PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Chiefs Spin from KCChiefs.com

KCJohnny
11-28-2007, 03:43 PM
[Herm Edwards owns a 5-2 overall record against the Chargers and will be seeking to guide the Chiefs to their first sweep of San Diego since 2003. He leads a Kansas City squad that has won nine of its last 10 meetings with the Chargers at Arrowhead. Chargers head coach Norv Turner has never defeated the Chiefs, owning an 0-6 record vs. Kansas City as a head coach.
Kansas City’s defense continues to rank among of the league’s best in a number of key areas and will face a San Diego squad full of offensive threats. The Chiefs are second in the NFL, allowing offensive TDs on just 12.3% of opponents’ drives (16 TDs on 130 drives). Prior to MNF, only Pittsburgh (13) had allowed fewer offensive TDs than KC (16). KC is also second in the NFL in Red Zone defense (34.6% TD pct.) and leads the league in goal-to-go defense (45.5% TD pct.). The Chiefs will attempt to corral Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson who has registered back-to-back 100-yard outings against KC and accumulated 154 yards of total offense in the first meeting between these two squads this season.
WR Dwayne Bowe enjoyed a breakout performance in his first outing against San Diego, becoming just the fifth KC rookie to ever register a 100-yard receiving game. In that contest, Bowe hauled in eight passes for 164 yards, including a 51-yard TD reception. Another rookie stepped into the spotlight last week when RB Kolby Smith registered 150 rushing yards in his initial NFL start, the fifth-highest single-game total by a rookie in KC history.]

Dang. These guys write well. I'm almost ready to drink the kool aid.
Go Chiefs!
:arrow:

El Jefe
11-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Could be a good game, or a blowout, I hope for the first.

KCJohnny
11-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Could be a good game, or a blowout, I hope for the first.

Looks like Herm owns the Bolts. I'm definitley not afraid of Norv. The only way we lose this game is if we beat ourselves.

Which is plausible.:banghead:

Dave Lane
11-28-2007, 03:50 PM
[Herm Edwards owns a 5-2 overall record against the Chargers and will be seeking to guide the Chiefs to their first sweep of San Diego since 2003. He leads a Kansas City squad that has won nine of its last 10 meetings with the Chargers at Arrowhead. Chargers head coach Norv Turner has never defeated the Chiefs, owning an 0-6 record vs. Kansas City as a head coach.
Kansas City’s defense continues to rank among of the league’s best in a number of key areas and will face a San Diego squad full of offensive threats. The Chiefs are second in the NFL, allowing offensive TDs on just 12.3% of opponents’ drives (16 TDs on 130 drives). Prior to MNF, only Pittsburgh (13) had allowed fewer offensive TDs than KC (16). KC is also second in the NFL in Red Zone defense (34.6% TD pct.) and leads the league in goal-to-go defense (45.5% TD pct.). The Chiefs will attempt to corral Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson who has registered back-to-back 100-yard outings against KC and accumulated 154 yards of total offense in the first meeting between these two squads this season.
WR Dwayne Bowe enjoyed a breakout performance in his first outing against San Diego, becoming just the fifth KC rookie to ever register a 100-yard receiving game. In that contest, Bowe hauled in eight passes for 164 yards, including a 51-yard TD reception. Another rookie stepped into the spotlight last week when RB Kolby Smith registered 150 rushing yards in his initial NFL start, the fifth-highest single-game total by a rookie in KC history.]

Dang. These guys write well. I'm almost ready to drink the kool aid.
Go Chiefs!

Wow thats almost as good as 9 games in a row vs the Raiders and not having lost a game to the raiders at Arrowhead in 5 years. Herm is god!

Yeah baby!

Dave

KCJohnny
11-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Wow thats almost as good as 9 games in a row vs the Raiders and not having lost a game to the raiders at Arrowhead in 5 years. Herm is god!

Yeah baby!

Dave
Apples and oranges. Herm is 5-2 vs SD. That's his coaching record. The TEAM had a 9 game win streak vs Oakland.

Although I will never forgive Herm for losing to Oakland in Arrowhead...
:#

RealSNR
11-28-2007, 03:56 PM
We're going to lose. Look at the trend of breaking habits this year:

-Start a drafted QB with the plan of keeping him as the starter for years

-Lose to the Raiders, first time in 9 games

-Lose to Brett Favre, who had never beaten KC previously

-Defense is playing lights out on the road. Still manage to lose games (nothing new here)

percysnow
11-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I hope they lose. . we better get a good draft pick. .if we go 8 and 8 or something that would suck. .

Messier
11-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Wow! a pro chiefs post on the official Kansas City Chiefs web site!?! Those homers!!

StcChief
11-28-2007, 04:24 PM
SD can use this BS for locker room fodder.

we are gonna get our a$$ handed to us.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
The only way we lose this game is if we beat ourselves. Which is plausible.:banghead:

Batshit as always.

San Diego is better in all three phases of the game. The only way we win this game is if they beat themselves.

DMAC
11-28-2007, 04:43 PM
We'll win. Why? Because there will be two habits we won't break this year...having a mediocre record and middle of the round draft pick.

Jeez, thank God for Mizzou.

FAX
11-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Man, I feel better.

FAX

BigChiefFan
11-28-2007, 04:55 PM
It's going to be close, IMO. Unless LT lights it up early, I don't see San Diego taking us to the woodshed. I still think they are the better team in regards to players, so I give them the edge.

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
We're going to lose. Look at the trend of breaking habits this year:

-Start a drafted QB with the plan of keeping him as the starter for years

-Lose to the Raiders, first time in 9 games

-Lose to Brett Favre, who had never beaten KC previously

-Defense is playing lights out on the road. Still manage to lose games (nothing new here)

The X 29 year old record of now allowing a Raider to rush for 100 at Arrowhead is the one that pisses me off.

beach tribe
11-28-2007, 05:02 PM
We lose a close one. Herm will probably be at fault.

We will have a two point lead, and posession. Herm will proceed to run two draws punt on third down. The defense will be panting, and will falter.

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Man, I feel better.

FAX

I took mine right after lunch.

KCJohnny
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I hope your misery increases tenfold with a Chiefs VICTORY.
Go Chiefs!

KC Dan
11-28-2007, 06:24 PM
What does everyone expect the Chiefs website to state? That the team is in total rebuild mode and there is a snowball's chance that the Chiefs will beat SD on Sunday? They are frantically trying to continue the positive spin to keep the seats full. That is all...

KCJohnny
11-28-2007, 06:31 PM
What does everyone expect the Chiefs website to state? That the team is in total rebuild mode and there is a snowball's chance that the Chiefs will beat SD on Sunday? They are frantically trying to continue the positive spin to keep the seats full. That is all...

Yes, but they are using facts to make their case. They are being very 'creative' with those facts, but they are facts, nonetheless.

chiefforlife
11-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Herm has NEVER lost a game to the Chargers on Decembr 2nd!!!

We cant lose!

Chiefspants
11-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Herm is Undefeated as a coach from February to July!
Super Bowl Baby!

FloridaMan88
11-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Pro-Chiefs spin from KCChiefs.com???

I'm shocked... SHOCKED... SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!