PDA

View Full Version : More BCS screw ups

Gravedigger
12-01-2007, 10:08 PM
With West Virginia losing their game to Pittsburgh and IF Missouri loses to Oklahoma then who's in the Championship game? With Ohio State and Georgia in the 3 and 4 positions would they make it in? I know Ohio State has no more games to play in but would Kansas, being only a one loss team even though Missouri beat them but Mizzou would now be a two loss team, I mean who plays in it jeebus?

dtebbe
12-01-2007, 10:09 PM
If Mizzou loses LSU is in. You heard it here first.

DT

Basileus777
12-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Ohio State vs Georgia

Wow....just awful...

There isn't one team in the nation that "deserves" to be there. However, two teams have to make it.

L.A. Chieffan
12-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Notre Dame vs. Army

chiefy
12-01-2007, 10:20 PM
when does the actual bcs bowl schedule get released?
is it tommorrow cuz its gonna be a long night for the bcs guys if so.

i'm almost 100% it'll be lsu in the championship now that mu's gonna lose too. atleast ku will get a bcs game now probably?

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2007, 10:26 PM
It should be Virginia Tech/LSU in the Championship game

KC_Connection
12-01-2007, 10:28 PM
when does the actual bcs bowl schedule get released?
is it tommorrow cuz its gonna be a long night for the bcs guys if so.

i'm almost 100% it'll be lsu in the championship now that mu's gonna lose too. atleast ku will get a bcs game now probably?
Their chances of being in a BCS game would have been better had MU won.

KC_Connection
12-01-2007, 10:28 PM
As far who it should be, well we should go with the 2 one-loss teams at the top I think.

DaKCMan AP
12-01-2007, 10:32 PM
It should be Virginia Tech/LSU in the Championship game

That game was already played. 48-7 LSU.

DaKCMan AP
12-01-2007, 10:32 PM
As far who it should be, well we should go with the 2 one-loss teams at the top I think.

LMAO Idiot homer.

Basileus777
12-01-2007, 10:36 PM
LSU doesn't deserve to play for the title. They had their chances this year and lost twice when ranked as the #1 team. They looked dominating in maybe 2-3 games all year. I give them credit for winning, but even today they looked far from dominating.

But then again, who really does deserve to go to the NC at this point?

DaKCMan AP
12-01-2007, 10:38 PM
LSU doesn't deserve to play for the title. They had their chances this year and lost twice when ranked as the #1 team. They looked dominating in maybe 2-3 games all year. I give them credit for winning, but even today they looked far from dominating.

It's pretty simple..

1. Mizzou - lost
2. WVU - lost
3. OSU - move to #1
4. Georgia - did not win conference
5. KU - did not win conference
6. Va Tech - lost to LSU 48-7
7. LSU - won SEC, move to #2

Coach
12-01-2007, 10:39 PM
The answer?

Playoff system.

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2007, 10:43 PM
That game was already played. 48-7 LSU.

It needs to be played again. They are the two teams playing the best right now and all season.

Basileus777
12-01-2007, 10:47 PM
It's pretty simple..

1. Mizzou - lost
2. WVU - lost
3. OSU - move to #1
4. Georgia - did not win conference
5. KU - did not win conference
6. Va Tech - lost to LSU 48-7
7. LSU - won SEC, move to #2

I don't agree. I think the best team playing the best football should be #2, and that clearly isn't LSU. Georgia might be playing the best football out of any team in the nation. I don't care if they didn't win their conference, they are playing better football than LSU and should be in.

JBucc
12-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I hope Georgia gets in. They'll kill Ohio St.

DaKCMan AP
12-01-2007, 10:49 PM
I don't agree. I think the best team playing the best football should be #2, and that clearly isn't LSU. Georgia might be playing the best football out of any team in the nation. I don't care if they didn't win their conference, they are playing better football than LSU and should be in.

You can't justify a team playing for the national championship if they can't win their conference. Sorry.

DaKCMan AP
12-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I hope Georgia gets in. They'll kill Ohio St.

Any of LSU, Georgia, USC would kill OSU. We can't get to a BCS game because of the ****ed up rules, but Florida would whoop OSU as well.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 10:51 PM
It's Ohio state vs LSU or USC whoever gets more poll votes...simple as that.

Smed1065
12-01-2007, 10:52 PM

IIRC, their 2 losses came in about 6 overtimes.

Coach
12-01-2007, 10:52 PM

Either way, I still feel that OSU does not belong in the NC game, one way or another.

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2007, 10:54 PM
After such a topsy-turvy, up-and-down, exciting and completely unexpected season filled with fresh faces in the top 10 (and top 2), the National Championship we're going to get is...

Ohio State versus LSU.

Yay.

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2007, 10:55 PM

I'm pretty sure any team that loses to Stanford isn't going to go to the National Championship.

Mecca
The fact that OSU is going to another title game is hilarious..

Is that Tressell's legacy? Getting ass raped in championship games?

Thig Lyfe
The fact that OSU is going to another title game is hilarious..

Is that Tressell's legacy? Getting ass raped in championship games?

Uhhh... didn't he beat Miami in 2003?

Mecca
12-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure any team that loses to Stanford isn't going to go to the National Championship.

It still comes down to votes and nothing more....if SC gets more 2nd place votes then LSU then they'll go....and none of us know how anyone is going to vote.

Coach
12-01-2007, 10:56 PM

Sometimes, a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 10:57 PM

Well even a blind dog finds a bone occasionally.

JBucc
12-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I hope Georgia gets in. They'll kill Ohio St.Wait scratch that. I want LSU to get in so I can say Arkansas beat the National champs.

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Sometimes, a blind squirrel finds a nut.
Well even a blind dog finds a bone occasionally.

So true.

dirk digler
12-01-2007, 10:59 PM
It still comes down to votes and nothing more....if SC gets more 2nd place votes then LSU then they'll go....and none of us know how anyone is going to vote.

I thought the computer decided it?

ArrowheadHawk
12-01-2007, 10:59 PM
well another good thing for the big 12, Hawaii is starting to get ass pounded

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2007, 11:01 PM
I wonder if Mizzou losing will adversely affect KU in the standings...

Mecca
12-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I thought the computer decided it?

That's only a 3rd of it.........the coaches poll and whatever that other ****in poll is are the other 3rds...

There is more of a human element than a computer element.

KC_Connection
12-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Not really, we didn't beat them, so our CPU rank won't drop.

ArrowheadHawk
12-01-2007, 11:11 PM
That's only a 3rd of it.........the coaches poll and whatever that other ****in poll is are the other 3rds...

There is more of a human element than a computer element.
thank god for us that the pollsters aren't on usc's nuts like you are

KC_Connection
12-01-2007, 11:11 PM
LMAO Idiot homer.
It was a joke, you tool.

KC_Connection
12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Either way, I still feel that OSU does not belong in the NC game, one way or another.
That's true. They just happened to win in a bad conference.

Eleazar
12-01-2007, 11:15 PM
It should be Ohio State and LSU.

Eleazar
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM

Neither team has an argument really... we ought to accept what we earned, which was "we almost did it" bowl games.

The end of the college football season is so anti-climactic. You can't make a mistake all year, or else you end up playing some other team who screwed up somewhere in a game that doesn't really mean much. Guess I just don't get it.

Coach
12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
That's true. They just happened to win in a bad conference.

Well, that's pretty much what I'm saying. The Big Ten isn't exactly impressive.

I mean, I think of the Big 10 as Herman Edwards football conference. Little offense, relies on the defense and kickers.

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Not really, we didn't beat them, so our CPU rank won't drop.

SOS drops.

Spott

I imagine that it will affect them a little bit. Their strength of schedule will take a hit, but they may be jumped in the coaches poll by Virginia Tech, LSU, Oklahoma and USC. It wouldn't surprise me to see MU and KU be rated #10 and #11 tomorrow.

Coach
It should be Ohio State and LSU.

Dear god, if that's true, that game is over already before the first snap.

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2007, 11:19 PM
No way SC leaps Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech has only lost to the number 2 team and they rectified one of those loses today. All these other guys...OU, OSU, LSU, SC all lost to unranked competition they should have beat.

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Dear god, if that's true, that game is over already before the first snap.

LSU would beat them pretty good.

Eleazar
12-01-2007, 11:21 PM
I imagine that it will affect them a little bit. Their strength of schedule will take a hit, but they may be jumped in the coaches poll by Virginia Tech, LSU, Oklahoma and USC. It wouldn't surprise me to see MU and KU be rated #10 and #11 tomorrow.

I think that if we just polled everyone - forget what they were rated last week, just how they are right now, Mizzou should be in the 7-8-9 range and Kansas following within a couple of spots.

Coach
12-01-2007, 11:21 PM
LSU would beat them pretty good.

Which is why I was perferring to the playoff system. I think it would weed out the teams from whichever conferences that is bad.

I would bet that OSU would be bounced out in the 1st round if they were to play somebody from the SEC or the PAC 10, possibly some of the Big East/Big 12 team.

RJ
12-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I really don't like the BCS, so while I'm sorry for all the Mizzou fans who were disappointed, I'm glad West Virginia lost as well.

Either go to a playoff system or go back to the old poll system. BCS is not efective, IMO.

Bowser
12-01-2007, 11:22 PM
HAWAII!! POLLSTERS BE DAMNED!!!

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I really don't like the BCS, so while I'm sorry for all the Mizzou fans who were disappointed, I'm glad West Virginia lost as well.

Either go to a playoff system or go back to the old poll system. BCS is not efective, IMO.

The old system was worse for sure. I am glad the sports writer element has left the equation.

Mecca
12-01-2007, 11:24 PM
No way SC leaps Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech has only lost to the number 2 team and they rectified one of those loses today. All these other guys...OU, OSU, LSU, SC all lost to unranked competition they should have beat.

You're hoping more than me now.......SC even has a better shot than VT.

RustShack
12-01-2007, 11:25 PM
OSU vs. LSU

Coach
12-01-2007, 11:25 PM
HAWAII!! POLLSTERS BE DAMNED!!!

Unfortunately, they're having a little trouble right now.

That QB for the Huskies looks like Tebow Jr.

Bowser
12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately, they're having a little trouble right now.

That QB for the Huskies looks like Tebow Jr.

I am the official jinx.

ArrowheadHawk
12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Hawaii just isn't that good not championship game good

chiefqueen
12-01-2007, 11:35 PM

I look for voters to drop KU more they normally would to ensure KU does not finish in the top 4. My prediction KU #9 at best Holiday bowl (IF that bowl does not already have an agreement w/TX.

I think the biggest surprise tomorrow will be the bowl invite KU gets

(Here's a Hint: I think there will be a lot of complaining threads by KU fans tomorrow night.)

AS far as MU I hope they like cotton.

Lzen
12-01-2007, 11:37 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/nov/27/analyst_jayhawks_bcsbound/?football
Big 12 outcome unlikely to alter KU’s bowl placement, Palm says

By Ryan Wood

Posted Tuesday, November 27, 2007

advertisement
Hawks wait for bowl decision

No Big 12 championship game for the Kansas football team this weekend. The Jayhawks now wait for a big-time bowl committee to come calling.

No Big 12 championship game for the Kansas football team this weekend. The Jayhawks now wait for a big-time bowl committee to come calling. Watch video »
Talib's Heisman vote goes to Chase Daniel

Chase Daniel is suddenly the starting QB for the top-ranked team in the land and a contender for the Heisman Trophy. Jayhawk CB Aqib Talib says Daniel "ran the show" in Saturday's Border Showdown.

Chase Daniel is suddenly the starting QB for the top-ranked team in the land and a contender for the Heisman Trophy. Jayhawk CB Aqib Talib says Daniel "ran the show" in Saturday's Border Showdown. Watch video »
BCS projections

BCS expert Jerry Palm of collegebcs.com predicts Kansas will go to the Fiesta Bowl no matter the outcome of Saturday’s Big 12 championship game. Here’s Palm’s guess for the BCS bowls if Oklahoma beats Missouri on Saturday in the Big 12 title game:

BCS National Championship: West Virginia vs. Ohio State

Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Georgia

Rose Bowl: Southern Cal vs. Illinois

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Kansas

Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Hawaii

The overwhelming perception is that Saturday’s Big 12 football championship game has huge implications toward Kansas University’s chances of going to a BCS bowl.

That might not be entirely accurate, according to one expert.

“I’m trying to think of how you get to four at-large teams that don’t include Kansas,” said Jerry Palm, who studies the BCS and runs collegebcs.com. “I haven’t come up with a scenario where that happens yet.”

If Palm is right, that means Kansas could end up in the Fiesta Bowl no matter what happens in Saturday’s Big 12 title game between Missouri and Oklahoma.

First, a BCS crash course:

• The BCS consists of five major bowl games — the Fiesta, Rose, Orange and Sugar bowls and the BCS National Championship Game. The Fiesta Bowl, a Jan. 2 game in Glendale, Ariz., has ties with the Big 12.

• Six conference champions — Big 12, Big Ten, Big East, Pac-10, SEC and ACC — get automatic berths. The top two in the overall standings play in the BCS National Championship Game.

• Hawaii has a real shot at locking up a seventh berth. If the Warriors — from the non-affiliated Western Athletic Conference — finish in the top 12 of the BCS standings, they’re in. They currently are No. 12 with a game against 4-8 Washington on Saturday.

• The remaining three BCS berths likely will go to at-large teams. The bowls essentially will get to choose among teams in the top 14 of the BCS standings from the six major conferences (or top 18 if there aren’t enough candidates in the top 14). Only two teams per conference can go to BCS bowl games.

With that in mind, a Missouri victory over Oklahoma would make a Kansas BCS berth highly probable. The Tigers would play in the BCS National Championship Game on Jan. 7, and the Fiesta Bowl is expected to keep its close Big 12 ties in tact. The Jayhawks (11-1) would be the best, if not the only, choice out of the conference.

“I don’t normally say always or never this time of year,” Fiesta Bowl president John Junker said of having a Big 12 team. “But generally speaking, that’s a pretty important thing to us.”

But even if Oklahoma beats Missouri, the Jayhawks still have a shot at going to Arizona. The Sooners would go to the Fiesta Bowl as Big 12 champions, and the bowl would then have to choose an opponent for OU after the Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl makes at-large selections. Palm envisions the Fiesta having a choice among Hawaii, Arizona State, Missouri and Kansas.

Palm thinks it would be the Jayhawks, who could play the Sooners in the postseason since the two didn’t meet in the regular season. Missouri would be out of the question having played Oklahoma twice already.

“It’s not a great choice for the Fiesta Bowl,” Palm said, “but that’s probably the best choice for them.”

Junker was asked Monday if there was any desire for an all-Big 12 Fiesta Bowl.

“As the Big 12’s BCS bowl destination, we have tremendous respect for the conference and the quality of football,” Junker said. “It certainly isn’t anything we would rule out at this point.”

Of course, it’s no lock. For example, Missouri could get picked up by the Orange Bowl before the Fiesta gets a shot at Kansas. That would make the maximum two Big 12 teams in the BCS, shutting the door on KU.

But a Missouri loss to Oklahoma would cripple the Tigers’ chances. The losers of any conference-championship game rarely have snagged an at-large BCS berth in the past — only Oklahoma in 2003 has done it.

History is on KU’s side in that regard.

“I think at some point, somebody takes Kansas,” Palm said. “I don’t see who is more attractive to the Fiesta Bowl as a potential at-large team than Kansas.”

The waiting game continues, however. The final BCS standings — and matchups for all five of the big bowl games — will be unveiled at 7 p.m. Sunday on Fox (Sunflower Broadband channel 4).

Until then, it’s all educated guessing — something that KU coach Mark Mangino hasn’t cramped his brain doing just yet.

“It’s hard to speculate,” Mangino said Sunday. “Things get really complex this time of year. It’s hard to speculate with these championship games and some other games to be played.

“I’d like to say,” he added, “that I’m optimistic about it.”

Perhaps with good reason. But only time will tell for sure.

KC_Connection
12-01-2007, 11:40 PM
I already went through how that was impossible given KU's high CPU ranking.

KC_Connection
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I look for voters to drop KU more they normally would to ensure KU does not finish in the top 4. My prediction KU #9 at best Holiday bowl (IF that bowl does not already have an agreement w/TX.

I think the biggest surprise tomorrow will be the bowl invite KU gets

(Here's a Hint: I think there will be a lot of complaining threads by KU fans tomorrow night.)

AS far as MU I hope they like cotton.
The worst KU can do is the Holiday. The most likely outcome appears to be the Fiesta.

I'd have no problem with either, really.

chiefqueen
12-01-2007, 11:44 PM
I see the voters dropping KU to 13 or 14 even. The voters might be wanting to make the statement "KU does not deserve a BCS Bowl".

ArrowheadHawk
12-01-2007, 11:44 PM
The worst KU can do is the Holiday. The most likely outcome appears to be the Fiesta.

I really think it is going to be Fiesta or Cotton for KU. Unless for some reason the Orange Bowl likes us. I don't see us dropping to the Holiday

ArrowheadHawk
12-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I see the voters dropping KU to 13 or 14 even. The voters might be wanting to make the statement "KU does not deserve a BCS Bowl".
:stupid:

KC_Connection
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Impossible, given that 1/3 of the BCS standings are computer rankings.

KC_Connection
12-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I really think it is going to be Fiesta or Cotton for KU. Unless for some reason the Orange Bowl likes us. I don't see us dropping to the Holiday
Neither do I, but I was just saying Holiday is the worst possibile outcome for us. And that isn't bad at all.

chiefqueen
12-01-2007, 11:55 PM

After the BCS, the bowls can pick any team they want who's eligible, and since the Big XII does not have more bowl teams the slots available, KU could be the last choice.

After the BCS teams are chosen records are usually not the determining factor in picking schools, but a school's reputation in selling thier allotment. KU has not done well in this regard in the past, thus the drop.

ArrowheadHawk
12-01-2007, 11:56 PM
After the BCS, the bowls can pick any team they want who's eligible, and since the Big XII does not have more bowl teams the slots available, KU could be the last choice.

After the BCS teams are chosen records are usually not the determining factor in picking schools, but a school's reputation in selling thier allotment. KU has not done well in this regard in the past, thus the drop.
right like texas would be picked ahead of ku this season

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 12:00 AM
The only logical spot for KU or MU in the BCS is the Fiesta. And since we already lost to Oklahoma twice it makes more since to put Kansas in their rather then MU even though we beat KU and won the North. I would have to agree with that decision.

But that just more reasons why the BCS is a load of shit.

FloridaMan88
12-02-2007, 12:02 AM
8 team playoff is the way to go

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2007, 12:03 AM
8 team playoff is the way to goI agree.

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 12:04 AM
I agree.
isn't that cute, twins

Eleazar
12-02-2007, 12:05 AM
8 team playoff is the way to go

Too many games... just use the top 4 or whatever.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Too many games... just use the top 4 or whatever.

But that doesn't really solve the problem either

Every conference should have a championship game and the winner of that goes into a playoff system

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 12:08 AM
But that doesn't really solve the problem either

Every conference should have a championship game and the winner of that goes into a playoff system
i think some conferences are scared of having 12 teams in their conference

chiefqueen
12-02-2007, 12:10 AM
right like texas would be picked ahead of ku this season

Exactly, and even 6-6 teams Okie St. & Colo. could be picked ahead of KU b/c all Big 12 teams who are bowl eligible are guaraanteed of going to a bowl.

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Exactly, and even 6-6 teams Okie St. & Colo. could be picked ahead of KU b/c all Big 12 teams who are bowl eligible are guaraanteed of going to a bowl.
ok lets pretend i was on a selection committee, why in the **** would i take a lower ranked or unranked team when I could have a top ten team?

KC_Connection
KU is going to be one of 3 one-loss teams in football, and in top 10 in the BCS rankings, if not the top 5.

If they don't make the Fiesta Bowl, I expect they'll play in the Cotton.

Garcia Bronco
Hawaii might not make it. they are struggling against Washington down 14 in the firs half. They have allowed 28 points

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:13 AM
ok lets pretend i was on a selection committee, why in the **** would i take a lower ranked or unranked team when I could have a top ten team?
Kinda a tough argument to beat because it's so logical.

chiefqueen
12-02-2007, 12:14 AM
On KUSports.com somebody posts that if Hawaii loses MU goes to the Sugar Bowl.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:16 AM
They might. There really isn't a lot of good teams remaining, so Missouri might get picked there in front of KU.

ArrowheadHawk
12-02-2007, 12:17 AM
what?

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2007, 12:18 AM

They should.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Can a conference have more then 2 teams in the BCS?

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:19 AM
No.

So if the Sugar Bowl selects Missouri first, then KU would be out of the running for selection by the Fiesta.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Well come on Huskies

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 12:22 AM

No, which is why Florida and one of MU/KU will get left out. :deevee:

chiefqueen
12-02-2007, 12:26 AM
consolidated bowl projections

http://gregdooley.com/archive%202003/1025BowlProjections.html

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Basically, if Hawaii wins, I'm fairly sure KU will get picked for the Fiesta.

If Hawaii doesn't win, well KU could still get picked anyway in the Sugar, and if they don't, they'll move to the Cotton.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Basically, if Hawaii wins, I'm fairly sure KU will get picked for the Fiesta.

If Hawaii doesn't win, well KU could still get picked anyway in the Sugar, and if they don't, they'll move to the Cotton.

No way does Kansas get picked for the Sugar over Mizzou. The only reason you are getting the nod over MU in the Fiesta is because we already played Oklahoma twice.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Wait a second...does the Sugar Bowl actually pick the at-large before the Fiesta? I don't know why I've assumed that.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:37 AM
No way does Kansas get picked for the Sugar over Mizzou. The only reason you are getting the nod over MU in the Fiesta is because we already played Oklahoma twice.
Read the Sugar Bowl.
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Read the Sugar Bowl.

Thats assuming Hawaii wins, if they lose they aren't going to the Sugar

Plus I can write predictions myself, they are worth just as much

cosmo20002
12-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Both KU and MU are going to go to Not The Title Game Bowl. Therefore, why do I care if its the Fiesta, Cotton or whatever?

Someone has done a great job convincing people that 'going to a BCS game' (other than for the title) is a special event. 10 teams make the BCS. Wow, what a thrill to go to the 5th-best bowl game!

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Wait a second...does the Sugar Bowl actually pick the at-large before the Fiesta? I don't know why I've assumed that.

The Rose Bowl would get 1st pick since OSU is gone and they are ranked #1. If LSU goes then Sugar would get 2nd pick. Then the order for this year is Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, Rose for the remaining slots.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:42 AM
The Fiesta selects before the Sugar, the Hawaii game doesn't matter. It appears KU will go to the Fiesta.

"A. The bowl played on the date nearest to the National Championship Game (for 2008, Orange Bowl) will pick first;
B. The bowl played on the date second-nearest to the National Championship Game (for 2008, Fiesta Bowl) will pick second;
C. The bowl hosting the game that is played in the time slot immediately after the Rose Bowl game (for 2008, Sugar Bowl) will pick third.

The rotation noted in paragraphs A, B and C is as follows:
January 2007 games: Sugar, Orange, Fiesta
January 2008 games: Orange, Fiesta, Sugar
January 2009 games: Fiesta, Sugar, Orange
January 2010 games: Orange, Fiesta, Sugar"

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

chiefqueen
12-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Both KU and MU are going to go to Not The Title Game Bowl. Therefore, why do I care if its the Fiesta, Cotton or whatever?

Someone has done a great job convincing people that 'going to a BCS game' (other than for the title) is a special event. 10 teams make the BCS. Wow, what a thrill to go to the 5th-best bowl game!

For a non-FB power like KU this may be the only time in my lifetime KU goes to a major (BCS) Bowl.

SPchief
12-02-2007, 12:44 AM
consolidated bowl projections

http://gregdooley.com/archive%202003/1025BowlProjections.html

Clearly a couple of those sites haven't updated based on todays results.

Please report back tommorrow.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:46 AM
The Rose Bowl would get 1st pick since OSU is gone and they are ranked #1. If LSU goes then Sugar would get 2nd pick. Then the order for this year is Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, Rose for the remaining slots.
So I would project it to go Illinois, Georgia/LSU (whichever one doesn't go to NC), West Virginia, Kansas, and Arizona State I guess???

Seriously, if Hawaii loses, I see no team that really deserves to go to that game who can....maybe Clemson?!?!

SPchief
12-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Read the Sugar Bowl.

LMAO Notre Dame earns an automatic berth if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings, while non-BCS schools can earn bids if ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings or ranked ahead of a BCS conference champ.

chiefqueen
12-02-2007, 12:48 AM

The Rose Bowl will take Illionis b/c they want the Big 1(1)0-Pac matchup, even if one is not deserving of a BCS bid.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Yeah...if Hawaii loses, it probably actually improves KU's chances of making a BCS bowl because the candidates to be picked in front of them will have gone down one.

That poster on kusports.com is just wrong.

cosmo20002
12-02-2007, 12:51 AM
For a non-FB power like KU this may be the only time in my lifetime KU goes to a major (BCS) Bowl.

Why is it 'major'? Because someone said so? You can be the 18th-rated team this year and go to a BCS bowl. Unless you're playing for the title, its just another bowl game. And I'm a KU alum. As a fan, I don't see that winning the Fiesta would be any more exciting than winning the Cotton or whatever.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Why is it 'major'? Because someone said so? You can be the 18th-rated team this year and go to a BCS bowl. Unless you're playing for the title, its just another bowl game. And I'm a KU alum. As a fan, I don't see that winning the Fiesta would be any more exciting than winning the Cotton or whatever.
I'd like to play OU personally, but you're right there really isn't much of a difference.

I don't really want to wake up on New Year's Day for the Cotton Bowl though

Bugeater
12-02-2007, 12:53 AM
It's "major" because of the payout, and that it's a prime-time game in an attractive location, as opposed to a game that's played in a dump at 10am New Year's morning.

cosmo20002
12-02-2007, 12:58 AM
It's "major" because of the payout, and that it's a prime-time game in an attractive location, as opposed to a game that's played in a dump at 10am New Year's morning.

I suppose the payout is a difference, but that's for the school's administration to get excited about. As a fan, payouts aren't all that fun to cheer for.

Coach
12-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Touchdown, Hawaii.

Thig Lyfe
12-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Read the Sugar Bowl.

Holy shit. According to them, Kansas could slide into #2?

Wha?!?!?

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 02:02 AM

Wha?!?!?LMAO

Coach
12-02-2007, 02:05 AM
Which brings up another question. Is there also a remote possibility that the National Championship could be split?

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 02:18 AM

Wha?!?!?
As I said, their CPU rank will be high. The polls probably will put them below the conference champions, but I suppose it is possible that they could put KU in front of the other teams by virtue of their 1 loss.

Mecca
12-02-2007, 02:26 AM
The Fiesta Bowl is going to take ASU and Oklahoma...they aren't taking 2 Big 12 teams.

KC_Connection
12-02-2007, 02:47 AM
The Fiesta Bowl is going to take ASU and Oklahoma...they aren't taking 2 Big 12 teams.
Dude, do you ever know when to shut up?

Why would they take a mediocre ASU who almost lost to Arizona today with an 11-1 KU team sitting there? And it isn't just me that thinks this, this is the common experts pick right now.

Mecca
12-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Dude, do you ever know when to shut up?

Why would they take a mediocre ASU who almost lost to Arizona today with an 11-1 KU team sitting there? And it isn't just me that thinks this, this is the common experts pick right now.

Because it's their ****in back yard? It's at their damn stadium, there will be tremendous local pressure to take them....

chiefqueen
12-02-2007, 08:14 AM
I like this projection, the Granddaddy of projections:

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games_bowl_schedule.html

chiefqueen
12-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Latest CNNSI Projections has the Jayhawkers invading South Beach in early Jan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/12/02/bowl.projections.1201/index.html?eref=T1

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Latest CNNSI Projections has the Jayhawkers invading South Beach in early Jan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/stewart_mandel/12/02/bowl.projections.1201/index.html?eref=T1

Florida/Michigan? Mizzou/Arkansas? :Lin:

Would much rather see a Florida/Mizzou or Florida/Kansas or Florida/ASU

Playing Michigan wouldn't be that fun to watch. Mizzou/Arkansas would be a boring matchup as well.

Spott
12-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Playing Michigan wouldn't be that fun to watch. Mizzou/Arkansas would be a boring matchup as well.

Mizzou/Florida would be fun to watch, especially in these parts. I doubt MU would win that matchup, but it would be a better game than either of those matchups.

Coach
12-02-2007, 10:27 AM

If Michigan play Florida in the Capital One Bowl, it's gonna be a disaster.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 10:38 AM

I don't understand this line of reasoning. If the voters were going to do that, why didn't they do it last week? KU was #5 and #7 between the 2 polls and #5 BCS.

splatbass
12-02-2007, 10:46 AM
well another good thing for the big 12, Hawaii is starting to get ass pounded

Hawaii 35
Washington 28

;)

UH had a bad first quarter, three fumbles, but their offense can score a lot of points fast. They were down 21 points in the 1st, but I still expected them to win. And I was right.

:)

Lzen
12-02-2007, 11:10 AM
I like this projection, the Granddaddy of projections:

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games_bowl_schedule.html

I don't.