PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you take a Radio to the game anymore?

pr_capone
12-02-2007, 10:45 AM
I used to take a radio to the game ages ago so I could listen to Mitch and them give me some play by play during the game.

With this 5 second delay thing the FCC has going on... is anyone still bringing radios to the game? If so, is the action close enough that it does not drive you crazy?

Bugeater
12-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Well, I don't go to games too often, but I would listen to it instead of the douchebags on TV if it wasn't for that stupid delay.

pr_capone
12-02-2007, 10:52 AM
I used to turn the tv to mute and crank up the radio.... but since the delay, I just have not been able to.

Even tried to time everything with the DVR and such...... still no joy.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2007, 10:55 AM
is anyone still bringing radios to the game?

No,

Im not 65, retired and dont have any grandkids yet.

MIAdragon
12-02-2007, 11:06 AM
If you do PLESE wear head phones. There was this A hole at the last Chiefs Fins game here Miami that had his radio up as loud as it could go. After repeated attempts to ask him to turn it down by at least 10 people he stood up and pointed it at us. So after he sat back down I "spilled" my beer all over it, what a shame I had to waste a beer I know. But no more GD radio.

dj56dt58
12-02-2007, 11:35 AM
If you do PLESE wear head phones. There was this A hole at the last Chiefs Fins game here Miami that had his radio up as loud as it could go. After repeated attempts to ask him to turn it down by at least 10 people he stood up and pointed it at us. So after he sat back down I "spilled" my beer all over it, what a shame I had to waste a beer I know. But no more GD radio.
you owe me a radio mother****er

MIAdragon
12-02-2007, 11:36 AM
you owe me a radio mother****er

after the game buddy.

pr_capone
12-02-2007, 11:54 AM

I have noise cancelling headphones.... its the only way I would listen.

MIAdragon
12-02-2007, 12:09 PM
I have noise cancelling headphones.... its the only way I would listen.

Then by all means, I do miss play by play commentary when I go to games.

Baby Lee
12-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Sirius has Mitch and Lenny, without the 5 sec delay.

I can confirm, as I switched from the KCFX I-net feed to Sirius, and the Sirius was 5 secs ahead.