PDA

View Full Version : Grunhard: 80% of the Chief players hate LJ

BigRedChief
12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Grunny on 610 this am said 80% of the Chiefs players in the locker room hate LJ's guts, truly despise the guy.

So if Grunny knows what the hell he is talking about does it matter? Do you have to like the guy to put your own body on the line to block for him?

InChiefsHeaven
12-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Grunny doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Pablo
12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Yeah...it certainly helps. Everyone loved Priest..we had a great line, but they genuinely liked blocking for that guy in the backfield.

LJ's pissy attitude has put him a place that's gonna be hard to crawl out of. And not to mention when it finally looked like he was coming around and developing some positive team chemistry..he gets hurt.

Demonpenz
12-03-2007, 01:09 PM
is he back on 810?

Mr. Laz
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
could explain why our running game has seemed to improve ever since LJ got hurt.

FAX
12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Strong words. I wonder if they're factual.

FAX

Mr. Laz
If Kolby gets more yrds/rush than LJ next yr, and is a better pass blocker, than they cant keep him off the field.

wanna bet?

Chiefnj2
Isn't Grunny Peterson's lapdog? Wasn't there some interview a month or so ago when he completely kissed Herm and/or Carl's arse and then later said he was grateful to Peterson and won't ask tough questions, etc.

Sure-Oz
12-03-2007, 01:15 PM
He also said Carl is on the chopping block and could be out after the season. so yeah if ku can get in the orange bowl the way they did maybe carl can get fired this year

FAX
12-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Isn't Grunny Peterson's lapdog? Wasn't there some interview a month or so ago when he completely kissed Herm and/or Carl's arse and then later said he was grateful to Peterson and won't ask tough questions, etc.

His love for Carl is boundless. I have heard him defend Carl in the face of overwhelming facts, truth, justice, and the American way.

I'm not saying he didn't say it, but it would be shocking.

FAX

Eleazar
12-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Not nearly the first time I have heard this.

I am starting to think we're going to wish we had turned him into a first round pick plus others when we had the chance.

Fish
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM
I am starting to think we're going to wish we had turned him into a first round pick plus others when we had the chance.

Yup

FAX
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Not nearly the first time I have heard this.

I'm wishing that already, Mr. Cochise. I was soundly trounced for suggesting that strategy during the off-season ... you know, save the money on LJ and invest in an offensive line. My internet ass still hurts some over that deal.

FAX

Mr. Laz
12-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I am starting to think we're going to wish we had turned him into a first round pickplus others when we had the chance.

too late

BIG_DADDY
12-03-2007, 01:20 PM
No you don't have to like him to want to win. I always believe chemistry plays an important roll on any team your putting together though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm wishing that already, Mr. Cochise. I was soundly trounced for suggesting that strategy during the off-season ... you know, save the money on LJ and invest in an offensive line. My internet ass still hurts some over that deal.

FAX

FAX,will you accept the nomination of Army Group Centre commander?

Rooster
12-03-2007, 01:22 PM
I hate him 80% of the time too. :grr:

FAX
12-03-2007, 01:22 PM

What, pray tell, are you talking about, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. And, what's the salary?

FAX

Wile_E_Coyote
12-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I recall NewPhin saying something similar

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2007, 01:28 PM
What, pray tell, are you talking about, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. And, what's the salary?

FAX

The opportunity to lead one of the three Armies in Germ Warfare. The salary is negotiable and can be either in the form of deferred virgins in the afterlife, or blood of the targeted infidels at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

FAX
12-03-2007, 01:38 PM
The opportunity to lead one of the three Armies in Germ Warfare. The salary is negotiable and can be either in the form of deferred virgins in the afterlife, or blood of the targeted infidels at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Hmmm. Anything I could do to help you, I would gladly do, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. And, I'm honored that you would consider me for such an important position, but I think you could find someone better.

I actually want Herm to be successful. As much as he's disappointed me, he is still the coach of my team. I just want him to stop lying to everybody and pull his head out of his ass. Besides, I think of myself as more of a vigilante warrior - a lone ranger, spiderman, spawn type person. Hiding in the shadows and emerging only when evil surfaces so I can bash evil in the nuts.

I genuinely appreciate the offer, though.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Hmmm. Anything I could do to help you, I would gladly do, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. And, I'm honored that you would consider me for such an important position, but I think you could find someone better.

I actually want Herm to be successful. As much as he's disappointed me, he is still the coach of my team. I just want him to stop lying to everybody and pull his head out of his ass. Besides, I think of myself as more of a vigilante warrior - a lone ranger, spiderman, spawn type person. Hiding in the shadows and emerging only when evil surfaces so I can bash evil in the nuts.

FAX

Please report to the train station for re-education.

Eleazar
12-03-2007, 01:47 PM

FAX

I was also on the bandwagon for getting a package of draft picks, saving the cap room, that a good running back was simply not that hard to find, and a good line will make an average back good, etc etc etc.

All I heard was how Larry Johnson was a once in a lifetime talent.

I don't have anything against him as a player, I just don't think that extending him fit the spirit of rebuilding that is sorely needed around here.

mylittlepony
12-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I think LJ is just like that guy from Any given sunday:

Make cheesy rap song... check
Talk about how the white man holds down black athletes ... check
Belives he is the whole team... check
Is hated by 80% of the team... check

Now if only Herm would get a coaching job somewhere else and take with him this "franchise player" after making some Pachino like speach we would have come full circle.

FAX
12-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Please report to the train station for re-education.

There are lots of guys who would do a good job. How about Mr. Cochise? Or, Mr. Laz? Or, Mr. Baby Lee? Or, Mr. Phobia, for example. Mr. Phobia might be a good choice. He is pretty scrappy.

Oh, I know. Mr. Iowanian!! There's a guy who will bitch slap a dumbass N00b (sp?) and be home in time for breakfast. Have you asked him?

FAX

Demonpenz
12-03-2007, 01:52 PM
He isn't willie beaman from any given sunday he is LL COOL J

i'ts abc coach I don't get the ball i don't get paid.

Hammock Parties
Grunhard doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. If a guy like Boomer Grigsby likes Larry Johnson, there's no way 80 percent hate his guts.

Baby Lee

FAX
By day, the affable nerdy Mr. Fax. By night, the dark, solitary warrior Rochambaux.

Pitt Gorilla
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM

FAXI was with you, Mr. Fax. The shelf life of a back in the NFL is typically short; you shouldn't invest a ton of money in a guy who takes that much physical abuse.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
There are lots of guys who would do a good job. How about Mr. Cochise? Or, Mr. Laz? Or, Mr. Baby Lee? Or, Mr. Phobia, for example. Mr. Phobia might be a good choice. He is pretty scrappy.

Oh, I know. Mr. Iowanian!! There's a guy who will bitch slap a dumbass N00b (sp?) and be home in time for breakfast. Have you asked him?

FAX

Sadly, many of the people whom you list do not share my philosophy of Herm hatred.

Such is life :shrug:

FAX
12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
I was also on the bandwagon for getting a package of draft picks, saving the cap room, that a good running back was simply not that hard to find, and a good line will make an average back good, etc etc etc.

I don't have anything against him as a player, I just don't think that extending him fit the spirit of rebuilding that is sorely needed around here.

I always just saw it as upside-down priorities, Mr. Cochise. Why invest mega-billions in a RB when you don't have an oline that can block? We knew the oline had serious problems in Herm's first year. Plus, we knew that Shields was probably going to retire.

The other thing that got me in trouble (especially with Mr. GoChiefs) was the concept that LJ was, perhaps, somewhat overrated. He ran for a lot of yards last year, but he also had more carries than atoms. In years prior, he was running behind, arguably, one of the best olines in football. Those guys could have made most running backs look good, if not great. I remain unconvinced that LJ is "all that".

FAX

dirk digler
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Rhonda Moss had a interesting interview with LJ during Grunhards show today.

He trashed Whitlock endlessly and said he doesn't care anymore what the media says because they will never be happy and will always find something to complain about.

Also he said he is going to the doctor today to see if he can start practicing.

Also some guy named stevieray called in.

InChiefsHeaven
12-03-2007, 01:57 PM

I'm not giving up on LJ...and I don't think he's an old piece of crap either. If we had a line, he'd be lighting it up, at least he'd be looking better than he has. The fact that Kolby is looking better than LJ is his running style. We get some OLine help, and those two will do very very well for us.

As far as 80% of the locker room hating his guts, I just don't buy it. I mean, it's a proven fact that 94.6% of statistics are made up on the spot... ;)

Micjones
12-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Peterson's not some mortal enemy of Johnson so I don't know that Grunny being his lapdog would explain this.

I do think he might not be well received by the rest of the team. I don't know that it's to the tune of 80%, but I believe it might still be significant.

JBucc
12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
After seeing Kolby have success and an 80 year old Priest who could have been paralyzed with a bad hit at least give full effort I really don't like LJ at this point either

FAX
12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Sadly, many of the people whom you list do not share my philosophy of Herm hatred.

Such is life :shrug:

I'll bet Mr. Iowanian would take the job. He has a lot of pent-up rage that could, at last, be put to good use. If I were assembling an army of blood-thirsty pirates or zombie killers or violent ninja farmers, he would be at the top of the list.

FAX

ChiefsFanatic
12-03-2007, 02:09 PM
He also said Carl is on the chopping block and could be out after the season. so yeah if ku can get in the orange bowl the way they did maybe carl can get fired this year

By being the only conference team with one loss?

Duck Dog
12-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Hate aside, they are professionals and have a job to do. If they hate him, then kick his ass behind closed doors, but once on the field they better block regardless the ball carrier.

Bob Dole
12-03-2007, 02:20 PM

Bob Dole thinks that the only way Carl gets "chopped" this offseason is if he does it himself.

Bob Dole
12-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Also some guy named stevieray called in.

To point out that Harris is the new Mitchell.

dirk digler
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
To point out that Harris is the new Mitchell.

Yep it was a interesting take. Good job Stevie!

I totally agree with him that we need more homegrown Chiefs instead of FA's.

ClevelandBronco
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM

FAX

It's the truth.

It's actual.

Everything is satisfactual.

Stewie
12-03-2007, 02:39 PM
80% of LJ hates LJ.

Simplex3
12-03-2007, 02:47 PM

FAX
Thanks to this comment my real world shirt has real world tea all down the front of it. Thanks, asshole.

:)

Time's Yours
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
The linemen have their own starting jobs and contracts to worry about. They're not going to intentionally block better or worse for different players. That's just silly.

RP_McMurphy
12-03-2007, 03:11 PM
As a Jaguar fan you can tell from a distance that LJ is a cancer on this team. Get rid of him as quick as can be or he will put your team in a hole for another 3-4 years. Football is a team sport and LJ is not a team player.

ClevelandBronco
12-03-2007, 03:20 PM
As a Jaguar fan you can tell from a distance that LJ is a cancer on this team. Get rid of him as quick as can be or he will put your team in a hole for another 3-4 years. Football is a team sport and LJ is not a team player.

I argued in thread after thread that LJ should get his money. I swear I wasn't doing it because I thought it would be detrimental to the Chiefs. I really thought it was the right move. It looks now as if I was full of **** up to my ears.

I'm not going to put the above admission on my resumé when I apply for the next available GM job.

Dave Lane
12-03-2007, 03:21 PM

What about me?

Dave

Dave Lane
12-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Grunhard doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. If a guy like Boomer Grigsby likes Larry Johnson, there's no way 80 percent hate his guts.

Actually my source says this is correct. And they say Larry who they work with agrees.

Dave

StcChief
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
agreed. Grunny is Fatlock stirring the pot.

Dave Lane
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
The linemen have their own starting jobs and contracts to worry about. They're not going to intentionally block better or worse for different players. That's just silly.

Bull I can tell you from playing team sports some guys you bust your guts for. If this was true you wouldn't even need a coach.

Dave

Adept Havelock
12-03-2007, 03:52 PM

I'd be happy to take command of a scratch Kampfgruppe if needed, except I don't think I could stomach the C-in-C if it's GOATSE.

Duck Dog
12-03-2007, 04:16 PM

What? This isn't 'The Longest Yard'?

Halfcan
12-03-2007, 04:49 PM

FAX

I think it is about 98% that hate him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2007, 04:50 PM
What about me?

Dave

The offer stands, Dave.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2007, 04:52 PM
I'd be happy to take command of a scratch Kampfgruppe if needed, except I don't think I could stomach the C-in-C if it's GOATSE.

Adept vs. Dave Lane in the Thunderdome. Winner take all.

Coach
12-03-2007, 04:53 PM

As a Army Group South Commander, I second this motion.

Coach
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM

The C-in-C isn't GOATSE. He had his chance, but he bailed. He's just a private as we speak.

Bump
12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm starting to think it's not worth resigning RBs to big contracts and just drafting some Kolby Smith's every few years. lol

bowener
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
If LJ is trully hated by 44 of the other 52 men in the locker room, who are his friends, and if we give him an OL again, will he be loved as much as TO is now that he has a QB and O-scheme that let him shine?
I think possibly so.

Bump
12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
If LJ is trully hated by 44 of the other 52 men in the locker room, who are his friends, and if we give him an OL again, will he be loved as much as TO is now that he has a QB and O-scheme that let him shine?
I think possibly so.

maybe some of them are jealous of LJ since he's poppin' bottles with Jay-Z, j/k

Time's Yours
12-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Bull I can tell you from playing team sports some guys you bust your guts for. If this was true you wouldn't even need a coach.

Dave

Yeah, but you weren't being paid. I've plaid a lot of team sports as well, but it's different when it's your job and you can't afford to be cut.

If they really love Kolby a whole lot more than LJ I can maybe see them putting in a little extra effort in situations where it might otherwise go unnoticed.

But improved blocking based on the linemen liking Kolby better does explain the difference in the run game we're seeing. If these guys could block well enough for LJ to do what Kolby is doing, they'd have been doing it the whole time. Some of them will be gone after this season. That wouldn't be worth it to them just to spite LJ.

Adept Havelock
12-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Adept vs. Dave Lane in the Thunderdome. Winner take all.

Ah, Dave can have it. My Field-Marshal Baton is in the shop this week. Don't really care for red stripes on my trousers either.

FAX
12-03-2007, 05:37 PM

Dave

I'll tell you this, Mr. Dave Lane. When you're playing Zelda: Twilight Princess and you're surrounded by pissed off black monsters with bright orange horns and you're almost out of hearts and you can't run because you have on iron boots and you forgot how to take them off and you're taking hits like there's no tomorrow, you better hope you've got a fairy in a bottle or your horse nearby.

FAX

Halfcan
12-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I think possibly so.

So it is the O lines fault that LJ runs soft??

Kolby does not seem to have a problem??

Iowanian
12-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Every time LJ whiffs a block.....I'd LOVE to hear 80,000 folks break into that soccer chant...

Ole' Ole' ole oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Oleeeeee

Bwana
12-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Huge surprise there........

Frazod
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I definitely wanted draft picks for that hateful, sullen prick. Funny how Smith can find holes to run through while Johnson, behind the same line, just seemed to try to stick his head up Waters' ass over and over.

God, did we get screwed keeping this clown.

I can only hope it's one more nail in Carl's coffin.

FAX
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
I definitely wanted draft picks for that hateful, sullen prick. Funny how Smith can find holes to run through while Johnson, behind the same line, just seemed to try to stick his head up Waters' ass over and over.

God, did we get screwed keeping this clown.

I can only hope it's one more nail in Carl's coffin.

Mr. htismaqe: "No shit."

FAX

RustShack
12-03-2007, 07:09 PM
100% of Chiefs fans hate Carl.

FAX
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
100% of Chiefs fans hate Carl.

Mr. htismaqe: "Bingo."

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-03-2007, 07:18 PM
I definitely wanted draft picks for that hateful, sullen prick.

LOL

You should have listened to LJ on the Boomer show last week. He was neither hateful, nor sullen. He's be rehabbing like a demon just to get back on the field for next week's game. He desperately wants to play.

But go ahead and hate him.

Frazod
12-03-2007, 07:21 PM
LOL

You should have listened to LJ on the Boomer show last week. He was neither hateful, nor sullen. He's be rehabbing like a demon just to get back on the field for next week's game. He desperately wants to play.

Thanks, I will.

old_geezer
12-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Yeah, but you weren't being paid. I've plaid a lot of team sports as well, but it's different when it's your job and you can't afford to be cut.

If they really love Kolby a whole lot more than LJ I can maybe see them putting in a little extra effort in situations where it might otherwise go unnoticed.

But improved blocking based on the linemen liking Kolby better does explain the difference in the run game we're seeing. If these guys could block well enough for LJ to do what Kolby is doing, they'd have been doing it the whole time. Some of them will be gone after this season. That wouldn't be worth it to them just to spite LJ.

LJ tip-toed to the line most of the season and if the hole wasn't there he gave a half-hearted effort and went to the bench and whined. I am enjoying watching a running back actually trying to make something even if the hole isn't there. As far as I'm concerned Johnson can stay on the bench and watch a running back who tries.

old_geezer
12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
LOL

Me too. He's been a giant pussy most of the year.

FAX
12-03-2007, 07:30 PM
LJ tip-toed to the line most of the season and if the hole wasn't there he gave a half-hearted effort and went to the bench and whined. I am enjoying watching a running back actually trying to make something even if the hole isn't there. As far as I'm concerned Johnson can stay on the bench and watch a running back who tries.

Amen, Mr. old_geezer. Same line. Same plays. Different result.

It makes you wonder.

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-03-2007, 07:31 PM
The line is opening holes. That is the only real difference.

If Kolby was so goddamn awesome he'd have a carry longer than 19 yards.

KCwolf
12-03-2007, 11:04 PM

He's played 2 goddamn games....sorry Chief.....he looks awesome.

J Diddy
12-03-2007, 11:56 PM

Suddenly the line can open holes, but they couldn't against anyone while LJ was back there.

:rolleyes:

I guess we'll see when LJ gets back

Hammock Parties
12-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Suddenly the line can open holes, but they couldn't against anyone while LJ was back there.

:rolleyes:

I guess we'll see when LJ gets back

Facing Oakland's horrible run defense had a lot to do with it.

HMc
12-04-2007, 05:57 AM
some are thinking this now, some thought this a year ago (and got hammerred for it), and for some it'll take another 12 months (that's you, Gochiefs)....

LJ just isn't what everyone thought he was. He had an awesome season behind a VERY GOOD line, a season where he carried on every snap, and this year. I think many fans were probably so starved of a bona fide home-grown superstar (since DT) that they wanted to believe that LJ was Sanders and Payton rolled into one.

But whether it's his attitude, his skills, his endurance or the size of his f*cking schlong, it looks as if he isnt that at all.

Personally i couldnt see the logic in paying him. I posted that he'd be done as a force by the end of 2008, and got laughed at.

Mecca
12-04-2007, 06:10 AM
That contract will bite this team in the ass, no doubt about it.

BigRedChief
12-04-2007, 06:11 AM
He's be rehabbing like a demon just to get back on the field for next week's game. He desperately wants to play.

No way should LJ see the field this year. He could re-injure his foot very easily and have a year of re-hab if that happens.

Why play? To be selffish. It sucks being on the sidelines? So what? The seasons lost. We arn't going anywhere. Why take a chance on losing LJ for 2008?

Anyway, we need to see if Smith is a viable backup or maybe trade bait for draft picks?

Mecca
12-04-2007, 06:15 AM
I don't think anyone is gonna trade for a RB anymore.

jjjayb
12-04-2007, 06:32 AM

He may not have a carry longer than 19 yards, but at least he doesn't have as many plays for negative yards. LJ is not good for this type of offensive line. He is the type of runner who needs to get momentum before he can make someone miss or break a tackle. Unfortunately he couldn't get momentum with this line because he was getting hit in the backfield before he could get moving. Lj would be great on a team that could open up big holes for him. With this line, a quick, slasher is better suited. But who am I kidding, you've been told this before and ignored it. It will take a few more games and you'll be saying the same thing like you knew it all along as usual. :rolleyes:

HMc
12-04-2007, 06:33 AM
No way should LJ see the field this year. He could re-injure his foot very easily and have a year of re-hab if that happens.

Why play? To be selffish. It sucks being on the sidelines? So what? The seasons lost. We arn't going anywhere. Why take a chance on losing LJ for 2008?

Anyway, we need to see if Smith is a viable backup or maybe trade bait for draft picks?

This is what i don't get. Smith, to me, is the sort of guy (granted we've only seen two games) that you want to <i>keep</i>. Why? Because he was cheap, he's still cheap, and and he's going to be cheap for a couple more years, even if he really starts to produce.

It's the guys who want 20 million upfront that you need to move to someone else so <i>they</i> can overpay for the guy, not you.

At RB, at least. LTs and QBs are different.

BigRedChief
12-04-2007, 06:38 AM
This is what i don't get. Smith, to me, is the sort of guy (granted we've only seen two games) that you want to keep. Why? Because he was cheap, he's still cheap, and and he's going to be cheap for a couple more years, even if he really starts to produce.

It's the guys who want 20 million upfront that you need to move to someone else so they can overpay for the guy, not you.

Ohhh I know. We need to keep Smith because he's cheap and as we have seen this year in the NFL you need reliable backups at RB and QB or it can take down your whole season.

I also think the days of RB's getting big money contracts are over. RB's can change practically overnight. Too much downside to the cap hit if they get injured or get fat and lazy and don't run hard anymore.

NewChief
12-04-2007, 07:00 AM
I recall NewPhin saying something similar

This pretty much backs what I'd been told as well. Back then, though, I couched it in the terms of the team was going through a shift from the old team to the new team. My source was part of the old team, so he might have had a somewhat schewed view on how the new team felt about LJ. All I'll add is one more anecdote:

A couple of years ago, we were talking about LJ, and I was talking about some interview he did where he came out and took the blame for some of the animosity toward him. Source snorted and rolled his eyes.

I quizzically raised an eyebrow and asked, "What? You don't buy it. It seems cool to me that he's at least coming out and taking some blame for the situation."

Source replies, rolling his eyes again, disgust in his voice, "If the public had a clue of half the crap that LJ does, they wouldn't buy it either. People have no idea what goes on with him behind closed doors."

Take it how you like it. Source and self are biased and are not LJ fans, but just thought it was interesting.

TEX
12-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Grunny on 610 this am said 80% of the Chiefs players in the locker room hate LJ's guts, truly despise the guy.

So if Grunny knows what the hell he is talking about does it matter? Do you have to like the guy to put your own body on the line to block for him?

Who cares? We had our chance to trade him wnd didn't. So now, whatever the deal is - that's what it is. The Chiefs have way more to worry about other than players not liking L.J.

Right off the top of my head I'd be more concerned with how the players feel about the GM and Head Coach.

The Franchise
12-04-2007, 10:48 AM
This is what i don't get. Smith, to me, is the sort of guy (granted we've only seen two games) that you want to <i>keep</i>. Why? Because he was cheap, he's still cheap, and and he's going to be cheap for a couple more years, even if he really starts to produce.

It's the guys who want 20 million upfront that you need to move to someone else so <i>they</i> can overpay for the guy, not you.

Yep....the Chargers should have moved LT because he wanted too much money. :rolleyes:

I'm not comparing LT to LJ either.

Frankie
12-04-2007, 12:02 PM

FAX
Yours and mine, Mr. FAX. I was practically screaming on this BB for the trade. Now LEON does not have a trade value even close to the draft picks and/or players we could have gotten for him. :banghead:

Wile_E_Coyote
12-04-2007, 12:13 PM
People believe what they want to believe.

It's funny that a comment by Peterson on Hard Knocks about Huard. Got turned into Carl demanding that Damon play over Croyle. Herm had no choice. It's fact.

And the part where LJ signs the new contract & runs out on the practice field. Where the players are happy to see him is forgotten

xbarretx
12-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Yep....the Chargers should have moved LT because he wanted too much money. :rolleyes:

I'm not comparing LT to LJ either.

different, your comparing apples and jelly beans.

Chargers have a team setup to where they were contenders...

the Chiefs did not. we broke the bank to keep a player on during a rebuilding year instead of using him to rebuild more. look how much hes helped us this season....yes blame it on play calls blame it on o line... what ever....regardless the fact remains that with a horrible offense theres no reason to have kept him.

but yes... lets worry about Coaching before we again rain on LJ's 8 figure sallery parade

xbarretx
12-04-2007, 12:17 PM

It's funny that a comment by Peterson on Hard Knocks about Huard. Got turned into Carl demanding that Damon play over Croyle. Herm had no choice. It's fact.

And the part where LJ signs the new contract & runs out on the practice field. Where the players are happy to see him is forgotten

how about the part where he runs into his own blockers and falls down...oh wait thats 90% of his plays this year. how ever is that forgotten.....

make no mistake i like LJ but he could be doing better else where and it would have been a win win. had the chiefs been closer to beign a contender.....then yes smart move for showing him the money.

Wile, im not eating your guts with whipped cream!!! :o)

Wile_E_Coyote
12-04-2007, 12:24 PM
LJ prolly chewed out a o-lineman or two. Not going to set well with a former center

BigRedChief
12-04-2007, 12:45 PM

Good point. Gunny has also said that he thinks there will be front office changes in the off season. Who knows if he is FOS are not?

Calcountry
12-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Bob Dole thinks that the only way Carl gets "chopped" this offseason is if he does it himself.You mean Clark calls Carl into his office, throws an enveleop with a severence package in it and says the following, "Carl, I think it is time for you to spend some more time with your family."

Sure-Oz
12-04-2007, 01:15 PM
You mean Clark calls Carl into his office, throws an enveleop with a severence package in it and says the following, "Carl, I think it is time for you to spend some more time with your family."
And give him some chicken shit in a bowl

BigRedChief
12-04-2007, 01:57 PM
You mean Clark calls Carl into his office, throws an enveleop with a severence package in it and says the following, "Carl, I think it is time for you to spend some more time with your family."
And I don't have a problem with that. Give him the golden parachute, put his name in the ring of honor etc. If he goes out this off season I'll even promise to not boo him at the ceremony.

Easy 6
12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
When this line is fixed, LJ will be back in the top 3...bet on it.

"LJ is toast, he just bought a house next door to Washed Up"...what a load, between the holdout & this injury he's gotten more rest than he even needs.

"He's losing his speed"...another stinky load, dont forget that his career long run came THIS year.

I have my problems with the guy, i do think he half stepped way too much this year...but atleast some of that is hard not to understand, the line was getting him MASSACRED as PLAY AFTER PLAY he was met in the backfield...the line may have tightened up JUST a hair recently, but nobody in there right mind can say he was getting any real blocking.

As far as his blocking, i flatly refuse to make excuses for him...its atrocious & theres no good reason for it not to improve.

But wanting him gone is like having a Z06 Corvette & being mad because the neighbor has a Porsche.

InChiefsHeaven
12-05-2007, 07:35 AM
FIrst of all, Grunny should have said 80% of fans on Chiefs planet hate LJ.

Secondly, the idea that this team is not blocking for LJ but they will for Kolby is just laughable. They want to win, and they could give two shits who's running the ball. If they truly are bagging it when LJ is in, then I want that whole abortion of an OLine gone. I just don't buy that.

I can see some of the older guys having a problem with LJ, considering they all played with Priest who is classier (but way stranger) than LJ. I'd bet the guys who came on board at the same time or after LJ like him better. JMO.

TEX
12-05-2007, 07:53 AM
different, your comparing apples and jelly beans.

Chargers have a team setup to where they were contenders...

the Chiefs did not. we broke the bank to keep a player on during a rebuilding year instead of using him to rebuild more. look how much hes helped us this season....yes blame it on play calls blame it on o line... what ever....regardless the fact remains that with a horrible offense theres no reason to have kept him.

but yes... lets worry about Coaching before we again rain on LJ's 8 figure sallery parade

IMO, I think that's exactly why they kept L.J. They figured that he was good enough to overcome the terrible offense, or just mask it enough so it would be "respectable." They were wrong. Nobody is that good.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2007, 07:54 AM
The majority of players could very well hate the guy, but I don't buy the notion they aren't blocking for him. They all want to win and they're getting paid big $ or playing for that next big $ contract... tanking b/c they hate LJ would do them no good financially.

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Nobody is that good.

One player was and his name is Barry Sanders

TEX
12-05-2007, 08:04 AM
One player was and his name is Barry Sanders

Yep. Shhhhhhhh...

FringeNC
12-05-2007, 09:05 AM
When this line is fixed, LJ will be back in the top 3...bet on it.

Top three back based on what criteria? In my mind, LJ has NEVER been a top 3 back because of his deficiencies in pass-blocking.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2007, 11:05 AM

so the offensive line that was too sucky to open holes for LJ is now good enough to open them for Kolby Smith?

so then maybe their is something to this "they don't like LJ" stuff.

Easy 6
12-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Top three back based on what criteria? In my mind, LJ has NEVER been a top 3 back because of his deficiencies in pass-blocking.

Ummm, rushing yards???

1700+ last year.