PDA

View Full Version : ****OFFICIAL The Raiders aren't the worst of the AFC Worst anymore thread ****

cdcox
12-02-2007, 06:00 PM
How low we've sunk.

And we're not at the bottom, yet.

Hammock Parties
Are you ready for 2-14 in 2008?

Bowser
In.

Bowser
12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
How low we've sunk.

It's fascinating to see how far and how fast this team has sunk.

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
LMAO

The Broncos are almost as bad as we are

kstater
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
#2 here we come.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
LMAO

The Broncos are almost as bad as we are

Oakland has almost 400 yards of offense today. ROFL

Coach
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
As I mentioned on another thread, the Chiefs have lost all 3 of their AFC West home games.

Just to give you an idea how bad:
1974 (Den 17 KC 14, Oak 7 KC 6, SD 14 KC 7)
1976 (Den 35 KC 26, Oak 24 KC 21, SD 30 KC 16)
1977 (Den 14 KC 7, Oak 37 KC 28, SD 23 KC 7, Sea 34 KC 31)

ClevelandBronco
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Make some room, eh?

Bowser
12-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Make some room, eh?

LMAO

cdcox
12-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Make some room, eh?

Not unless you choke away the win we will give you next week.

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Make some room, eh?

You guys will have a bye next week which is great for you guys

blueballs
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Fire the AFC West

chiefbowe82
12-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Oakland ran it 41 times on them

blueballs
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Rainman is running through the house
screaming at the top of his lungs

banyon
12-02-2007, 06:17 PM
http://bbs.bigredboard.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/suicide.gif

(Thanks "new smiley thread".)

FringeNC
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Raiders aren't the worst any because the new kid is a much better coach than Art Shell. We have the "Art Shell" of the division now.

Al Bundy
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Raiders aren't the worst any because the new kid is a much better coach than Art Shell. We have the "Art Shell" of the division now.

Pos rep for making me laugh even when I have a headache.

Ugly Duck
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
****OFFICIAL The Raiders aren't the worst of the AFC Worst anymore thread ****

Dood.... the Donks are worse than KC. They fuggin suck. We barely beat you guys & just lambasted the weenie donks. Chiefs are going to punish that team next week.....

pikesome
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
http://bbs.bigredboard.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/suicide.gif

(Thanks "new smiley thread".)

Is this the "True Fan" smiley?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Dood.... the Donks are worse than KC. They fuggin suck. We barely beat you guys & just lambasted the weenie donks. Chiefs are going to punish that team next week.....

We get LJ back, too.

Don't worry, you'll pick ahead of us yet.

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 06:28 PM

LMAO

The Chiefs can barely score 10 pts a game we aren't going to punish anybody.

CupidStunt
12-02-2007, 06:31 PM
:LOL:

cdcox
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
We get LJ back, too.

There goes what little running game we had. See I told you we hadn't hit bottom, yet.

Psyko Tek
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
LMAO

anybody not a chief fan that is

Mecca
12-02-2007, 06:45 PM
The Broncos pasted the Chiefs at Arrowhead.....I don't care how bad they looked they'll magically be awesome next week it's the Chiefs in Denver.

JBucc
12-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Jeebus. Has a division ever gotten so bad so fast?

Mecca
12-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Jeebus. Has a division ever gotten so bad so fast?

The whole league is bad.....save 3 teams....this is really the first year where I've thought there have been a ton of boring games with just bad football.

Ugly Duck
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
LMAO

Wait till you geat a load of how the Donks are playing now. I'm tellin ya... they suck pretty dang stanky... You can run on them. You can throw on them. All they do is fumble & toss INTs in response.... its a gimme!

RckabillyRaider
12-02-2007, 07:04 PM
We gonna be in the hunt next year. Russell looked very good! Our run game was spot on. Our D came up with 4 turnovers. Hopefully we don't end up in the cellar this year.

Ugly Duck
12-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Hopefully we don't end up in the cellar this year.

Bite your tongue! Just one more last place finish... thats all we need to complete our rebuild. You want KC or Den picking ahead of us? Lucky we have 4 playoff teams in a row from now on....

RckabillyRaider
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Very true duck. We need maybe like 2 O linemen and a stud wr in the draft. And maybe a safety and D lineman through free agency.

FAX
12-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I have a serious, perhaps even life-threatening, problem, but I don't want to start a new thread about it and I couldn't find a thread to put my problem in, so I went with this one.

It says on the 810 web site (http://810whb.com/) that they are broadcasting the game tonight, but when I click on the stream button there is no sound stuff. Would someone mind trying it to see if they experience the same issue?

FAX

Bowser
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I have a serious, perhaps even life-threatening, problem, but I don't want to start a new thread about it and I couldn't find a thread to put my problem in, so I went with this one.

It says on the 810 web site (http://810whb.com/) that they are broadcasting the game tonight, but when I click on the stream button there is no sound stuff. Would someone mind trying it to see if they experience the same issue?

FAX

Are you running Windows Media? It's needed to broadcast 810.

FAX
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Are you running Windows Media? It's needed to broadcast 810.

Yes, and thanks, Mr. Bowser. Actually, I listen to them all the time. It's one of the places I get my Chiefs news.

For some reason, they're just broadcasting air or the stream isn't working. I thought that, if someone else could check it, I could eliminate the possibility that I have a problem on my end.

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I get no audio, either, Mr. FAX.

FAX
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I get no audio, either, Mr. FAX.

Ah ... thanks, Mr. GoChiefs. The NFL must be blacking out the stream.

Appreciate the help.

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Ah ... thanks, Mr. GoChiefs. The NFL must be blacking out the stream.

Appreciate the help.

FAX

You puzzle me, Mr. FAX. You wanted to listen to the Steelers game?

FAX
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
You puzzle me, Mr. FAX. You wanted to listen to the Steelers game?

Yes. I've grown to like games that have a lot of interceptions and fumbles and negative plays and penalties and stuff. Steelers vs. Bengals sounded pretty good.

FAX

Buck
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
From 1996-2003 The Chargers never had a winning record. This took up a key part of my childhood.

From the time I was 10 until I was 18 we never had a winning season. You guys have a long way to go to catch up with that. I guess this happened to you between 1974 and 1980, but that was a while ago.

blueballs
12-02-2007, 09:05 PM
The Chargers and Raiders sucked a few years
and built up the team with high rounders
the Rat and Carl have kept their teams picking mid rounders

Buck
12-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Okay, so AFC Worst....

Lets see, the winner of the AFC West can win the division with a 7-9 record.

Chargers win the west with either

A. 2 wins in the last 4 games (@TEN, DET, DEN, @OAK)
B. 2 Donkey Losses (KC, @HOU, @SD, MIN) (Assuming KC & OAK lose 1 game each)
C. 1 win and 1 Donkey Loss (Meaning all that SD needs is to beat DEN)

a1na2
12-02-2007, 09:13 PM
How low we've sunk.

Can you say 4-12?

blueballs
12-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Is the Orange Mane melting down

a1na2
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Is the Orange Mane melting down

It's always been in a stage of melted down.
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wallcrawler
12-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Ive seen some pretty lackluster seasons for the Chiefs as a fan, but this has to be the worst Ive ever seen. I first began watching the Chiefs in 94, the year Joe took us to the AFC Championship and got his career ended by Bruce Smith and the gang in Buffalo.

In that span, 6-10 has been the worst record Ive seen the Chiefs put up. But every year since I started watching, the Chiefs have had something to lean on. With Marty in the 90's it was the defense. The defense prayed the offense could put up 17 points, and it would be a win. If you saw a game where the Chiefs put up 21 points, you were raving about the offensive explosion you witnessed. 3 TDS!!!

Gunther's 2 years were garbage. First one dimensional year was the run, and the next year it was all passes. Still, the defense was pretty solid and the Chiefs had chances to make the playoffs in both years.

Vermiel's run was all offense. Best offense in the league for about 3 years running. But no defense.

Now with Herm, the Chiefs really dont have anything. The offense is dead. The offensive line has ALWAYS been awesome since Ive been a fan and now for the first time, its not there. The tackles are garbage, and the retirement of Will Shields was the final nail in the coffin. Wiegmann is undersized for a center and Brian Waters as good as he is cant block two men at once.

The defense is improved, but its nowhere near where it needs to be in order to carry the team in the manner that Herm is expecting with that shit offense and shittier offensive playcalling. God. Id take Paul Hackett or Jimmy Raye over Mike Solari. My ten year old little brother was calling out the play before it took place, and he was getting them right about 90% of the time. If he can do that, wonder what the opposing D-Coordinator is doing? Having the time of his life Ill bet.

It isnt really surprising to me the things that have happened this year. Herm is conservative by nature as a coach. We trade away Trent Green, which was a mistake in my book. Yeah, he took the bad concussion but he could still run the offense. So we get rid of him and what do we do? We play Damon Huard. A career BACKUP. Yeah, Damon won 6 games in relief of Trent. THATS HIS JOB. Thats what backups do. The win a few games. But ladies and gents, 6 wins dont win the division. 6 wins dont get you in the playoffs, and you sure as hell arent going to win any playoff games with that kind of talent.

Huard was almost as old as Trent. He wasnt anymore mobile than Trent. He was not a better quarterback than Trent. Yet instead of getting our drafted QB in there to see if he is someone we need to keep, we start Huard who has no upside, who is not going to improve, and is going to be out of the league in a couple years.

Larry Johnson. People say he's complacent now that he has his money. Maybe he is, it certainly is a possibility. But lets not forget what we did to Larry last year. BROKE THE RECORD FOR CARRIES IN A SEASON. Thats insanity. We basicly put a year and a half worth of carries into one season on one guy. NO runningback has ever taken that many carries and not had some after effects.

Next off, look at that offensive line! There is nowhere for LJ to go. When you consistently have 2 men in your face as soon as you get the football, theres not a lot you can do. Then you throw that playcalling (if you can call that playcalling) from mike solari where everyone and my ten year old little brother know what the play is before it happens, LJ pretty much is screwed from the outset. No passing downfield, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, and id be safe in saying that 98% of the Chiefs offensive first downs this year have been handoffs.

Combine predictability with lack of talent on the O-line, and the wear on LJ from over 400 carries last year, Larry Johnson isnt going to have a good season.

So. Shit career backup Qb starts the year with no offensive line to support a running game that is supposedly going to carry the team on offense. Rookie reciever with old Eddie Kennison on the outside, TG at tight end. Playcalling that looks like it was taken from the first year that the forward pass became a legal play.

Defensively, a couple rookies at safety with relatively young Derrick Johnson and Hali in his second year. Allen is in his prime, and the rest are approaching over the hill. They did well for a while, but they still are nowhere close to being able to carry the team, and with the absolute SHIT that is passing for offense, I could see where a lack of motivation could begin to set in. They could play their asses off and the offense cant manage more than 10 points. Its pathetic.

Im fine with a rebuild if in fact that is what is taking place. But starting Huard at the beginning of the year, continuing to play Greg Wesley over Bernard Pollard, and bringing in the ancient Donnie Edwards is not looking like a rebuild is what is going on. It looks like the same old patchwork bullshit that weve been seeing for years. We have D and no O. We have O and no D. Then we pretty much are mediocre in both phases. Then one side picks up.

Both sides of the ball need to be good. Not pump up one side and try to get by on a player here and there on the other.

Things that need to happen the rest of this year and into next year:

Croyle needs to stay in and get games under his belt. If he has the talent and shows upside, he stays. If not look for another QB in the draft. Our pick this year is going to be high.

Get some offensive linemen. No running or passing is gonna happen without them.

If youre really rebuilding, get rid of the guys on your defense approaching 40 years old for F's sakes.

FIRE MIKE SOLARI AND GET A REAL OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. My God. If youre loyal and he wants to stay, get him back with the O-line as their coach. He knows that job and did it well. But him running the offense is complete stupidity.

Play LJ some this season, but get Kolby Smith into some games for some experience. The Chiefs arent going to the postseason this year. Give LJ a break after this nightmare and throw Kolby into the fire to get reps and learn in some bad circumstances. He will only get better with help up front.

There are too many holes to patch in one offseason, but this would be a decent start. If the Chiefs cannot muster up more than this type of performance next year, cut your losses and eliminate the entire coaching staff.

Ugly Duck
12-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I first began watching the Chiefs in 94

Props for the good write

dirk digler
12-02-2007, 10:52 PM

FAX

Just an FYI 810 doesn't broadcast anything after dark. I am not kidding either. It is an FCC thing. That is why they have an FM station.

Raiderz_00
12-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Today was a big win for my Raiders today... Things may be turning around... Jamarcus looked good today. I have not heard my stadium sooooo loud in a long time, and I have NEVER heard it get louder than when Russell came in wow...I couldn't even think it was so loud at the game.

RckabillyRaider
12-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Hell yeah! I think Russell will be the man for the raider nation! Looked pretty solid and made some smart plays.