PDA

View Full Version : Well, the Steelers just lost to the Pats.

Direckshun
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Steeler safety Anthony Smith is guaranteeing a win (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7530470?MSNHPHMA) over the Pats.
"People keep asking me if we're ready for the Patriots," Smith said. "They should be asking if they're ready for us."

Is Smith so confident that he is willing to copy one of former Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter's familiar motivational ploys by guaranteeing the Steelers will win?

"We're going to win," Smith said. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us, we've got a good chance to win."

Buck
12-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Pats 37 Steelers 17

Edit: But wait a tick....

I seem to remember one Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson guaranteeing a win over the previously undefeated 2003 Kansas City Chiefs...

Bearcat
12-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I saw a "Patriots" section on the bottom line earlier today, along with the CBB, MLB, etc. First Down was on, and they were talking baseball at the time, so it wasn't anything special. The section started with "Pursuit of Perfection" and then had a couple of random stats about other 12-0 teams, etc.

If you didn't like the media they were getting before today, don't turn your tv on again until February.

Nzoner
12-06-2007, 09:18 AM
My mrs called my attention to this last night and I was like Rodney Harrison in the article.....who the hell is that

noa
12-06-2007, 09:23 AM
The Pats have been keeping it close these past two weeks. They are starting to look like they could actually lose a game, and the Steeler's should give them a good fight.

Nzoner
12-06-2007, 09:30 AM
The Pats have been keeping it close these past two weeks. They are starting to look like they could actually lose a game, and the Steeler's should give them a good fight.

Agreed but still the kid guaranteeing victory has been in the league a whole year,if I'm his teammate I'm like."oh great thanks rook."

crazycoffey
12-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Wait, before I call the outcome I need to know who the Refs are going to be....

KCrockaholic
12-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I think if the Steelers dont beat the Pats this weekend, the Pats will go undefeated because other than this game its pretty easy, but it all depends on if bill keeps his starters in for the last game or 2. But Pittsburgh has the best chance of knocking them off.

Still i think its stupid to make a guarantee like that.

RP_McMurphy
12-06-2007, 10:07 AM
As a Jaguar fan I would love a knock down drag out fight between the Steelers and Patriots. That way Jacksonville gets a tired Steelers team the next week.

Easy 6
12-06-2007, 10:08 AM
To believe you can beat'em is one thing, but to come out with the gaurantee...wow, what a dumbass thing to do.

cadmonkey
12-06-2007, 10:46 AM
I don't think the Patriots are concerned about what a back up defensive back is saying in the papers.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Whose Anthony Smith anyway, if Polamalu or Harrison said it I might listen.

StcChief
12-06-2007, 11:04 AM
To believe you can beat'em is one thing, but to come out with the gaurantee...wow, what a dumbass thing to do.
lotta cocky dumb a$$es in the NFL. If the backup get's in the game.
somebody will lay him out.

HemiEd
12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I think if the Steelers dont beat the Pats this weekend, the Pats will go undefeated because other than this game its pretty easy, but it all depends on if bill keeps his starters in for the last game or 2. But Pittsburgh has the best chance of knocking them off.

Still i think its stupid to make a guarantee like that.

Welcome to the Planet! :thumb:

Amnorix
12-06-2007, 11:43 AM
As a Jaguar fan I would love a knock down drag out fight between the Steelers and Patriots. That way Jacksonville gets a tired Steelers team the next week.

Ravens, Jags, Steelers, and as of a few years ago at least, Titans, were always good for some serious physical play. I have no doubt that the Patriots/Steelers game will leave both sides fairly sore on Monday.