PDA

View Full Version : Carl Peterson WILL be GM through 2009....

OnTheWarpath15
11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
According to Bob Fescoe......

I know there are a LOT of guys here who don't like him, but felt this should be posted anyway. Hell, it may not be news to some of you.

So I stop to get gas this afternoon at a station that has a fast food joint attached to it. Turns out the all-sports station is doing a live remote from there, so I pay for my gas and go in to check it out.

Turns out that Fescoe is subbing for one of the regular hosts, and they're in commercial break. I walked up to him, said hello, and that I was a STH, if I could ask him a question about the organization. He said "sure."

So I ask him about Clark's relationship with Carl, and if there's any chance that Clark fires Carl and cleans house.

His response? No way.

He said he spoke to Clark right before he moved to STL, and that Clark said that pretty much no matter what happens, Carl will be GM through his current contract (end of 2009 season) and that after that he would be moved into a "Jack Steadman" role with the organization.

I wanted to ask if he (Clark) felt the same about Herm, but they were coming back from commercial, so I thanked him for his time and left.

Fire away......

Sanka
11-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I dont feel so good.

Coach
11-28-2007, 05:41 PM
If true, then Clark is guilty for not acting in time. :shake:

Micjones
11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
*Sigh*

*Grabs ski mask, gloves and 9mm pistol.*

CupidStunt
11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
How much did he charge you for this insider information?

OnTheWarpath15
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
How much did he charge you for this insider information?

Fescoe received nothing.

The gas station received $51.00.

:)

CoMoChief
11-28-2007, 05:48 PM
All about money. If Carl doesnt sell tickets and fans don't show up, Carl would certainly lose his job.

The Hunts are business men, Carl makes them money....a shit ton of money. They are making GREAT return on their $25k investment, why change things when Carl keeps the Chiefs competitive enough to keep people in the seats at Arrowhead? The Hunts make approx $50M on this team a season, they seem to be happy with it so why change it?

CoMoChief
11-28-2007, 05:50 PM
As far as being a team president and CEO, I dont think there are too many people better at their job than Carl.

Carls biggest mistake is that he consistently dips his penis in the player personnel dept and selects coaches that he personally knows from a past history, knowing that person will eventually become his puppet.

And Carl is WAAAY too stubborn to change his ways because he knows he has a lifetime appt to this title.

thehead
11-28-2007, 05:51 PM
:Poke: ouch

OnTheWarpath15
11-28-2007, 05:52 PM
As far as being a team president and CEO, I dont think there are too many people better at their job than Carl.

Carls biggest mistake is that he consistently dips his penis in the player personnel dept.

I agree, and Fescoe said the same thing.

He's a great businessman, but needs to keep the **** out of the football side of the operation.

Not likely to happen until at least the end of 2009....

:(

The Franchise
11-28-2007, 05:52 PM
I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Coach
11-28-2007, 05:55 PM
All about money. If Carl doesnt sell tickets and fans don't show up, Carl would certainly lose his job.

The Hunts are business men, Carl makes them money....a shit ton of money. They are making GREAT return on their $25k investment, why change things when Carl keeps the Chiefs competitive enough to keep people in the seats at Arrowhead? The Hunts make approx $50M on this team a season, they seem to be happy with it so why change it?

I understand the Hunts are business men. However, if the Hunts are concentrating only on right now, and not to the future, then the franchise is going to be in worse shape than they currently are right now.

Chief Chief
11-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I walked up to him, said hello, and that I was a STH,..."

STH?

What does that mean?

Sexually Transmitted Heeby-jeeby?

Street Talkin' Ho?

Sweet Talkin' Homosexual?

OnTheWarpath15
11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
STH?

What does that mean?

Sexually Transmitted Heeby-jeeby?

Street Talkin' Ho?

Sweet Talkin' Homosexual?

Season Ticket Holder.

kstater
11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Season Ticket Holder :shrug:

Hydrae
11-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Just shoot me now

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Now its time to start bashing ownership.

Clark sucks the penis.

BigRedChief
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Not surprising. Most of everything you read says the same thing. We are stuck with King Carl until 2009. :#

Rain Man
11-28-2007, 06:07 PM
(Hisssssssssssss.)

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2007, 06:35 PM
*Sigh*

*Grabs ski mask, gloves and 9mm pistol.*

Being a black man I can tell you the police are on their way to your house right now. ;)

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 06:51 PM
:spock:

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 06:53 PM
This is just horse Raiduhs

Damnit CLARK :cuss:

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 06:57 PM
This is just horse Raiduhs

Damnit CLARK :cuss:

Your time is better spent directling your displeasure about Herm Edwards IMO.

carlos3652
11-28-2007, 07:01 PM
STH = Real Fan

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Your time is better spent directling your displeasure about Herm Edwards IMO.

Actually no, CP has had 18 years to build us a championship team. I have more faith in Herm if CP would just go away.

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Actually no, CP has had 18 years to build us a championship team. I have more faith in Herm if CP would just go away.

CP will be there when I am pushing up daisies. Just think about this for a minute. The Chiefs would be admitting a mistake of major proportions if they fired him. They have made him their public figure. Carl Peterson is very competent at what he is hired and paid to do.

Herm on the other hand is an idiot.

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 07:10 PM
STH = Real Fan

I'd love to be a season ticket holder but that doesn't make me any less of a fan becouse I don't have season tickets. NOT everybody can be season ticket holders. I chearish every game I get to go to even if we lose I soke up the love of the game and the love I have for the Chiefs.

You can be a "Real" Chiefs fan with out being a STH.

Their must be a book about how to be a "Real" fan somewhere? I haven't read it.

kcfanXIII
11-28-2007, 07:22 PM
STH = Real Fan

this season, and next season, and even the next season STH = SUCKER as long as CP, is GM. you're no more of a fan than i am, just because i refuse to support a commitment to mediocrity. i .might go to a game next year, but this year i am through. i will not spend another dime at arrowhead as long as king carl is gm. we lost to the ****ING raiders. think about that. we have owned them at arrowhead for as long as i can remember (minus the gannon years). they hadn't won a divisional game in 17 chances. NO WAY is peterson getting another dime from me for this crap excuse for a football team.

edit: sorry, this is my first real vent about that.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Can we get a new owner please? Anyone but a Hunt??

kcfanXIII
11-28-2007, 07:26 PM

perhaps you'd prefer mr. glass?

Deberg_1990
11-28-2007, 07:34 PM
perhaps you'd prefer mr. glass?

No, i want an owner whos dedicated to building a winner and whos willing to do anything to become the best. Maybe even a little bit ruthless.

**** this Hunt loyalty crap.

Dr. Van Halen
11-28-2007, 07:38 PM
this season, and next season, and even the next season STH = SUCKER as long as CP, is GM. you're no more of a fan than i am, just because i refuse to support a commitment to mediocrity. i .might go to a game next year, but this year i am through. i will not spend another dime at arrowhead as long as king carl is gm. we lost to the ****ING raiders. think about that. we have owned them at arrowhead for as long as i can remember (minus the gannon years). they hadn't won a divisional game in 17 chances. NO WAY is peterson getting another dime from me for this crap excuse for a football team.

edit: sorry, this is my first real vent about that.

"STH = real fans" refers to a comment made by Peterson not too long ago. I don't think the poster was taking a shot at poor people or fair weather fans.

Speaking of which, refusing to go to a game for solely the reason that you don't like the GM is lame. I'm sorry, but if you truly are a fan and you have the money/interest/time to go see a game, you go.

If you are a fan, you endure the hard times too. These are the hard times. Yes, bitch about the gm. Yes, complain about the coaching.

But to to refuse to support the team at home is lame.

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 07:39 PM

For every owner better than the Hunts, there are ten worse IMO.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2007, 07:43 PM

That is very true. The only major flaw is letting Peterson in control of player personal for to long.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2007, 07:44 PM

Yep, right in the middle. Mediocre owner = mediocre team

Sully
11-28-2007, 07:46 PM
You think there are 29-30 owners worse than the Hunts?

Questionable.

Brock
11-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Let's get a Daniel Snyder type owner. You know, active and demanding.

Dr. Van Halen
11-28-2007, 07:49 PM

I hope that is sarcasm. Synder has been a disaster as an owner.

OnTheWarpath15

I can only hope you're being sarcastic.

Remind me: What have the Redskins done since Snyder took over?

Dr. Van Halen
That is very true. The only major flaw is letting Peterson in control of player personal for to long.

I agree if it's true. However, I blame Vermeil for most of our personnel woes right now.

stevieray
11-28-2007, 07:51 PM

yup, get rid of a team your dad owned for forty years, less than a year after his death...not to metion the 150 million you just put into your stadium... :rolleyes:

damn, just go be a Cowboy fan already...

Brock
11-28-2007, 07:53 PM
I hope that is sarcasm. Synder has been a disaster as an owner.

It was just a joke directed toward the dipshit "can we get a new owner" post.

RP_McMurphy
11-28-2007, 07:54 PM
As long as the Chiefs are making money Carl will be around. Unless fans start walk and not watch the Hunts won't listen.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Carl will leave the chiefs when he dies

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2007, 07:58 PM
How can anyone defend ownership now? They have let the current GM run the show since '89 with only 3 post-season wins, and none since '93.

Dr. Van Halen
11-28-2007, 07:59 PM
It was just a joke directed toward the dipshit "can we get a new owner" post.

Whew. The Hunts are pretty decent owners. Many of these owners are kind of insane. In a bad way.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
damn, just go be a Cowboy fan already...

Sometimes life would have been easier if i was born a Cowboy, Steeler or Patriots fan. :)

pikesome
11-28-2007, 08:10 PM
How can anyone defend ownership now? They have let the current GM run the show since '89 with only 3 post-season wins, and none since '93.

He makes them money. That's why he's still there. And it's unlikely Carl's going to quit doing that soon enough to get fired. Hell, I bet the team will do just fine at the bank over the next two years.

kcfanXIII
11-28-2007, 08:17 PM
"STH = real fans" refers to a comment made by Peterson not too long ago. I don't think the poster was taking a shot at poor people or fair weather fans.

Speaking of which, refusing to go to a game for solely the reason that you don't like the GM is lame. I'm sorry, but if you truly are a fan and you have the money/interest/time to go see a game, you go.

If you are a fan, you endure the hard times too. These are the hard times. Yes, bitch about the gm. Yes, complain about the coaching.

But to to refuse to support the team at home is lame.

perhaps i wasn't clear. i CHOOSE to not go to games anymore. i still support the team, and as soon as i am convinced it is not just about the money, i'll return to arrowhead. but carl has done nothing to prove this to be true. in fact, some argue its just the opposite. money talks and bull shit walks. you want anything done, all you gotta do is attack the pocket books of those making the most money. if people stop spending their money at arrowhead, clark hunt will make a business decision. there would be no reason to keep carl. the logic, "ya the team sucks, but he makes a lot of money" would no longer a valid argument.

Calcountry
11-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Now its time to start bashing ownership.

Clark sucks the penis.Ahhh, but you can't fire the owner. He can move the team if the fans turn on him

FloridaMan88
11-28-2007, 08:57 PM
This isn't surprising at all. Clark Hunt is a gutless loser just like his father.

Bob Kraft dreams of winning Super Bowls, Jerry Jones dreams of winning Super Bowls... the Hunt family dreams of bringing KU/MU games to Arrowhead and hosting games on Thanksgiving.

BigChiefFan
11-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Ahhh, but you can't fire the owner. He can move the team if the fans turn on him
Not for 25 years-they can't. They entered into a binding contract with Jackson County. The fans have all the play right now. Hearing this news makes me seriously reconsidering reupping my season tickets. Carl doesn't know jack shit about football skills. His drafts suck. Nineteen years is enough of helping support Carl's bank role. That douche should be run out of town ala the kicker who's name shall not be mentioned(also hired under Carl's watch BTW). This is Steadman part two. The Hunt's look at the Chiefs as an investment, not as a committment to football excellence.

L.A. Chieffan
11-28-2007, 09:06 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 09:10 PM

Not to mention that CP is the longest acting GM in sports for the same team and he has not won ONE Championship. I don't know how anyone could defend or is defending CP either.

Let's see if he can resign Jared Allen cus if he doesn't we are sol for a long time.

beach tribe
11-28-2007, 09:10 PM
ugh.

L.A. Chieffan
11-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Not to mention that CP is the longest acting GM in sports for the same team and he has not won ONE Championship. I don't know how anyone could defend or is defending CP either.

Let's see if he can resign Jared Allen cus if he doesn't we are sol for a long time.
CARL PETERSON IS THE HARDEST WORKING GM IN THE NFL AAAANND HE'S A CHRISTIAN MAN!!!!!!!!! I LOVE CARL PETERSON!@!

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 09:30 PM
CARL PETERSON IS THE HARDEST WORKING GM IN THE NFL AAAANND HE'S A CHRISTIAN MAN!!!!!!!!! I LOVE CARL PETERSON!@!

Ssshhh Please stop yelling we are trying to put the kids to bed. thanks.

Fish
11-28-2007, 09:31 PM
This isn't surprising at all. Clark Hunt is a gutless loser just like his father.

whoooahhh..... WTF?

Hammock Parties
11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Clark' is NOT going to tolerate a shitty product in his new stadium.

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 10:07 PM

It's not about who works the hardest or being a Christian man. I am a Christian man and I work my ass off at work. Last year I was the lead sales from our depot and I won a company paid trip to Cobo San-Lucas Mexico, (had the time of my life & got a :arrow: Tattoo while there :) ) Anyways, this year I aint making jack crap for sales and they are busting my balls and if I don't start getting sales new business then I could easilly be fired. That is just the way it is in our society.

I am not worried about Carl Peterson cus I think the man has made enough money for him and his family to live off of for a long time.

So in your logic that Carl Peterson is the hardest working GM and is a Christian, then what right does he have to fire Hard working Christian Coaches or players? He should have never fired any of our Christian coaches if we can't fire Carl Peterson becouse he is a Christian.

FloridaMan88
11-28-2007, 10:09 PM
whoooahhh..... WTF?

It is time to stop sugarcoating the fact that Lamar Hunt was a crappy owner, when it comes to commitment to fielding a winning team.

How else do you explain Lamar standing by Steadman and then Dictator Carl for as long as he did?

Fish
11-28-2007, 10:25 PM
It is time to stop sugarcoating the fact that Lamar Hunt was a crappy owner, when it comes to commitment to fielding a winning team.

How else do you explain Lamar standing by Steadman and then Dictator Carl for as long as he did?

Lamar did more for the National Football League than just about anyone. To call him a gutless loser is a slap in the face of everything the NFL stands for. You'd be bitching about a whole different league if it weren't for him.

Respect where the **** the NFL came from and grow up a little. ****ing whiny punk. You have no clue.

the Talking Can
11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
this frachise blows

L.A. Chieffan
11-28-2007, 10:33 PM
It's not about who works the hardest or being a Christian man. I am a Christian man and I work my ass off at work. Last year I was the lead sales from our depot and I won a company paid trip to Cobo San-Lucas Mexico, (had the time of my life & got a :arrow: Tattoo while there :) ) Anyways, this year I aint making jack crap for sales and they are busting my balls and if I don't start getting sales new business then I could easilly be fired. That is just the way it is in our society.

I am not worried about Carl Peterson cus I think the man has made enough money for him and his family to live off of for a long time.

So in your logic that Carl Peterson is the hardest working GM and is a Christian, then what right does he have to fire Hard working Christian Coaches or players? He should have never fired any of our Christian coaches if we can't fire Carl Peterson becouse he is a Christian.

You shoulda quit while you were ahead

Coach
11-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Clark' is NOT going to tolerate a shitty product in his new stadium.

We'll see. If he wasn't gonna tolerate a shitty product in his current stadium, then what difference is it gonna make when the New Arrowhead is completed?

Seriously, if I was the owner, and if my GM only gave me zero wins in the playoffs since 93, I would had shitcanned his ass long ago.

Coach
11-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Lamar did more for the National Football League than just about anyone. To call him a gutless loser is a slap in the face of everything the NFL stands for. You'd be bitching about a whole different league if it weren't for him.

Respect where the **** the NFL came from and grow up a little. ****ing whiny punk. You have no clue.

I have a whole alot of respect for Lamar, don't get me wrong. However, KCChiefsfan88 does bring up a good point. How can we explain on why Lamar wanted to hang on to Carl after as long as he did?

I think Lamar's loyalty may have played a role into this, just like Vermeil's loyalty on older players over the younger players.

I never understood why Lamar would want to extend Carl another 5 years before his passing. When Carl had that extension, most of everybody on this board was pissed.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2007, 10:45 PM
We'll see. If he wasn't gonna tolerate a shitty product in his current stadium, then what difference is it gonna make when the New Arrowhead is completed?

Because Clark's family has sunk damn near 200 million of their own money into this project.

morphius
11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I have a whole alot of respect for Lamar, don't get me wrong. However, KCChiefsfan88 does bring up a good point. How can we explain on why Lamar wanted to hang on to Carl after as long as he did?

I think Lamar's loyalty may have played a role into this, just like Vermeil's loyalty on older players over the younger players.

I never understood why Lamar would want to extend Carl another 5 years before his passing. When Carl had that extension, most of everybody on this board was pissed.
The reason Lamar did it was simple, he loved that Arrowhead had become such a big deal to the fans, and he knew that Carl played a huge part in turning it around from the 80's. He had a passion for sports and enjoyed the fact that people were making a big party out of coming to see his team play. I think that, on top of the fact that he was very loyal, is why, plain and simple.

pikesome
11-28-2007, 10:49 PM

Maybe Lamar thought a bird in the hand was better than hiring Matt Millian. It's easy to look back and say he should have done this and that but Carl wasn't and isn't shitty, just ehh... Maybe the team would have been worse if he took a more active roll, it's hard to say.

The loyalty is annoying but Lamar put his heart and soul in to the AFL and the Chiefs, maybe he thought it was hard to get rid of someone who did so much to secure the Chiefs in KC. Perhaps "in contention" was far better to Lamar than, maybe, relocating or selling if the team floundered.

Coach
11-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Because Clark's family has sunk damn near 200 million of their own money into this project.

I wish Clark would at least be a little bit more aggressive. I wasn't quite too happy when Herm came onboard, and I wish he would had at least tell Carl "no."

Herm has lost three in a row at Arrowhead. Not even Gunther at head coach could do that. I should also point out that Gun's teams were less talented than this one.

I mean, several people have pointed out that this team is 'more talented' than DV's teams, or Gun's teams over the course of this season, yet we're 4-7 and people still support Herm.

So... if he has more talent... and wins less games... isn't that a BAD thing, especially business wise?

Cut your losses (Carl and Herm) and move on is probably the best business choice Clark would make at the end of the season.

Mecca
11-28-2007, 10:59 PM
it's nice to talk about what he did in the 60's and being a part of the NFL, but that doesn't change what he and this franchise became in the recent years...

For quite awhile it has looked as if the Chiefs didn't care nearly as much about winning a bowl as numerous other franchises.

11-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Not surprising. Most of everything you read says the same thing. We are stuck with King Carl until 2009. :#
Which, in turn, means we are stuck with Herm until then too.

Coach
11-28-2007, 11:01 PM
The reason Lamar did it was simple, he loved that Arrowhead had become such a big deal to the fans, and he knew that Carl played a huge part in turning it around from the 80's. He had a passion for sports and enjoyed the fact that people were making a big party out of coming to see his team play. I think that, on top of the fact that he was very loyal, is why, plain and simple.

I understand that, but again, it boils down to one thing. Playoff wins. It's like, Tampa while a medicore team before Dungy, and when Dungy came in, Tampa was winning their games, but just couldn't get far in the playoffs.

When Dungy was fired, and Gruden came in, Tampa (probably by sheer luck) somehow won a Super Bowl.

Again, I appreciate what Lamar have done for the NFL and the Chiefs, and don't get me wrong, but he did also kept Steadman and Peterson a little tad too long than he should have, IMHO.

Mecca
11-28-2007, 11:05 PM
A tad? No other franchise in the league would have kept those guys for half that time..

Peterson likely would have been gone after 97 with most franchises.

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 11:12 PM
You think there are 29-30 owners worse than the Hunts?

Questionable.

There are only a couple I would prefer, everyones darling the Krafts right now of course being one of them. The Steelers ownership has been another good model. Who else?

Mojo Rising
11-28-2007, 11:13 PM

I think Lamar had more passion for fielding a winner when he was trying to break into the NFL. It seems that after the merger and the SB win his interest waned.

He then became enamored with Soccer and wanted to make that America's sport. It seemed like that was more important that fielding a winner.

He also seemed to get kind of cheap. The year after Priest and Green were extended we were told that we didn't add the necesarry D help because Holems and Greens bonuses were spread over 2 years.

I could understand Holmes because he was coming off an injury, but both? And then using that as an excuse as to why we couldn't add the much needed D help.

Once I would like to be accused of cheating the cap.

Plus, he put Steadman in the Ring of Fame.

Mecca
11-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Hell I'd rather have Jerry Jones.

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Which, in turn, means we are stuck with Herm until then too.

I think he could be gone sooner, if the fans show their displeasure strong enough.

Coach
11-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Maybe Lamar thought a bird in the hand was better than hiring Matt Millian. It's easy to look back and say he should have done this and that but Carl wasn't and isn't shitty, just ehh... Maybe the team would have been worse if he took a more active roll, it's hard to say.

The loyalty is annoying but Lamar put his heart and soul in to the AFL and the Chiefs, maybe he thought it was hard to get rid of someone who did so much to secure the Chiefs in KC. Perhaps "in contention" was far better to Lamar than, maybe, relocating or selling if the team floundered.

Yes, CP is doing a good job off-the-field, potentionally bringing a Super Bowl to Kansas City. I'll give him and Lamar credit for that, for the most part. Personally though, I don't give a flying f**k about what Carl does on the off-the-field. It's on-the-field what really matters the most. Carl and Marty were doing not too shabby early on during the early 90's, but ever since the Chiefs crashed and burned during the 1998 season, all it's been is medicority. Since 1998, only two f**king playoff appearences, and zero wins.

Say it again, only slower.

Two f**king playoff appearence, and zero wins!

This is unacceptable.

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 11:23 PM

His negatives outweigh the positives for me. I prefer the owner not to show up the Coach.

Rasputin
11-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Yes, CP is doing a good job off-the-field, potentionally bringing a Super Bowl to Kansas City. I'll give him and Lamar credit for that, for the most part. Personally though, I don't give a flying f**k about what Carl does on the off-the-field. It's on-the-field what really matters the most. Carl and Marty were doing not too shabby early on during the early 90's, but ever since the Chiefs crashed and burned during the 1998 season, all it's been is medicority. Since 1998, only two f**king playoff appearences, and zero wins.

Say it again, only slower.

Two f**king playoff appearence, and zero wins!

This is unacceptable.

CP = NO Super Bowls in 18 years, what makes anybody think that he KNOWs how to build us a Championship team? O Super Bowls!!! It's not like we won a playoff game since 1993. Oh well, we got two more years and then 2010 is our year :drool:

Raiderhater
11-28-2007, 11:39 PM

Yet another quality post brought to you from Mecca....

Mecca
11-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Yet another quality post brought to you from Mecca....

Who's won more Superbowls?

Raiderhater
11-28-2007, 11:47 PM

Anyone who WANTS Jerry Jones as an owner is crazy, SBs or not.

Mecca
11-28-2007, 11:49 PM
And Jerry is funny...

RustShack
11-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I think he could be gone sooner, if the fans show their displeasure strong enough.

I think Carl gets the boot before Herm does.

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 11:52 PM

For some of us, there is more to it than that. I would have jumped off a bridge years ago, if winning a Superbowl was the only thing that mattered.

Mecca
11-28-2007, 11:53 PM
I thought that was what it was all about.....isn't winning the name of the game?

HemiEd
11-28-2007, 11:56 PM
I think Carl gets the boot before Herm does.

That would shock the heck out of me. Carl is not an embarrassment to the franchise, but Herm is.
I can envision Clark listening to Herms news conferences and frowning, saying to himself "how did we end up with this idiot?"

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Winning, and winning a SB are extremes. It is a goal, but it is not the only thing for me. Ever heard the term "enjoy the journey?"

After the '98 playoff loss, I had to re-focus out of self preservation. I already had Lamar holding that trophy.

Now, my new goal is just to see a HC that has it between the ears that can do the job.

Rasputin
11-29-2007, 12:13 AM
That would shock the heck out of me. Carl is not an embarrassment to the franchise, but Herm is.
I can envision Clark listening to Herms news conferences and frowning, saying to himself "how did we end up with this idiot?"

Not an embarrassment? What part of not winning a Super Bowl? Or winning a playoff game since 1993? He is not an embarrassment? Oh, btw Carl thanks for not resigning big John Tait for us, thanks for letting Neil Smith go to the fn Broncos, thanks for not using Gannon instead of Elvi Grrbiatch, thanks for Ryan Simms, Willie Bartee, Jr. Siavii, thanks for Steve Bono, Dave Krieg, Huard, thanks for waisting 18 years on old reject QBs, thanks for hireing Herm Edwards, thanks for letting a pro bowl FB go Tony Rich, thanks for getting rid of Donnie Edwards the first time, thanks, did I mention Jr. Siavii & Ryan Simms?

Extra Point
11-29-2007, 12:20 AM
The Chiefs are worth $30/$45/$22 a seat, plus $10 for parking. If they're going to play like the mid-seventies thru the mid eighties, they should price admission accordingly.

The ownership makes so much on TV, apparel, concessions, and other revenue, that the ticket holders are getting screwed.

Imagine at least 2 blackouts next season.

RedThat
11-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Anyone who WANTS Jerry Jones as an owner is crazy, SBs or not.

Right anyone who wants an owner who cares and is willing to COMPETE is crazy. :rolleyes:

RedThat
11-29-2007, 01:21 AM
I hate this franchise. But deep down in my I heart I love them as well. Does that make sense?

Im just bitter that there is no fire, passion or any emotion whatsoever shown in terms of building a championship team here. Our ownership cares about money rather than rewarding the fans of Kansas City a good football team. It's a shame because Kansas City has good fans and they deserve better.

People may think Im crazy, but I hope the Chiefs end up losing. I hope they become really garbage. Lets get some 4-12s, 5-11 seasons in here lose some fanbase and then maybe Clarks head can do a 360.

MadMax
11-29-2007, 01:46 AM
I thought that was what it was all about.....isn't winning the name of the game?

Not according to Clark, Carl and Herm....People still worship the Hunt's. but I don't...Actions speak a whole lot louder than words :( Sad thing is we may NEVER be good. Merry Christmas! lol Do I hold out hope? Hell ya, this is the team i've died with for way too many years. Can't change nor will I. I'm gonna ride the pain train till the end lol

blueballs
11-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Isn't Fesco the dipshit that asked Vermeil
if they could move Dunn to a offense line spot
and Vermeil more or less called him a idiot

CupidStunt
11-29-2007, 05:00 AM
Some people just don't understand how football works. Daniel Snyder, right now, is a great owner. OWNER. He does what owners need to do: spends money, demands success, makes tough decisions and leaves football operations in the hands of his football people. You simply can't measure an owner by the success of his franchise; you have to look at what the owner has done, and if the owner has spent, hired and fired new people and put it in their hands, you really can't blame him.

This is EXACTLY what Bob Kraft does, only Bob Kraft has good football people. He essentially lucked into Belichick, but at least he took a chance. That's what you have to do. And it's why Clark Hunt will never be a great owner: he's playing status quo with an organization that isn't succeeding.

Hunt has shown ample willingness to spend, but he isn't making the tough decisions (fire Carl) and demanding the success that Chiefs fans want.

We could only be so lucky as to have Dan Snyder buy this franchise. He would IMMEDIATELY fire every roach in the front office along with Herm Edwards, bring in a new, up-and-coming GM and tell him to "win a f**king championship!".

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Some people just don't understand how football works. Daniel Snyder, right now, is a great owner. OWNER. He does what owners need to do: spends money, demands success, makes tough decisions and leaves football operations in the hands of his football people. You simply can't measure an owner by the success of his franchise; you have to look at what the owner has done, and if the owner has spent, hired and fired new people and put it in their hands, you really can't blame him.

ROFL

HonestChieffan
11-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Carl is here and Herm is here till contracts run out. Like it or not, get used to it.

I dont like it either. BUT I will defend Clark Hunt on the basis of a contract is a contract and there are few enough men of honor who still believe that an agreement is an agreement.

Sure Id like to see Carl have the honor in his being to step aside on his own, but that wont happen...so settle in, relax a bit, remember its a game, and 2009 is not that far away. For those of us who have been on this Chiefs thing for over 25 years, 2 more years is nothing...then Mr Hunt can build "his" team. For now, give the guy some respect.

pikesome
11-29-2007, 08:53 AM

This is EXACTLY what Bob Kraft does, only Bob Kraft has good football people. He essentially lucked into Belichick, but at least he took a chance. That's what you have to do. And it's why Clark Hunt will never be a great owner: he's playing status quo with an organization that isn't succeeding.

Hunt has shown ample willingness to spend, but he isn't making the tough decisions (fire Carl) and demanding the success that Chiefs fans want.

We could only be so lucky as to have Dan Snyder buy this franchise. He would IMMEDIATELY fire every roach in the front office along with Herm Edwards, bring in a new, up-and-coming GM and tell him to "win a f**king championship!".

Snyder is CP only less competent. Nothing he's done has made them competitive but he's sure made them profitable. Most of the football decision in Washington were instant WTF moments. He used his deep pockets to pick up players and coaches that would make fans think they were going all the way only to crush their dreams. Since Snyder they have a worse record than the Chiefs. People go on and on about how great an owner he is, he's not unless you look at the bank statement, just like CP for GM's.

Chiefnj2
11-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Carl and Herm aren't going anywhere.

Carl has 2 years left, he isn't going to change to a new coach at this point.

Deal with it for 2 years and/or find a 2nd favorite team.

Skip Towne
11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
His negatives outweigh the positives for me. I prefer the owner not to show up.
Fixed it

CupidStunt
11-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Snyder is CP only less competent. Nothing he's done has made them competitive but he's sure made them profitable. Most of the football decision in Washington were instant WTF moments. He used his deep pockets to pick up players and coaches that would make fans think they were going all the way only to crush their dreams. Since Snyder they have a worse record than the Chiefs. People go on and on about how great an owner he is, he's not unless you look at the bank statement, just like CP for GM's.

"Snyder is CP"? "Owner is general manager"?

Further proving my initial point.

pikesome
11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
"Snyder is CP"? "Owner is general manager"?

Further proving my initial point.

The comparison is because both of them are only "good" if your counting dollars. Football-wise, they suck, plain and simple.

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 09:52 AM
More carl?!?! - So it WILL be a merry Christmas after all!

CupidStunt
11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
The comparison is because both of them are only "good" if your counting dollars. Football-wise, they suck, plain and simple.

The comparison is invalid. One's a GM and one's an owner. The comparison should be between Hunt and Snyder, and Snyder absolutely blows Hunt away.

Both spend, although Snyder's prepared to open his wallet more often, but Snyder has a much clearer passion for winning and has shown no mercy when it comes to firing and hiring new coaches.

As I said, if Snyder bought the Chiefs, he'd shitcan every loser at One Arrowhead Drive and within a month we'd have a true direction. That may not work out, but it's worth a shot.

I applaud anyone who is able to put up with the embarrassment that is the Chiefs right now. I deal with it because I root for the players, but I sure as hell wish I could stray my eyes away from the games, if for nothing else than to make a point.

At least Redskins fans know that if their team sucks, Snyder will do something about it. We'll be sucking for many more years unless Clark Hunt grows a set.

chiefsfan1963
11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Carl Peterson WILL be GM through 2009..

That sucks for us. :(

pikesome
11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
The comparison is invalid. One's a GM and one's an owner. The comparison should be between Hunt and Snyder, and Snyder absolutely blows Hunt away.

This F'n stupid. The Redskin's have been crap compared to the Chiefs over the same period. They have 2 WC wins in a weak NFC. Sure I'd love the Chiefs to have the same but we're playing in a conference where, at least over the last few years, the WC teams could be division champs in the NFC. None of Snyder's moves have paid off well, what little they have done well has been pissed away with overpriced FAs and coaches.

Both spend, although Snyder's prepared to open his wallet more often, but Snyder has a much clearer passion for winning and has shown no mercy when it comes to firing and hiring new coaches.

Who says he has a "passion for winning"? He has a passion for dollars. If he's been working for a NFC/NFL championship he's doing a piss poor job. How many times did the Eagles win that division? Just cause he spends money doesn't means he wants to win, he wants to make as much money as possible and all his moves have done that really, really well.

As I said, if Snyder bought the Chiefs, he'd shitcan every loser at One Arrowhead Drive and within a month we'd have a true direction. That may not work out, but it's worth a shot.

And, if history follows, replace them with an equally shitty FO/staff and charge us 2X as much to root for them.

I applaud anyone who is able to put up with the embarrassment that is the Chiefs right now. I deal with it because I root for the players, but I sure as hell wish I could stray my eyes away from the games, if for nothing else than to make a point.

At least Redskins fans know that if their team sucks, Snyder will do something about it. We'll be sucking for many more years unless Clark Hunt grows a set.

Redskin's fans should know what they're going to get from Snyder, higher prices and the same level of crap. All the roster churn, coaching hires, all of that stuff is just marketing to keep interest high. It hasn't, and probably won't, help them do anything of a football bent.

RedThat
11-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Carl Peterson WILL be GM through 2009..

That sucks for us. :(

It's all about the business.

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 12:08 PM
It's all about the business.

yeah it is, and Carl's been giving us fans the business for years....