PDA

View Full Version : This is a sobering thought.

Hammock Parties
12-03-2007, 11:40 AM
This year's Chiefs offense might be THE WORST Chiefs offense in FRANCHISE HISTORY.

We're currently ranked 30th in points and 28th in yards.

The only offense in team history that approaches that ineptitude is Marv Levy's 1979 attack, featuring the 27th ranked offense that was 26th in points. This was in a 28-team league, however, but in defense of Marv Levy, he had a pretty good running game.

The 1979 Chiefs scored 25 touchdowns. The 2007 Chiefs currently have 16. I doubt we score 9 touchdowns in the last 4 games. Pathetic.

Perhaps some folks who sat through the 80's can compare this offense to the days of Kenney and Gansz?

Rausch
12-03-2007, 11:48 AM
No point in examining suck. It's just suck...

thehead
12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Favre never won at Arrowhead check

Norv (pizza face )Turner never won at Arrowhead chek

All three division teams (in the same year) never won at Arrowhead check since 1977

Herm Edwards wrecks the best home field advantage in the nfl check

So yes this just adds to the Herm Edwards era in Chiefs History

Hammock Parties
12-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Perhaps some folks who sat through the 80's can compare this offense to the days of Kenney and Gansz?

Anyone?

FAX
12-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Apparently, I've blanked out the Gansz days, Mr. GoChiefs. I remember they were bad, but I don't remember the scoring breakdown. If I recall correctly, we won a total of 8 games or some such during Gansz's two seasons (4 each year). But the first year was the strike year, wasn't it?

FAX

HemiEd
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM
This year's Chiefs offense might be THE WORST Chiefs offense in FRANCHISE HISTORY.

We're currently ranked 30th in points and 28th in yards.

The only offense in team history that approaches that ineptitude is Marv Levy's 1979 attack, featuring the 27th ranked offense that was 26th in points. This was in a 28-team league, however, but in defense of Marv Levy, he had a pretty good running game.

The 1979 Chiefs scored 25 touchdowns. The 2007 Chiefs currently have 16. I doubt we score 9 touchdowns in the last 4 games. Pathetic.

I have been saying this since for quite a while. Herm is putting together a worse offensive team than the Marv Levy WingT days.

Bill Kenney was awesome, he just didn't have any help.

HemiEd
12-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Anyone?

Bill Kenney's first appearance was the second half of a game we were getting blown out in. He almost single handedly pulled out the win, it was against Cleveland or Cincinatti IIRC.

Ganz became head coach only because the players loved him. His special teams had gotten the Chiefs into the playoffs, mainly because of Albert Lewis's blocked punts IIRC. Ganz was totally lost as head coach, and the team followed suit.

FAX
12-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Bill Kenney's first appearance was the second half of a game we were getting blown out in. He almost single handedly pulled out the win, it was against Cleveland or Cincinatti IIRC.

Ganz became head coach only because the players loved him. His special teams had gotten the Chiefs into the playoffs, mainly because of Albert Lewis's blocked punts IIRC. Ganz was totally lost as head coach, and the team followed suit.

I may be wrong about this, Mr. HemiEd, but wasn't Gansz's first year the strike year? And he was canned when Carl took over?

FAX

Reaper16
It can't be sobering if there isn't a damn thing to get drunk off of in the first place.

crazycoffey
I think it's an anti - sobering thought, because all I want to do is start drinking.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2007, 01:31 PM

Kenney sucked. He went no where after being cut by the Chiefs.

After the Chiefs made their first appearance in the playoffs in over 15 years, a player revolt led by Nick Lowery ensued. Nick and pals convinced Steadman to fire Mackovic and hire Ganz.

Once that happened, the Chiefs posted a couple of three win seasons.

Thanks, Nick.

I may be wrong about this, Mr. HemiEd, but wasn't Gansz's first year the strike year? And he was canned when Carl took over?

FAX

Carl took a week to evaluate Ganz, then fired him. Carl also wanted Dick Vermeil as the head coach at the time but DV declined.

Considering the current shape of this franchise, I wish he had declined a second time.

HemiEd
12-03-2007, 01:38 PM

FAX

It is funny how the memory plays tricks on you when you get old Mr. Fax. For some reason, I thought Ganz was let go before Carl was hired, but maybe Carl did do the deed.
I do not remember what year they had the strike, but it sounds about right. I know, that even with my lack of football knowledge, it was apparant Ganz was over his head. I was wishing for Mackovic to return.

SLAG
12-03-2007, 01:42 PM
It is funny how the memory plays tricks on you when you get old Mr. Fax. For some reason, I thought Ganz was let go before Carl was hired, but maybe Carl did do the deed.
I do not remember what year they had the strike, but it sounds about right. I know, that even with my lack of football knowledge, it was apparant Ganz was over his head. I was wishing for Mackovic to return.

All you ever want to know:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/history/80s/

SLAG
12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
After compiling an 8-22-1 record in two seasons, Gansz was relieved of his duties as head coach on January 5th. Peterson’s selection as Gansz’s successor was former Cleveland head coach Marty Schottenheimer, who was named the seventh head coach in Chiefs history on January 24th. The first draft choice of the Peterson era set the tone for the next decade as the club selected LB Derrick Thomas (Alabama) with the fourth overall selection. Thomas paired with Smith to form one of the most feared pass-rushing duos in NFL history, compiling a combined 212.5 sacks during their illustrious Chiefs careers. The Peterson-Schottenheimer era got off to an inauspicious start in a 34-20 loss at Denver (9/10) as DeBerg’s first pass attempt was intercepted and returned for a TD. The club won just four times in its next 10 games as former Eagles QB Ron Jaworski and QB Steve Pelluer, who was acquired in a trade from Dallas, each opened three games apiece during that span. DeBerg regained the starting job for the final five weeks of the season, generating four wins that put the Chiefs just out of postseason qualification at 8-7-1. A 34-0 shutout win vs. Houston (11/26) highlighted the club’s stretch run. RB Christian Okoye became the first Chief to lead the NFL in rushing with 1,480 yards, while Thomas won consensus NFL Rookie of the Year honors.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/F80036108FD14B0B817CC3A1C9AEA63D.JPG

HemiEd
12-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Kenney sucked. He went no where after being cut by the Chiefs..
He came within 50 yards of Marino's passing yards record in 1983. I remember being pissed when Mackovic set him down in the second half of the last game of the season. I thought Kenney was a good player on a poor team myself.

Also, Ganz had 4 wins, not 3, in each of his two years, but don't let the facts get in the way of your story.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2007, 01:51 PM
He came within 50 yards of Marino's record passing yards record in 1983. I remember being pissed when Mackovic set him down in the second half of the last game of the season. I thought Kenney was a good player on a poor team myself.

Also, Ganz had 4 wins, not 3, in each of his two years, but don't let the facts get in the way of your story.

Hey Ed, F*ck off.

You spew so much bullsh*t around here it's ridiculous. When you're called on it, it's "Oh, my memory".

Don't let the FACTS get in your way.

HemiEd
12-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey Ed, F*ck off.

You spew so much bullsh*t around here it's ridiculous. When you're called on it, it's "Oh, my memory".

Don't let the FACTS get in your way.

Eat shit. What did you call me on? You said three wins, it was four in each season. You said Kenney sucked, he didn't suck. Do you even follow this team?

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Eat shit. What did you call me on? You said three wins, it was four in each season. You said Kenney sucked, he didn't suck. Do you even follow this team?

Well Ed, I don't let my man-love for all things Vermeil cloud my judgment.

I was going off of memory with Ganz. Boo-hoo. I was off by TWO unimportant wins. 8-22-1 is something to argue about?

Bill Kenney put up *nice* offensive numbers for a few years. Big freakin' deal. But I guess that's what you're all about - Offensive numbers.

The Chiefs won NOTHING with Bill Kenney was quarterback and they won NOTHING under your beloved, DICK.

HemiEd
12-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Once that happened, the Chiefs posted a couple of three win seasons.

ROFL ROFL

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2007, 01:59 PM
ROFL ROFL

You are one pathetic OLD man. :shake: :shake:

HemiEd
12-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Well Ed, I don't let my man-love for all things Vermeil cloud my judgment.

I was going off of memory with Ganz. Boo-hoo. I was off by TWO unimportant wins. 8-22-1 is something to argue about?

Bill Kenney put up *nice* offensive numbers for a few years. Big freakin' deal. But I guess that's what you're all about - Offensive numbers.

The Chiefs won NOTHING with Bill Kenney was quarterback and they won NOTHING under your beloved, DICK.

Got your panties all bunched today heh? Why is Vermeil even in this subject? Oh that is right, you brought him up.
Do you even comprehend the thread subject?

Reaper16
12-03-2007, 02:00 PM
This is the least interesting pissing match in a while.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Got your panties all bunched today heh? Why is Vermeil even in this subject? Oh that is right, you brought him up.
Do you even comprehend the thread subject?

No Ed, I can't comprehend. Please explain it to me. You're SO knowledgeable. Please help me, ED!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FAX
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
It is true that you've been bringing DV into a lot of the Herm discussions lately, Mr. DaneMcCloud.

Let's do this. Can we disembowel Herm if we promise to castrate Vermeil first?

FAX

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2007, 02:16 PM
It is true that you've been bringing DV into a lot of the Herm discussions lately, Mr. DaneMcCloud.

Let's do this. Can we disembowel Herm if we promise to castrate Vermeil first?

FAX

Sounds like a fine plan to me, Mr. Fax.

redsurfer11
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Favre never won at Arrowhead check

Norv (pizza face )Turner never won at Arrowhead chek

All three division teams (in the same year) never won at Arrowhead check since 1977

Herm Edwards wrecks the best home field advantage in the nfl check

So yes this just adds to the Herm Edwards era in Chiefs History

Don't forget our home record at Arrowhead in December.Was 15-0, under Edwards, 15-2, soon to be 15-3.

Halfcan
12-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Personally I like Herms method-

Keep it close and hang around like chumps-Check

Kneel down at halftime, even if you have 3 timeouts and plenty of time, dont even try-Check

Hope someone makes a play to make up for horrid playcalling and game management-Check

Lose another game in a row-Check

Fire the Kicker-Check

Bash the players to the Media and tell them they should be embarrassed by how much they suck-Check

Herm has a Plan and is sticking to it Hell or High Water-Check Mate

Valiant
12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
After compiling an 8-22-1 record in two seasons, Gansz was relieved of his duties as head coach on January 5th. Peterson’s selection as Gansz’s successor was former Cleveland head coach Marty Schottenheimer, who was named the seventh head coach in Chiefs history on January 24th. The first draft choice of the Peterson era set the tone for the next decade as the club selected LB Derrick Thomas (Alabama) with the fourth overall selection. Thomas paired with Smith to form one of the most feared pass-rushing duos in NFL history, compiling a combined 212.5 sacks during their illustrious Chiefs careers. The Peterson-Schottenheimer era got off to an inauspicious start in a 34-20 loss at Denver (9/10) as DeBerg’s first pass attempt was intercepted and returned for a TD. The club won just four times in its next 10 games as former Eagles QB Ron Jaworski and QB Steve Pelluer, who was acquired in a trade from Dallas, each opened three games apiece during that span. DeBerg regained the starting job for the final five weeks of the season, generating four wins that put the Chiefs just out of postseason qualification at 8-7-1. A 34-0 shutout win vs. Houston (11/26) highlighted the club’s stretch run. RB Christian Okoye became the first Chief to lead the NFL in rushing with 1,480 yards, while Thomas won consensus NFL Rookie of the Year honors.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/F80036108FD14B0B817CC3A1C9AEA63D.JPG

So it started there for the Chiefs failing and then pulling within a game of making the playoffs.. Yea to moral victories, with that lovely four game stretch to get close to Carl's haloed .500 mark they selected Percy Snow..

With Percy Snow, we got a player that could not cut it, and a poster on here who does not cut it.. Just think three more losses and they could have had junior Seau..

Dammit Carl

Coach
12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Herm Edwards = Art Shell.

jjjayb
12-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Herm Edwards = Art Shell.

That's an insult to Art Shell. Even if he was a raider he doesn't deserve that. :shake:

Demonpenz
12-03-2007, 06:33 PM
sometimes i forget how great neil smith was. true ring of famer

L.A. Chieffan
12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
It's a good thing I've been keeping myself on a strict drug regimen...to keep my mind limber.

KCJohnny
12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Don't forget our home record at Arrowhead in December.Was 15-0, under Edwards, 15-2, soon to be 15-3.

Ouch.
:banghead:

Bump
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
our offense was more productive during the Martyball days. Of course we had a nice o-line which you need for this stupid offense.

FAX
12-03-2007, 07:09 PM
This is the least interesting pissing match in a while.

Mr. htismaqe: "ROFL You're a lost cause."

FAX

Skip Towne
12-03-2007, 07:21 PM
No mention of Gansz phony fighter jet stories?

FAX
12-03-2007, 07:26 PM
No mention of Gansz phony fighter jet stories?

ROFL

What was that about?

FAX

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2007, 07:33 PM
ROFL

What was that about?

FAX

Frank Gansz claimed that he was a fighter pilot and shot down enemy planes in Vietnam. It supposedly riled up his special teamers, who basically led the Chiefs to a 10-6 record in 1986.

Once he was hired as the Chiefs head coach, it came out that Gansz never shot down any fighter planes and he never got closer than a cargo plane and certainly never saw combat.

Skip Towne
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Gansz also claimed his fighter hit power lines and he was nearly killed. I don't know who found out otherwise but the KC Star made a big deal of it and had large headlines on the front page of the sports section. On a gameday Sunday none the less. I was surprised Gansz showed up at the stadium that day. But he did.