PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Controversy........

Logical
11-27-2007, 09:16 PM
I suggest we rename Washington D.C. forum as the Hall of Controversy as the policy has seemingly changed from the forum being reservered for political discussion to being the repository for controversial topics from politics to religion. It would be a more accurate forum name.

JBucc
11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
How about the insane asylum.

Delano
11-27-2007, 09:20 PM
The Aisle.

Which side of The Aisle are you on?

Logical
11-27-2007, 09:21 PM
How about the insane asylum.That is kind of funny but I am not sure it does not apply more to the Lounge.

Simplex3
11-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Why not call it "Come Beat Your Head On A Brick Wall"?

JohninGpt
11-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Winner!

Thig Lyfe
11-27-2007, 09:26 PM
How about "Poopy Farts"?

You know, to lighten the mood.

JBucc
11-27-2007, 09:28 PM
That is kind of funny but I am not sure it does not apply more to the Lounge.I think it applies...you know that definition of insanity that goes around, and what they say about political/religious arguments.

Donger
11-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Heh. Yes, let's argue about the name of the political lounge. By all means, proceed.

TrebMaxx
11-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Or how about the "Forum TrebMaxx will never go into"?

Deberg_1990
11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
How about "The Lefts Looney Bin"

Simplex3
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Just make sure you people let me know before you change it so I can be sure and check CPIggy against the new name.

kcxiv
11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
one thing i learned a long time ago is that Political and Religion forums are never ending debates. Its not even worth it to get into a discussion there.

Skip Towne
11-27-2007, 10:20 PM
I learned nearly 50 years ago not to argue race, politics or religion. A lot of people don't know that.

Simplex3
11-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I learned nearly 50 years ago not to argue race, politics or religion. A lot of people don't know that.
It took you 63 years to learn that?

FAX
11-27-2007, 11:52 PM

ROFL

FAX

RJ
11-28-2007, 12:06 AM
How about:

"I Am Smarter Than You and Have the Link to Prove It"

Prometheus
11-28-2007, 12:12 AM
That place does seem full of, well, arrogant asses and blowhards. I've also noticed you seem to be quite prolific there.

HonestChieffan
11-28-2007, 07:47 AM
I guess a return to the gold standard, closing the borders, and burning books can lead to some immoderate discussions.

It is fun to read some of the posts. Helps you understand why we are in the shape we are in.

patteeu
11-28-2007, 08:09 AM
How about instead of renaming it, we just merge DC and the other major subforums back into the Lounge like it used to be back in the good old days? Who knows, maybe Mr. Blonde would come back too.

go bo
11-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I suggest we rename Washington D.C. forum as the Hall of Controversy as the policy has seemingly changed from the forum being reservered for political discussion to being the repository for controversial topics from politics to religion. It would be a more accurate forum name.yeah, it seems like things are changing since phobia resigned as an administrator...

i worry that this will devolve into a kc star type situation...

in general, censorship is a bad thing...

wasn't censorship at the star board a big part of why chiefsplanet was created?

when i first came to the planet, it was a breath of fresh air...

any and every topic was permitted, unlike any other board that i am aware of...

the creation of d.c. was the first step in "sanitizing" the board and removing topics that some people objected to...

now, it appears that threads are being moved to d.c. if anybody complains about their content...

isn't controlling content a form of censorship?

well, it is to me...

i worry that censorship will kill cp and transform it into no more than a slightly glorified chiefs coalition board...

i want my planet back... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

go bo
11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
How about instead of renaming it, we just merge DC and the other major subforums back into the Lounge like it used to be back in the good old days? Who knows, maybe Mr. Blonde would come back too.clearly the best idea i've seen...

that's what made cp so engaging...

any and all discussion was welcomed...

i fear those days are behind us now, never to be regained...

this sucks, to put it mildly... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Adept Havelock
11-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I like it, but I prefer my suggestion if it must remain separate:

The Ministry of Silly Thoughts

That works too.

StcChief
11-28-2007, 01:38 PM
How about "The Lefts Looney Bin"

winner thread closed.

Brock
11-28-2007, 02:05 PM
i want my planet back... :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

This isn't a political board, deal with it. Nobody is interested in returning to this board having the front page cluttered with post after post from jaz and ringleader.

dirk digler
11-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I think a mod should merge and sticky all the Ron Paul threads into 1 and that would get rid of half the crap in there

go bo
11-28-2007, 02:24 PM
This isn't a political board, deal with it. Nobody is interested in returning to this board having the front page cluttered with post after post from jaz and ringleader.well, maby you think that way. but this was an open board before the creation of d.c.

and it's not quite true that "nobody" is interested...

unless you don't count anyone who disagrees with the great and all-knowing brock...

this was a "political board" when i got here, together with any and all other topics, including football...

d.c. is still a political board and "nobody" cares what you say about it...

so there, put that in your pipe and smoke it...

here's an idea for you, if you don't want to see what you consider to be objectionalbe topics, including politics, then maby you'd be better off just staying the hell out of d.c. altogether...

go ahead and bitch if you want to...

it's the one thing you do so well... :p :p :p

Brock
11-28-2007, 02:38 PM
here's an idea for you, if you don't want to see what you consider to be objectionalbe topics, including politics, then maby you'd be better off just staying the hell out of d.c. altogether...

You're a confused individual.

Simplex3
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
How about instead of renaming it, we just merge DC and the other major subforums back into the Lounge like it used to be back in the good old days? Who knows, maybe Mr. Blonde would come back too.
Mr. Blonde might come back but I'd be gone.

dirk digler
11-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Mr. Blonde might come back but I'd be gone.

We can't let that happen :)