PDA

View Full Version : Next year's expected wins

FringeNC
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
My guess is the Chiefs will be near the bottom when Vegas releases their over/under wins for next season. I am guessing 5 wins.

Just think about that for a second -- Herm will be going into his third and suppose the projection is that we will win 5-6 games. There is zero indications that things are getting better, and Vegas isn't going to award 2-3 wins because we have a first-round draft pick. All teams have a first-round draft pick!

Teams don't make dramatic improvement in offensive rankings having the same coach.

I ask the Herm supporters to take off their homer glasses and contemplate the question whether they believe dramatic improvement in the offense is going to happen next year. If so, you guys can make a lot of money betting the Chiefs over their win total for the season. IF NOT, how much longer should Herm have to turn things around?

Bump
11-27-2007, 04:20 PM
so what you're saying is we have no hope?

SPchief
11-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Lets go ahead and finish this season before we give up for next year.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Next year is the year for a weak schedule. We'll go 13-3 and lose in the first round.

Zouk
11-27-2007, 04:33 PM
We must be competitive next year for Herm to keep his job. Everyone knows that. I think the low expectations will be helpful for the team.

Buehler445
11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I ask the Herm supporters to take off their homer glasses and contemplate the question whether they believe dramatic improvement in the offense is going to happen next year. If so, you guys can make a lot of money betting the Chiefs over their win total for the season. IF NOT, how much longer should Herm have to turn things around?

Do we have anymore Herm supporters?

ChiefsFanInIndy
11-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Next year is the year for a weak schedule. We'll go 13-3 and lose in the first round.

That is assuming we get a lot better and the other teams stay weak. I bet other fans are looking at us on their schedule and assuming the same thing you are.

Bump
11-27-2007, 04:42 PM

I still wouldn't be too confident if we had a weak schedule or not. We will be crappy on offense until we get a dominating o-line and that usually doesn't happen in just a year.

HemiEd
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM
We must be competitive next year for Herm to keep his job. Everyone knows that. I think the low expectations will be helpful for the team.

I wish I could believe that. I think he is here for two more years. I think we hit rock bottom next year early. Can you say blackouts! 2008 is even worse for the ticket sales. But Herm had another great draft!! He picked up two OL and 7 more DBs ih the UFA pool!

HemiEd
11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Do we have anymore Herm supporters?

They are led by their President of the Herm Edwards fan club, DaneMcloud.

HemiEd
11-27-2007, 04:56 PM

See that is why it is hard to take you serious. There is only two games that are flex, since realignment a few years ago. Two games! You need to pay closer attention.

Spott
11-27-2007, 05:06 PM

Here's next year's schedule if the season ended today.

Home:

Oakland
Denver
San Diego
Buffalo
Miami
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Tennessee*

Away:

Oakland
Denver
San Diego
New England
NY Jets
Atlanta
Carolina
Cincinnati*

The teams with the * are the only teams that could change next year and are based on us being third in the division.

FringeNC
11-27-2007, 05:07 PM
I wish I could believe that. I think he is here for two more years. I think we hit rock bottom next year early. Can you say blackouts! 2008 is even worse for the ticket sales. But Herm had another great draft!! He picked up two OL and 7 more DBs ih the UFA pool!

Yeah, that's my fear. Given how far our offense has fallen, it'd be difficult for an offense guru like Jason Garrett to get it back to respectability next year. How the hell is someone like Herm going to do that? He'll play some younger players on the line next year, and that will be the excuse. Or us having a new offensive coordinator will be the excuse.

The offense has fallen so far -- has gotten so bad -- that it is extremely unrealistic to think that it will be even average next year.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2007, 05:09 PM
The offense has fallen so far -- has gotten so bad -- that it is extremely unrealistic to think that it will be even average next year.

Yep. We'll have to wait til the FOURTH YEAR to be a decent playoff team. If that even happens. :shake:

HemiEd
11-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Yep. We'll have to wait til the FOURTH YEAR to be a decent playoff team. If that even happens. :shake:

Here is one that nobody is even talking about, but it was very difficult hurdle for this team to get over.

When you suck real bad, like we are starting to, teams have a great amount of confidence that they are going to beat you. Conversely, your team has gotten so used to getting their asses handed to them, they have no confidence and wait for the other shoe to drop. That effects the outcome of games on that are close to going either way.

Call it BS if you want, but it is a factor. Next Herm will be saying we have all the pieces in place (2008-2009) but we just have to learn how to win.

HonestChieffan
11-27-2007, 06:07 PM
How can we fix the issues we have and be under the cap?....See no one wants to discuss that...with LJ, Tony, and Jareds big contracts going into the next coupple years...its gonna be ugly. We need an entire new O Line...we need Dbacks and we have got to give Bowe some help at WR cause eddys gonna be gone...

Next year will suck. Thats Herms year 3 of a 4 year contract...the pressure will be in 2 years, not next year.

Get used to it. We got screwed with Herm and it aint gonna change.