PDA

View Full Version : Tim Grunhard is ripping me off again...

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 09:58 AM
He's on 610 talking about defensive tackles. I'm guessing he'll start reading my article (http://kan.scout.com/2/708389.html) any minute now.

Radar Chief
12-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Where is your article, I guess I missed it?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Where is your article, I guess I missed it.

I haven't posted it yet. Guess this thread works.

http://kan.scout.com/2/708389.html

Where’s The Beef?

By C.E. Wendler
Warpaint Illustrated Columnist
Posted Dec 4, 2007

Sunday’s Chiefs game brought up all the old scapegoats in Kansas City. Fans at Arrowhead Stadium held signs that read “BOO HERM” and “CAN CARL.”

There was plenty of complaining about KC’s horrid offensive line, Damon Huard’s inept play and blown coverages in the secondary.

But watching the Chiefs drop their fifth consecutive game, none of that really stood out as something I felt like complaining about. Instead, I felt like singling out another old problem – one that’s plagued this franchise for years – that fully reared its ugly head against the Chargers.

The Chiefs still don’t have a defensive tackle – not one – who’s consistently getting the job done.

Oh, it started out well this year. Alfonso Boone looked like “the guy” that was going to turn things around for the Chiefs up front. He made everyone stand up and clap in Houston, when he penetrated the Texans’ offensive line and made plays in the backfield on two consecutive snaps.

Boone’s solid play continued for the first half of the season. Kansas City’s defensive tackles had good games against Minnesota, Oakland, and even Green Bay (who could forget the sight of Brett Favre throwing another bomb off his back foot, Boone’s hand in his face). They played pretty well in shutting down the Colts a few weeks ago.

But as the season has worn on, Boone, 31 years old, has apparently worn down. With little help from Ron Edwards, who’s never wowed anyone, and even less from rookie defensive tackles Tank Tyler and Turk McBride, the Chiefs have struggled at times on defense.

It was all out in the open against the Chargers. Boone, Edwards, Tyler and McBride were pretty much dominated by the interior of San Diego’s offensive line. Mike Goff, Nick Hardwick and Kris Dielman opened holes in the running game and LaDainian Tomlinson ripped the Chiefs for 177 yards and two scores. Philip Rivers had a bad day, but made some big plays when there was absolutely no pressure in his face on a couple of snaps.

It all started with about 10 minutes left in the first quarter. Tomlinson took a carry up the middle for 25 yards, and the problem was right in the middle of KC’s defensive line. Boone was blown off the ball by Dielman, while Edwards was double-teamed by Hardwick and Goff. The inability of Boone and Edwards to control the play up front meant Donnie Edwards and Napoleon Harris got swallowed up at the second level.

About a quarter later, the problem resurfaced. Philip Rivers completed a 40-yard pass to tight end Brandon Manumaleuna. The main culprit on this play appeared to be linebacker Pat Thomas, who was sucked up on play action, but Boone and Tyler got absolutely no penetration. Rivers stepped up into a squeaky-clean pocket and threw down the field with ease.

It was more of the same when San Diego’s quarterback launched a 38-yard bomb, tying the game right after the Chiefs had taken a 10-3 lead, to Vincent Jackson. Rivers faked a handoff and there was absolutely no penetration from the Chiefs at all. Boone and Edwards were stood up at the line of scrimmage.

The final straw? Tomlinson’s two long touchdown runs. Both plays featured San Diego’s offensive linemen simply engulfing KC’s defensive line. Herm Edwards raved about “gap control” this week, in explanation of his team’s poor run defense (and yes, Napoleon Harris did look lost on LT’s first score), but there’s not much a defense can do when it’s linebackers aren’t free to roam.

The Chiefs tried to solve this problem by drafting Tyler and McBride. Neither have lived up to expectations in their rookie seasons.

Does this team have problems at other positions? Definitely. The Chiefs need to find another wide receiver, a couple of cornerbacks and most assuredly require help on the offensive line. But watching Sunday’s game, it became apparent that perhaps a defensive tackle wouldn’t be a bad move with Kansas City likely picking in the top 10 this year.

Glenn Dorsey, anyone?

Skip Towne
12-05-2007, 10:02 AM
What an inflated opinion you have of yourself.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 10:03 AM

No, he's done it before. He reads verbatim from our website. He did with a Brodie Croyle article previously this year. He spoke the exact words I wrote in the article on the air. I need to tune into 610 more often. I'm sure he does it every week.

Donger
12-05-2007, 10:05 AM
No, he's done it before. He reads verbatim from our website. He did with a Brodie Croyle article previously this year. He spoke the exact words I wrote in the article on the air. I need to tune into 610 more often. I'm sure he does it every week.

Does he try to pass the words off as his? Does he mention the source?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Does he mention the source?

Nope.

the Talking Can
12-05-2007, 10:07 AM

yup....he thinks he the mini-whitlock

HemiEd
12-05-2007, 10:08 AM
This can not be true. Tank and Turk were drafted by Herm Edwards, the draft genius! Herm don't draft no junk!

Skip Towne
12-05-2007, 10:10 AM
yup....he thinks he the mini-whitlock
He smells more like Athan to me.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Here's the first time I caught him:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168141&highlight=Grunhard

Donger
12-05-2007, 10:12 AM

If what GoChiefs says is true, and Grunhard does/has in fact read verbatim from GoChief's article(s), would you reevaluate that assertion?

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, nobody else could see that the D-tackles haven't been playing extremely well.

KCJohnny
12-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Your article makes no mention of Donnie getting inured. Tomlinson was under control until Edwards and Wesley got hurt. Thomas and McGraw in relief looked totally lost trying to contain LT. Donnie Edwards is a HUGE reason why the D is as good as it is.

Mr. Kotter
12-05-2007, 10:16 AM
I agree we could use a stud DT, or two....but is it possible that our DTs looked weak against a solid Charger OL, and their DTs looked All-World against our putrid OL.

:shrug:

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, nobody else could see that the D-tackles haven't been playing extremely well.

The timing of his broadcast cannot be ignored.

He's going to break now. Afterwards...

"I want to talk a little about the defense and why I think the defense has been struggling."

This is gonna be excellent. ROFL

Radar Chief
12-05-2007, 10:28 AM
I haven't posted it yet. Guess this thread works.

Thanks GoChiefs, and if it helps any I agree with the gist of your article.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Here we go.

"dominated by San Diego's offensive line"

"Goff, Hardwick, Dielman...."

"It all started with about 10 minutes left in the first quarter..." - RIPPED RIGHT OUT OF THE ARTICLE

"Donnie Edwards and Napoleon Harris got swallowed up at the second level..." - RIPPED RIGHT OUT OF THE ARTICLE

Grunhard. You silly bitch.

Now he can't pronounce Brandon Manumaleuna...I can spell it, but he can't read it.

And now he's talking about Pat Thomas. CHECK.

"engulfed Kansas City's defensive line" - RIPPED RIGHT FROM THE ARTICLE

"Gap control...Napoleon Harris"...keep reading Grunny.

"The Chiefs tried to solve this problem by drafting Tyler and McBride. Neither have lived up to expectations in their rookie seasons." - RIPPED RIGHT FROM THE ARTICLE

And now he's reading the last paragraph.

el borracho
12-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Not sure if we can expect much improvement in the next year or two from the rookies but I wouldn't cry if we spent a high pick on a DT. Obviously, there is still a need.

StcChief
12-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the 24/7 news sources and lack of ethics in media....

you picked a great career. :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the 24/7 news sources and lack of ethics in media....

you picked a great career. :rolleyes:

I just fired off an e-mail to their program director.

HypnotizedMonkey
12-05-2007, 10:50 AM

Fisticuffs. hahaha

Skip Towne
12-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I hope he has the NFL fire off an email to you in regard to all of their stuff you rip off.

Otter
12-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I think KC needs to start looking internally as to why so many defensive linemen have failed over the last 7 years.

Iowanian
12-05-2007, 10:59 AM

Brideowanian pointed out that they got their arses whipped this week.

Otter is right......if all of your salesmen are useless dumbasses and anchors on a company for 10 years, one might start looking at the guy who is in charge of hiring sales people.

siberian khatru
12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I think KC needs to start looking internally as to why so many defensive linemen have failed over the last 7 years.

I think it's a league-wide problem. My impression is that next to QBs, DLs are the hardest guys to project.

Someone who knows more about this than me maybe could point to some teams that have done a particularly good job of picking DLs.

Mr. Kotter
12-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Fisticuffs. hahaha

Heh.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 11:06 AM
So what you're saying is that Tim Grunhard is reading your articles on the air and passing them off as his own words and thoughts? That's a very serious accusation. I'd make sure you can prove that.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 11:08 AM
So what you're saying is that Tim Grunhard is reading your articles on the air and passing them off as his own words and thoughts? That's a very serious accusation. I'd make sure you can prove that.

Is it just coincidence that he's repeating sentences that appear on our website VERBATIM?

He paraphrased some of it but he made the SAME POINTS I made. Do you think Tim Grunhard is sitting there talking about Pat Thomas today if I didn't mention it last night?

I'm not going to take the guy to court over it but I just think it's pathetic. He should at least credit us.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 11:09 AM
BTW, look at our D-line getting whipped.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7619/dominatedsq9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Rausch
12-05-2007, 11:09 AM

And I'd start by pointing out something original. Don't say "I used common football terminology and NFL commentator cliches in my article and he copied me!"

What original content did you come up with that he could have stolen?...

BigRedChief
12-05-2007, 11:30 AM
"It all started with about 10 minutes left in the first quarter..." - RIPPED RIGHT OUT OF THE ARTICLE

"Donnie Edwards and Napoleon Harris got swallowed up at the second level..." - RIPPED RIGHT OUT OF THE ARTICLE

"engulfed Kansas City's defensive line" - RIPPED RIGHT FROM THE ARTICLE

"The Chiefs tried to solve this problem by drafting Tyler and McBride. Neither have lived up to expectations in their rookie seasons." - RIPPED RIGHT FROM THE ARTICLE
GoChiefs you know I'm a fan of your work but these are all points that 100 posters on this site have made at one time or another. I just don't see any orginal thoughts that he ripped off.

Now he may be doing it but you don't have a case.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Where in one of your articles did he read LJ was hated by 80% of the other players?

Mile High Mania
12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Why don't you call into his show and call him on it, big boy?

Mile High Mania
12-05-2007, 11:36 AM
He paraphrased some of it but he made the SAME POINTS I made. Do you think Tim Grunhard is sitting there talking about Pat Thomas today if I didn't mention it last night?

Get over yourself...

Mile High Mania
12-05-2007, 11:36 AM
I hope he has the NFL fire off an email to you in regard to all of their stuff you rip off.

Now, that is funny!

dirk digler
12-05-2007, 11:37 AM
As much as I agree about the D-Line we need major help on the O-line first. Our first priority should be fixing the O-Line we already drafted 2 last year for the D-Line. If they suck then blame that on Herm and Carl.

Mile High Mania
12-05-2007, 11:39 AM

You're going to need to share the reply if you get one... this should be one funny reply.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 11:40 AM
GoChiefs you know I'm a fan of your work but these are all points that 100 posters on this site have made at one time or another. I just don't see any orginal thoughts that he ripped off.

Now he may be doing it but you don't have a case.

He's reading stuff VERBATIM off the website. It's plainly obvious he's filling time on the air by reading warpaint.

Why wasn't Grunhard talking about defensive tackles YESTERDAY?

Answer: THERE WASN'T AN ARTICLE ON WARPAINT ABOUT IT.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-05-2007, 11:42 AM
If indeed this is true, you should have thought of a way to use it to your advantage. Instead of getting pissed

Mile High Mania
12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Major question ... is he a premium member or just (supposedly) reading the free crap?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Major question ... is he a premium member or just (supposedly) reading the free crap?

It was a free article.

blaise
12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Tim just stole a line from me, "Water is wet and the sun rises in the east." I know he did because I'm the only one that could have come up with such an earth shattering take.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Seriously dude, post clips of him speaking direct quotes from your articles or shut up. I know many people have questioned Grunhard's intelligence but I really don't think he's stupid enough to read an article on the air and claim it as his own. If he actually did that, then it's a very, very serious accusation and needs to be taken up with lawyers, not his producer. What do you expect his producer to say?

Eleazar
12-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Seriously dude, post clips of him speaking direct quotes from your articles or shut up. I know many people have questioned Grunhard's intelligence but I really don't think he's stupid enough to read an article on the air and claim it as his own. If he actually did that, then it's a very, very serious accusation and needs to be taken up with lawyers, not his producer. What do you expect his producer to say?

No kidding. The allegation here is something that would get him terminated and could get 810's parent company sued by that cra<i></i>ckerjack outfit WPI, if they could find enough under their couch cushions for lawyers.

BigRedChief
12-05-2007, 02:18 PM
No kidding. The allegation here is something that would get him terminated and could get 810's parent company sued by that crackerjack outfit WPI, if they could find enough under their couch cushions for lawyers.
Something like this you wouldn't need money up front you could hire them for a % of the settlement.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Seriously dude, post clips of him speaking direct quotes from your articles or shut up.

I'd have to record the broadcast. I'll try to set it up tomorrow. Anyone know a program?

Chiefnj2
12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Something like this you wouldn't need money up front you could hire them for a % of the settlement.
What are Clayton's damages??

underEJ
12-05-2007, 02:46 PM
These accusations are much harder to prove than you may think. And the damage to you for not successfully making your case is probably far worse than you think too. That of course depends on what your aspirations are.

How you handle it is as important as being right.

And then there is the matter of low hanging fruit. All these things you bring up are conversations I have had in the last few days with different people, including same/similar wording.

Proceed with caution.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 02:56 PM
He's on 610 talking about defensive tackles. I'm guessing he'll start reading my article (http://kan.scout.com/2/708389.html) any minute now.

Hypocrite.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4152899&postcount=5

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Hypocrit.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4152899&postcount=5

Ripping off headlines and reading verbatim from an article are two very different things.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Ripping off headlines and reading verbatim from an article are two very different things.

Okay, then.

stevieray
12-05-2007, 03:28 PM

Look at Napoleon Mitchell taking himself out of the play...

Phobia
12-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Wow. You're very confused. Who decides? You?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Wow. You're very confused. Who decides? You?

It's completely different. Besides, that happened five years ago.

siberian khatru
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Look at Napoleon Mitchell taking himself out of the play...

"Napoleon Mitchell." ROFL

Phobia
12-05-2007, 03:42 PM
It's completely different. Besides, that happened five years ago.
It's the very same thing. The difference is now you're paid and then you were a student. I mean, if you want to split hairs I guess you could say it's different .... It's like the difference between violating a woman with your finger and violating her with your junk. It's still rape. One is obviously worse but they're both the same thing.

Ari ümlaüt
12-05-2007, 03:43 PM
How is this like using NFL footage and cutting it up and making highlight videos? Is this similar at all?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 03:45 PM
It's the very same thing. The difference is now you're paid and then you were a student. I mean, if you want to split hairs I guess you could say it's different .... It's like the difference between violating a woman with your finger and violating her with your junk. It's still rape. One is obviously worse but they're both the same thing.

I don't think you even understand what I did back then. It's pretty much irrelevant to the present-day situation. I would look at the headline, and then put that subject in my radio script (and by the way I was paid), but I put it in my OWN WORDS. Then I read that on the air.

It's completely different. Grunhard is sitting there on the radio, my article pulled up in front of him, going through and reading parts of it verbatim on the air. It's ridiculous.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 03:45 PM
How is this like using NFL footage and cutting it up and making highlight videos? Is this similar at all?

Nope.

Mecca
12-05-2007, 03:57 PM
See this really blows, I'm pretty certain Sedrick Ellis is going to be a pro bowl level DT in the NFL yet our team is in a spot where they basically can't pick him......it blows.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't think you even understand what I did back then. It's pretty much irrelevant to the present-day situation. I would look at the headline, and then put that subject in my radio script (and by the way I was paid), but I put it in my OWN WORDS. Then I read that on the air.

You seem to be backpedaling now. That's not at all how you described it previously. I still think you're confused with regard to ethical behavior. Your record speaks for itself. I think you know I like you and we're buds and all but my opinion is that you're wrong.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
You seem to be backpedaling now. That's not at all how you described it previously. I still think you're confused with regard to ethical behavior. Your record speaks for itself. I think you know I like you and we're buds and all but my opinion is that you're wrong.

Well, that's how it happened. You seem to think I was talking about my old college newspaper. I was talking about a radio station I worked for. It's really quite irrelevant.

You're making a big deal out of nothing. There's nothing ethically wrong with going to the Dallas Morning News website and seeing what happened the night before, and then putting that information in a radio script. It's not like I was copying stuff off their website. Here's an example:

Well Bruce the Rangers bullpen was at it again last night, blowing another game in the 9th inning as the Rangers lost 6 to 3 to the Mariners. Ismael Valdes gave the Rangers another quality start, lasting 8 innings and allowing 3 runs. The Rangers were down 3 to nothing but Juan Gonzalez and Ivan Rodriguez both went yard in the 4th inning to cut the lead to 1. That would be as close as the Rangers would get though, because Jay Powell and Rich Rodriguez served up 3 insurance runs in the top of the 9th inning to secure Seattle’s victory. Pudge hit another homer in the 9th, but it was too late by that time. Yeah, you can blame that awful bullpen for this loss, but the Rangers offense squeaked out a whole 5 hits again. Texas takes on the Mariners tonight at 7:05 pm and the game’s on Fox Sports Network.

Hang on, I’ll be right back after these words from the Dallas SportsGuide

Well you usually don’t see bad teams on Monday Night Football, but even the Cowboys got an appearance last season. But I guess their luck has run out because ABC will not feature the Cowboys in a game this season for the first time since 1990. Al Michaels and John Madden aren’t too pleased about it either. The Cowboys do get two primetime games on ESPN this season though, with the first being the season opener against the Texans on September 8th.

And the Forth Worth Star Telegram reported that the Mavs have agreed on a 7-year deal worth $60 million with Raef Lafrentz. Apparently Lafrentz was looking for at least 90 million, but Mark Cuban did something to drive the price down. Don Nelson said the Mavs will move Lafrentz to power forward next season.

And in the NFL, Packer safety LeRoy Butler has decided to retire after a 12-year career. There were some concerns about a left shoulder injury which had still not healed, and Butler decided to just go out on his own terms rather than make life hard for the team by occupying a roster spot. He fell 2 interceptions short of becoming the first player in NFL history to finish his career with 40 interceptions and 20 sacks.

And that’s Sports for Thursday.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Nah. That stuff happens all the time. In fact, I used to rip off the Dallas Morning News headlines when I did a short morning sports update for a Country station in DFW a few years ago.

That sounds a whole lot different from this:
I would look at the headline, and then put that subject in my radio script (and by the way I was paid), but I put it in my OWN WORDS. Then I read that on the air.

Backpedaling. Period. You've somehow rationalized it in your own mind but what you've done is the same. It doesn't matter if you did it yesterday or 5 years ago. The fact that you're complaining about Grunhard and then justifying your own actions makes you a hypocrite.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
LOL...you're ridiculous, Phil. What I did five years ago and what Tim is doing now is completely different.

Just read that script. Nothing in there appeared verbatim in the Dallas Morning News. Not a single sentence.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Dude, it has no impact on my life whatsoever. I do not care either way. I'm just calling it how I see it. It's possible I'm wrong but based on your own words which appeared on this site, I don't think I am wrong.

Demonpenz
12-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I need to start suing some rock bands. I have C F G chord on lockdown and they are using it willie nilli style

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Dude, it has no impact on my life whatsoever. I do not care either way. I'm just calling it how I see it. It's possible I'm wrong but based on your own words which appeared on this site, I don't think I am wrong.

Yeah, I really didn't accurately describe the situation. I wasn't ripping anyone off. Sorry to confuse you.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 04:27 PM
It's cool, GOATSE. Most of us know that you don't really mean anything you say.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm not a hypocrite, dude.

Donger
12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
I agree with GoChiefs on this one. If Grunhard is reading GoChief's column verbatim and is not giving the source (passing it off as his own work/words), that's crap.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I really didn't accurately describe the situation. I wasn't ripping anyone off. Sorry to confuse you.
Doesn't it seem pretty convenient to be backpedaling today when it suits your agenda but not when you made the statement. I'm not really confused by anything but your flip-flopping.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I agree with GoChiefs on this one. If Grunhard is reading GoChief's column verbatim and is not giving the source (passing it off as his own work/words), that's crap.
I agree with that.

Skip Towne
Given the content of your "articles", Grunhard is guilty of petty theft at most.

Hammock Parties
Doesn't it seem pretty convenient to be backpedaling today when it suits your agenda but not when you made the statement. I'm not really confused by anything but your flip-flopping.

What agenda? The proof is right there in front of you - the script is clearly my own creation and not plagiarized. I didn't really "rip off" anyone. It was a poor choice of words on my part.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm not a hypocrite, dude.

It's just difficult to know what you mean by that.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:33 PM
It's just difficult to know what you mean by that.

I was curious about your original accusation, too. I suspect it was a failed joke on your part. Clearly there's zero evidence that indicates any hypocrisy on my part.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 04:34 PM

No argument. Grunhard should cite his source.

But GOATSE should quit his whining.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
No argument. Grunhard should cite his source.

But GOATSE should quit his whining.

Forgive me for being so defensive. It's not every day I get accused of being a hypocrite. Especially by douchebag trolls.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I was curious about your original accusation, too. I suspect it was a failed joke on your part.

Why? Because you're not laughing?

Clearly there's zero evidence that indicates any hypocrisy on my part.

Except for your own words.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Forgive me for being so defensive. It's not every day I get accused of being a hypocrite. Especially by douchebag trolls.

You're forgiven.

RNR
12-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Given the content of your "articles", Grunhard is guilty of petty theft at most.
ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Except for your own words.

Nope. But a valiant effort on your part.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 04:40 PM
Nope. But a valiant effort on your part.

I think that line has been used before.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 04:43 PM
I think that line has been used before.

Yeah. I just googled "but a valiant effort on your part" and found four entries.

Which one did you lift it from?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah. I just googled "but a valiant effort on your part" and found four entries.

Which one did you lift it from?

Stop being a dumbass. That's a common expression.

Skip Towne
12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
You've been on here 5 years. Why haven't we heard about this 'Radio Job" before now?

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Stop being a dumbass. That's a common expression.

No shit.®

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:50 PM
You've been on here 5 years. Why haven't we heard about this 'Radio Job" before now?

Probably because I quit shortly after I joined Chiefsplanet.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 04:54 PM
What agenda? The proof is right there in front of you - the script is clearly my own creation and not plagiarized. I didn't really "rip off" anyone. It was a poor choice of words on my part.
You "proof" isn't really admissible considering the circumstances. Your agenda is to defend yourself. Don't be stupid. OTOH, I have no agenda - I'm simply calling as I see it. If I'm mistaken it really doesn't reflect on me either way.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 04:56 PM
You "proof" isn't really admissible considering the circumstances.

WTF? You suggest I doctored the script?

You're pissing me off, Phil. I'm no hypocrite on this issue. I'd never rip off someone else's work and claim it as my own.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Are you suggesting you're above reproach? Your past behavior clearly proves otherwise. You SAID you ripped off work and claimed it as your own and now you're chalking it up as a "poor choice of words".

Be pissed. I don't care. I'm just offering up the way I see it - the way any reasonable person would. You'll get over it.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
You SAID you ripped off work and claimed it as your own and now you're chalking it up as a "poor choice of words".

I said I ripped off HEADLINES. Yes, Phil, I admit I did that. I went and I ripped off the news so I could put the news in my script. Where else was I supposed to find the news? The ESP/Telepathy network? This isn't hard to understand. I also credited the Forth Worth Star Telegram and Dallas Morning News when appropriate. There was no "claiming it as my own."

Calcountry
12-05-2007, 05:03 PM
It's the very same thing. The difference is now you're paid and then you were a student. I mean, if you want to split hairs I guess you could say it's different .... It's like the difference between violating a woman with your finger and violating her with your junk. It's still rape. One is obviously worse but they're both the same thing.Dude, you expect Gochiefs to understand THAT analogy? :shake:

FAX
12-05-2007, 05:06 PM
This is bad, Mr. GoChiefs. Very bad.

Let's bullrush him back into his program manager. He always was a sucker for that move.

FAX

Frankie
12-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Tim Grunhard is ripping me off again...
I think GOATSE is jealous that Gruny had a QB's hand up his ass for years.

Donger
12-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I said I ripped off HEADLINES. Yes, Phil, I admit I did that. I went and I ripped off the news so I could put the news in my script. Where else was I supposed to find the news? The ESP/Telepathy network? This isn't hard to understand. I also credited the Forth Worth Star Telegram and Dallas Morning News when appropriate. There was no "claiming it as my own."

Did you ever use their words without quotation marks and citing the source?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Did you ever use their words without quotation marks and citing the source?

Never.

Donger
12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Never.

Did you use their headline without quotation marks?

Valiant
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM
So the jist of this thread, is Gochiefs is made because somebody said something that may or may not of been part of his article over the air and is pissed.. But was proven that Gochiefs stole catchy titles of articles to use as his own in the past?? But it is alright because it happen five years ago???

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 05:28 PM
But was proven that Gochiefs stole catchy titles of articles to use as his own in the past?? ?

No. You've completely misread the situation. I didn't steal any titles.

Donger
12-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Answer my second question, please.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Did you use their headline without quotation marks?

There were no headlines involved. It was radio work.

This has gotten way out of hand. ClevelandBronco has a talent for making a mountain out of a molehill.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 05:35 PM

How does one "misread" this:
Nah. That stuff happens all the time. In fact, I used to rip off the Dallas Morning News headlines when I did a short morning sports update for a Country station in DFW a few years ago.

Your future blind wife is going to win every argument.

Donger
12-05-2007, 05:36 PM
There were no headlines involved. It was radio work.

This has gotten way out of hand. ClevelandBronco has a talent for making a mountain out of a molehill.

I don't understand. You said that you ripped off their headlines. Why did you say that if "there were no headlines involved"?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't understand. You said that you ripped off their headlines. Why did you say that if "there were no headlines involved"?

I went and looked at the headlines so I knew what had happened the previous night. Then I put that information in the script. Like I said, it was a poor choice of words.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I dont even understand why timmy would rip off such a shitty article that lacks no merit. I shot down his every premise here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176025

Look dude, I don't put a whole lot of stock in football outsiders. It's purely stats based.

All you had to do was watch that game. Our defensive tackles got whipped. That's a fact. You haven't shot down anything.

FAX
Radio guys are constantly using other people's headlines for stories. It happens all the time. Of course, they often read articles, as well, but they should cite the source.

Grunny needs to stop this practice. Or give you credit for the article, Mr. GoChiefs. Pure and simple.

FAX

Donger
I went and looked at the headlines so I knew what had happened the previous night. Then I put that information in the script. Like I said, it was a poor choice of words.

So, there were headlines involved?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 05:48 PM
So, there were headlines involved?

There were no headlines in the script.

Donger
12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
There were no headlines in the script.

Did you read the headlines on the air?

stumppy
12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
ROFLSqueal little piggy squeal.
ROFL

vailpass
12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Ah the Draven Attention Whore March, yet another reason Planet veterans have dropped like flies.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Yes he did but it was a poor choice of words. Heh.

This is far too much work for an answer you already know but will never be given.

Don't ever complain about Carl/Herm's evasiveness in a column, C.E.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I f*cking despise plagiarism. If he in fact did this, you should shoot the cocksucker in the kneecap with a sawed off 12 gauge.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 05:57 PM

No.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I f*cking despise plagiarism. If he in fact did this, you should shoot the cocksucker in the kneecap with a sawed off 12 gauge.
That's a little harsh. We're going to buy him a hooker instead.

Donger
No.

So, where were these headlines?

Hammock Parties
Yes he did but it was a poor choice of words. Heh.

No headlines were read on the air. It would make for horrible radio, anyway.

Donger
12-05-2007, 05:59 PM

You've never committed plagiarism?

Hammock Parties
So, where were these headlines?

On the DMN website. I'd peruse the headlines for the news, and then put the pertinent information into the script.

Phobia
No.

Have you ever welched on a bet?

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:00 PM
On the DMN website. I'd peruse the headlines for the news, and then put the pertinent information into the script.

So, you put the headlines in the script?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 06:00 PM

I refuse to answer any more questions without the presence of an attorney.

stumppy
12-05-2007, 06:02 PM

HEY now, that has nothing to do with a guys charac.. oh.

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I refuse to answer any more questions without the presence of an attorney.

I already killed him and ate his liver. Quite tasty, but a bit on the dry side.

Now, answer the f*cking question.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 06:04 PM
So, you put the headlines in the script?

Absolutely not.

For example, let's say a headline read "Rangers bombed in 7-2 loss to Orioles." I would read that, and start my recap as follows:

"Well Bruce, the Rangers lost another game last night, falling to the Orioles thanks to a horrid outing from pitcher Bitch McShelled, who gave up three home runs and lasted only four innings."

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Absolutely not.

For example, let's say a headline read "Rangers bombed in 7-2 loss to Orioles." I would read that, and start my recap as follows:

"Well Bruce, the Rangers lost another game last night, falling to the Orioles thanks to a horrid outing from pitcher Bitch McShelled, who gave up three home runs and lasted only four innings."

Fair enough.

ClevelandBronco
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Absolutely not.

Well, your word is good enough for me.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
We should be thanking Tim Grunhard. This is an entertaining thread, at least.

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
We should be thanking Tim Grunhard. This is an entertaining thread, at least.

You should ask him to be your "JO bud." I'm asking everyone I know, but no takers as of yet.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2007, 06:20 PM
You've never committed plagiarism?

Never intentionally. I'm sure there have been times when I've incorrectly cited something in either MLA or Chicago style on a paper, but honest mistakes are not the same as willingly trying to pass the work of others off as your own.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Never intentionally. I'm sure there have been times when I've incorrectly cited something in either MLA or Chicago style on a paper, but honest mistakes are not the same as willingly trying to pass the work of others off as your own.

Do the same rules apply to radio? I can say without a doubt that Grunhard was reading verbatim from the article at times. It wasn't coincidence.

And when he wasn't doing that, he was going through the points I made in the exact same order I made them. We talked about the same plays and the same players.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Do the same rules apply to radio? I can say without a doubt that Grunhard was reading verbatim from the article at times. It wasn't coincidence.

And when he wasn't doing that, he was going through the points I made in the exact same order I made them. We talked about the same plays and the same players.

Yes, they do.

Any two consecutive words that are not common phrases, that are not attributed can be considered plagiarism. that's an extreme case, but if he follows a consistent pattern, as you have claimed, of following the points as your article did, reading them in order, and stealing phrases verbatim, he has committed plagiarism/intellectual theft.

You have grounds for action against him.

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:31 PM

I once wrote an entire history paper using nothing but footnoted quotes. I thought it was amusing. My professor did not.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I once wrote an entire history paper using nothing but footnoted quotes. I thought it was amusing. My professor did not.

I'm sure you did a hell of a lot of research at least.

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:35 PM

Bullet Tooth Tony's immortal quote suddenly leaps to mind.

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm sure you did a hell of a lot of research at least.

I had a lot of free time. It was KU, after all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Bullet Tooth Tony's immortal quote suddenly leaps to mind.

Pull your socks up?
You're in trouble now?
You're obviously the big dick?
Desert Eagle, point 5-0?

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Pull your socks up?
You're in trouble now?
You're obviously the big dick?
Desert Eagle, point 5-0?

I don't think I've the editing capabilities required to sanitize the scene in mind in order to make it appropriate to post here, but yes, that's the general idea:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0208092/quotes

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Couple of ****ing intellectuals right here.

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:42 PM

Setting that bar a little low, aren't you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I guarantee Tim Grunhard could fit in a woodchipper.

Skip Towne
12-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Hootie called them "psuedo" intellectuals, misspelling and all.

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Good lord, there are some great quotes from that movie. Somehow, they're even better in print.

Phobia
12-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Misspelling and all.
That's not a sentence, Skip.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I guarantee Tim Grunhard could fit in a woodchipper.

You could fit at least three Nick Athans in the same woodchipper.

Donger
12-05-2007, 06:48 PM
"I f*ckin' 'ate pikeys!"

ROFL

underEJ
12-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Yes, they do.

Any two consecutive words that are not common phrases, that are not attributed can be considered plagiarism. that's an extreme case, but if he follows a consistent pattern, as you have claimed, of following the points as your article did, reading them in order, and stealing phrases verbatim, he has committed plagiarism/intellectual theft.

I write, and I know how it feels to be ripped off. I also know how hard it is to prove. Things you think are obvious, can be very easy for a lawyer to discount. For instance, if the "exact same order" you used is the chronological progression of the game, you can not own that.

If you are indeed contacting the station and making any kind of complaint, you had better end this conversation now. If you don't prove it in the end, you may have a libel problem on your hands, even if you know you are right.

Good luck.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2007, 06:58 PM
I write, and I know how it feels to be ripped off. I also know how hard it is to prove. Things you think are obvious, can be very easy for a lawyer to discount. For instance, if the "exact same order" you used is the chronological progression of the game, you can not own that.

If you are indeed contacting the station and making any kind of complaint, you had better end this conversation now. If you don't prove it in the end, you may have a libel problem on your hands, even if you know you are right.

Good luck.

Nope. GOATSE would need to have malicious intent for a libel suit to be successfully prosecuted against him since Grunhard is a public figure. No chance in hell he could get by with that.

Buck
12-05-2007, 07:03 PM

Hey goatse, do you have a link to anymore of the screen caps you took?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Hey goatse, do you have a link to anymore of the screen caps you took?

What do you want, dude? I can get some more caps.

Buck
12-05-2007, 07:11 PM
What do you want, dude? I can get some more caps.
Well i dont want you to go out of your way, I was just wondering if you already had a bunch.

The main ones I would want if you have time would be...

JA's TD

TG's leap above 2 players to catch it

Vincent Jacksons TD

Any LT TD

LT getting blasted at the end of that run

McCree blasting Bowe (maybe it was someone else) to stop him on 4th down

Cromartie Running w/ the ball after his 1st pick

Cromartie Picking the 2nd ball

But seriously, dont go out of your way if you dont have any of these already.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Well i dont want you to go out of your way, I was just wondering if you already had a bunch.

The main ones I would want if you have time would be...

JA's TD

TG's leap above 2 players to catch it

Vincent Jacksons TD

Any LT TD

LT getting blasted at the end of that run

McCree blasting Bowe (maybe it was someone else) to stop him on 4th down

Cromartie Running w/ the ball after his 1st pick

Cromartie Picking the 2nd ball

But seriously, dont go out of your way if you dont have any of these already.

You sound like you want gifs. No way.

Buck
12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
You sound like you want gifs. No way.
No, I want screen caps.

I assume that you got HD, so any of these pics would be cool for photoshop...that is if it is a close up image...

Valiant
12-05-2007, 08:39 PM

LOL, I just turned in a 15 pager that had 67footnotes.. He was very stern on us not plagiarizing.. Hope he enjoys it..