PDA

View Full Version : Valvano

Sully
11-28-2007, 06:13 PM
When I saw it back when I was in high school it moved me, and every time I've seen it since, it has moved me to near tears (did it just get dusty in here?) But Valvano's speech at the ESPYs was flat out inspiring.
They just showed the whole thing on ESPN again... and once again....

well, you know...

My favorite piece of the speech is not the part that is aired the most... it's this:

“To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.”

Buns
11-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Definitely one of the best and most genuine speeches ever. I didn't like the part where he says his cancer is killing him or something. Everyone kind of froze in the audience, but he was on a different level.

Sully
11-28-2007, 06:34 PM
It's amazing to me to see his energy while he gives that speech... and realize he had to be helped to the stage...

Simply Red
11-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah dude, That was some serious stuff. RIP JV!

Ebolapox
11-28-2007, 08:50 PM
one of the greatest speeches of all-time (if such things can be ranked)... moving to say the least

Fish
11-28-2007, 09:08 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePXlkqkFH6s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePXlkqkFH6s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hadn't seen that in a long time. It has more meaning now. Thanks.

ChiefsFanatic
11-29-2007, 02:57 AM
I am moved to tears every time I see it.

chagrin
11-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Hell yeah dude, I saw that as well - when the ESPY's were new and interesting. That speech is one of the best of all time, very moving and inspirational.

mikey23545
11-29-2007, 06:25 AM
#$%^@* allergies....