No transcript yet.

Injuries/Didn't practice

Turley - foot
Greg Wesley - knee
Thigpen - knee
Donnie - hamstring

Svitek and Herb Taylor started at tackle today in practice. ROFL

Brodie practiced.

Also Derrick Johnson's father died. He's in Texas.

Donger
12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Did he happen to mention locusts at all? Plagues? F*cking earthquakes?

Mr. Arrowhead
12-05-2007, 03:33 PM
dam thigpen is hurt already, boy our Oline is doing some damage this year.

Tribal Warfare
12-05-2007, 03:34 PM
It seems that Herm has admitted defeat by playing his young guys. Actions speak louder than words

Rasputin
12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
It seems that Herm has admitted defeat by playing his young guys. Actions speak louder than words

I disagree, I think he wants to play them anyway he can to get them in the game. I really think that CP has held back some of the youth movement and Herm would have been playing the young guys sooner in the season, jmo.

siberian khatru
12-05-2007, 03:39 PM
dam thigpen is hurt already, boy our Oline is doing some damage this year.

Herm's been through 9 QBs in 3 years.

kcxiv
12-05-2007, 03:45 PM
hmm.. They need to get someone in there to evalutate the Oline. It seems as if Herm cannot pick Olinement. He got his QB's killed in NY and now in KC. Whatever it is, it has to be fixed. He cannot just keep getting QB's killed with predictable plays and a horrible oline.

talastan
12-05-2007, 03:46 PM
This waiting to play the youth has Carl written all over it. I can already tell that Herm is ready for the draft and for next season. This whole team is ready for next season. Especially the skill positions on offense. I know that TG, Bowe, LJ, Smith, Brodie are all ready for an offensive line that will allow them to move the ball around. If we can get an OC who'll stand up for his guys to Herm, Carl, or whoever; and then draft some real O-line talent, possibly bring in some vet FA for the line as well. I see next season as an improvement. Not Super Bowl quality, but hopefully playoff win capable. As long as the Defense doesn't back down.

Demonpenz
12-05-2007, 03:48 PM
i wonder how close dj was to his pop. Sorry to hear that DJ

Stinger
12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
hmm.. They need to get someone in there to evalutate the Oline. It seems as if Herm cannot pick Olinement. He got his QB's killed in NY and now in KC. Whatever it is, it has to be fixed. He cannot just keep getting QB's killed with predictable plays and a horrible oline.

You know since Solari used to be the Freak'en Oline coach, of at the time one of the more dominate lines in the league, you might think he would have a thing or two to say. :banghead:

talastan
12-05-2007, 03:57 PM
You know since Solari used to be the Freak'en Oline coach, of at the time one of the more dominate lines in the league, you might think he would have a thing or two to say. :banghead:

My thoughts exactly!! Maybe its the "Oh Well, it's not my job.." attitude? :hmmm:

HemiEd
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM
i wonder how close dj was to his pop. Sorry to hear that DJ

That is some sad news.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-05-2007, 04:00 PM
and how is this herms fault, he just coaches the guys that carl gives him

Direckshun
12-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Because Herm's offensive gamplans are a joke.

If you create a predictable offense, it gives the defenses you face that much more of an advantage.

Our OL isn't the worst in the league, it's just overmatched and the gameplan simply does them in. It happened in New York and it's happening now.

Zouk
12-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Our OL isn't the worst in the league.

Strongly disagree.

Wiegmann, Welbourn, and Terry/Turley will all be out of football next year. Who else is starting 3 guys that won't be able to get a job next year?

talastan
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Our OL isn't the worst in the league, it's just overmatched and the gameplan simply does them in.

:spock: Wouldn't this statement prove that our O-line is not good. They get beat at the line of scrimmage and they can't execute the simple offensive plays that Herm likes to run.

Fish
12-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Because Herm's offensive gamplans are a joke.

If you create a predictable offense, it gives the defenses you face that much more of an advantage.

Our OL isn't the worst in the league, it's just overmatched and the gameplan simply does them in. It happened in New York and it's happening now.

I disagree. Who in the league has a worse OL?

Samson
12-05-2007, 04:38 PM
....crickets....

Fish
12-05-2007, 04:53 PM
statistically Atlanta has a worse run offense line; Det, Min, Pit, and SF have a worse pass offense line.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.php

I'll be damned....

Thanks for the stats.... I stand corrected.

Frankie
12-05-2007, 05:00 PM
That's actually one of the things I like about Herm.

mikey23545
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
statistically Atlanta has a worse run offense line; Det, Min, Pit, and SF have a worse pass offense line.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.php

So if only one team in the NFL has a worse run-blocking line, and only 4 have a worse pass-blocking line, I'd say we probably have the worst overall line, no contest.

Frankie
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
This waiting to play the youth has Carl written all over it. I can already tell that Herm is ready for the draft and for next season. This whole team is ready for next season. Especially the skill positions on offense. I know that TG, Bowe, LJ, Smith, Brodie are all ready for an offensive line that will allow them to move the ball around. If we can get an OC who'll stand up for his guys to Herm, Carl, or whoever; and then draft some real O-line talent, possibly bring in some vet FA for the line as well. I see next season as an improvement. Not Super Bowl quality, but hopefully playoff win capable. As long as the Defense doesn't back down.
The 'D' will be better. Count on it.

Skip Towne
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I find it funny that Herm wants to play close to the vest and wait for the other team to make a mistake. Herm is 100X more likely to be the one making the mistake. I'll bet the other teams love to play us.

FAX
12-05-2007, 05:11 PM
What an amazing batch of injuries. But Herm said that, "After the storm, there come a rainbow."

I'll assume this is good news.

FAX

jjjayb
12-05-2007, 05:24 PM
and how is this herms fault, he just coaches the guys that carl gives him

Was Carl in NY when Herm was with the Jets?

bowener
12-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Neat.

Chief Henry
12-05-2007, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=Direckshun]Because Herm's offensive gamplans are a joke.

QUOTE]

Remember that f'n play off game form last year ? How awful was that ?

Thats when Herm lost me.

TEX
12-05-2007, 07:11 PM
EDWARDS: “I know one thing: generally after the cloud leaves there’s a rainbow. So, there’ll be a rainbow. When that comes I don’t know, but there’s going to be a rainbow after the storm. It’s cloudy right now.”

It comes when you leave.

Rasputin
12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I hope Key Fox has a good game. He needs too, we need all the help we can get.

I am very worried about Will Svitec starting this weekend. He is just getting off of the injury and he did suck in preseason. Hopefully Brodie is well enough to avoid the sack but they will be comming quick. Brodie is going to have to have a good game if we are to have a chance to win in INFESTED Field.

FAX
12-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I think he said Svitek would start at LT and Taylor at RT, Mr. KC Tattoo.

Surely to God, Herm's not stupid enough to start Croyle behind that line. That is absolutely the last thing any sane person would do.

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Herm was just talking about practice, not this weekend's game.

We could see Mac at LT and Turley at RT.

FAX
12-05-2007, 07:48 PM

Ah ... thanks, Mr. GoChiefs.

My bad.

FAX

Calcountry
12-05-2007, 07:50 PM
and how is this herms fault, he just coaches the guys that carl gives himNothing is ever Herms fault.

Calcountry
12-05-2007, 08:09 PM
I find it funny that Herm wants to play close to the vest and wait for the other team to make a mistake. Herm is 100X more likely to be the one making the mistake. I'll bet the other teams love to play us.Immagine it, the opposing OC can just punt it to us knowing he will get it back, probably with better FP due to 2 or more sacks if not a turnover.

kcxiv
12-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I dont even care about the rest of the season. Well thats a lie, i care about 1 thing. I wanna see how Brodie grows. Other then that. I am not looking forward for anything else.

KcMizzou
12-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I dont even care about the rest of the season. Well thats a lie, i care about 1 thing. I wanna see how Brodie grows. Other then that. I am not looking forward for anything else.I don't mind seeing Kolby run some more... D-Bowe pass 1k yards for his rookie season.

And hell, Allen's always entertaining.

Hydrae
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
What an amazing batch of injuries. But Herm said that, "After the storm, there come a rainbow."

I'll assume this is good news.

FAX

He is hoping to catch a leperchaun.

Hydrae
12-05-2007, 08:54 PM

Didn't Mac also have a death in the family? Like a grandmother?

Whoever it was, the funeral is Saturday. Might be tough to be ready for a game on Sunday.

KcMizzou
12-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Didn't Mac also have a death in the family? Like a grandmother?

Whoever it was, the funeral is Saturday. Might be tough to be ready for a game on Sunday.Chris Terry... his mother.

(So I heard on 810, anyway.)

KCFalcon59
12-05-2007, 09:06 PM

Now that is a trend.

CoMoChief
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Well, Bell's could be at strongside.

So help us god please tell me he's doesnt have to cover a ****in TE?!?!?!?!?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Well, Bell's could be at strongside.

So help us god please tell me he's doesnt have to cover a ****in TE?!?!?!?!?

Bell has been inactive for weeks now. His days in KC are numbered.