PDA

View Full Version : Huard Starting = good for Chiefs

KCJohnny
12-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Everyone's bemoaning a Huard start, but its probably a good thing vs SD. Last meeting with SD Huard rallied the Chiefs on the road from a 16-6 haltime deficit to a 30-16 victory. Huard's stat line was pretty healthy:

17 of 29 for 284 yards and 2 TDs. He found Bowe 8x for 164 yards.Its hardly a bad idea to play Huard when he threw for 284 yards ON THE ROAD vs SD.:arrow:

Eleazar
12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Die.

pikesome
12-01-2007, 12:30 AM
http://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/8531.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 12:30 AM
This was already posted in another thread. Why did you feel it warranted it's own thread? It didn't.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Yes lets hope we win some meaningless games and **** up our draft pick.

KCJohnny
12-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Some people like positive threads about winning football games in the city/community.

Imagine that!

RealSNR
12-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Right now a majority of Chiefs fans are only watching the games to watch Brodie Croyle (hopefully) develop into a great starting QB. It's exciting, and if the Chiefs win, so much the better.

Putting Huard in makes for a boring game to watch with really nothing exciting for the fans. It's a borefest.

pikesome
12-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Right now a majority of Chiefs fans are only watching the games to watch Brodie Croyle (hopefully) develop into a great starting QB. It's exciting, and if the Chiefs win, so much the better.

Putting Huard in makes for a boring game to watch with really nothing exciting for the fans. It's a borefest.

Let's just end this "Huard starting is good" crap.

the Talking Can
12-01-2007, 01:00 AM
yes, it good for the Chiefs to have the QB they are trying to develop on the bench injured behind a piece of shit career backup...

most teams prefer to rebuild with their QBOTF injured and not playing....

MadMax
12-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Everyone's bemoaning a Huard start, but its probably a good thing vs SD. Last meeting with SD Huard rallied the Chiefs on the road from a 16-6 haltime deficit to a 30-16 victory. Huard's stat line was pretty healthy:

17 of 29 for 284 yards and 2 TDs. He found Bowe 8x for 164 yards.Its hardly a bad idea to play Huard when he threw for 284 yards ON THE ROAD vs SD.:arrow:

It's cool I'll laugh like I did the last game he played. It's freakin comedy central with this guy :) ie humor is good, Huard is not. Fetal never gets old.

keg in kc
12-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Huard should have been benched at halftime in that game. He was 6-13 for 98 yards and a pick, and we were down 16-6 largely because of him. Norv Turner runs LT at all in the second half and we get blown out.

Huard threw a second pick in the 4th quarter with the game on the line (Chiefs were up 23-16 at the time), but fortunately 3 plays later DJ forced a Rivers fumble and Brackenridge went 50 yards to score.

The defense (and particularly DJ) won that game. DJ picked Rivers in the third quarter, with the Chiefs down 16-9, giving the offense the ball on the Chargers' 36. Then the afore-mentioned sack-and-strip and Brackenridge TD to probably save the game after yet another Huard gaff.

I would not count on us winning despite Huard's poor play a second time.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Huard should have been benched at halftime in that game. He was 6-13 for 98 yards and a pick, and we were down 16-6 largely because of him.

That's unfair, Keg. The defense was getting it's ass kicked before halftime of that game.

Huard won that game with an incredible second half. A BETTER SECOND HALF THAN BRODIE CROYLE HAS EVER PLAYED IN THE NFL.

Huard threw a second pick in the 4th quarter with the game on the line

See, you're biased. Huard hit Bowe IN THE HANDS on that play. And yet you blame Huard.

Biased.

kcxiv
12-01-2007, 01:08 AM
**** that. YOu always play to try to win. I never like losing. Not even for a draft pick. **** that.

the Talking Can
12-01-2007, 01:08 AM
That's unfair, Keg. The defense was getting it's ass kicked before halftime of that game.

Huard won that game with an incredible second half. A BETTER SECOND HALF THAN BRODIE CROYLE HAS EVER PLAYED IN THE NFL.

ha ha

you're still in love with a career backup, you and johnny are priceless....

Croyle's only played 4 quarters as a starter, but hey...

I wish all our dumb fans would leave with Carl.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 01:10 AM
ha ha

you're still in love with a career backup, you and johnny are priceless....

Croyle's only played 4 quarters as a starter, but hey...

I wish all our dumb fans would leave with Carl.

Dude, I WANT CROYLE AS THE STARTER.

But Damon deserves at least partial credit for beating the Chargers.

the Talking Can
12-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Huard's last game:

QB rating of 18
2 INTs
1 Fumble

loss at home

a 12 Year Vet....what a sick ****ing joke

Mecca
12-01-2007, 01:12 AM
**** that. YOu always play to try to win. I never like losing. Not even for a draft pick. **** that.

Do you understand how big a difference picking 6 or 7 and picking 13th or 14th is?

Bob Dole
12-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Do you understand how big a difference picking 6 or 7 and picking 13th or 14th is?

Ryan Sims instead of Dwayne Bowe?

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Ryan Sims instead of Dwayne Bowe?

OH SNAP

Mecca
12-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Ah yes use the Chiefs not drafting correctly as an example...

KCJohnny
12-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Huard should have been benched at halftime in that game. He was 6-13 for 98 yards and a pick, and we were down 16-6 largely because of him. Norv Turner runs LT at all in the second half and we get blown out.

Huard threw a second pick in the 4th quarter with the game on the line (Chiefs were up 23-16 at the time), but fortunately 3 plays later DJ forced a Rivers fumble and Brackenridge went 50 yards to score.

The defense (and particularly DJ) won that game. DJ picked Rivers in the third quarter, with the Chiefs down 16-9, giving the offense the ball on the Chargers' 36. Then the afore-mentioned sack-and-strip and Brackenridge TD to probably save the game after yet another Huard gaff.

I would not count on us winning despite Huard's poor play a second time.

Right. 17 completions for 284 yards were all abberations from tipped balls and athletic WR play.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and the most passing yards on the road in 2 years.

Fluke.

Uh, ...oh, OK, got it.

Bob Dole
12-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Ah yes use the Chiefs not drafting correctly as an example...

You're the one who brought it up.

Seriously... 6 vs. 13 only really matters if there's another team ahead of you looking to fill the same need.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 01:34 AM
I don't buy that there's a huge difference in those spots...moving from 13 to 6 would cost a ton in a trade.

Bob Dole
12-01-2007, 01:41 AM
I don't buy that there's a huge difference in those spots...moving from 13 to 6 would cost a ton in a trade.

It would definitely cost a ton in a trade, but in reality there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in the talent obtained.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 01:42 AM
There is....just because the Chiefs ****ed up that pick doesn't mean you don't want that pick.

That's akin to saying you don't want the #1 pick because a couple teams screwed it up in years past.

blueballs
12-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Why did Nick Athan choose
KCJohnny as a user name

BigRock
12-01-2007, 01:45 AM
See, you're biased. Huard hit Bowe IN THE HANDS on that play. And yet you blame Huard.
How far off the ground was Bowe when the pass hit him in the hands? 4 feet?

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 01:49 AM
How far off the ground was Bowe when the pass hit him in the hands? 4 feet?

His feet were on the ground.

Bob Dole
12-01-2007, 01:51 AM
There is....just because the Chiefs ****ed up that pick doesn't mean you don't want that pick.

That's akin to saying you don't want the #1 pick because a couple teams screwed it up in years past.

Reach much?

#6 vs. #1 is a lot different than #6 vs. #13.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 01:52 AM
You want the highest pick you can possibly get...the player selection is better, that's the point.

BigRock
12-01-2007, 01:54 AM
His feet were on the ground.
I know, I was kidding. Huard has been known to throw high passes was the subtle commentary I was going for.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 01:56 AM
I know, I was kidding. Huard has been known to throw high passes was the subtle commentary I was going for.

It's so hard to tell who likes Huard these days. Seems everyone is against him. The guy had a hand in every win this year...yet people hate his guts.

12-01-2007, 02:00 AM
It's so hard to tell who likes Huard these days. Seems everyone is against him. The guy had a hand in every win this year...yet people hate his guts.
Some do. I don't like him as our starter but I support him. The fact that Croyle is already hurt concerns me greatly.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 02:01 AM
The fact that Croyle is already hurt concerns me greatly.

Chalk another one up for Nostragochiefs.

:evil:

blueballs
12-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Brodie needs a goatee

Mecca
12-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Some do. I don't like him as our starter but I support him. The fact that Croyle is already hurt concerns me greatly.

It shouldn't surprise anyone, he's been made of glass for years..he didn't even make it through his senior year of high school without getting hurt.

12-01-2007, 02:12 AM
It shouldn't surprise anyone, he's been made of glass for years..he didn't even make it through his senior year of high school without getting hurt.
I hope for the best until I have a reason to look at the worst.

kcxiv
12-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Yes, and i do not care. This doesnt make me want to be mediocre, but i hate losing even if its for picks. It still does not mean we wont pick a bust.

12-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Yes, and i do not care. This doesnt make me want to be mediocre, but i hate losing even if its for picks. It still does not mean we wont pick a bust.
Leaf

blueballs
12-01-2007, 02:20 AM
ROFL
like Carl could have a top 10 pick
in camp in time to make a difference

BWillie
Leaf

Akili Smith

kcxiv
LeafYep, Bowe has also been alot better imo then Calvin to this point. Calvin is even on a wide open offensive team. Bowes doing his thing with one of the worst damn offenses in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Calvin Johnson is soft.

Bob Dole
12-01-2007, 02:25 AM
You want the highest pick you can possibly get...the player selection is better, that's the point.

Duh.

But one or two more wins now probably isn't going to significantly impact which lineman we get to take. If there's a can't miss lineman, he'll be gone by #6.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 02:26 AM
LOL.....Calvin Johnson would still be taken over Bowe if the draft was done today and they knew all of what they know now.

I despise that whole bust thing....that's like saying "Blair Thomas was a bust I don't want the opportunity to take Adrian Peterson" "Andre Bruce was a bust I don't want the opportunity to take Julius Peppers" If you **** up a top 10 pick it is on you for screwing up.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 02:28 AM
Duh.

But one or two more wins now probably isn't going to significantly impact which lineman we get to take. If there's a can't miss lineman, he'll be gone by #6.

It still remarkably changes the quality of available players.....I'd rather see them choosing between Sedrick Ellis, Andre Woodson and a couple of the top lineman prospects, not the 2nd tier guys.

Bob Dole
12-01-2007, 02:34 AM
It still remarkably changes the quality of available players.....I'd rather see them choosing between Sedrick Ellis, Andre Woodson and a couple of the top lineman prospects, not the 2nd tier guys.

So everyone is taking offensive lineman with the top picks this year?

Mecca
12-01-2007, 02:39 AM
If they pick in the 13-15 range there will be at least 2 if not 3 gone.

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2007, 02:53 AM
It shouldn't surprise anyone, he's been made of glass for years..he didn't even make it through his senior year of high school without getting hurt.I think its A LOT more of Herm coddling him, than him being fragile.

Bob Dole
12-01-2007, 02:55 AM
I think its A LOT more of Herm coddling him, than him being fragile.

With his QB history, you can't really blame him.

CupidStunt
12-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Complete fluke. BOTH of his touchdowns were worthless throws -- a slant which Bowe took to the house and an awful throw into triple coverage that Gonzalez managed to come down with.

He'll go 16/30, 0 TD, 2 INT, 5 sacks, 2 fumbles, 3 fetal positions and 11 "WTF?!?!"'s tomorrow.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 04:27 AM
Complete fluke. BOTH of his touchdowns were worthless throws -- a slant which Bowe took to the house and an awful throw into triple coverage that Gonzalez managed to come down with.

He'll go 16/30, 0 TD, 2 INT, 5 sacks, 2 fumbles, 3 fetal positions and 11 "WTF?!?!"'s tomorrow.

Well, it won't take much to outproduce Brodie, that's for sure!!!

CupidStunt
12-01-2007, 04:30 AM
Huard never did shit against a good secondary. He got owned by the Raiders (his 55.4 QB rating would be even worse if not for a fluke broken play) and would've been embarrassed in Indy.

But keep swinging on his nutsack. You are Carl's dream.

keg in kc
12-01-2007, 04:40 AM
Right. 17 completions for 284 yards were all abberations from tipped balls and athletic WR play.I don't believe I mentioned tipped balls and athletic WR play at any point in my post.

Fact: Huard was 6-13 for 98 yards and a pick in the first half, which led to the Chiefs trailing 16-6 at intermission.
Fact: Huard threw another pick in the fourth quarter, with the Chiefs leading 23-16.
Fact: 3 plays after that interception, DJ and Brackenridge dragged Huard's ass out of the fire with a 50-yard strip and fumble return for TD.

Anything else you read in there was projection.Fluke.That win absolutely was a fluke.

Unless you think the Chiefs can regularly win road games where they give up 100+ yards rushing, gain less than 100 yards on 6-13 passing from their starting QB, and trail by 10 at halftime.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 04:45 AM
Fact: Huard was 6-13 for 98 yards and a pick in the first half, which led to the Chiefs trailing 16-6 at intermission.

Fact: The defense gave up 222 yards in the first half, including three drives of 50 or more yards.

Fact: Huard threw another pick in the fourth quarter, with the Chiefs leading 23-16.

Fact: The interception was Dwayne Bowe's fault. Huard hit him in the hands with a well-thrown ball. Bowe allowed the pass to be caught by a defender when it skipped off his hands.

Fact: 3 plays after that interception, DJ and Brackenridge dragged Huard's ass out of the fire with a 50-yard strip and fumble return for TD.That win absolutely was a fluke.

Fact: The defense needed to do something to win the game after the AWFUL first half they had.

Unless you think the Chiefs can regularly win road games where they give up 100+ yards rushing, gain less than 100 yards on 6-13 passing from their starting QB, and trail by 10 at halftime.

I think the Chiefs can regularly win games when the quarterback throws for 180 yards and two touchdowns in the second half and the defense gets its act together instead of LAYING DOWN LIKE DOGS.

Note: Brodie Croyle's pedestrian, 145-yard effort would have been enough to beat the Raiders this last week, had KC's defense not LAID DOWN LIKE DOGS.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 04:47 AM
Huard never did shit against a good secondary. He got owned by the Raiders (his 55.4 QB rating would be even worse if not for a fluke broken play) and would've been embarrassed in Indy.

But keep swinging on his nutsack. You are Carl's dream.

I am all for Brodie Croyle starting.

keg in kc
12-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Some people like positive threads about winning football games in the city/community.

Imagine that!This team is 4-7, on a 5-game losing streak, and might finish 6-10, if we're really lucky, since 3 of our last 5 are on the road.

Anything "positive" at this point is pure fantasy.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Here is your new avatar, Keg:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5773/huardsucksgh8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Al Bundy
12-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Huard is not the answer.. but as I said on Soren Petro's show on thursday you can tank all you want and end up with top 5 draft picks but you can end up drafting guys like Keith McCants and Eric Curry if you have bozo's running the draft.

old_geezer
12-01-2007, 06:49 AM
This is not meant to be a Huard bash; just stating the obvious. There is NOTHING good about Huard starting as game at this point. We know he is not the answer and we know he is not the future for this team. Any start by him now is a waste of time as we try to find a QB of the future. The act of winning one meaningless game at this point in time doesn't balance out to giving our youngsters playing time.
That being said, there's really not much else to do with Croyle busted up already.

Skip Towne
12-01-2007, 07:49 AM
The TV gods were merciful to me. The game isn't on here.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 07:56 AM
The TV gods were merciful to me. The game isn't on here.

It sounds like you're not a real Chiefs fan. Even when the Chiefs were shitty as hell in 2001, I wanted to watch them and it killed me when I didn't get to.

CupidStunt
12-01-2007, 08:01 AM
It sounds like you're not a real Chiefs fan. Even when the Chiefs were shitty as hell in 2001, I wanted to watch them and it killed me when I didn't get to.

The product is unwatchable. I respect the decision of those who wish to do so, but I sure as hell don't blame those who prefer not to expose themselves to a 3-hour comedy show of errors and how not to play football.

Skip Towne
12-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Nope, I'm not a real fan. I demand better than the stumblebums we've become. And I've got lots of company.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2007, 08:11 AM
I can't help but laugh at those of you who think Croyle is soft.....

Did you even SEE the play he was injured on?

He was speared in the back, where there's no pads.

Then the kid goes in to get a painkiller, and comes back out and finishes the game.

I think this has a LOT more to do with Herm not wanting to risk further injury to Brodie, vs Brodie saying "I can't go."

Reerun_KC
12-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Thankfully I wont have to witness this on Sunday! I will be out flying all day...

Thank you Jesus...

I have even removed it from the TIVO list. Playing Horrid reaks of desperation by a coach and gm... As a Chiefs fan I deserve better than Huard! I am tried of the Chiefs slapping me in the face with never was quiting QB's.. I wonder if Horrid will quit on his team agian this weekend?

Heres to RoidMan breaking down the Fetal position for us! It is Thigpen time...

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Thankfully I wont have to witness this on Sunday! I will be out flying all day...

Boy, it would be just awful if you had to witness the Chiefs pulling into a game out of first place...just horrible.

FringeNC
12-01-2007, 08:24 AM
This team is 4-7, on a 5-game losing streak, and might finish 6-10, if we're really lucky, since 3 of our last 5 are on the road.

Anything "positive" at this point is pure fantasy.

Indeed. All the talk of carry-over from finishing the season strong is BS. The only good thing that can come out of these last few games is young players getting experience.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Boy, it would be just awful if you had to witness the Chiefs pulling into a game out of first place...just horrible.

Thanks GoChiefs, I just spit milk through my nose.... Pure comedy!

Hammock Parties
12-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks GoChiefs, I just spit milk through my nose.... Pure comedy!

Huard : 2-0 against the Chargers
Norv: 0-6 against the Chiefs
Herm: 2-0 against Norv

splatbass
12-01-2007, 08:55 AM

Some people get confused and think that you don't play football to win games, you play to get draft picks. Those people are idiots.

Chiefnj2
12-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Some people get confused and think that you don't play football to win games, you play to get draft picks. Those people are idiots.

The Chiefs are playing football this year to build for the future. That is done with Croyle or even perhaps Thigpen, not Huard.

splatbass
12-01-2007, 09:14 AM
The Chiefs are playing football this year to build for the future. That is done with Croyle or even perhaps Thigpen, not Huard.

Thigpen? A rookie from a small college that has never taken an NFL snap? Any coach that played him over an experienced veteran should be fired. No matter how bad the season is every coach in the NFL is trying to win. They don't get to be NFL coaches by folding. Even Cam Cameron is still trying to win games.

blueballs
12-01-2007, 09:24 AM
The pussifacation of the NFL fan accelerates
with fantasy football

blueballs
12-01-2007, 09:26 AM
The players get hurt and take a pain killer
the fans get butt hurt and change the channel
get some wiskey and watch football like a man

Deberg_1990
12-01-2007, 09:42 AM
The pussifacation of the NFL fan accelerates
with fantasy football

Huh??

Care to explain?

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Thigpen? A rookie from a small college that has never taken an NFL snap? Any coach that played him over an experienced veteran should be fired. No matter how bad the season is every coach in the NFL is trying to win. They don't get to be NFL coaches by folding. Even Cam Cameron is still trying to win games.

Apparently you didn't watch their last game against Pittsburgh......

King_Chief_Fan
12-01-2007, 10:12 AM

I have been a fan for 35 years. I would rather take an arrow in the face than to continue to watch the demise of this team. I went through it in the 80's....extremely painful. You find your self watching less games. That doens't make you a non fan. You find something more useful to do with your time.......you might try getting a job.

splatbass
12-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Apparently you didn't watch their last game against Pittsburgh......

I did, did you? Neither team scored until Pittsburg got the field goal at the end of the game. Miami didn't look any worse than Pittsburg. It was a sloppy game from both teams under bad conditions.

splatbass
12-01-2007, 10:35 AM
I have been a fan for 35 years. I would rather take an arrow in the face than to continue to watch the demise of this team. I went through it in the 80's....extremely painful. You find your self watching less games. That doens't make you a non fan. You find something more useful to do with your time.......you might try getting a job.

I've been a fan for 37 years. I was a fan and watched every game I could in the 80s, and I'll continue to watch every game I can. I'm not a fair weather fan. Good or bad, I'll always be a fan, and I'll always watch the games.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2007, 10:41 AM
I did, did you? Neither team scored until Pittsburg got the field goal at the end of the game. Miami didn't look any worse than Pittsburg. It was a sloppy game from both teams under bad conditions.

If Cameron was "trying to win" he would have at least attempted the FG late when they had the chance.

I guess Herm's an idiot for going for it, and Cameron's a genius?

splatbass
12-01-2007, 10:46 AM
If Cameron was "trying to win" he would have at least attempted the FG late when they had the chance.

I guess Herm's an idiot for going for it, and Cameron's a genius?

The conditions were terrible for kicking a field goal. How many missed field goals had there already been in that game?

And I never said Cam is a genius. I said coaches play to win. That is their job. Period. Any coach that doesn't try to win every single game should be fired.

TEX
12-01-2007, 10:53 AM
I have been a fan for 35 years. I would rather take an arrow in the face than to continue to watch the demise of this team. I went through it in the 80's....extremely painful. You find your self watching less games. That doens't make you a non fan. You find something more useful to do with your time.......

I totally agree. I'm old enough to understand that you can still support the team and not want to witness piss poor play and coaching. The current cast of characters are a blip on the radar screen when it comes to life-long fandom.

Al Bundy
12-01-2007, 10:56 AM
The Chiefs need to have the younger players out there at this point, Huard starting this game does no one any good. However if you think he is going to air it out, well you are mistaken. This is going to be an ugly game dominated by the run.

milkman
12-01-2007, 11:00 AM
The Chiefs need to have the younger players out there at this point, Huard starting this game does no one any good. However if you think he is going to air it out, well you are mistaken. This is going to be an ugly game dominated by the Chargers.

FYP.

Skip Towne
12-01-2007, 11:06 AM
There aren't enough starting QB's to go around. So teams keep a couple of extras around for emergencies. They are like a spare tire with cords showing. They are intended to get you to the tire shop, not to start out on a vacation. Some people have the hardest time with this concept.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Huard starting = 10,000 more no shows.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2007, 11:20 AM

Emphasis on the word "MORE."

ArrowheadHawk
12-01-2007, 11:22 AM
:clap: CP one step closer to the door

Chiefs_5627
12-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Not looking forward to Huard again. Hell, throw in Tyler, season is basically done anywhoo.

the Talking Can
12-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Can you imagine another franchise thinking that starting Damon Huard was a good thing?

Bowser
12-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Can you imagine another franchise thinking that starting Damon Huard was a good thing?

Is that rhetorical?

Deberg_1990
12-01-2007, 11:52 AM

Miami Dolphins?

splatbass
12-01-2007, 11:55 AM

Every franchise will go with their best available QB. In this case it is Huard, so yes, I believe in this situation pretty much every other franchise would go with Huard. But then they are run by actual coaches, not internet forum fans.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 12:11 PM
You'll rethink that whole stance on draft day if a true impact player goes 1 or 2 picks ahead of the Chiefs..

It's cool to say that whole play to win thing now, on draft day it ****in sucks when you missed out a player because you won a meaningless game.

splatbass
12-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Not looking forward to Huard again. Hell, throw in Tyler, season is basically done anywhoo.

You want to start a rookie QB from Coastal Carolina (who?) who has spent most of the year on the scout team?

From www.nfldraftscout.com:

10/29/07 - QB Tyler Thigpen on Monday got his first chance since joining the Chiefs after training camp to actually run Kansas City plays. Virtually all of Thigpen's assignments to date have involved running scout team plays.

So the first time this rookie from a small school even ran a play from the playbook was a month ago, undoubtedly with the second team, and you want to start him? He is a project.

milkman
12-01-2007, 02:22 PM
You want to start a rookie QB from Coastal Carolina (who?) who has spent most of the year on the scout team?

From www.nfldraftscout.com:

10/29/07 - QB Tyler Thigpen on Monday got his first chance since joining the Chiefs after training camp to actually run Kansas City plays. Virtually all of Thigpen's assignments to date have involved running scout team plays.

So the first time this rookie from a small school even ran a play from the playbook was a month ago, undoubtedly with the second team, and you want to start him? He is a project.

And Huard is a reject.

splatbass
12-01-2007, 02:29 PM
And Huard is a reject.

At least he knows the playbook.

The fact is that Huard is the backup. Croyle is hurt so the backup is going to start. I don't understand the whining. I don't know any coach in the league that would start an inexperienced Thigpen in this situation. You guys can criticize Herm all you want, but in this case he is just doing what any other coach would do. Do you think that Belichek would start Thigpen?

Reerun_KC
12-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Every franchise will go with their best available QB. In this case it is Huard, so yes, I believe in this situation pretty much every other franchise would go with Huard. But then they are run by actual coaches, not internet forum fans.

There isn't an NFL team or coach that would even remotely consider Huard as a starter except the Chiefs...

So what you are telling us here, those 31 teams are built and coached by actual coaches..

You know, I cant argue with this. You pretty much summed it up. Nice Post! So much truth in your post.

Good job, rep!

Reerun_KC
12-01-2007, 02:35 PM
At least he knows the playbook.

The fact is that Huard is the backup. Croyle is hurt so the backup is going to start. I don't understand the whining. I don't know any coach in the league that would start an inexperienced Thigpen in this situation. You guys can criticize Herm all you want, but in this case he is just doing what any other coach would do. Do you think that Belichek would start Thigpen?

Belichek doesnt really have a history of QB injuries... Not that it is Mr Buttsex's fault that he hasn't went through a season since 2001 without a QB injury...

Just sayin.....

splatbass
12-01-2007, 02:45 PM
There isn't an NFL team or coach that would even remotely consider Huard as a starter except the Chiefs...

So what you are telling us here, those 31 teams are built and coached by actual coaches..

You know, I cant argue with this. You pretty much summed it up. Nice Post! So much truth in your post.

Good job, rep!

Under these circumstances (Remember Huard is the backup, you seem to want to imply that he has been named the permanent starter or something), when the starter goes down and you have one experienced backup and one that doesn't know the playbook at all and has barely even taken a snap in practice every coach in the NFL would go with Huard. It is not only the best choice, it is the only choice. If you can't see that you are delusional.

Your hatred of Herm has taken away all sense.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Under these circumstances (Remember Huard is the backup, you seem to want to imply that he has been named the permanent starter or something), when the starter goes down and you have one experienced backup and one that doesn't know the playbook at all and has barely even taken a snap in practice every coach in the NFL would go with Huard. It is not only the best choice, it is the only choice. If you can't see that you are delusional.

Your hatred of Herm has taken away all sense.
Hey I just agreed and rep'd you for a quality post...

Dont bag on me for you stating the truth...

Lastly, you can't use Herm and sense in the same sentence... Totally contradicts simple logic....

the Talking Can
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Damon Huard:

185 yards
2 INTs
1 Fumble

another brilliant idea....

Deberg_1990
12-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Damon Huard:

185 yards
2 INTs
1 Fumble

Why wouldnt this staff look at getting thigpen more reps the past month or so instead of wasting time on Huard??

I dont think Thigpen is the answer by any means, but its pointless to waste any more playing time on Huard.

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Damon Huard:

185 yards
2 INTs
1 Fumble

Yep Johnny your predictions suck you should stick to something you know about.

Oh btw how about that Kris Wilson carry for no yards. Another brilliant idea by you.

KCJohnny
12-02-2007, 05:46 PM
You simply do not know how badly another QB would have played today. Period.
The wind was a factor - even SD only gained 157 yds in the air. Huard was sacked 7 times and his receivers dropped at least 5 passes, including 2 in the EZ. The OL was so banged up that Turley started at ORT and Svitek would up playing OLT.

I know its popular to gang up on Huard. Even the announcers said at least twice (maybe more), "Damon Huard never had a chance on that play..."

Anyone who watched it on CBS can verify that. One of his picks occurred because EK ran into the CB and fell down in the EZ.

And who knows how badly Huard was hurt more than Huard? People talking about his injury are taking cheap shots.

banyon
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
The wind was a factor - even SD only gained 157 yds in the air. Huard was sacked 7 times and his receivers dropped at least 5 passes, including 2 in the EZ. The OL was so banged up that Turley started at ORT and Svitek would up playing OLT.

I know its popular to gang up on Huard. Even the announcers said at least twice (maybe more), "Damon Huard never had a chance on that play..."

Anyone who watched it on CBS can verify that. One of his picks occurred because EK ran into the CB and fell down in the EZ.

And who knows how badly Huard was hurt more than Huard? People talking about his injury are taking cheap shots.

argumentum ad ignorantiam, classic.

jjjayb
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM

Gochiefs? Is that you? "It was the wind I tell you!"

Hey, don't forget that the sun might have gotten in his eye too.

Coach
12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
KCJohnny, just do yourself and everybody a big favor.

Just give it a rest, please?

Huard starting does not mean that it's good for the Chiefs.

I'd like to think that Thigpen actually performed better in his mop-up time than Damon did.

Oh Snap
12-02-2007, 06:48 PM

Foot meet mouth. ;)

King_Chief_Fan
12-02-2007, 06:50 PM

another myth put to rest

Bob Dole
12-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Quack quack quack. High flying ducks! Quack quack. I AM STATUE, SEE ME STAND! Quack quack THUMP (batted pass) THUMP THUMP, quack, THUMP THUMP, Statue! THUMP, too high too high QUACK thump.

Impressive.

King_Chief_Fan
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Quack quack quack. High flying ducks! Quack quack. I AM STATUE, SEE ME STAND! Quack quack THUMP (batted pass) THUMP THUMP, quack, THUMP THUMP, Statue! THUMP, too high too high QUACK thump.

Impressive.

you forgot the occasional duck, drop and go fetal.

Coach
12-02-2007, 06:53 PM

Impressive.

Where the hell is the fetal? Other than that, LMAO

FAX
12-02-2007, 07:52 PM

ROFL ROFL

FAX

kstater
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Impressive.

LMAO

Right before he went down with his "injury", he had 4 Thumps in a row. But it was probably the winds fault.

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 07:59 PM

And who knows how badly Huard was hurt more than Huard? People talking about his injury are taking cheap shots.Why are you defending Huard? Seriously?

KCTitus
12-02-2007, 08:04 PM
The thing I like about Proctor is the way he just relishes a team that's nothing but complete crap...

keg in kc
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I guess I caught a different feed of the game. The one I saw had Huard taking sacks instead of moving in the pocket and trying to force his wobblers into double- and triple-coverage. Alas, apparently Chiefs receivers not making highlight reel catches to bail out every single bad throw now equals "drops".

And of course SD didn't have many yards through the air. They only threw the ball 20 times. Of course, they did have completions of 37, 38 and 40 yards.

Yeah, they had a ton of trouble with the wind out there...

KCJohnny
12-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Why are you defending Huard? Seriously?
For the same reason I defended Grbac when he carried the entire offense on his shoulders and some of you relentlessly ragged on him.

For the same reason I defended Green when 95% of the Planet went after him with the moniker "TrINT".

The only reason I defend Huard is because I personally empathize with people who are ruthlessly piled on by irrational detractors.

Look, I haven't bent or broken any BBS rules. My opinion is my opinion.
Huard played as good as could be expected with the team on the field.

What disappoints me is that the same people here (you know who you are) that are trying to rub my nose in this post (kill me for being hopeful!) are the same ones that screamed bloody murder when I showed up now and then to mention that Ramifization was not working. Go ahead and lambaste me when I am wrong; its all fair game. But I notice when I am right I get accused of the same shallow gloating going here, mostly by members who never dare to brave a prediction or analysis any deeper than "Huard sucks."

Go Chiefs!
:arrow:

blueballs
12-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Whitlock's doc friend B A Homer
sighting