PDA

View Full Version : *Help* Anyone from Des Moines leaving for the game tomorrow want to make $50?

Talisman
12-01-2007, 01:13 PM
It seems in my haste to get out of Des Moines last night to travel to SE Kansas to visit my grandmother, I forgot one important thing I might need at the game tomorrow...

Yeah, the tickets. :banghead:

My options are to drive all the way back tonight in the wee hours of the morning or... have a Planeteer grab them from my wife and meet me in the parking lot. Given the time and gas cost of traveling back, I'd be willing to throw $50 in said helper's general direction.

This person would also be able to brag to others about a rare Talisman sighting.

Thanks in advance.

Edit

Found some cheap tickets in KC. Thanks anyway.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2007, 01:16 PM
For $2.50 a ticket, you can e-mail them to another e-mail address you'd have access to and print them out at home. Assuming you're a STH.

They cancel the barcode on the hard tickets and issue new ones for the printouts.

Saves you $45, unless you wanna send something my way for the advice....

;)

Talisman
12-01-2007, 01:17 PM
For $2.50 a ticket, you can e-mail them to another e-mail address you'd have access to and print them out at home. Assuming you're a STH.

They cancel the barcode on the hard tickets and issue new ones for the printouts.

Saves you $45, unless you wanna send something my way for the advice....

;)
Unfortunately, I'm not a STH. That would be too easy. I strive to make my life extremely difficult.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Unfortunately, I'm not a STH. That would be too easy. I strive to make my life extremely difficult.

Dammit.

Sorry. Worth a shot.....

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2007, 01:20 PM
If you bought them through Ticketmaster, you might be able to do something similar.

You could call and verify all of your personal information and they might allow you to reprint at home....

:shrug:

Talisman
12-01-2007, 01:21 PM
As bad as the Chiefs are playing, I could probably grab a pair of nose bleed seats for $50 and then just sit where my other tickets are (or pick any of the other thousands of empty seats).

Talisman
12-01-2007, 01:23 PM
If you bought them through Ticketmaster, you might be able to do something similar.

You could call and verify all of your personal information and they might allow you to reprint at home....

I bought them from someone on the internet, so I don't think there's a backup plan for being a bonehead.

OnTheWarpath15
12-01-2007, 01:24 PM
As bad as the Chiefs are playing, I could probably grab a pair of nose bleed seats for $50 and then just sit where my other tickets are (or pick any of the other thousands of empty seats).

I guarantee you could get tickets for $10 or less each.

People were selling lowers for $10-15 last week.

Talisman
12-01-2007, 01:26 PM
I guarantee you could get tickets for $10 or less each.

People were selling lowers for $10-15 last week.
That's probably going to be the way to go. I just hate having to worry about crap like that. Especially when I already had tickets.

Rain Man
12-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Bummer. And it's probably WAY too late to let plate tectonics do the work.

NewChief
12-01-2007, 02:39 PM

When I was young, unethical and following Phish around the country, we would use this scam all the time to get into shows where we didn't have tickets. We'd just find someone in the parking lot who ordered their tix through TicketBastard and go to will call, run the credit card, and claim that we never recieved the tickets in the mail. They'd then print us up a whole new set of tickets. It was pretty crappy, because it led to double-booked seats, but it was a pretty common scam that lot rats pulled.

Stewie
12-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I don't blame you. The Chiefs have become very forgettable.

dj56dt58
12-01-2007, 04:51 PM
You could just shove a fork in your ass..probably enjoy it about the same...

blueballs
12-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Your wife was worried you'd come back
I told her not to worry
just swallow

Skip Towne
12-01-2007, 05:04 PM
You could just shove a fork in your ass..probably enjoy it about the same...
Would a spork work?

l0rd0s3
12-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I was planning on coming down but the roads are supposed to be pretty bad in the early AM so it doesn't look like I'll make it. If anything changes, I'll check in, but I'd say 95% no. Hope you figure something out.

Rain Man
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
I wonder if you could find 20 Planet people spread out along the way who could each drive them 10 miles or so. Speak up, people! Talisman is in trouble!

Skip Towne
12-01-2007, 07:11 PM
See there! I knew there was a need for a carrier pigeon service. I'm way ahead of my time.

shakesthecat
12-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Bummer man, I wish I could help.

Iowanian
12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
a talisman and shakes siting in one day.

that should happen more often.

Halfcan
12-01-2007, 08:49 PM
I have a pair of Upper Level for sale $125 a piece.

Floridafan
12-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Have wife go to airport in morning and ask someone flying on a flight into KC to meet you as soon as they get off the plane. Could work.

Bugeater
12-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I wonder if you could find 20 Planet people spread out along the way who could each drive them 10 miles or so. Speak up, people! Talisman is in trouble!
If someone can get them to Council Bluffs I'd be willing to drive them down to Glenwood.

Rain Man
12-01-2007, 09:17 PM
If someone can get them to Council Bluffs I'd be willing to drive them down to Glenwood.

Now we're rolling. If someone can get them to Denver, I can get them to Limon, just in case we have to route through Colorado.

RJ
12-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Now we're rolling. If someone can get them to Denver, I can get them to Limon, just in case we have to route through Colorado.

If you run them down I-25 into New Mexico I can get them east across I-40 into Oklahoma.

HMc
12-01-2007, 09:36 PM
i'm happy to pick them up from the boat at say, Bondi and drive them to the Sydney CBD

Rain Man
12-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Okay, can anyone get the tickets to Council Bluffs, Denver, Albuquerque, or Sydney, Australia? We're starting to link cities.

jAZ
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM
We've got Council Bluffs >> Denver >> Albuquerque >> Tucson and then I'll drive them across the border into Mexcio where they will be protected from use and the owner will be protected from our next scheduled trainwreck.