PDA

View Full Version : Vance Carlton-Orange Bowl Committee on KU vs. MU

petegz28
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Reported on 38 the spot....

"Has nothing to do with money".....bullshit

"KU did what they were supposed to do"....huh?

"MU lost 1 more game than KU"...MU played more games than KU

I just thought it was funny watching this guy....

KcMizzou
12-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Eh, whatever. I'm over it.

At this point I just hope we win our bowl game.

bkkcoh
12-04-2007, 07:15 PM
All that needs to happen is for U to kick Arkansas's ass and for KU to get their butt handed to them for their second straight loss. :toast:

FloridaMan88
12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Orange Bowl committee probably worried that Mizzou fans will only travel to games that they can drive their houses to at a reasonable distance.

KChiefs1
12-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Mizzou in the Cotton Bowl will work out in their favor anyway....MU already sold out their allotment & expect 30,000+ to attend the game in Dallas. It's going to be a week of Chase Daniel & Mizzou love in Texas...how can that be bad? I lived in Texas for a few years & trust me the people down there think the Cotton Bowl is the be all end all of bowl games...you know Texans think everything in their state is the best. Plenty of Texas recruits will be reading, hearing & seeing lots of Mizzou Tiger stuff for a week. I can only imagine how much Chase Daniel press we'll be getting down there & trust me when I say every Texas high school player knows about Chase Daniel down there.

When the final polls come out January 8th it will be all good for MU.

If KU gets rolled big-time in Miami it will definitely reflect on their season & everyone will say they were a fraud. KU needs to win the Orange Bowl to show people they aren't a fraud. The pressure is all on KU at this point. Loss big & people will say they were a joke & the ranking will definitely reflect that....

I happen to like the Cotton Bowl at this point in time.

Pierce
12-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Mizzou in the Cotton Bowl will work out in their favor anyway....MU already sold out their allotment & expect 30,000+ to attend the game in Dallas. It's going to be a week of Chase Daniel & Mizzou love in Texas...how can that be bad? I lived in Texas for a few years & trust me the people down there think the Cotton Bowl is the be all end all of bowl games...you know Texans think everything in their state is the best. Plenty of Texas recruits will be reading, hearing & seeing lots of Mizzou Tiger stuff for a week. I can only imagine how much Chase Daniel press we'll be getting down there & trust me when I say every Texas high school player knows about Chase Daniel down there.

When the final polls come out January 8th it will be all good for MU.

If KU gets rolled big-time in Miami it will definitely reflect on their season & everyone will say they were a fraud. KU needs to win the Orange Bowl to show people they aren't a fraud. The pressure is all on KU at this point. Loss big & people will say they were a joke & the ranking will definitely reflect that....

I happen to like the Cotton Bowl at this point in time.

True, there is pressure on KU. There is pressure on MU though as well. If they lose again, it will also be two straight losses - and in the eyes of everyone not in MO or KS - MU will be frauds just like KU.

KChiefs1
12-04-2007, 08:53 PM
True, there is pressure on KU. There is pressure on MU though as well. If they lose again, it will also be two straight losses - and in the eyes of everyone not in MO or KS - MU will be frauds just like KU.

not disagreeing with that at all....I do believe MU has a much easier bowl opponent compared to KU though. I've seen VA Tech in action & they are tough but of course Arkansas beat LSU too.

I think both bowl games will be very entertaining to watch for different reasons.

Skip Towne
12-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Cotton Bowl? Is that the minor bowl they play in the morning?

1ChiefsDan
12-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Orange Bowl committee probably worried that Mizzou fans will only travel to games that they can drive their houses to at a reasonable distance.ROFLROFL

Pierce
12-04-2007, 08:58 PM
not disagreeing with that at all....I do believe MU has a much easier bowl opponent compared to KU though. I've seen VA Tech in action & they are tough but of course Arkansas beat LSU too.

I think both bowl games will be very entertaining to watch for different reasons.
Agreed. It will be good to get through with finals and sit back and watch the Big 12 represent. It's time to show the country that KU and MU can compete with the likes of the ACC and SEC.

Bearcat
12-04-2007, 09:16 PM

Eh... everyone's a fraud this year. If LSU blows out OSU, OSU will be a fraud (again). If Georgia blows out Hawaii, Hawaii will be a fraud, etc.

Of course a blowout would be disappointing, but at the end of the night, I'm not going to cry about losing to VTech by a possession or two in the Orange Bowl. You could make a case that there's more pressure on VTech to win, because Kansas isn't even supposed to be on the same field.

HC_Chief
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM

Good thing they're playing in the Cotton Bowl considering all the sandy vaginas in their fanbase. They can have a big collective rag and STFU. :D

Pierce
12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Good thing they're playing in the Cotton Bowl considering all the sandy vaginas in their fanbase. They can have a big collective rag and STFU. :D

Come on now, sure some MU fans are whining, but others have not. This type of comment is only going to add more sand to the already sandy-vaginas of the few MU fans who are whining.

Dallas Chief
12-04-2007, 09:33 PM
you know Texans think everything in their state is the best.
So what isn't the best about Texas??? No state income taxes and lots and lots of Republicans. Oh yeah and there is the whole hot women thing- especially in Dallas...

Spott
12-04-2007, 09:34 PM

Scoreboard.

dtebbe
12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
You could make a case that there's more pressure on VTech to win, because Kansas isn't even supposed to be on the same field.

Finally, a Jaychoke that's in touch with reality.

DT

ROYC75
12-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Plus, Texas is Big 12 country......... Recruits.

Somehow many MU fans are missing the boat here.

Miami ? East Coast, you have schools like Florida, Florida State, Miami to contend with on recruits...... The only recruits that are really going to watch are the lesser name kids that isn't getting attention to the top 25 schools / programs in college football.

KU is not one of them folks....... Neither is MU, but they are closer than KU is.

Gary
12-04-2007, 10:44 PM
So what isn't the best about Texas??? No state income taxes and lots and lots of Republicans. Oh yeah and there is the whole hot women thing- especially in Dallas...

Could be the overabundance of inbreeders & Longhorn lovers! Sorry, couldn't resist. I actually like Texas. My parents used to own a ranch outside of Kerrville (beautiful country).

Coach
12-04-2007, 10:46 PM
While Missouri should have been in the Orange Bowl, there isn't anything wrong with being in Texas, as Missouri can use this game to beat a very good SEC team, and nab up some solid recruits from Texas.

Reerun_KC
12-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Question?

How long are you MU fans going to complain about this? At some point you have to let it go, dont you?

Dallas Chief
12-05-2007, 12:11 AM
Question?

How long are you MU fans going to complain about this? At some point you have to let it go, dont you?
I wish they would let it go. They had there chance against OU and blew it, plain and simple. They knew the deal going in. Friggin no tradition cry babies...They are lucky they aren't playing in the Independence Bowl.

Eleazar
12-05-2007, 12:12 AM
recruiting pipeline.

Dallas Chief
12-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Could be the overabundance of inbreeders & Longhorn lovers! Sorry, couldn't resist. I actually like Texas. My parents used to own a ranch outside of Kerrville (beautiful country).
Well good thing I'm not a Longhorn fan!!! Kerrville- ahhh the hill country. Beautiful place. I am a little partial to Fredricksburg though...

ferrarispider95
12-05-2007, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't be so sure on beating the razorbacks, Mcfadden and Jones will be tough to stop.

Eleazar
12-05-2007, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't be so sure on beating the razorbacks, Mcfadden and Jones will be tough to stop.

It'll be a tough game, but it should be an entertaining one with lots of offense. I bet it wakes some people up on New Year's Day.

Pierce
12-05-2007, 01:06 AM
It'll be a tough game, but it should be an entertaining one with lots of offense. I bet it wakes some people up on New Year's Day.
It won't wake anybody up on the west coast, I don't think. ;)

Thrillhouse
12-05-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm a fan of neither team, but the crying makes you look sad. Just ****ing stop and get over it.

kepp
12-05-2007, 07:00 AM
I wish they would let it go. They had there chance against OU and blew it, plain and simple. They knew the deal going in. Friggin no tradition cry babies...They are lucky they aren't playing in the Independence Bowl.
Okay, there are the cryers and the instigators. If EVERYONE would stop taking jabs either way, all the b1tching would die out.

petegz28
12-05-2007, 08:53 AM

Yet they are still ranked 2 spots higher than KU.... ROFL

Dallas Chief
12-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Okay, there are the cryers and the instigators. If EVERYONE would stop taking jabs either way, all the b1tching would die out.
Truth.

Reerun_KC
12-05-2007, 09:22 AM
It is what it is... we all know MU is the better team they proved that...

We also know that the Rose/Orange bowl committees are MUrons as well...

go play your game, win your bowl and be happy...

Besides the Orange isnt much better than the Cotton.

siberian khatru
12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
It is what it is... we all know MU is the better team they proved that...

We also know that the Rose/Orange bowl committees are MUrons as well...

go play your game, win your bowl and be happy...

Besides the Orange isnt much better than the Cotton.

This should be the end of it.

Props to KU on a great season.

DJay23
12-05-2007, 09:50 AM

When are you going to be a man and just shut the **** up about all this already. What a pussy.

Ari ümlaüt
12-05-2007, 09:52 AM
I think if I were a MIZZOU fan, I would be ecstatic about the Cotton Bowl. The effect on recruiting is going to be HUGE. Much larger than the Orange Bowl for KU.

Frazod
12-05-2007, 09:56 AM

First off, stick crybaby up your ass.

Second, before Missouri blew their chance against Oklahoma, KANSAS BLEW THEIR CHANCE AGAINST MISSOURI. Why is that point endlessly glossed over? That loss should have eliminated them from BCS consideration. It certainly did in the minds of everybody except for the Orange Bowl scumbags (for whatever reason). I really don't think there is anyone out there delusional enough to believe that Kansas could have beaten Oklahoma. Due to scheduling and the fact that they LOST THE BIG XII NORTH TITLE TO MISSOURI (really, it happened, I was there, I've got the ticket and everything), Kansas dodged the OU bullet that felled us twice. Should they be rewarded for that? Well, they were.

chiefqueen
12-05-2007, 12:45 PM

I think you usually sleep through it (or your sig. other has the remote to watch the Rose parade.)

Dartgod
12-05-2007, 12:50 PM
When are you going to be a man and just shut the **** up about all this already. What a pussy.
Or you could just quit crying about the cryers.

Crap, did I just cry about people crying about cryers? :cuss:

RockChalk
12-05-2007, 01:09 PM
That loss should have eliminated them from BCS consideration. It certainly did in the minds of everybody except for the Orange Bowl scumbags (for whatever reason).

actually, that's not the case asshat

the Fiesta was set to take us (I know this because the father of a buddy of mine is on the Fiesta Bowl Selection Committee) but the Orange has first pick and they wanted KU

know your sh*t before spouting off...oh wait, that wouldn't be like you

Dallas Chief
12-05-2007, 01:22 PM
First off, stick crybaby up your ass.

Second, before Missouri blew their chance against Oklahoma, KANSAS BLEW THEIR CHANCE AGAINST MISSOURI. Why is that point endlessly glossed over? That loss should have eliminated them from BCS consideration. It certainly did in the minds of everybody except for the Orange Bowl scumbags (for whatever reason). I really don't think there is anyone out there delusional enough to believe that Kansas could have beaten Oklahoma. Due to scheduling and the fact that they LOST THE BIG XII NORTH TITLE TO MISSOURI (really, it happened, I was there, I've got the ticket and everything), Kansas dodged the OU bullet that felled us twice. Should they be rewarded for that? Well, they were.
Well first off-you can wipe the sweat from me ballz if it'll make you feel better.

Hmmm... lets see 11-1 versus 11-2. Do the math pal, Kansas had the better win percentage. Is the BCS not a numbers driven ranking system? And of course Kansas wouldn't have beat OU. The disappointment in your team has blinded you. Mizzou would be playing not just in BCS game, but in the BCS Championship, had they beat OU. They had one thing left to do and they failed. Win and your in asshat. What's so hard to understand about that? I'm afraid the strain was more than they could bear...

HC_Chief
12-05-2007, 01:31 PM
They had one thing left to do and they failed.

Mizzerably ROFL

I so called this one right after the MU/KU game; foresaw OU thumping MU, then KU getting a BCS bowl instead of MU, and the incredible wailing from the MUrons :D

Frazod
12-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Well first off-you can wipe the sweat from me ballz if it'll make you feel better.

Hmmm... lets see 11-1 versus 11-2. Do the math pal, Kansas had the better win percentage. Is the BCS not a numbers driven ranking system? And of course Kansas wouldn't have beat OU. The disappointment in your team has blinded you. Mizzou would be playing not just in BCS game, but in the BCS Championship, had they beat OU. They had one thing left to do and they failed. Win and your in asshat. What's so hard to understand about that? I'm afraid the strain was more than they could bear...

I'm afraid you'd have to grow ballz before anybody did anything to them. You're also clearly too f#cking stupid to understand anything I said. The only reason Kansas had a better winning percentage is because (a) they didn't play a decent team until November 24 and (b) their progression towards their second loss was stopped cold on November 24.

Clearly the strain of common sense is more than you can bear, dumbass.

Mr. Plow
12-05-2007, 02:34 PM
fraz must have been molested by a KU alum to have this kind of hatred.

Frazod
12-05-2007, 02:39 PM
fraz must have been molested by a KU alum to have this kind of hatred.

No, I just hate obnoxious morons.

jAZ
12-05-2007, 02:40 PM

As a KU fan, that makes no sense.

HC_Chief
12-05-2007, 02:42 PM

Self-loathing tigger... no wonder you're so pissy :p

Mr. Plow
12-05-2007, 03:02 PM

All obnoxious morons, or just obnoxious KU morons?

King_Chief_Fan
12-05-2007, 03:04 PM
actually, that's not the case asshat

the Fiesta was set to take us (I know this because the father of a buddy of mine is on the Fiesta Bowl Selection Committee) but the Orange has first pick and they wanted KU

know your sh*t before spouting off...oh wait, that wouldn't be like you

I have a buddy who know this guy who has a buddy whose buddy told another buddy that your buddy doesn't know anybody.:evil:

Mr. Plow
12-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I have a buddy who know this guy who has a buddy whose buddy told another buddy that your buddy doesn't know anybody.:evil:

Hey.....I know that guy.

RockChalk
12-05-2007, 04:22 PM

yeah, i know that whole story...

but i actually bought a plane ticket down to Arizona for the Fiesta Bowl because his dad gets us tickets...this story is legit. they were prepared to match us up against OU but the Orange Bowl grabbed KU first.

Pierce
12-05-2007, 05:15 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t122/redleghawk/lewfather.jpg?t=1196890860

lancer348
12-05-2007, 08:27 PM

Better win percentage, dare I quote KK, Hawaii is 12-0 and got picked last....

So that is clearly a BS answer. Whats in common between KU and UH, they didn't play anyone...

KcMizzou
12-05-2007, 08:33 PM

So that is clearly a BS answer. Whats in common between KU and UH, they didn't play anyone...Eh... it's not worth your time.

Deep down, everyone knows Mizzou got screwed. But, we still got a good bowl, in a prime recruiting area. Other than not having the "BCS" label, it's a fine draw.

At this point, I just hope Mizzou puts on a good show and wins the game. We'll be very tough again next season.

Dallas Chief
12-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm afraid you'd have to grow ballz before anybody did anything to them. You're also clearly too f#cking stupid to understand anything I said. The only reason Kansas had a better winning percentage is because (a) they didn't play a decent team until November 24 and (b) their progression towards their second loss was stopped cold on November 24.

Clearly the strain of common sense is more than you can bear, dumbass.
Hey sh!t fo' brains- Where in your first reply to did you say anything about Kansas strength of schedule? Umm...nowhere. By your same logic, since Mizzou lost to Oklahoma already once this year before the Big 12 champ., they should have been eliminated from BCS contention as well. And we all know that the Border War at Arrowhead was just a little bit closer than the Mizzou bandwagoners wanted it to be. As a matter of fact, I tend to agree that Mizzou got screwed a slight bit. I would have loved to see you guys head to the Orange Bowl and completely raped by VaTech.

There are only so many bowls to go around sister, and you shouldn't expect to go to the dance if you fail to seal the deal. Now unwad your panties, change your kotex, and take a Xanax... baby arm.

Dallas Chief
12-05-2007, 10:41 PM

So that is clearly a BS answer. Whats in common between KU and UH, they didn't play anyone...
Eh, good point, but in the end Hawaii is still in the money. I was only referring to the fact that Mizzou fans can't stand the fact the KU got in and they didn't. All becasue they had a better record, thus a higher BCS rank. And for the record, I am no KU football fan. I've gradually become a pretty hardcore OU fan over the past 15 yrs. or so.

Braincase
12-06-2007, 06:44 AM
I agree that MU got screwed, and on a neutral field MU is 6-8 points better than KU. If the MU fans ought to be pissed at anybody, it's their own AD. Perkins just outhustled Alden, I'm guessing due to the uncertainty of whether MU would be playing for the national championship. MU didn't get their foot in the door with a fallback position, and KU made the argument of KU over OU on Saturday before the Big 12 Championship game. Yes, MU became a victim of their own success.

Don't worry about it MU fans, next year KU has to play Texas, OU and Texas Tech, then we can bitch about how weak your schedule is.