PDA

View Full Version : TEICHER-Injury could force Croyle to sit Sunday

C-Mac
11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Croyle (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/381400.html)

Injury could force Croyle to sit Sunday
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs quarterback Brodie Croyle was obviously out of sorts early in last week’s game against Oakland after he took a knee in the back from a Raiders player.

Croyle moved around in evident discomfort, wore a stimulating wrap while on the sideline and even retreated to the locker room at one point for an injection to deaden the pain.

But Croyle played through the pain, and the general assumption by outside observers was that he would be fine for this week’s game against San Diego at Arrowhead Stadium.

Those closer to Croyle realized otherwise.

“It didn’t look that bad, but you could tell it was bad,” reserve quarterback Tyler Thigpen said. “I know from the type of person Brodie is that he was hurting. Just from the way he was talking and holding his posture and everything, you could tell.”

Croyle wouldn’t discuss the exact nature of the injury. He didn’t practice Wednesday as the Chiefs began preparations for the Chargers game. He wasn’t confident he would be able to practice today or play on Sunday.

“If we can (practice) by Friday, we’ve got a good shot,” Croyle said. “I’m not in this thing deep enough where I can do the Steve McNair thing and not practice and then just go in and play. I’m still young in this league, and I still need all the snaps I can get.”

Coach Herm Edwards agreed that Croyle would play if he could practice by Friday.

“Remember, he’s taken (practice snaps) like a starter from the beginning,” Edwards said. “We’re not going to put him in harm’s way. If he’s not mobile enough to get out of the way (of the pass rush), then it doesn’t make any sense.”

Damon Huard, who began the season as the starter before being replaced by Croyle earlier this month, stepped in at practice Wednesday. He would start against the Chargers if Croyle doesn’t play.

“Physically, I feel pretty good,” Huard said. “I certainly haven’t taken the hits and my body has recovered a little bit. It wasn’t that long ago, so hopefully the timing is still there. It was good out there at practice.”

Croyle took the hit on the second offensive play of the game. He rolled to his right and, unable to find an open receiver, tucked the ball under his arm to run.

He gained 4 yards but paid the price. He threw his only interception of the game on the next play.

When he got to the sideline, Croyle received attention from Chiefs medical personnel and Huard warmed up as if he was getting ready to replace Croyle.

That never happened. Croyle continued to play to the finish and the Raiders beat the Chiefs 20-17.

“He fought through it and played,” Edwards said. “That’s what kind of kid he is. He’s a tough guy. He got through it, but he was still sore the next day.”

Croyle said little about the injury to reporters afterward.

“You don’t ever want to make a big deal about injuries,” he said. “If it’s bad enough to make a big deal out of, you shouldn’t be in the game.”

Croyle has made only two starts for the Chiefs, but is used to the idea that quarterbacks have to play through pain. The right-handed Croyle played almost his entire sophomore season at Alabama with a separated left shoulder.

“But that,” he said, “was a little different than this.”

Huard took several severe hits as the starter in the first nine games. He was sidelined by a hit to the head in the fourth quarter of a September game against Chicago.

He was also sent out in the fourth quarter of last month’s game against Jacksonville because of an injured shoulder that the Chiefs initially believed would prevent him from playing in the following week’s game, but Huard played.

“You’re a sitting duck a lot of times back there,” he said. “Brodie certainly fought through some good shots. It’s never fun to get hit back there.”

HonestChieffan
11-29-2007, 08:20 AM
And we go back to Huard....god knows thats the best thing to do so our superbowl dream season 07 stays alive.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Well now I officially dont have any reason to watch this game...

going back to Huard is laughable!

Hammock Parties
11-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Watch Huard play and we win...wouldn't that be a hoot! LMAO

The Bad Guy
11-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Well now I officially dont have any reason to watch this game...

going back to Huard is laughable!

Who do you want them to use? Thigpen?

You bitch just to be a whining vagina. You must be a miserable **** to live with.

the Talking Can
11-29-2007, 08:26 AM
and my only reason for watching is gone....

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Sit him, take no chances...sit him...NOW!!!

Nzoner
11-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Sounds like just the reason I need to put Jags/Indy on the big screen.

Pushead2
11-29-2007, 08:31 AM

You bitch just to be a whining vagina. You must be a miserable **** to live with.

Can't we just try Thigpen??? :rolleyes:

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 08:33 AM
re-post
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175559

Otter
11-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Chalk another one up to the great foresight of Carl and Herm's truly offensive line.

My Sunday is free.

BigRedChief
11-29-2007, 08:39 AM
My Sunday is free.
You can get $25.00 tickets to Sundays game. Sure you don't want to re-consider?

King Carl

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Sounds like just the reason I need to put Jags/Indy on the big screen.

Well that will be a much better game now... Just sucks to see the one of the few reasons we are tuning in, not playing...

I guess we will know today?

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 08:41 AM
And we go back to Huard....god knows thats the best thing to do so our superbowl dream season 07 stays alive.

Was the dream ever dead?

HonestChieffan
11-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Thigpen got screwed. I think its cause he has a funny last name.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Can't we just try Thigpen??? :rolleyes:

For what? So our line could kill another QB?

Our line is probably the worst in the NFL. I'm not in favor of breaking another QB.

Chiefnj2
11-29-2007, 08:46 AM
For what? So our line could kill another QB?

Our line is probably the worst in the NFL. I'm not in favor of breaking another QB.

Casey Printers would probably do better than Croyle and Thigpen because of his scrambling ability and his run first/throw second mindset.

Nzoner
11-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Well that will be a much better game now... Just sucks to see the one of the few reasons we are tuning in, not playing...

I guess we will know today?

I was planning on the Jags/Indy on the big screen anyhow with KC on one of the small tv's next to it.I've learned to keep up with multiple games.I still watch the Chiefs but this is the time of the year when the "best" games get the biggest screen.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Thigpen got screwed. I think its cause he has a funny last name.

So can someone tell us the last season Herm's offense hasnt gotten a QB killed?

Might as well see Thigpen, anything at this point is better than Horrid....

Hammock Parties
11-29-2007, 08:52 AM
So can someone tell us the last season Herm's offense hasnt gotten a QB killed?

Might as well see Thigpen, anything at this point is better than Horrid....

Let's not get this twisted now. The passing game has taken a step backwards since Croyle entered as starter. Those are the facts.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Let's not get this twisted now. The passing game has taken a step backwards since Croyle entered as starter. Those are the facts.

So? At least Croyle gave us something that Horrid never could... And that his Hope for the future...

InChiefsHeaven
11-29-2007, 08:58 AM
****ing Offensive line...DAMMMMMMIT!!!

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 09:00 AM
I was planning on the Jags/Indy on the big screen anyhow with KC on one of the small tv's next to it.I've learned to keep up with multiple games.I still watch the Chiefs but this is the time of the year when the "best" games get the biggest screen.

Thank God for Sunday Ticket....

dj56dt58
11-29-2007, 09:02 AM
It has? 1 interception in 2 games is worse than 5 or 6?

CupidStunt
11-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Matt Ryan or Erik Ainge.

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2007, 09:14 AM
If Huard starts I will have no reason to go pay money at a sports bar. Instead I will stay home and watch a real game (Jags/Colts) in HD on my new flat screen.

DaKCMan AP
11-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Matt Ryan or Erik Ainge.

Please no!!!!!!!!!

splatbass
11-29-2007, 09:16 AM
So? At least Croyle gave us something that Horrid never could... And that his Hope for the future...

If Croyle can't play he can't play. So they put Huard in for one game. Big deal. I don't see what there is to bitch about. It isn't like they are going to name Huard the starter for the rest of the season. Do you just like to bitch?

Coogs
11-29-2007, 09:21 AM

I don't see that on my TV set at home. In fact, I think the passing game has improved quite a bit. And I don't think I need to call my TV repairman either, as my set is brand new.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't see that on my TV set at home. In fact, I think the passing game has improved quite a bit.

You must have CroyleVision. It's the complete inability to see the facts in front of one, obscured by a young, talented QB who isn't making the same plays the veteran QB made.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 09:24 AM
If Croyle can't play he can't play. So they put Huard in for one game. Big deal. I don't see what there is to bitch about. It isn't like they are going to name Huard the starter for the rest of the season. Do you just like to bitch?

Yep, just to get you to reply to my messages... Thanks!

Coogs
11-29-2007, 09:34 AM
You must have CroyleVision.

:) Nice!

Actually I see Croyle make the throws he is supposed to make. I see him spreading the ball around to all the receivers instead of just Gonzo. And I see a OC (or HC) that is protecting him. But I would have done the same in Indianapolis. And I would have rode Kolby Smith in the running game the way he was running against Oakland. Croyle has looked fine on almost every pass he has been asked to throw. Been off target on a couple of them, but I have even seen the alltime great QB's like Romo miss on occasion too!

The Bad Guy
11-29-2007, 09:58 AM

What's hilarious is your also full of shit when it comes to CPIGGY.

You state you have Goat on your blocked list, but you reply?

You should really switch your name to SandyVag.

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Sit him, take no chances...sit him...NOW!!!

I agree, he got some good game time play. Let him recover and get him back in there when he is healthy.

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 10:08 AM
I agree, he got some good game time play. Let him recover and get him back in there when he is healthy.

I'd rather watch Huard, Bubby Brister & JT O'Sullivan take turns at QB...than risk the Golden Child.

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd rather watch Huard, Bubby Brister & JT O'Sullivan take turns at QB...than risk the Golden Child.

He played enough that he has some experience to reflect on now. It may be a good thing.

I don't want Shawn Merriman getting a hand on him right now. He would brag about taking him out just like he did with Priest.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 10:13 AM
He played enough that he has some experience to reflect on now. It may be a good thing.

I don't want Shawn "roidman" Merriman getting a hand on him right now. He would brag about taking him out just like he did with Priest.

Good Point HemiEd.... Offering up Horrid as the sacrifical lamb for this game...

Maybe Herm is thinking ahead here? LMAO

Sure-Oz
11-29-2007, 10:51 AM
IF hes hurt then sit him, no use getting him killed

GarySpFc
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Casey Printers would probably do better than Croyle and Thigpen because of his scrambling ability and his run first/throw second mindset.

With our offenisve line that is called fleeing, not scrambling ability.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Dude needs to muscle up. I've got more muscle in my arm than he does in his entire body. He'll never last the season with his current frame (plus, he has a history of being often injured).

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 11:05 AM

True, give him a chance to assess his first stint of real action & work on his weaknesses.

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 12:02 PM
True, give him a chance to assess his first stint of real action & work on his weaknesses.

Agreed, it could be a very good thing in the long run.

King_Chief_Fan
11-29-2007, 12:13 PM
You must have CroyleVision. It's the complete inability to see the facts in front of one, obscured by a young, talented QB who isn't making the same plays the veteran QB made.

yeah, you are right. Croyle doesn't lay down when he see someone or hears footsteps...he doesn't check down first....he doesn't throw enough interceptions.....not makeing the same plays as the veteran made is correct.

suds79
11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Dude needs to muscle up. I've got more muscle in my arm than he does in his entire body. He'll never last the season with his current frame (plus, he has a history of being often injured).

I just don't get it.

Isn't he 6'2 205? That's only 5 lbs lighter than Trent Green was correct?

But this is a bad sign. Yes injuries happen but the big knock on Croyle was that he was injury prone. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

the Talking Can
11-29-2007, 12:19 PM
what plays?

we losing and not scoring with Huard...his last game was a QB rating of 50...he wasn't even good enough to be considered a bad QB....

but you and hootie still want him to lead us...

Braincase
11-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Huard has won more games this year than Croyle.

What a minute... Is 4 greater than 0?

Hammock Parties
11-29-2007, 12:27 PM
what plays?

we losing and not scoring with Huard...his last game was a QB rating of 50...he wasn't even good enough to be considered a bad QB....

but you and hootie still want him to lead us...

No. I want Croyle out there. I've stated that since the Denver game.

But the passing offense HAS fallen off. Just as I predicted it would. I KNEW Brodie wasn't a cure-all. And the defenders certainly aren't backing out of the box like some of the morons on this site predicted.

FAX
11-29-2007, 12:30 PM
“Physically, I feel pretty good,” Huard said. “I certainly haven’t taken the hits and my body has recovered a little bit. It wasn’t that long ago, so hopefully the timing is still there. It was good out there at practice.”

ROFL ROFL ROFL

FAX

Chiefnj2
11-29-2007, 12:32 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

FAX

You think it is easy to perfect the timing of falling into fetal position 2 seconds before a defender touches you? That isn't something that comes overnight.

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 12:39 PM
No. I want Croyle out there. I've stated that since the Denver game.

But the passing offense HAS fallen off. Just as I predicted it would. I KNEW Brodie wasn't a cure-all. And the defenders certainly aren't backing out of the box like some of the morons on this site predicted.

The same line that couldnt block for LJ or Priest blocked for Kolby when he went for 150...you dont think Brodies arm had anything to do with that???...please.

Yeah, Kolby ran like a demon...but my $$$ says a lot of those lanes were more open because the D knew Brodie could hit'em with a 30 yarder in .5 seconds.

Katie
11-29-2007, 12:39 PM

Didn't you hear the announcers at the last game talking about how BIG Croyle's forearms are? You would have thought that was the most important physical attribute ever!

Hammock Parties
11-29-2007, 12:42 PM
The same line that couldnt block for LJ or Priest blocked for Kolby when he went for 150...you dont think Brodies arm had anything to do with that???...please.

Yeah, Kolby ran like a demon...but my $$$ says a lot of those lanes were more open because the D knew Brodie could hit'em with a 30 yarder in .5 seconds.

That's really dumb, scott.

For the first time all year the line was opening holes. There were tons of defenders in the box as usual. They were just getting blocked this time.

FAX
11-29-2007, 12:51 PM
I just don't get it.

But this is a bad sign. Yes injuries happen but the big knock on Croyle was that he was injury prone. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

No, it doesn't make me wonder if he's fragile or something. Now, he may be under a curse ... that's certainly possible. But, if Lee Van Cleef drove a knee into Clint Eastwood's friggin' kidney, even he would have hit the cantina for a while.

FAX

FAX
11-29-2007, 12:53 PM

Brodie stuck fear into the enemy defense. They had no idea how to defend him and they sure as heck didn't want him throwing the ball. That's why they let us gain yards in the run game, knowing that Solari would stick with it and pass on the pass.

Simple logic.

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones
11-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I just don't get it.

I just want him to add a little bit of muscle. I don't want him to get like McNabb and get so muscular that it effects his mechanics. McNabb is too big up top that he can't properly rotate and follow through with his throws. I heard the Eagles coaching staff tried to get him to cut down this offseason but he came back five pounds heavier (all muscle).

People want to blame T.O. for the problems in Philly back then, but I say they should thank T.O. for bringing out the real McNabb, as far as leadership goes, or lack thereof. I heard that McNabb is not popular at all in the locker room.

Anyway, back on topic, I think Croyle should just build a little bit of muscle, just don't over do it. It would help him and his stamina, IMO.

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 01:10 PM
That's really dumb, scott.

For the first time all year the line was opening holes. There were tons of defenders in the box as usual. They were just getting blocked this time.

OK, lets assume your right...the passing game has taken a hit in some areas...so what???, we all figured there would be some growing pains with Brodie...so, here we go, lets get'em outta the way.

We've all seen Brodies rocket launcher in action, all he needs is more time to get the mental game down & fine tune his touch on the short stuff...when that happens, we'll be building Golden Shrines in his honor.

I could care less about the Dems or Repubs, i'm going with the Croyle/Bowe ticket in 08!!!

Hammock Parties
11-29-2007, 01:11 PM
OK, lets assume your right...the passing game has taken a hit in some areas...so what???,

I absolutely agree. I want Brodie in there.

Nzoner
11-29-2007, 01:21 PM
The injury is bogus,Herm's just panicking and since Huard was at the helm in the last win vs. Diego he's hoping it'll work again.

splatbass
11-29-2007, 01:31 PM
The injury is bogus,Herm's just panicking and since Huard was at the helm in the last win vs. Diego he's hoping it'll work again.

You have any evidence of this, or are you just making it up?

CupidStunt
11-29-2007, 01:36 PM
We really are in deep shit in Croyle doesn't pan out. No sense in playing him against the likes of Phillips and Merriman if he's not at full strength. I'd rather not see him broken in half so QB is added to the already-lengthy 'need list'.

FAX
11-29-2007, 01:38 PM
We really are in deep shit in Croyle doesn't pan out. No sense in playing him against the likes of Phillips and "roidman" Merriman if he's not at full strength. I'd rather not see him broken in half so QB is added to the already-lengthy 'need list'.

Very true, Mr. lj4mvp.

That stat about the number of dead quarterbacks Herm has left in his wake is disturbing. Can Herm put an oline together?

FAX

InChiefsHeaven
11-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm sure the injury is real...Herm would rather have started Croyle on day one...

Rausch
11-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Lovely. Herm man's up and puts the youth in there and he gets injured week 2...

FAX
11-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Lovely. Herm man's up and puts the youth in there and he gets injured week 2...

They said it happened during a "scramble", Mr. Rausch. I'm wondering if it was a rollout or if the protection broke down and Croyle had to run.

If the latter, the entire oline needs to be tied to a tree and bitch slapped with Barbra Streisand's bra.

FAX

Hammock Parties
11-29-2007, 02:05 PM
They said it happened during a "scramble", Mr. Rausch. I'm wondering if it was a rollout or if the protection broke down and Croyle had to run.

If the latter, the entire oline needs to be tied to a tree and bitch slapped with Barbra Streisand's bra.

FAX

It was a bootleg. Brodie missed an open receiver and took off.

FAX
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
It was a bootleg. Brodie missed an open receiver and took off.

Thanks, Mr. GoChiefs. That's both good and bad.

Damn, though. Who was the open receiver, I wonder?

FAX

Demonpenz
11-29-2007, 02:19 PM
The passing game fell off because we dumbed down the offense alittle bit. Croyle can freaking zing it anywhere all over the field and just doesn't Throw it up to Tony G after 2 seconds have passed. Huard would have a hard time getting the ball where croyle does with a frickin bazooka

Hammock Parties
11-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks, Mr. GoChiefs. That's both good and bad.

Damn, though. Who was the open receiver, I wonder?

FAX

Jason Dunn. In Brodie's defense he was being chased by a man hell bent on ending his life, however.

talastan
11-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Anyword on radio or such as to whether Brodie was at practice today?

Rausch
11-29-2007, 02:47 PM

FAX

Odds are even a scramble would be due to poor protection. I've even noticed Watters play dip this year. No shocker due to the slobs supporting him but it's still sickening...

Coogs
11-29-2007, 02:51 PM
If Croyle hook slides instead of dives head first for extra yardage, and he does not get hit. Got to admire his determination to get the extra yardage, but I bet next time he slides.

SPchief
11-29-2007, 02:58 PM
And Gochiefs promptly jumps back on the Huard bandwagon. Anybody else shocked?

MTG#10
11-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Translation: Carl Peterson is getting nervous about the games not selling out and thinks Huard will get us out of the losing streak long enough to put the asses back in the seats.

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 03:03 PM
And Gochiefs promptly jumps back on the Huard bandwagon. Anybody else shocked?

http://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/~ytl/personal/images/Shocked.jpg

Hootie
11-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Watch Huard play and we win...wouldn't that be a hoot! LMAO
It wouldn't surprise me...for some reason we play better as a team when Huard starts...

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 03:10 PM
It wouldn't surprise me...for some reason we play better as a team when Huard starts...

a whole 2 games to get that priceless piece of data from.

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 03:13 PM

Oh NOOOOOO :doh!: , here we go again.

Hootie
11-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm glad Croyle is starting but our offense is worse now without Huard...Huard never had a back that had 150 yards rushing and 2 TD's, did he?

FAX
11-29-2007, 03:18 PM

Jesus, Mr. Hootie. Please.

FAX

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm glad Croyle is starting but our offense is worse now without Huard...Huard never had a back that had 150 yards rushing and 2 TD's, did he?

Come on man Croyle has started 2 that’s right 2 games lets give him a few more till we even fathom that Wobble launcher may give us a better shot at winning.

FAX
11-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Come on man Croyle has started 2 that’s right 2 games lets give him a few more till we even fathom that Wobble launcher may give us a better shot at winning.

One of which was vs. the world champs in a game where Herm basically threw in Towelie.

FAX

Donger
11-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Watching Brodie's press conference, I don't think he's going to play on Sunday.

Hootie
11-29-2007, 03:31 PM
We also lost to the Raiders at home...

I like Brodie, he looks like he'll be a great QB (in time)...but he has no line, and he doesn't have the terrible QB in him that allows him to chuck the ball into triple coverage like Huard does...which often results in a completion to Tony Gonzalez.

The only thing I like about Huard is he ONLY targets two guys (our best players) and doesn't worry about anything else...and come crunch time, it was often successful, because he was winning games in the 4th quarter with Tony Gonzalez and Dwayne Bowe.

Too bad he never had a RB giving him 150 yards and two TD's...

Either way, a lot of people should get off of his case now because we've all seen Croyle and we can all realize Huard was never the problem.

Croyle should be on his knees THANKING Huard because if Herm went with Croyle from game 1 EVERYONE would be calling for Huard and wanting Croyle cut because we'd be 4-7 or 3-6 and that's just how Chiefs fans react when we lose.

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 03:35 PM

I like Brodie, he looks like he'll be a great QB (in time)...but he has no line, and he doesn't have the terrible QB in him that allows him to chuck the ball into triple coverage like Huard does...which often results in a completion to Tony Gonzalez.

The only thing I like about Huard is he ONLY targets two guys (our best players) and doesn't worry about anything else...and come crunch time, it was often successful, because he was winning games in the 4th quarter with Tony Gonzalez and Dwayne Bowe.

Either way, a lot of people should get off of his case now because we've all seen Croyle and we can all realize Huard was never the problem.

Croyle should be on his knees THANKING Huard because if Herm went with Croyle from game 1 EVERYONE would be calling for Huard and wanting Croyle cut because we'd be 4-7 or 3-6 and that's just how Chiefs fans react when we lose.

You are right Huard was never the problem but he was never the answer either, Croyle needs to play to see what we have or don’t have, Huard is a decent backup.

MTG#10
11-29-2007, 03:41 PM
I would rather start Thigpen than Huard. Playing Huard does absolutely nothing for our future.

Hootie
11-29-2007, 03:42 PM
You are right Huard was never the problem but he was never the answer either, Croyle needs to play to see what we have or don’t have, Huard is a decent backup.
I think we've all seen enough from Croyle to know he could be and should be a quality NFL QB...

But what's the point of him playing this year? No one on our line knows how to block...

Hootie
11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
I would rather start Thigpen than Huard. Playing Huard does absolutely nothing for our future.
ROFL ROFL

Thigpen does nothing for our future, either.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-29-2007, 03:45 PM

You're trying to hold onto a season that is already lost. Not just for us, but for the whole league. The Pats are going to win it all, so give it up man.

You're the only one that wants us to "try" and win now. We're going to suck just as much with Croyle, as we are with Huard. The difference is sucking with Croyle NOW will help us in the FUTURE. The same can't be said if we play Huard, even if healthy.

You're wanting Huard to play for your own selfish reasons, when really it's going to help the team if Croyle plays now. He should've been playing the whole year, but thanks to Moron 1 (Herm) and Moron 2 (Carl) we are going to struggle a little bit at the beginning of next season too, because Croyle will only have so many games because he didn't get the chance to start at the beginning of this year.

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 03:45 PM
I think we've all seen enough from Croyle to know he could be and should be a quality NFL QB...

But what's the point of him playing this year? No one on our line knows how to block...

Experience. If the kid cant take a few sacks and needs to be protected under glass I don’t care how great his arm looks, we would need to look else ware.

Hootie
11-29-2007, 03:48 PM
You're trying to hold onto a season that is already lost. Not just for us, but for the whole league. The Pats are going to win it all, so give it up man.

You're the only one that wants us to "try" and win now. We're going to suck just as much with Croyle, as we are with Huard. The difference is sucking with Croyle NOW will help us in the FUTURE. The same can't be said if we play Huard, even if healthy.

You're wanting Huard to play for your own selfish reasons, when really it's going to help the team if Croyle plays now. He should've been playing the whole year, but thanks to Moron 1 (Herm) and Moron 2 (Carl) we are going to struggle a little bit at the beginning of next season too, because Croyle will only have so many games because he didn't get the chance to start at the beginning of this year.
Gay gay gay gay gay GAY...I know the season is over. I don't give a shit about the season. I want Croyle to play. In fact, I don't give a shit about Damon Huard.

All I'm saying is, the people who were running around bashing Huard at every given opportunity should be somewhat ashamed...you know, after seeing Croyle operate the offense at an even less successful rate.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Gay gay gay gay gay GAY...I know the season is over. I don't give a shit about the season. I want Croyle to play. In fact, I don't give a shit about Damon Huard.

All I'm saying is, the people who were running around bashing Huard at every given opportunity should be somewhat ashamed...you know, after seeing Croyle operate the offense at an even less successful rate.

You missed the point, but that was expected.

FAX
11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
There is trueness in your words of iron, Mr. Vanilla Thunder. But, Mr. Hootie has a point. This oline is so awful that Croyle may wind up dead which doesn't really help.

Originally, I thought that they could at least protect him long enough to get the ball out on short and medium drops. Quick release and all that. I also thought that his ability to roll out could help with the protection. Unfortunately, they are worse than I dared to dream.

We're in a heck of a quandry here. Don't start Croyle and waste valuable PT. Start Croyle and waste a valuable quarterback. Damn. Just damn.

FAX

FAX
11-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Experience. If the kid cant take a few sacks and needs to be protected under glass I don’t care how great his arm looks, we would need to look else ware.

He's tough as nails, Mr. MIAdragon. Don't worry about that. But our puss protection is so bad that it's only a matter of time before they'll bring out a cart for whomever is under center, unfortunately.

FAX

Thrillhouse
11-29-2007, 03:55 PM
http://www.moveme.co.uk/images/fragile_tape_big.jpg

Chiefnj2
11-29-2007, 03:55 PM
There is no guarantee the line will be that much better next year. Remember all the people that thought the line was going to better this year because McIntosh was better than Black and Welbourn was moving to his natural position and Terry was going to be an improvement at RT over Welbourn?

You can't protect the kid forever.

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 03:56 PM
He's tough as nails, Mr. MIAdragon. Don't worry about that. But our puss protection is so bad that it's only a matter of time before they'll bring out a cart for whomever is under center, unfortunately.

FAX

Mr. Fax do you think our line is worse than Huston’s was in the last few years? How many times did Carr get sacked? We cant not start the kid because our line is bad can we?

Hootie
11-29-2007, 03:58 PM
well they have to draft a LT in day 1 and move McIntosh to RT...then they have to find a G and a C in free agency...sounds easy, but I doubt Carl can execute it.

FAX
11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Mr. Fax do you think our line is worse than Huston’s was in the last few years? How many times did Carr get sacked? We cant not start the kid because our line is bad can we?

Point. That's a darn good question about Houston's line for comparison's sake. I haven't looked at the sack stats in a while, but I would sure hate to see Croyle's career go the way of Carr's.

Nevertheless, Croyle's a player. I don't think he'll use Downfield's human ball technique to protect himself. If he plays like he did in college, he'll put himself at risk and if he can play, he will. Hurt or no.

FAX

BigRock
11-29-2007, 04:16 PM
The people who should be ashamed are the ones who had a stroke after the Indy game, when the offense featured a leashed-in short pass gameplan designed to keep Brodie off the turf, and are now blaming "Herm's offense" for Brodie getting hurt after a game where he was sacked nearly every time he dropped back to throw the ball over 10 yards.

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
The people who should be ashamed are the ones who had a stroke after the Indy game, when the offense featured a leashed-in short pass gameplan designed to keep Brodie off the turf, and are now blaming "Herm's offense" for Brodie getting hurt after a game where he was sacked nearly every time he dropped back to throw the ball over 10 yards.

Once again, BigRock makes a Big play when the team needs one.

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 04:44 PM

You DID NOT say that!

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 04:47 PM

I agree with you. He could be an instant Star, we deserve for something like that to happen just once.
Bill Kenney made a miraculous first appearance.

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
ROFL ROFL

Why do you say that?

GarySpFc
11-29-2007, 05:13 PM

Ding Dong, maybe you can figure out why not.

GarySpFc
11-29-2007, 05:17 PM

Let me see if I can figure this out. Huard won games in the 4th quarter by going third and out how many times? For some reason that does not compute with me.

MTG#10
11-29-2007, 05:18 PM

How the hell do you know? He's a lot younger and has more of a chance of being our QBOTF than Hu'tard.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Let me see if I can figure this out. Huard won games in the 4th quarter by going third and out how many times? For some reason that does not compute with me.

Huard won games in the fourth quarter against:

Minnesota
San Diego
Oakland

That is 3 of the Chiefs 4 wins. Thanks for playing.

SBK
11-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Huard won games in the fourth quarter against:

Minnesota
San Diego
Oakland

That is 3 of the Chiefs 4 wins. Thanks for playing.

When does Huard have time to pee with you around?

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh boy, Hootie is back with his full on man crush of Horrid...

Just when you thought he would own up to his bets, HE IS BACK and in full force.

HemiEd
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
How the hell do you know? He's a lot younger and has more of a chance of being our QBOTF than Hu'tard.

I am anxious to see what he has to offer, who knows he may be the answer.

OctoberFart
11-29-2007, 06:39 PM
GOQUEER needs to call him Brodie Frail instead of Brodie CroyleNextMontana.

Rasputin
11-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Brodie played the whole game in pain, he IS a trooper.

Reerun_KC
11-29-2007, 06:50 PM
GOQUEER needs to call him Brodie Frail instead of Brodie CroyleNextMontana.

OMG that was funny! ROFL...

Uh No, actually that was pretty stupid...

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jeffcruz/misc/retard.jpg

Micjones
11-29-2007, 06:52 PM
If Croyle can't go...
I wouldn't mind seeing Thigpen, but he's a first year player in this offense. I doubt seriously that he'd contribute anything or even be in a position to be fairly evaluated.

Huard should be the guy if Croyle can't go.
It's not as though they've given the job back to Huard because they think Croyle can't play.

InChiefsHeaven
11-30-2007, 07:50 AM
If Brodie does not start, Huard will...and next week it will be back to Brodie. Huard has resumed his proper role as a backup.

Mecca
11-30-2007, 08:56 AM
We'll have this every year that Croyle is the QB, that's just how it goes. Dude is made of glass, you might be able to injure him by breathing on him.

Nzoner
11-30-2007, 09:05 AM
You have any evidence of this, or are you just making it up?

just being sarcastic

splatbass
11-30-2007, 09:17 AM
just being sarcastic

OK, sometimes it's hard to tell around here.

Reerun_KC
11-30-2007, 09:34 AM
OK, sometimes it's hard to tell around here.

Well its a message board, people take it way to serious...

xbarretx
11-30-2007, 09:48 AM

dont make me sweep the leg johnny! ;)

yes i would rather us put Tyler in as oppposed to Damon...lets see what we really have in our depth charts so we can ACTUALLY rebuild instead of half @$$ing it!

Damon winning this game effects nothing as when Brodie's health he goes back in (per Herms quote about once he makes the change hes not going back) so why not put Tyler in...i bet more people show up to the game.

p.s. yes call me crazy :o)

Chiefnj2
11-30-2007, 10:07 AM

I agree. I wouldn't complain if Thigpen was given the ball for a couple of drives.

splatbass
11-30-2007, 10:15 AM
dont make me sweep the leg johnny! ;)

yes i would rather us put Tyler in as oppposed to Damon...lets see what we really have in our depth charts so we can ACTUALLY rebuild instead of half @$$ing it!

Damon winning this game effects nothing as when Brodie's health he goes back in (per Herms quote about once he makes the change hes not going back) so why not put Tyler in...i bet more people show up to the game.

p.s. yes call me crazy :o)

No NFL coach in his right mind would do that. It isn't how they think. Their job is to put the best players out there and try to win.

xbarretx
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
No NFL coach in his right mind would do that. It isn't how they think. Their job is to put the best players out there and try to win.

and thanks to attitudes like that...the chiefs havent went anywhere in what.....30 years! ;) (by anywhere i mean superbowl....thats the coaches job...winning 16 games means jack if you NEVER win it all)

i agree it wont happen...im sayng if they were serious about being a contender then we should (no way in hell we are this year...)

but then again im not NFL headcoach....and its not my job to lose.

and i hear Tylers pretty good.

Hootie
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh boy, Hootie is back with his full on man crush of Horrid...

Just when you thought he would own up to his bets, HE IS BACK and in full force.
No, I agree Damon isn't quite NFL caliber when it comes to being a QB, but...

We were...

A) Winning games with him at QB and
B) The least any of you 'Horrid' bashers could do is admit he wasn't the problem after all...

Will any Damon Huard basher step up and admit that Damon and his 'wobble launcher' wasn't the cause for our offensive woes or are you too chicken?

Because Damon consistently threw for over 200 yards...has Brodie even sniffed that yet?

I like the way Brodie plays QB, at least I think I do...he plays with grace, something Huard doesn't have. BUT, that isn't working with this team and I'm afraid it may never work in idiot Herm's offense.

xbarretx
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
No, I agree Damon isn't quite NFL caliber when it comes to being a QB, but...

We were...

A) Winning games with him at QB and
B) The least any of you 'Horrid' bashers could do is admit he wasn't the problem after all...

Will any Damon Huard basher step up and admit that Damon and his 'wobble launcher' wasn't the cause for our offensive woes or are you too chicken?

Because Damon consistently threw for over 200 yards...has Brodie even sniffed that yet?

I like the way Brodie plays QB, at least I think I do...he plays with grace, something Huard doesn't have. BUT, that isn't working with this team and I'm afraid it may never work in idiot Herm's offense.

not being the direct cuase but being part of the cause isnt grounds to celebrate ;)

i like Damon BUT....BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT. the more hes playing the less the chiefs have a shot at being a contender next year. we need to fully know what Croyle has or doesnt have. so if we need to get a QB then we can do so.

since Brodie hasnt been ruled out (as far as i know) as of yet, this is all speculation.

IMHO i dont think the fans hate DAmon.. i just think we want to really know that our team is becommming serious about truly wanting to win or not. borrowing old QB's doesnt equil Long term stability ....at least when it comes to the Chiefs.

If Brodie cant play, fine let Damon be a spot fill but the moment Brodies better....put him back in or....draft a QB in the comming draft.

FAX
11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
They're saying broken ribs, now?

Serious question alert.

If Downfield starts and wins, does he get the starting job back?

FAX

Hootie
11-30-2007, 11:36 AM

Serious question alert.

FAX
What's the point?

If he has broken ribs just put him on IR and tell him 'hey Brodie, I promise you'll be the staring QB next year when we get a line that can block for you! You did good, Chip!' and sign another QB to the PS and activate Thigpen...

That's what I would do.

This season is a lost cause. We saw what Brodie can do...no need in even playing him anymore. Just like LJ, they should've put him on IR, too.

FAX
11-30-2007, 11:41 AM
What's the point?

If he has broken ribs just put him on IR and tell him 'hey Brodie, I promise you'll be the staring QB next year when we get a line that can block for you! You did good, Chip!' and sign another QB to the PS and activate Thigpen...

That's what I would do.

This season is a lost cause. We saw what Brodie can do...no need in even playing him anymore. Just like LJ, they should've put him on IR, too.

Okay. I'm with you on everything, Mr. Hootie. Except this part right here ... "We saw what Brodie can do ..."

We did not. No way. No how. What we saw was what Brodie can do with Herm throwing Towelie at the Indy game and playing IdiotBall against the Raiders. I've seen what Brodie can do and he can pick a defense to friggin' pieces. To accomplish that, however, 1) You have to let him play his game and 2) You have to give him more than 2 starts.

FAX

Chiefnj2
11-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Serious question alert.

FAX

Where is the broken rib story coming from??

TEX
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
My gosh this keeps getting better and better! Now broken ribs? This is exactly why Herm should have kept Huard as the starter with our twisted $hit O-line and retarded play-calling. Better to break an already old and broken QB than a brand new one with potential. As I feared, Brodie is now hurt and probably hasn't learned squat since he's been starting - except maybe how to run for his life and play "Herm-idiot-not- to-lose" football. I know that many here support Herm and blame everything on DV, but when is Herm ever gonna be responsible for his decisions? He's a idiot making bad decisions, not only during the games, but between them as well. I'll give him credit for being able to draft talent, but it sure seems to me that he's' better served as a scout rather than a HC.

FAX
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM

Petro was vamping and it just spewed out along with some cheap coffee and spittle.

FAX

Hootie
11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
broken ribs aren't the end of the world but it probably isn't a good sign that old fragile Damon was able to make it through 9 games and Brodie can't make it through 2...

We really need a line...and probably a really good backup QB for the future...I don't think Brodie is going to be constantly injured but I don't think he is going to be Favre back there, either.

FAX
11-30-2007, 12:03 PM
My gosh this keeps getting better and better! Now broken ribs? This is exactly why Herm should have kept Huard at starter with our twisted $hit O-line and retarded play-calling. Better to break an already old and broken QB than a brand new one with potential. As I feared, Brodie is now hurt and probably hasn't learned squat since he's been starting - except maybe how to run for his life and play "Herm-idiot-not- to-lose" football. I know that many here support Herm and blame everything on DV, but when is Herm ever gonna be responsible for his decisions? He's a idiot making bad decisions, not only during the games, but between them as well. I'll give him credit for being able to draft talent, but it sure seems to me that he's' better served as a scout rather than a HC.

Although my concept of hell would be to diagram your sentences, this is a very good post, Mr. TEX.

I went down the road with a pro-Hermer yesterday and never got the answer to the question that, I believe, all fans should be asking ... namely; during the off-season and camp, what made Herm think this lame excuse for a line could block?

I have no problem with starting Croyle. I do, however, have a problem starting Terry, Turley, and Welbourne. It's sickening that we can't give a young QB a shot because he's taking too many.

FAX

FAX
11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
broken ribs aren't the end of the world but it probably isn't a good sign that old fragile Damon was able to make it through 9 games and Brodie can't make it through 2...

We really need a line...and probably a really good backup QB for the future...I don't think Brodie is going to be constantly injured but I don't think he is going to be Favre back there, either.

According to Lenny, it was a freak play, Mr. Hootie. Brodie could scramble a thousand times and not get injured. Bad luck, that's all. Lenny says that the defensive player gave him a knee in the one place he could do damage.

FAX

TEX
11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Although my concept of hell would be to diagram your sentences, this is a very good post, Mr. TEX.

I went down the road with a pro-Hermer yesterday and never got the answer to the question that, I believe, all fans should be asking ... namely; during the off-season and camp, what made Herm think this lame excuse for a line could block?

I have no problem with starting Croyle. I do, however, have a problem starting Terry, Turley, and Welbourne. It's sickening that we can't give a young QB a shot because he's taking too many.

FAX

Yep. I agree. I wasn't against starting Brodie either. But I am/was against doing it with the current state of the O-Line. We all knew the O-line was an issue last year as well as the playcalling. Herm went to camp with these bozos. He new what we had or didn't have - yet he decided to go with it. The only thing I can think of is he figured that L.J. was good enough to overcome their lack of talent. He was wrong. He was wrong about a kicker. He was wrong about a FB. He was wrong abut Dante HAll. He was wrong not to call it a rebuilding season out of the gate instead of doing so by default. And he was dead wrong about starting Brodie with the current state of the O-line and offense. Yet he keeps getting free passes with many. Why? All I'm saying is that some of Herm's decisions have contributed to the sad state of affairs we're cirrently experiencing. And he's been here long enough to warrent blame for said mistakes.

Inspector
11-30-2007, 12:51 PM

You mean, there's a chance we could get Bubby???

FAX
11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Yep. I agree. I wasn't against starting Brodie either. But I am/was against doing it with the current state of the O-Line. We all knew the O-line was an issue last year as well as the playcalling. Herm went to camp with these bozos. He new what we had or didn't have - yet he decided to go with it. The only thing I can think of is he figured that L.J. was good enough to overcome their lack of talent. He was wrong. He was wrong about a kicker. He was wrong about a FB. He was wrong abut Dante HAll. He was wrong not to call it a rebuilding season out of the gate instead of doing so by default. And he was dead wrong about starting Brodie with the current state of the O-line and offense. Yet he keeps getting free passes with many. Why?

The pro-Hermers are amazingly adamant in their support, Mr. TEX, but the anti-Hermers are equally steadfast. We are polarized. But, like many such things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The o-line issue could be telling, however.

1. Your LJ Theory. This may be right. Herm may have believed that LJ's talent could make up for their deficiencies. The problem with this is that LJ wasn't in camp, so how could Herm have known or reasonably expected this while he was finalizing the roster?

2. The Defense Theory. I've speculated that, in camp, Herm may have viewed the problems with the line as being due to our new, spectacular defense. He might have thought that, in camp, our D was so good, it was making the line look worse than they really were.

3. The Dumbass Theory. It could be that Herm knew the line was bad but serviceable enough to get us through a season of development on the defensive side of the ball.

4. The Ultra-Dumbass Theory. Perhaps (and contrary to the opinions of the pro-Hermers) Herm's player evaluation skills are overrated and he doesn't know how to tell if a line is good or bad by watching them practice.

5. The Nobody Else Available Theory. Maybe Herm knew they sucked in camp and tried to find replacements, but couldn't.

6. The Super Patience Theory. It's possible that Herm knew they sucked, but thought they would improve as the season unfolded and decided to give them time to "gel".

Either way, the play of the oline is holding back everything else including the development of the young players. It's difficult to excuse Herm for that given the fact we're still under the cap and my grandma could block better than these guys.

FAX

Demonpenz
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
it's safe to say the croyle experiment is a disaster

FAX
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM

The news just reported that it's a "sore upper back", Mr. Chiefnj2. No mention of ribs.

It's time for me to admit that I have no idea what's going on.

FAX

Chiefs_5627
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM

How?

Reerun_KC
11-30-2007, 01:13 PM
I guess it is safe to say the Huard experiment is completely laughable...

Chief Henry
11-30-2007, 01:22 PM

Say what ?

Reerun_KC
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Come on Demonpenz, enlighten us with your vast knowledge of Croyle failing already?

Sure-Oz
11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Croyle=bust.....

Dylan
11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
The Jets went through four quarterbacks in one season. Pennington played one season healthy.

Third game into the season, Pennington was injured and lost for the season with a rotator cuff injury. The second rotator cuff injury of his career. Seven plays later in the same game, Jay Fiedler was lost for the season with a shoulder injury.

The Jets resigned Vinny Testaverdi, when a few games later, he went down with an ankle injury. I'm mostly during the same game - backup QB Bollinger went out with a concussion. Kliff Kingsbury became the fifth quarterback used in a season.

Herm Edwards said:
Coach Herman Edwards compared his injury-riddled team Monday to a car with a punctured tire. With four quarterbacks nursing injuries and 10 players on injured reserve, the Jets, particularly on offense, are plodding along like a car on the interstate that is getting by with three good tires and a spare after a blowout.

For Edwards, the point is that when a tire gets shredded, you don't trade in the whole car or banish the driver. You put on the spare and cross your fingers until you can get the old tire fixed or acquire a new tire.

"You just take the one out of the back," Edwards said, "and you're embarrassed because it's a little ugly one and you can't wait to get to the gas station because you can fix that tire. It'll get fixed, but until it gets fixed we've got to play, and we've got to play a certain way."
"That's one thing we've prided ourselves in is not turning the ball over," Edwards said. ...

NYT - One of the kinder articles written - the NY press just about ran Edwards out of town:

NYT (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/22/sports/football/22jets.html)

Reerun_KC
11-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Croyle=bust.....
Daniel=Croyle?

FAX
11-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Croyle=bust.....

Okay. I'll bite. How do you figure, Mr. Sure-Oz?

FAX

Reerun_KC
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
NYT - One of the kinder articles written - the NY press just about ran Edwards out of town:

Nothing pisses me off more when Carl knew for a fact, actually any football fan with a 1/4 of a brain knew Herm's shit was running thin in NYJ and they were going to can his pathetic ass.

So what does Carl do? He rides in on a White Stallion, trades a 4th round pick for this FOOL, just to save his friends face from humiliation. Now we are stuck with the moron and our media is to weak to back him down and put him in his place...

Thanks a freaking lot!

Chiefnj2
11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Herm Edwards said:

You omitted the best part of the article:

"Last week, Herman Edwards made a point to say that he intended to honor his contract, which runs through 2007. He wanted to squelch news media speculation that he was poised to leave the Jets for the Chiefs if Dick Vermeil decided to retire at the end of the season. "

Pushead2
11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
**** YOU HERM!!!!

TEX
11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Croyle=bust.....

I'm not sure that if a mid to late 3rd round pick doesn't work out, that it's considered a true bust. :hmmm:

Chiefnj2
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Nothing pisses me off more when Carl knew for a fact, actually any football fan with a 1/4 of a brain knew Herm's shit was running thin in NYJ and they were going to can his pathetic ass.

IIRC, the Jets were going to keep Herm around for the final year of his contract. Herm wanted an extension entering into 2005. Jets management said "this team looks a bit rocky and on the decline, lets see how you start to rebuild it before we shell out more money." Herm felt he was underpaid and thats when all the smoke started that he was headed to KC. Rumors were floating around KC even before that.

TEX
11-30-2007, 02:12 PM
The pro-Hermers are amazingly adamant in their support, Mr. TEX, but the anti-Hermers are equally steadfast. We are polarized. But, like many such things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The o-line issue could be telling, however.

1. Your LJ Theory. This may be right. Herm may have believed that LJ's talent could make up for their deficiencies. The problem with this is that LJ wasn't in camp, so how could Herm have known or reasonably expected this while he was finalizing the roster?

2. The Defense Theory. I've speculated that, in camp, Herm may have viewed the problems with the line as being due to our new, spectacular defense. He might have thought that, in camp, our D was so good, it was making the line look worse than they really were.

3. The Dumbass Theory. It could be that Herm knew the line was bad but serviceable enough to get us through a season of development on the defensive side of the ball.

4. The Ultra-Dumbass Theory. Perhaps (and contrary to the opinions of the pro-Hermers) Herm's player evaluation skills are overrated and he doesn't know how to tell if a line is good or bad by watching them practice.

5. The Nobody Else Available Theory. Maybe Herm knew they sucked in camp and tried to find replacements, but couldn't.

6. The Super Patience Theory. It's possible that Herm knew they sucked, but thought they would improve as the season unfolded and decided to give them time to "gel".

Either way, the play of the oline is holding back everything else including the development of the young players. It's difficult to excuse Herm for that given the fact we're still under the cap and my grandma could block better than these guys.

FAX\

:clap: Well said. I can deal with all of it except # 4 because that's Herm's preceived best attribute. If it's a myth, we're TOAST.

BigRedChief
11-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Soren Petro says Croyle has broken ribs.

Reerun_KC
11-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Great! Just freaking lovely...

What reason do we have now to even watch... Horrid is just laughable!

Red and Gold Mania
11-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I guess it took only two games for Croyle to get injured. I guess the people doubting his durability had a valid concern.

Hmmm. Not good.

FAX
11-30-2007, 02:33 PM

He's the only one saying it, though. The normal news is just reporting a sore back, Mr. BigRedChief.

However, this might finally put the "Croyle is too delicate and fragile to play in the NFL" argument to rest. If it's true, he played almost an entire game with broken ribs and probably would have won the damned thing if Herm had cut him loose and made better decisions at a couple of points.

FAX

DMAC
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I guess it took only two games for Croyle to get injured. I guess the people doubting his durability had a valid concern.

Hmmm. Not good.A good line would help.

FAX
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM

Hmmm. Not good.

Tase me now, bro.

FAX

GarySpFc
11-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Petro was vamping and it just spewed out along with some cheap coffee and spittle.

FAX

Q: How’s Brodie Croyloe?HERM EDWARDS: “Out. Keyaron Fox will probably be out too.”Q: Will Brodie be the number three QB?EDWARDS: “No, he won’t even dress.”Q: Does Brodie have broken ribs?EDWARDS: “No, he should be better next week. [points to his back] He got hit right here in the back. He can throw this way [shows] but he can’t actually turn [shows]. It’s very, very sore.”Q: So it was determined today that he couldn’t go?EDWARDS: “He threw a little bit but he can’t move well.”

InChiefsHeaven
11-30-2007, 03:20 PM
I bet Croyle has a HUGE nasty bruise on his back...

FAX
11-30-2007, 03:23 PM
I bet Croyle has a HUGE nasty bruise on his back...

And some pretty brutal fingernail scratches too, probably.

FAX