PDA

View Full Version : Percocet, it's a good thing....

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Howdy all,

Ok, so on thanksgiving I started having some bad tooth pain. I called my Dentist in St. Louis (I was visiting my boys in Dallas at the time) and leave a message about being in pain and needing some drugs to help until I can come see him. He never calls back and I'm stuck only taking over the counter Motrin, 200 mg tablets (turns out - as he tells me later - that he gets alot of "druggie" calls over the holidays and he thought I was just another one of those calls). I gulp a few handfulls a day to get through the weekend but the pain gets worse and worse and the amount of pills I need grow more and more every couple of hours.

On the drive home Sunday I was gulping a goo 16-20 tablets every hour to hour and a half. Yeah, insane amount of these little tablets and I'm sure there's a nice little kidney stone being formed right now, as my reward.

I see the dentist on Monday afternoon (I had two Vicoden left over from a Vaso-reversal the helped on monday), he says I need a root canal and gives me prescription for more Vicoden, but as the pain continue to get worse over Monday night, I was popping two of them bad boys every two hours and still in pretty good pain.

I see the Endodontist Tuesday after work. I'm there from 4 to 7 pm getting a root canal. I'm so numb from the stuff he shot me up with that my ear is numb, the bones of the eye socket around my right eye is numb, yet after he drills out my rotting root nerves I can feel the drill hit the tendon in my jaw. I wince, he's suprised I felt it, decides to do some experiments, and uses some wire to tap dance on that tendon. I did the only thing I could do, shoot him with some evil eyes. Yeah - you know he wasn't scared.

He can't finish the job because it was too infected still so I leave with a temp filling and an appointment to go back in two weeks so he can finish the root canal. He says the entire nerve was dead already and would guess that on a scale of 1 to 10 I probably felt like the pain was a 9 or 10. I tell him he's wrong because I'd rate it more like an 11 or 12.

I guess he felt sorry for me, because he gave me a big 'ol prescription of Percocet. I'm taken 4-6 of them a day, every four or five hours and I now understand the concept of addiction to pain meds. This stuff is awesome. I'm a little loopie, but oh well, small price to pay to be able to walk and talk like nothing has happened. It's more than just good on my tooth, I mean - my knees feel great, my back feels great, my ankle feels great. All those parts that usually yell at me through out the day all feel young and new again.

That is all, bet it ain't a I have nothing to add, biatches.
oh - and I don't care if you "discuss" it or not. I just thought I'd share.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-29-2007, 10:27 AM
I had basically the EXACT same thing happen to me last year, over the holdays (new years). I had nothing but advil to try to get me through everything and my story was exactly like yours. Too infected so I had to get a temp and after everything got a shit ton of percocet and vicatin. And like you, I could totally understand how people can get addicted to these things.

penguinz
11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Percocet barely takes the edge off of my backpain. :(

StcChief
11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Percoset kicks butt.

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 10:33 AM
I had basically the EXACT same thing happen to me last year, over the holdays (new years). I had nothing but advil to try to get me through everything and my story was exactly like yours. Too infected so I had to get a temp and after everything got a shit ton of percocet and vicatin. And like you, I could totally understand how people can get addicted to these things.

Yeah, Life is great. I even love carl right now.....

JBucc
11-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Drink a lot of water.

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Drink a lot of water.

I'm doing that too, very dehydrated. But feeling grand.

Easy 6
11-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Agreed CC, the song "Comfortably Numb" comes to mind.

Bugeater
11-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Painkillers rule, I have a pinched nerve in a disc in my neck and I've been popping Oxycodone for the last month and a half. It's also helpful in getting thru the Chiefs games. Too bad my 'script is about to run out...

dtebbe
11-29-2007, 10:50 AM
I can't take any of that crap. The nausea it gives me ends up bothering me more than the pain. Demarol, on the other hand.....

DT

sd4chiefs
11-29-2007, 10:53 AM
I need some percoset to get through this painful Chiefs season.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, Life is great. I even love carl right now.....

Then you've clearly taken too much

penguinz
11-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Painkillers rule, I have a pinched nerve in a disc in my neck and I've been popping Oxycodone for the last month and a half. It's also helpful in getting thru the Chiefs games. Too bad my 'script is about to run out...Percocet is Oxycodone. ;)

Fish
11-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Without sounding like a preaching PSA..... be careful with those...

I have someone very very close to me that has been abusing painkillers for some time now, and can't kick it. It actually got to the point that she was caught trying to write her own prescriptions for it. A large part of that is self-esteem and strength of will, but I've seen some people who I would have never worried about get hooked on that and have all sorts of problems.

Personally, pain meds and I don't play well together. I hate the woozy nauseas feeling and would rather deal with pain...

Bugeater
11-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Percocet is Oxycodone. ;)
Oh, I did not know that. Shit, if CC is taking 4-6 a day he must be delirious. If I take 2 of those fuggers at once I'm knocked out.

penguinz
11-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh, I did not know that. Shit, if CC is taking 4-6 a day he must be delirious. If I take 2 of those fuggers at once I'm knocked out.Different people react much differently. When I have a script for it I take two every 4 hours and it knocks the edge off of my back and knee pain. I also have no addictive side effects. When I run out I have no feelings that I must have more of it.

beach tribe
11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Yea, pain pills are awesome, BUT be careful.

My girlfriend works in a doctors office, and has mad hookups on all kinds of pills. We refuse to take them anymore, because we were scarfing them for about six months. Stopping was not easy, but learning from the mistake was. The next couple of weeks were hell. Moody, irratable, but we both knew it was because of the drugs so it made it easier to quit. I'd still take one every now and then if it was around, but I made her promise not to bring any home. They are just too good.

BTW 400-600mg of Demerol will definitely kill your pain he he.

The Franchise
11-29-2007, 11:25 AM
I know how you feel with the root canal. I had one of those done back when I was 21 and it was one of the worst pains I've ever felt. They told me they completely killed the nerve and then went in with a drill to tear apart the nerve. I about jumped out of my chair as soon as they started. That sucked so bad.

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Percocet is Oxycodone. ;)

I thought Percpcet is a mixture of Oxy and acetaminophen?

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Then you've clearly taken too much

he he :evil:

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 11:41 AM

All I know is it's a derivative of Morphine, that's what the doc told me.

Oh - I guess I also know it works.....

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 11:42 AM
This morning I woke up and the majority of it was out of my system. Yeah, my tooth still hurts without it, badly too, almost as bad as Sunday was.

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Tooth pain it the worst I had 2 impacted wisdom teeth that of course acted up Thursday night on a three day weekend. My doc gave me some Vicoden and they didn’t help in the least bit. I was downing 3-4 a time 3-4 times an hour. By far the worst pain I’ve ever felt.

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 11:51 AM
All I know is it's a derivative of Morphine, that's what the doc told me.

Oh - I guess I also know it works.....

I could be wrong.

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I could be wrong.

well, with how the drugs are named now days you and the doctor may be saying the same thing..... :shrug:

Ugly Duck
11-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm stuck only taking over the counter Motrin, 200 mg tablets..... I was gulping a goo 16-20 tablets every hour to hour and a half. Yeah, insane amount of these little tablets and I'm sure there's a nice little kidney stone being formed right now, as my reward.Don't ever do that again.... thats way too much ibuprofen. Check out what the Merk Manual sez:

Ibuprofen can cause digestive upset, ulcers, and gastrointestinal bleeding, make asthma worse and increase blood pressure. Taking ibuprofen probably slightly increases the risk of stroke, heart attack, and blood clots in the arteries of the legs.

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec06/ch078/ch078d.html

Skip Towne
11-29-2007, 12:42 PM
When you first sit down in the dentists chair, reach over and grab his balls and tell him "now we aren't going to hurt each other are we?"

Fish
11-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Since you're a C&H fan.......

http://pizdaus.com/pics/TxRcB4LTTHFQ.jpg

chasedude
11-29-2007, 12:56 PM

Yes Percocet is Oxy and Tylonol combined. Percodan is Oxy and Aspirin.

chasedude
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
When you first sit down in the dentists chair, reach over and grab his balls and tell him "now we aren't going to hurt each other are we?"
:LOL: ROFL

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Don't ever do that again.... thats way too much ibuprofen. Check out what the Merk Manual sez:

Ibuprofen can cause digestive upset, ulcers, and gastrointestinal bleeding, make asthma worse and increase blood pressure. Taking ibuprofen probably slightly increases the risk of stroke, heart attack, and blood clots in the arteries of the legs.

http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec06/ch078/ch078d.html

Make no mistake, I didn't think I was doing a wonderful thing, but short of finding street drugs - I had no other options.....

NewChief
11-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Yea, pain pills are awesome, BUT be careful.

My girlfriend works in a doctors office, and has mad hookups on all kinds of pills. We refuse to take them anymore, because we were scarfing them for about six months. Stopping was not easy, but learning from the mistake was. The next couple of weeks were hell. Moody, irratable, but we both knew it was because of the drugs so it made it easier to quit. I'd still take one every now and then if it was around, but I made her promise not to bring any home. They are just too good.

BTW 400-600mg of Demerol will definitely kill your pain he he.

Pretty much what I'd say. They're great fun, especially if you take one and drink a glass or two of wine (don't over do it, as ODing is a real possibility). I definitely do not want a steady supply of 'scrips, though, because they are way too addictive. They also become much less fun if you're doing them habitually.

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Damn.

I was GOING to call you today and invite you over for the MU game.

The last thing I need is some druggie OD'ing in my basement.

Thanks for the heads-up.

:p

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
While we are on the topic, anyone tried the liquid oxycodone?

Luke
11-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Percoset will cause major constipation. I have scripts for Percoset, Vicodin, Valium and Flexeril. Three back surgeries, cervical fusion and other crap. Dr. Luke prescribes 2 Percoset and 1/2 pint of Jack Daniels. 'This will pretty much take the edge off of back pain. Probably should not operate bulldozers or other heavy equipment and also you will not be able to kick field goals past the thirty and your kickoffs will not reach the 15 yardline!

Knob
11-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Percoset will cause major constipation. I have scripts for Percoset, Vicodin, Valium and Flexeril. Three back surgeries, cervical fusion and other crap. Dr. Luke prescribes 2 Percoset and 1/2 pint of Jack Daniels. 'This will pretty much take the edge off of back pain. Probably should not operate bulldozers or other heavy equipment and also you will not be able to kick field goals past the thirty and your kickoffs will not reach the 15 yardline!

Dr. Luke ROFL

Knob
11-29-2007, 05:27 PM

Whats your question?

Skip Towne
11-29-2007, 05:39 PM
I stay off the bulldozer. Flying the Cessna around is really great while high.

stumppy
11-29-2007, 05:49 PM

It ain't bad. Works fast too. The morphine lollypops are pretty good too.

MIAdragon
11-29-2007, 05:51 PM
It ain't bad. Works fast too. The morphine lollypops are pretty good too.

Ive herd it works really fast, I wish I had that for my tooth pain.

Sanka
11-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Lucky bastige. Me love percocets.

What ever you dont finish, send my way ;) :)

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Damn.

I was GOING to call you today and invite you over for the MU game.

The last thing I need is some druggie OD'ing in my basement.

Thanks for the heads-up.

:p

ROFL!!!

crazycoffey
11-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Lucky bastige. Me love percocets.

What ever you dont finish, send my way ;) :)

A co-worker said he'd pay ten bucks a pill for whatever I have left over
To which I responded, "mmm - you seem awful eager, and I'm already getting to better understand these magical little pills' power, I may have to bump that price to twenty."

"Done, you're the one holding the supply you can influence the price from the demand." he said, without batting an eye.

I ended like this:

"that was too quick I should have said thirty bucks."

"yup" again without hesitation.

Pants
11-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Acetaminophen (tylenol) is the limiting factor in Oxycodone. Take too much and your liver gets ****ed.

Also, the mental addiction (the pain free feeling) to Morphine is a joke compared to the physical addiction you get after using opiates for a long enough period. See heroin addicts...

crazycoffey
11-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Well today I only took one this morning and I'm going to try and make it through the day with only motrin, tough going already. At lunch I may have to hit the Perc again.

Oh and I'm sure the addiction to the opiates is stronger, wasn't ever trying to compare between those two, I was just commenting on how this was my first experience with it. I've never had more than Vicoden before and it was ok, seemed to serve it's purpose, but not on the same level as taking two Percocets at 6am, two more at 11, two at 4, two at nine and two before bed at 11:30.

The last two days felt pretty good.

penguinz
11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Acetaminophen (tylenol) is the limiting factor in Oxycodone. Take too much and your liver gets ****ed.

Also, the mental addiction (the pain free feeling) to Morphine is a joke compared to the physical addiction you get after using opiates for a long enough period. See heroin addicts...Morphine is an opiate dumbass. Heroin is is made from morphine.

Pablo
11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
A buddy of mine gave me a methadone tablet once.

That's a painkiller. You are guaranteed to feel nothing then. Very very harsh.

I tried getting through bad toothaches with Ambesol, but it's just so much better to go to the doctor or call someone who has a prescription.

Tooth pain of any sort sucks, horribly.