PDA

View Full Version : Get the hell away from our draft pick!

Ugly Duck
12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Jeesh c'mon you fuggers.... I was pulling for you to beat the Dolts. Not because I love you so much.... but because I don't want you to pick ahead of us in the draft! We're smacking Denver around at halftime 14-7... if we beat 'em we're tied with you in the cellar. Gawd I hate your team....

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Gotta love mutual disrespect. :)

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Seriously... once you lose to the Raiders at Arrowhead?..

You kinda know it's time to play for a draft pick.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Jake Long will be ours! He'll be pancaking Derrick Burgess for years! Mwahahaha!

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Looks like JaMarcus Russell has thrown his first NFL pass.

4/7 56 yards

Pablo
12-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Mwhahaha.. we shall steal your pick, you dirty Raiders.

In the scheme of things, we win.

Chiefs>Raiders.

RNR
12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Jake Long will be ours! He'll be pancaking Derrick Burgess for years! Mwahahaha!
Thats fine I will take Chris Long

Mecca
12-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Chris Long is going to be a star.......I think he's about the safest pick in the draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Chris Long is going to be a star.......I think he's about the safest pick in the draft.

:spock:

Sorry, but that goes to Darren McFadden.

Mecca
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM

I don't really count him, he's a RB but if a team bad enough to pick top 5, unless it's the Pats takes him...

By the time their team is good he won't be anymore.....I wouldn't take the RB over the DE when my team wasn't good.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 04:35 PM

I could see Carl picking McFadden over something we need

Ugly Duck
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Looks like JaMarcus Russell has thrown his first NFL pass.

4/7 56 yards

Cutler vs Jamarcus at halftime:

Cutler..... 7/12 for 67 yards
Russell.... 4/7 for 54 yards

Cutler gets the edge - he's got 13 yards more than Jamarcus with @ the same completion percentage. But then.... Russell only played a couple of minutes & Cutler played the entire half....

Pablo
12-02-2007, 04:38 PM
I could see Carl picking McFadden over something we needAlmost any franchise would. But there's not a chance in hell he'd ever fall down to us. The Pats will take him if he did fall as far as 4th, because they're kind of depleted on talent and they really need the offensive firepower he provides.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Cutler vs Jamarcus at halftime:

Cutler..... 7/12 for 67 yards
Russell.... 4/7 for 54 yards

Cutler gets the edge - he's got 13 yards more than Jamarcus with @ the same completion percentage. But then.... Russell only played a couple of minutes & Cutler played the entire half....

Don't be too hard on Russell. He doesn't have Bowe bailing him out anymore.

KcMizzou
Almost any franchise would. But there's not a chance in hell he'd ever fall down to us. The Pats will take him if he did fall as far as 4th, because they're kind of depleted on talent and they really need the offensive firepower he provides.Wait, what?

Mecca
I think McFadden does fall to 4....Peterson fell to 7. If your team is really really shitty it's not worth it to take a RB with a top 3 pick.

Pablo
Thats fine I will take Chris LongYeah..like he'd ever be able to get past our line anyways..

Oh, wait. It's not 2003 anymore.

Pablo
12-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Wait, what?Just a tiny bit of sarcasm in that post.

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Almost any franchise would. But there's not a chance in hell he'd ever fall down to us. The Pats will take him if he did fall as far as 4th, because they're kind of depleted on talent and they really need the offensive firepower he provides.

I see, we would take a stud RB while our line sucks and be stuck paying LJ his 100 billion dollar contract. Another awesome move by this franchise.

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Just a tiny bit of sarcasm in that post.Shew.. thanks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't really count him, he's a RB but if a team bad enough to pick top 5, unless it's the Pats takes him...

By the time their team is good he won't be anymore.....I wouldn't take the RB over the DE when my team wasn't good.

The point isn't that the Chiefs should take him, the point is that he is the safest of any pick.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Cutler intercepted again!

LMAO

GO RAIDERS

Pablo
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I see, we would take a stud RB while our line sucks and be stuck paying LJ his 100 billion dollar contract. Another awesome move by this franchise.More than likely. If nothing else we'd hold him hostage for more picks.

kstater
12-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Almost any franchise would. But there's not a chance in hell he'd ever fall down to us. The Pats will take him if he did fall as far as 4th, because they're kind of depleted on talent and they really need the offensive firepower he provides.

You think he's going #1? Because the way things are headed, the Chiefs could end up #2.

Mecca
12-02-2007, 04:43 PM
The point isn't that the Chiefs should take him, the point is that he is the safest of any pick.

Oh that's fine then, but to me if a team like the Jets took him over Chris Long I'd consider it a stupid pick. They'd win a couple more games but wouldn't really compete and then he'd be done in 5 years and that's being generous.

I think he's gonna end up on the Pats...scary.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Wait, what?

He might be referring to the fact of the Patriots owning the 49er's first round pick in 2008. The rich get richer.

Pablo
12-02-2007, 04:46 PM
You think he's going #1? Because the way things are headed, the Chiefs could end up #2.I suppose I was pinning us somewhere in the 5-7 range.

With the Rams, Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, Falcons, 49ers and possibly a few others under or above us.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 04:47 PM
17-7, Oakland!

THE AUTUMN WIND IS A RAIDER!

BLOWING DOWN THE DRAFT BOARD!

Mecca
12-02-2007, 04:48 PM
This is hilarious.....lets cheer for all the bad teams to win, other than Miami because that's to unrealistic.

kstater
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
This is hilarious.....lets cheer for all the bad teams to win, other than Miami because that's to unrealistic.

Hell yeah, plus I don't thin mathematically catch Miami with the tiebreakers.

Mecca
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Beer Bacon is now going to show up and tell us we don't want top 10 picks because they are to expensive..he told me that once.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
FUMBLE!!!

RAIDERS RECOVER!!!!

WOOOO!

unothadeal
12-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Oakland wins, who gets higher pick?

Bowser
12-02-2007, 04:52 PM
FUMBLE!!!

RAIDERS RECOVER!!!!

WOOOO!

Is this game streaming somewhere?

kstater
12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Wait, in the draft, isn't it a coinflip?

OnTheWarpath15
December 2, 2007.

The day the Raiders climb out of the AFCW basement.

Hammock Parties
TOUCHDOWN RAIDERS!!!

JOSH MCCOWN IS MY HERO!

24-7 good guys!

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
No matter how hard I try, I cannot root for the Raiders

Is there somehow both teams can lose

KCJohnny
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
So what if we get a top 5 pick and the best player available is a QB (Darren Woodson?)?

KcMizzou
12-02-2007, 04:56 PM
TOUCHDOWN RAIDERS!!!

JOSH MCCOWN IS MY HERO!

24-7 good guys!Good guys?

That's a bit much.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 05:01 PM
So what if we get a top 5 pick and the best player available is a QB (Darren Woodson?)?

Andre.

It would be tough not to take him. But unless we fix this O-Line, no QB this side of Fran Tarkenton is going to do anything for this offense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh that's fine then, but to me if a team like the Jets took him over Chris Long I'd consider it a stupid pick. They'd win a couple more games but wouldn't really compete and then he'd be done in 5 years and that's being generous.

I think he's gonna end up on the Pats...scary.

It's a definite possibility, but I could also see the Pats trading down to collect a couple of LBs to replace that ancient corps.

Pablo
12-02-2007, 05:06 PM
TOUCHDOWN RAIDERS!!!

JOSH MCCOWN IS MY HERO!

24-7 good guys!Turncoat son-of-a-bitch.

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
The Raiders are just owning the Donkeys.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 05:11 PM
The Raiders are just owning the Donkeys.

How are you guys seeing the game? Are you watching it over the 'net? If so, where?

OnTheWarpath15
12-02-2007, 05:12 PM
How are you guys seeing the game? Are you watching it over the 'net? If so, where?

Nope. On the ticket.

kcpasco
This should shut those Donkey fans up who were shouting Superbowl after they beat us in Arrowhead

dirk digler

Sunday Ticket

Sea Bass just shanked a FG attempt

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Donkeys are coming alive and Cutler is making some long throws

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Cutlerception!!!

GO RAIDERS!

blueballs
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
The Herm lead Chiefs
are AFC West cellar bound

KCJohnny
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Andre.

It would be tough not to take him. But unless we fix this O-Line, no QB this side of Fran Tarkenton is going to do anything for this offense.

Agree 100%. but what happens if the BPA is a QB? Do we draft a QB with Brodie QBotF Croyle on the squad? What is the BPA is a RB - do we take a RB with the investment we already have in LJ? What if the BPA is a DE?

I just hope Jake Long is still on the board when we pick.

wazu
12-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Agree 100%. but what happens if the BPA is a QB? Do we draft a QB with Brodie QBotF Croyle on the squad? What is the BPA is a RB - do we take a RB with the investment we already have in LJ? What if the BPA is a DE?

I just hope Jake Long is still on the board when we pick.

We're not good enough for BPA. I think we should go BPA among a handful of positions - O-line (any) or Cornerback need to be the target, but if it's close at all go O-line.

The only way we should deviate from that is if there is a complete freak of a player at another defensive position or at WR. I haven't looked at the draft projections yet to know if this is even a possibility.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 05:59 PM
TOUCHDOWN RAIDERS!!!

Thank you, Al Davis.

KCJohnny
12-02-2007, 05:59 PM
We're not good enough for BPA. I think we should go BPA among a handful of positions - O-line (any) or Cornerback need to be the target, but if it's close at all go O-line.

The only way we should deviate from that is if there is a complete freak of a player at another defensive position or at WR. I haven't looked at the draft projections yet to know if this is even a possibility.

I saw a mock draft that had KC selecting UK QB Andre Woodson...

:hmmm:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM

Easily the dumbest post of the week.

If you are *this* bad you can't do anything OTHER than select BPA. And explain WTF you are going to draft a cornerback with a high pick when it is the least important position on defense in a Cover 2??

1ChiefsDan
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I hate to root for the faiders - but it sure makes monday easier going to work when the donks lose! Tied for last in the West with the faid - a glorious day for the King.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
WE STILL HAVE A SHOT AT A NON LOSING SEASON!!

wazu
12-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Easily the dumbest post of the week.

If you are *this* bad you can't do anything OTHER than select BPA. And explain WTF you are going to draft a cornerback with a high pick when it is the least important position on defense in a Cover 2??

Tight End, Def End, Running Back. You want us to draft these guys if they edge out O-line players? I also think corners are going to suddenly seem a lot more important when we don't have any, or when the next coach comes in and doesn't want to run the Cover-2. I could be talked out of it if Brackenridge or one of those guys has stepped up in practice and looks like they will actually start, but it seems like a long shot that two undrafted free agents will really end up being that good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Tight End, Def End, Running Back. You want us to draft these guys if they edge out O-line players? I also think corners are going to suddenly seem a lot more important when we don't have any, or when the next coach comes in and doesn't want to run the Cover-2. I could be talked out of it if Brackenridge or one of those guys has stepped up in practice and looks like they will actually start, but it seems like a long shot that two undrafted free agents will really end up being that good.

You'd have to be retarded to think that any TE or Rb outside of McFadden would even approach BPA where we pick. And if we lose Allen, DE is absolutely a position of need.

Toad
12-02-2007, 09:13 PM
...WTF you are going to draft a cornerback with a high pick when it is the least important position on defense in a Cover 2??

Sorry to jump in here, but your comment struck me. It's hard to agree that the CB is the least imortant position in ANY defense. They may be less valued in this defense relatively, but not the least.

That said, I can see why the Chiefs would not pick one in R1. First, the quality is not there. I don't see worthiness in the top 15. Second, I think Herm can judge some quality in R2 or R3.

blueballs
12-02-2007, 09:18 PM
They can trade HUTARD
to the birds for thug Hall

Ugly Duck
12-02-2007, 11:00 PM
So are you guys ahead of us in the draft because your conference record is .333 and ours is .444? Who's winning the draft position race?

kcpasco
12-02-2007, 11:19 PM
That pick is ours Ugly Duck, you keep your grubby little Raider paws off it

Ugly Duck
12-02-2007, 11:59 PM
That pick is ours Ugly Duck, you keep your grubby little Raider paws off it

Here's the way we're listed in the NFL.com standings:

#27 Raiders....(pick #6)
#26 Chiefs......(pick #7)
#19 Denver.....(pick #14)
#11 Chargers...(pick #22)

(unless KC is really ahead cuz your conference record is worse)

Pablo
12-03-2007, 12:16 AM

#27 Raiders....(pick #6)

Oh, don't worry..we'll get that pick from you. When we go out to Denver next week and get our asses handed to us, then we'll be sitting pretty.

Mr Luzcious
12-03-2007, 12:23 AM
I could see winding up with the third or fourth pick when its all said and done.. I don't think the chiefs will have a problem losing out.

Pablo
12-03-2007, 12:26 AM
I could see winding up with the third or fourth pick when its all said and done.. I don't think the chiefs will have a problem losing out.If we get three, we could probably snag Jake Long or Chris Long...both would be nice, although a DE isn't our main concern right now.

Mr Luzcious
12-03-2007, 12:29 AM
If we get three, we could probably snag Jake Long or Chris Long...both would be nice, although a DE isn't our main concern right now.

Maybe I'm just misinformed, but I'm not that big of a fan of Jake Long, I'd almost rather they tried to trade down and grab one of the many other (presumably) worthy OTs.

Pablo
12-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Maybe I'm just misinformed, but I'm not that big of a fan of Jake Long, I'd almost rather they tried to trade down and grab one of the many other (presumably) worthy OTs.I've watched Michigan play a couple of games this year and he's a damn solid OT. Very nice prospect.

I guess Oher out of Ole Miss is supposed to be better, but I haven't watched them play. He's a JR., but he might be declaring for the draft, and the reviews for Clady have been less than desirable.

I watched the guy from BC the other night, Cherilius, I think, and wasn't blown away or disappointed.

Mr Luzcious
12-03-2007, 12:44 AM
I've watched Michigan play a couple of games this year and he's a damn solid OT. Very nice prospect.

I guess Oher out of Ole Miss is supposed to be better, but I haven't watched them play. He's a JR., but he might be declaring for the draft, and the reviews for Clady have been less than desirable.

I watched the guy from BC the other night, Cherilius, I think, and wasn't blown away or disappointed.

:shrug:

I'm sure everything will be turned on its end come springtime. And sportswriters nitpick the prospects so much I end up not liking any of them, but as it is, I would certainly be pretty happy if the chiefs were able to take Jake.

Ugly Duck
12-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Oh, don't worry..we'll get that pick from you. When we go out to Denver next week and get our asses handed to us, then we'll be sitting pretty.

I dunno, dood... I didn't see your game & apparently you didn't see ours. The Donks sucked really bad - I mean they were just horrible. Earlier in the season they had a couple of miracle wins that they really should have lost. They are so close to having only 3 wins so far. They belong right at the bottom with the worst of teams. I can't see you losing to that miserable team... they were really weenies today.

beer bacon
12-03-2007, 12:50 AM
I could see winding up with the third or fourth pick when its all said and done.. I don't think the chiefs will have a problem losing out.

I am actually looking forward to this. I am also feeling pretty disgusted with myself. Maybe we can finally draft a great tackle.

kcpasco
12-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Hey now, don't come in here saying how much more the Donks suck then us. That pick belongs to us and us alone, you only wish we could win that game

;)

beer bacon
12-03-2007, 12:51 AM
I dunno, dood... I didn't see your game & apparently you didn't see ours. The Donks sucked really bad - I mean they were just horrible. Earlier in the season they had a couple of miracle wins that they really should have lost. They are so close to having only 3 wins so far. They belong right at the bottom with the worst of teams. I can't see you losing to that miserable team... they were really weenies today.

Well, it takes a miracle for KC to score more than 13 points. We are shoe-ins for a great draft pick, and nobody, not even a horrible Raiders or Broncos team, is going take that away from us.

HolmeZz
12-03-2007, 01:08 AM

#27 Raiders....(pick #6)

It's not by conference record. It's by SOS. The team with the worse SOS gets the higher selection.

Ugly Duck
12-03-2007, 01:34 AM
It's not by conference record. It's by SOS. The team with the worse SOS gets the higher selection.

Thanks

SBK
12-03-2007, 03:14 AM

I really can't see us winning another game this year. We are horrible.
@DEN
ROFL
TEN we won't score 10
@DET
@NYJ

Losing to the Jets will be horrible, but we aren't winning on the road even when we're good. :banghead:

Mecca
12-03-2007, 03:18 AM
The fact that 3 of the 4 are on the road pretty much cements that they probably won't win another game...

KCJohnny
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
I've watched Michigan play a couple of games this year and he's a damn solid OT. Very nice prospect.

Our need at OL is so awful, we need to get Long #1 if he is on the board. Build an O around the right players - Croyle, Bowe and Jake Long!

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Our need at OL is so awful, we need to get Long #1 if he is on the board. Build an O around the right players - Croyle, Bowe and Jake Long!

Start rooting for the Rams, Jets, 49ers, and Raiders to win.

KCJohnny
12-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Start rooting for the Rams, Jets, 49ers, and Raiders to win.
Rams can pass us. Raiders will pass us. 49ers are even worse than we are on offense. Jets scored 40 last week. We should have a top 3 pick. We've won our last game of the 2007 season. Herm threw in the towel in preseason. Seriously.