PDA

View Full Version : Is Brodie Croyle tough enough to survive the Herm Era?

Braincase
11-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Brodie is already out, could be out for a couple of weeks. I seriously question whether or not this young man can handle the week-in, week-out abuse that the NFL's defensive players are going to inflict on him. We've got Humpty Dumpty when we need Chuck Rambo McClain, long lost twin of Conan Seagal Favre.

I want a tough badass as my quarterback, and I'm more than concerned that we've got a guy that will maybe make 50% of his scheduled starts, and not even the love of a good woman is gonna change that.

percysnow
11-30-2007, 06:10 PM
QB is a tough position on any team . .the real question is Brodie tough enough for the NFL. . the guy is real small and real fragile. .

Coach
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
He toughed it out to finish the game, that should count for something. :shrug:

KC Dan
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
The more important question is: Will Chiefsplanet survive Herm?

percysnow
11-30-2007, 06:12 PM
He toughed it out to finish the game, that should count for something. :shrug:

nope. . this is the NFL. . with guys like Bret Farve. .

FAX
11-30-2007, 06:23 PM
He's definitely tough enough, Mr. Braincase. In the long run, this injury is probably a good thing. He'll learn to protect himself a little more and live to fight another day.

It's really a shame that he's gotten marked as "injury prone". You could say the same thing about Trent or Priest when they came to KC ... or a hundred other players who are currently active, for that matter.

I have an idea. Let's get him an offensive line that can block a granny.

FAX

MichaelH
11-30-2007, 06:31 PM
I have an idea. Let's get him an offensive line that can block a granny.

FAX

I concur. And let's get him an offensive coordinator as well.

Demonpenz
11-30-2007, 06:47 PM
croyle has it easy i remember in the 80's people gave the qb's the business all the time

KCJohnny
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Uh.... hello?

Croyle was injured scrambling for a 4 yard gain, not a sack. It had nothing to do with Herman Edwards or the OL.

11-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know if the knee in his back from a Raider was intentional or just an accident during play.

Marcellus
11-30-2007, 07:28 PM
The more important question is: Will Chiefsplanet survive Herm?
ROFL ROFL

Psyko Tek
11-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know if the knee in his back from a Raider was intentional or just an accident during play.

of course it was intentional, it was a RAiduuurr
DIE EVIL RAIDER SCUM!!!!

jebus man
this is the NFL

ArrowheadHawk
11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
when we fix the line next year he should be alright, if he makes it to next year and we don't bring a veteran qb in

chiefforlife
11-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I think Brodie will be fine.

The bigger question is ... has Herm ever had a QB that played a full season. I think not, but havent done the research. If not, then perhaps its no coincidence.

Think about it 7 years of Head coaching and never had a QB play a full season. Pennington is a tough dude, Trent was bullet proof untill Herm got here, Damon...well...maybe thats not a good example.

Maybe it is the style of O or the lack of style on O.
Hmmmm.

FAX
11-30-2007, 07:52 PM
I think Brodie will be fine.

The bigger question is ... has Herm ever had a QB that played a full season. I think not, but havent done the research. If not, then perhaps its no coincidence.

Think about it 7 years of Head coaching and never had a QB play a full season. Pennington is a tough dude, Trent was bullet proof untill Herm got here, Damon...well...maybe thats not a good example.

Maybe it is the style of O or the lack of style on O.
Hmmmm.

There are some fears that are best left unspoken, Mr. cfl.

FAX

Mecca
11-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Shouldn't we have expected this? Being made of glass was pretty much his #1 knock coming out of college...he gets hurt if you breathe on him wrong.

GarySpFc
11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Uh.... hello?

Croyle was injured scrambling for a 4 yard gain, not a sack. It had nothing to do with Herman Edwards or the OL.

I have reviewed the play at least 10 times and 7 or 8 of those times in slow motion, but even in slow motion you would not believe how fast it happened. Two linebackers kneed him in the back as he slid to a stop.

Croyle played a full season with a dislocated left shoulder.

One thing is for certain he doesn't take a phantom sack like somebody we know.