PDA

View Full Version : Ten Things From Today: The Torture Never Stops

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Been a long time since I've endured a five game losing streak with the Chiefs. I told my wife today I felt 25 years younger, because today's game experience was like something out of 1982. I've been going to Chiefs games since 1965. I've missed attending maybe a half a dozen home games my whole life. Things are bad, boys. Bad. I haven't felt this bad about the Chiefs since Frank Gansz was head coach.

Here's 10 observations from today:

1) There must have been 15,000 no shows today. Serious empty seats upstairs and in the Gold "Johnson County" section. It was cold, but not terrible cold like snow & ice games. Still, I can't blame people sitting up in the nosebleed section for not showing up. It got colder as the game went on, wind never did stop blowing.

2) Chris Terry is so bad they didn't even dress him today. Last week he got pissed when I called him the human speed bump. This week they started Turley, who's even worse, if that's possible. At least you have to slow down to go over a speed bump.

3) Damon Huard is a pussy. He reminds me of Bill Kenney in the 80's. He comes out for the second half tied up, when things start to go bad, mostly because of his fumbles and picks, he suddenly hurts his hand and can't play. Reminds me of Rodney in Caddyshack "Oooh....my arm, I think it's broken." Then "Pigpen" comes in and gives me another 80's flashback. A), because he's the first Chiefs QB to wear #4 since Steve Fuller and B), because the threw a pick on his second attempt, which reminded me of Steve Fuller. I think Huard will hang it up next year, he just doesn't seem to have the want to anymore.

4) Bennie Sapp wanted to play in the second half. When he came out of the locker room, they hid his helmet. He went to Herm, and Herm just shook his head at him. He was pissed and went back to the locker room, didn't see him again all game.

5) Patrick Surtain and Ty Law are both done. Law had a pick thrown right to him, but couldn't tackle worth spit today. Surtain got burned for a bomb, and the receiver had to wait for the ball because the wind held it up. On a normal day he would have been beat by 20 yards instead of 10. Pathetic pass coverage.

6) If I remember correctly, both of LT's TD runs were on third and inches? How can that happen?

7) Kudos to Jared Allen today. He came off the field limping because he got cut blocked Donkeys style, walked it off, then went in a caught our only TD pass today. Our receiving corps should be mortified. Jared Allen out performed them today. He made a nice catch, too. And I got one of his gloves after the game today. That was the only redeeming quality for sitting out there today for me.

8) We have to find two tackles for next week's game somewhere. McIntosh is gimpy, and basically has been all year. Turley and Terry are awful. Does Svitek even speak English? He looks like an eastern european weight lifter...

9) We should activate our entire practice squad for the rest of the year, and start anybody with three years or less experience. We're not going to learn anything from our vets we don't already know. I'm serious. Bench them all. Play all the new guys the rest of the year. And if Brodie can't play, start Pigpen.

10) King Carl had the gall to play commercials saying "It's not too early to start paying for 2008 season tickets now!" He won't be able to send out a desperation playoff money letter this year. Why in the world would anybody pay any playoff money until the payments were due? It's insulting, and typical, of this clueless, greedy front office.

BTW: Percy Snow's thread "Can the Fans Take Some Blame" is attention whoring at its worst. Nuthooks.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Chris Terry is so bad they didn't even dress him today.

His mom died. That was the excuse, at least.

Patrick Surtain and Ty Law are both done.

Yep. And Carl, in his glory, handed those guys about 25 million guaranteed.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Thanks George. As always, insightful, funny and scathing all in one.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
GBlo: These weekly threads rock. Keep it up.

FAX
12-02-2007, 05:39 PM
No middle fingers elevated in your direction today, Mr. gblowfish? Things are looking up!!!

FAX

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I heard on the way home that this is the first time we've lost to all our AFC West opponents at home in 30 YEARS.

That fact has to raise some eyebrows. It floored me.

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 05:41 PM
No middle fingers elevated in your direction today, Mr. gblowfish? Things are looking up!!!

Well Mr. Fax, the whole second half the entire team gave the fans the finger metaphorically, so they've got that going for them...

Chiefnj2
12-02-2007, 05:43 PM
chris terry's mom died this week. He missed practice most of the week. I thought that might have something to do with him not playing.

bdeg
12-02-2007, 05:45 PM
LT gets his touchdowns on third and short because we bring the safeties up in run support. A stop or break defense unfortunately. Maybe not every time but I remember it happening last year too.

That's funy about Benny Sapp, he may be childish but this team needs some passion.

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 05:45 PM
chris terry's mom died this week. He missed practice most of the week. I thought that might have something to do with him not playing.
I didn't know that, and I feel sorry for his loss.
I hope he has a better, more productive year next year, which ever Sears location he ends up working at.

KCFalcon59
12-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I heard on the way home that this is the first time we've lost to all our AFC West opponents at home in 30 YEARS.

Thank God Seattle isn't in our division still.

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 05:59 PM
#10 is pathetic. Carl raising them every year, is the main reason I dumped mine after 12 years. Thank God I did! Every game I feel vindicated somehow because I am saving the money. It makes up a little for all the bum games I Did pay for.

Thanks Carl.

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
#10 is pathetic. Carl raising them every year, is the main reason I dumped mine after 12 years. Thank God I did! Every game I feel vindicated somehow because I am saving the money. It makes up a little for all the bum games I Did pay for.

Thanks Carl.

The thing that burns me, is if you send in money early for "playoff games" and get none, like the last couple times they've asked for money, they sit on it and apply it to your next years tickets. Make hundreds of thousands of dollars in interest. Also, if you're a season ticket holder, you pay full boat well ahead of the regular season, and then games like today they were dumping tickets upstairs for $25 each. I talked to a guy outside the stadium about 10 minutes before game time, he had six tickets and were offering them for ten bucks each. No takers. Amazing.

I think when Donnie Edwards got hurt in the second half that really hurt our defense. He's a stabilizing factor back there. At one point they had McGraw at safety in the fourth quarter because Wesley was hurt. Man....talk about bad news. Hope Edwards is not seriously hurt. I love watching him play.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Hope Edwards is not seriously hurt. I love watching him play.

Sounds like Carl duped you. Another fine move. He knew that would get butts in the seats!

Halfcan
12-02-2007, 06:13 PM
The thing that burns me, is if you send in money early for "playoff games" and get none, like the last couple times they've asked for money, they sit on it and apply it to your next years tickets. Make hundreds of thousands of dollars in interest. Also, if you're a season ticket holder, you pay full boat well ahead of the regular season, and then games like today they were dumping tickets upstairs for $25 each. I talked to a guy outside the stadium about 10 minutes before game time, he had six tickets and were offering them for ten bucks each. No takers. Amazing.

I think when Donnie Edwards got hurt in the second half that really hurt our defense. He's a stabilizing factor back there. At one point they had McGraw at safety in the fourth quarter because Wesley was hurt. Man....talk about bad news. Hope Edwards is not seriously hurt. I love watching him play.

Yes I had quite an unused ticket collection, from games that never materialized. Paying FULL price for preseason games Sucked also. It use to piss me off when friends were getting in for $20 and I paid Full price.

I miss tailgating bad-but not, driving home bummed out after games like these.

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Sounds like Carl duped you. Another fine move. He knew that would get butts in the seats!
I outlasted Jack Steadman and Jim Schaaf. I'll outlast King Carl too.

I can love the Chiefs, and hate what has happened to them.

I know that I will projectile vomit when they put Carl's name up on the ring. And you know they will too, when the new stadium construction is done. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they name an executive washroom after him too.

Coach
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM

As I mentioned on several threads. The last time that happened was in 1977 (Den 14 KC 7, Oak 37 KC 28, SD 23 KC 7, Sea 34 KC 31)

Extra Point
12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
I remember Bill Grigby so disgusted after a loss to Denver in the late 70's or early 80's, that he was going home for the sole purpose of tying one on to get the bad taste out of his mouth.

This game was a great reason to fall off the wagon. It's easy to fall of the wagon, when you've been thrown under the bus.

Correction: On #3, it was his third attempt. The second was P-I.

burt
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I outlasted Jack Steadman and Jim Schaaf. I'll outlast King Carl too.

I can love the Chiefs, and hate what has happened to them.

I know that I will projectile vomit when they put Carl's name up on the ring. And you know they will too, when the new stadium construction is done. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they name an executive washroom after him too.

and I hope everyone pisses on the seat!!!

KCTitus
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
You're right...it is bad, really bad. I think the most frustrating thing for me is the loss of the home field advantage that Arrowhead used to have over he last 20 years or so. You knew when they played at home, they had a good chance of winning...well, unless it was a playoff game...but I digress.

Im starting to wonder if the team has quit on Herm. When Marty lost his team in 1998, he was out, and when Gunther lost his team in 2000, he was out too...Given the fact that we're stuck with Carl for two more seasons, Im getting the sick feeling that we're stuck with Herm as well.

Im not sure how it could be possible, but if the team quits or gives up on Herms direction and Carl sticks with Herm, it could get much worse.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Im starting to wonder if the team has quit on Herm.

I don't think so. You'd see it on the field. I see effort, particularly from the defense. Herm said as much in his post-game interview.

burt
12-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I came up with the only good news from today. Chiefs merchandise will go on sale and we Chiefs faithfull can stock up for the chance to wear it again with pride....in a few years. Oh, and the spagetti I made instead of going to the game, rocked!

Deberg_1990
12-02-2007, 08:12 PM
This team has now reached the level of: Nobody cares

Definately the lowest ive seen the team since 1988. I hope Clark pulls a 1989 on Carl all over again. New blood and a fresh approach is always good.

KCTitus
12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
This team has now reached the level of: Nobody cares

Ive definately reached that point...Ive not been this apathetic since 87-88, but the people are still showing up. Back then, there were maybe 20,000 going to the games. It's not quite that bad...yet.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2007, 08:18 PM
but the people are still showing up. Back then, there were maybe 20,000 going to the games. It's not quite that bad...yet.

Thats because most of the seats were already bought a long time ago. Back in the 80's the season ticket base wasnt nearly as large. The real test will be the season ticket renewals in the off-season or lack thereof.

I dont think the Chiefs publish those stats though??

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Thats because most of the seats were already bought a long time ago. Back in the 80's the season ticket base wasnt nearly as large. The real test will be the season ticket renewals in the off-season or lack thereof.

I dont think the Chiefs publish those stats though??

That's true. Ticket Brokers didn't really exist back in the early '80s, and the season ticket base was maybe 40,000 back then.

Arrowhead has ticket booths built in all around the outside, but haven't been used on a game day for many years.

When the Chargers went ahead by 7 in the 3rd quarter, people started leaving. The fans here are very smart and know our offense is hapless. The only way to get back in the game was if our defense scored. Wasn't going to happen....

Eleazar
12-02-2007, 08:23 PM
G-Blo, next week, stay at home in your recliner, crack open a good book, and mail me the $22 you would have spent on parking. Everybody wins.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 08:23 PM
You couldn't have posted this in one of the 10,000 other "Chiefs suck" threads?

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 08:24 PM
You wanna see the Jered Allen glove I got today? I'll scan it...

burt
12-02-2007, 08:24 PM
That's true. Ticket Brokers didn't really exist back in the early '80s, and the season ticket base was maybe 40,000 back then.

Arrowhead has ticket booths built in all around the outside, but haven't been used on a game day for many years.

When the Chargers went ahead by 7 in the 3rd quarter, people started leaving. The fans here are very smart and know our offense is hapless. The only way to get back in the game was if our defense scored. Wasn't going to happen....

If Herm is here, I will NOT renew my season tickets.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM

Dont you have anything better to do? Like finding a new Avatar?? :)

burt
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM

we like this "Chiefs suck" thread!

L.A. Chieffan
12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
A lot of people were no shows but technically it's still a sell out, correct?

Phobia
12-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Dont you have anything better to do? Like finding a new Avatar?? :)

I don't need an avatar for everybody to know I'm cool.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 08:27 PM
A lot of people were no shows but technically it's still a sell out, correct?
It was on TV in KC if that means anything....

L.A. Chieffan
12-02-2007, 08:29 PM
It was on TV in KC if that means anything....

Just wondering if they know it's not going to be a sellout if they compensate for that.

Eleazar
12-02-2007, 08:30 PM
You know, I wonder why they don't just drop the parking fees and raise the ticket prices to compensate.

You'd make the same amount of money, but you wouldn't have a case where someone is holding tickets but the team blows, and they don't want to pay $22 for a parking space, so they stay home.

You'd get them in the house, they'd probably buy something, and the place wouldn't be so empty.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Just wondering if they know it's not going to be a sellout if they compensate for that.
Yeah. They start giving away tickets for pennies on the dollar to their corporate sponsors.

burt
12-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah. They start giving away tickets for pennies on the dollar to their corporate sponsors.

or teachers.....

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Here's the glove I got today. The players write their numbers on the gloves so you know who it belongs to. I've got Tony G "88" Napoleon Harris "50" and the new guy Gilbert Harris "30. "

Have a bunch from other years too. These are the ones I got this year.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 08:56 PM
That is badass. I would pretty much cream myself for a "27."

blueballs
12-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Is HUTARD the King of the batted down pass

StcChief
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
It was pitiful to watch here on CBS. Listening to Cross/Enberg.

Allen's TD . and the EK maybe pass. were nice play additions.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I heard Allen kills cats in his free time now that he's no longer drinking. I wonder how many cats he killed wearing that very glove. Probably hundreds. If I killed hundreds of felines I'd wear gloves too. Blisters are a bitch.

L.A. Chieffan
12-02-2007, 09:04 PM
I heard Allen kills cats in his free time now that he's no longer drinking. I wonder how many cats he killed wearing that very glove. Probably hundreds. If I killed hundreds of felines I'd wear gloves too. Blisters are a bitch.

What a pussy can't even kill a bunch of cats barehanded?
HEH...pussy...cats...

Deberg_1990
12-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Here's the glove I got today. The players write their numbers on the gloves so you know who it belongs to. I've got Tony G "88" Napoleon Harris "50" and the new guy Gilbert Harris "30. "

Have a bunch from other years too. These are the ones I got this year.

Thats sweet. How do you get them? Is it a tradition that players hand them out to fans in the stands??

Phobia
12-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Thats sweet. How do you get them? Is it a tradition that players hand them out to fans in the stands??

He was hiding in a rolling equipment hamper, I'll bet.

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
What crawled up your bee-hind tonight? Go find another "Chiefs Suck" thread!

BTW: My cat Baxter read that post, and he's drawing your picture over in the catbox now.

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Well, my seats are right above where they go in after the game. I think sports memorabelia guys hire ten year olds who come down and schmooze for stuff. This one kid comes down every week and I overheard him one week telling another kid his dad sells the stuff on EBay. Guess you gotta make a living somehow.

The players used to be really great about throwing gloves and sweat bands and stuff up, now fewer of them do it, because people sell the stuff. Or a player will walk over to the stands and hand it to a particular kid or family, maybe somebody they know.

I just get lucky and get stuff now and then. Sometimes I have to go Samuel L. Jackson on people so they don't claw and paw their way over my wife. That pisses me off...a lot.

She caught one of those little black beanies they wear under the helmet today. Not sure which player it was from.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
What crawled up your bee-hind tonight? Go find another "Chiefs Suck" thread!

BTW: My cat Baxter read that post, and he's drawing your picture over in the catbox now.

I'm driving down your street tomorrow in my cat killer. I'm not opposed to driving in yards.

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm driving down your street tomorrow in my cat killer. I'm not opposed to driving in yards.
I live in a bad neighborhood, so don't blow a tire on the broken beer bottles in the ditch out front.

Dartgod
12-02-2007, 09:14 PM
You wanna see the Jered Allen glove I got today? I'll scan it...
You don't own a digital camera?

Phobia
12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
I live in a bad neighborhood, so don't blow a tire on the broken beer bottles in the ditch out front.
I might even hook your trailer up and take the cats for a joy-ride. I'd call in to work sick if I were you.

gblowfish
12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
You don't own a digital camera?
Yeah, but the scanner is hooked up and sitting right here on my left...
I'm old school, baby!

Phobia
12-02-2007, 09:17 PM
I just get lucky and get stuff now and then. Sometimes I have to go Samuel L. Jackson on people so they don't claw and paw their way over my wife. That pisses me off...a lot.
I'll bet you ripped that glove out of the grasp of an 8 year old little girl.

She caught one of those little black beanies they wear under the helmet today. Not sure which player it was from.
It was from Kyle Turley. I'm sure you'll treasure it forever.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2007, 09:19 PM
This one kid comes down every week and I overheard him one week telling another kid his dad sells the stuff on EBay. Guess you gotta make a living somehow.

The players used to be really great about throwing gloves and sweat bands and stuff up, now fewer of them do it, because people sell the stuff.

HAHA...Got to love our society these days. The internet has made capitalism so easy!

Deberg_1990
12-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Phobia is on fire tonight....

Are you drunk?? :)

Phobia
12-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Phobia is on fire tonight....

Are you drunk?? :)

Nah, I've hit 2 cats in the past week. One was my neighbors. I left the carcass on their front porch. I'm mad with power.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 09:26 PM
One of these days I'm going to back over one of my neighbor's cats. I never look behind the car when I'm backing out the driveway. Those cats are all over the place and have no regard for our property.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 09:27 PM
One of these days I'm going to back over one of my neighbor's cats. I never look behind the car when I'm backing out the driveway. Those cats are all over the place and have no regard for our property.
You drive now? Wow. It's a lot harder than it looks. They're quick. You can't drive where they are, you have to drive where they're gonna be.

ClevelandBronco
12-02-2007, 09:33 PM
...our property.

It's called Mom's property.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 09:35 PM
My mother is dead you asshole.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Again?

Eleazar
You drive now? Wow. It's a lot harder than it looks. They're quick. You can't drive where they are, you have to drive where they're gonna be.

...Tell me he's not sans-driver's license at age 24 or whatever...

L.A. Chieffan

Did you kill her with your plastic light saber

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 09:41 PM
...Tell me he's not sans-driver's license at age 24 or whatever...

**** no. I just renewed my license the other day. I dunno where Phobia came off thinking I just started driving. I've been driving since high school.

JohninGpt
12-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Again?
Quite resilient.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 09:43 PM
**** no. I just renewed my license the other day. I dunno where Phobia came off thinking I just started driving. I've been driving since high school.

I just assumed you got busted for DUI driving around the block the night of the great drinking binge

Lzen
12-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't need an avatar for everybody to know I'm cool.

You are cool?

Phobia
12-02-2007, 10:02 PM
You are cool?

I used to be. About 60,000 posts ago.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 10:05 PM
I just assumed you got busted for DUI driving around the block the night of the great drinking binge

LOL.

I walked around the block that night, didn't drive. Strange evening.

Ari ümlaüt
12-02-2007, 10:10 PM

ROFL

burt
12-02-2007, 10:14 PM

Hey, I have 2 cats....they respect other peoples property. They tend to ask before shitting in my neighbors yard. Most cats do.....you must live in a rough area....

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey, I have 2 cats....they respect other peoples property. They tend to ask before shitting in my neighbors yard. Most cats do.....you must live in a rough area....

Our neighbor's cats just waltz around where they please. I should get out the BB gun someday.

burt
12-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Our neighbor's cats just waltz around where they please. I should get out the BB gun someday.

I can't believe a cat would be like that....must be feral........

Phobia
12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
I'll bet you'd blow your pinky toe off.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
ANd I was relieved to see on the monitors inside the stadium that there are still good seats available for the Titans game. I was starting to get worried that there wouldn't be, or something.

Lzen
12-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Never had season tickets, but we usually go to at least one game every year. Decided against wasting the money this year. Glad I made the right choice. No point wasting money on this pathetic team.

Phobia
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Never had season tickets, but we usually go to at least one game every year. Decided against wasting the money this year. Glad I made the right choice. No point wasting money on this pathetic team.
I spent $22 on parking once.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 10:27 PM
I'll bet you'd blow your pinky toe off.

I shot my father's elephant gun a few months ago. I'm a kickass shot.

How much cat would be left if I used an elephant gun? :evil:

FAX
12-02-2007, 10:29 PM
I can't believe a cat would be like that....must be feral........

A large number of housecats have been abducted by aliens, Mr. T.B.A.. Some of them don't quite recover from the experience. Others have been implanted with devices that allow them to be used as spy cats. The cat to which Mr. GoChiefs is referring is probably one of those.

FAX

burt
12-02-2007, 10:32 PM
A large number of housecats have been abducted by aliens, Mr. T.B.A.. Some of them don't quite recover from the experience. Others have been implanted with devices that allow them to be used as spy cats. The cat to which Mr. GoChiefs is referring is probably one of those.

FAX

Since it is you....I believe it. Damn aliens.......and Brownback voted to give them Social Security!

Talisman
12-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I found it comical that they kept playing the "There are still tickets available for the Titans game" and "Put down your deposit on 2008 season ticket" ads after the Charger TD's in the second half. Either that or a failed 4th down conversion by the Chiefs. I know it must have been hard to find something positive the Chiefs did in the second half to follow with an ad, but the timing was just horrible.

I noticed the last time the Titans graphic was up on the board the announcer didn't even bother. I could see him sitting there saying, "I'm not reading that again."

Favorite part of the game after Allen's TD catch: Peterson getting booed off the field after the Jerome Woods love fest.