illinois because for YEARS I was always bragging about no one seeing a football game until they see one at Arrowhead.

What a joke. A disaster. I guess I'm starting to understand what everyone was warning me about being a Chiefs fan.

penguinz
11-27-2007, 03:57 PM
1) To my knowledge, Dallas, Green Bay, New England and Indianapolis all have FANTASTIC defenses to compliment their dynamic offenses. So the Vermeil approach was flawed because he built an aggressive offense (BUILT AROUND THE RUN BY THE WAY) all the while fielding a defense that was the worst in the league.
Dallas, Green Bay and new England are carried by their offenses. They win their games because of their offenses.

The Vermiel Chiefs being built around the run was a fluke. Priest was not signed to be the back he ended up being here.

2) Really? We lost our best offensive player a day before training camp and our franchise QB 45 minutes into the regular season. That team pulled off a miracle last year making the playoffs.
We did not lose Roaf the day before TC. There had been hints of this happening several months before TC.

3) The fan base is a joke. No one gave a rats ass from opening kickoff on in Arrowhead on Sunday and we lead most of the game. That's not the Arrowhead I grew accustomed too as a kid. If you can't get up for a Chiefs/Raiders game at Arrowhead when your team is a game out of first...that's just absurd. I was more disappointed with the fairweather fans than I was with the outcome...Why get overly excited about a team that had two more notches in the loss column that in the win column. Most die hard fans knew we had a really good chance of dropping this game also. It has nothing to do with being fair weather. It has to do with being realistic.

a1na2
11-27-2007, 04:01 PM

The issue as I see it isn't that he went for it on 4th and 1. The issue is that he was so damned predictable. They had the box stuffed. A bootleg would have netted a first down maybe a TD had TG broke loose after making his initial block.

No imagination is what kills the Chiefs offense, time and time again.

Bump
11-27-2007, 04:26 PM
do you think if we fired solari and picked up a good or solid OC, what do you think would happen? would Herm allow the offense to be good or would he rather have a crap offense? I'm not sure on this.

a1na2
11-27-2007, 05:44 PM
do you think if we fired solari and picked up a good or solid OC, what do you think would happen? would Herm allow the offense to be good or would he rather have a crap offense? I'm not sure on this.

We don't really know what solari is capable of IMO. Based on interviews with 'the Hermit' from the time he took over he was very clear about his method of playing the game. The OC will always be limited by 'the Hermit'.

HemiEd
11-27-2007, 06:07 PM

Your best post ever that I have read.

Bugeater
11-27-2007, 06:23 PM
I always love it when someone calls others' fandom into question.

Iowanian
11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
I've never welched on a bet on this forum. Ever.

Non-Truth.

gta0012
11-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Herms problems are:

time/clock/game manangement

offense

Thick Headed

He is thick headed because he still thinks his way of low scoring all defense football will lead KC to victory. He doesn't realize that he needs to change our gameplan based on our strengths and weaknesses.

a1na2
11-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Herms problems are:

time/clock/game manangement

offense

Thick Headed

He is thick headed because he still thinks his way of low scoring all defense football will lead KC to victory. He doesn't realize that he needs to change our gameplan based on our strengths and weaknesses.

Don't sugar coat it. Tell us what you really think!

;)

Manila-Chief
11-28-2007, 06:28 PM
We don't really know what solari is capable of IMO. Based on interviews with 'the Hermit' from the time he took over he was very clear about his method of playing the game. The OC will always be limited by 'the Hermit'.

Many have mentioned replacing the OC as a way of improving the team. IMHO that will not help because the OC is having to call Herm's way of playing offense. As someone said, were Herm to turn the OC loose and let him do his thing ... and, he fails, then I'd say fire him. No, OC has much of a chance to become successful under Herm's philosophy.

From what I've read I really like Herm as a person, but IMHO he will never become a successful NFL coach.

With 19 years (of a 5 year plan) of experience, I do believe there is amply evidence that Kingless is a failure. Yeah, he made the Hunts money but ...his team played in ... what ... only 1? AFC championship???? and has never played in the main game of the year.