PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Finalists....

Deberg_1990
12-05-2007, 07:54 PM
McFadden
Tebow
Brennan

and.......

Daniel

Thoughts? Predictions?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-heismanfinalists&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sully
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Tebow wins
Followed by McFadden, then Daniel.

Demonpenz
12-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Daniels wins

Rooster
12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Tebow

cdcox
12-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Tebows will win.

KcMizzou
12-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Chase doesn't have a shot, but I'm glad he got the invitation.

He'd have had to have big numbers in a win over OU to have a chance.. and even then, I don't know.

DaKCMan AP
12-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Tebow deserves it.

KcMizzou
12-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Tebow deserves it.Eh, you're right.

I don't have to like it, though. :p

mikeyis4dcats.
12-05-2007, 09:31 PM
will be Tebow, McFadden, Daniels, Brennan.

should be Brennan, Daniels, Tebow, McFadden

KcMizzou
12-05-2007, 09:34 PM
will be Tebow, McFadden, Daniels, Brennan.

should be Brennan, Daniels, Tebow, McFaddenDaniel... no "s"

Thanks, though.

1ChiefsDan
12-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Daniel doesn't win and the MUrons implode with the conspiracy talk

KcMizzou
12-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Daniel doesn't win and the MUrons implode with the conspiracy talk:spock:

I'll go ahead and assume you're not serious.

BWillie
12-05-2007, 10:00 PM
If Tebow doesn't win there should be a conspiracy investigation.

1. Tebow
2. McFadden
3. Brennan
4. Daniel

That's how it'll look

Mr. Flopnuts
12-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Tebow deserves it.

Bullshit, homer. McFadden deserves it, but Tebow will win it.

BWillie
12-05-2007, 10:06 PM

And who else has 52 touchdowns? How could Tebow NOT deserve it?

HolmeZz
12-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Tebow'll win. Shouldn't have even invited Brennan.

CoMoChief
12-05-2007, 10:17 PM
If MU was in the National Champ and undefeated is the only way I would have seen him winning it outright.

too bad that didn't happen.

CoMoChief
12-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Who else would have been brought instead.

ROYC75
12-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Tebow wins
Followed by McFadden, then Daniel.

Ditto .......

splatbass
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM

Why do you hate Brennan so much? You always bag on him, but probably haven't even watched him play much. I don't think he will win, but he definately deserves to be invited, there is no doubt at all about that.

Did you see him come back from 21 points down last weekend?

Completions: 337
Attempts: 472
yards: 4174
Percentage: 71.4
TDs: 38
INTs: 14
Rating: 166.31

Those are some good stats.

HolmeZz
12-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I've seen Brennan play plenty. I watched him get picked off 5 times against Idaho. He belongs in New York about as much as Graham Harrell does(who has much better numbers).

BWillie
12-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Why do you hate Brennan so much? You always bag on him, but probably haven't even watched him play much. I don't think he will win, but he definately deserves to be invited, there is no doubt at all about that.

Did you see him come back from 21 points down last weekend?

Completions: 337
Attempts: 472
yards: 4174
Percentage: 71.4
TDs: 38
INTs: 14

Those are some good stats.

What's Timmy Chang doing nowadays?

splatbass
12-05-2007, 10:39 PM
What's Timmy Chang doing nowadays?

Completely different QB, not at all alike. I didn't think (and said so right here on this board at the time) that Chang would make a good NFL QB. I think Brennan will. Incidentally so does Jimmy Johnson who said so on TV the other day.

Time will tell, but I stand by my prediction.

HolmeZz
12-05-2007, 10:40 PM
What makes you think Brennan is a good quarterback?

splatbass
12-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I've seen Brennan play plenty. I watched him get picked off 5 times against Idaho. He belongs in New York about as much as Graham Harrell does(who has much better numbers).

So he threw 5 INTs. Peyton Manning threw 6 INTs against SD just a few weeks ago. I guess he isn't very good either.

HolmeZz
12-05-2007, 10:43 PM
So he threw 5 INTs. Peyton Manning threw 6 INTs against SD just a few weeks ago. I guess he isn't very good either.

Idaho.

He's not Heisman-worthy.

splatbass
12-05-2007, 10:45 PM
What makes you think Brennan is a good quarterback?

Good arm, smart, good field vision, quick release, reasonably mobile, good leader. He has everything Croyle has and isn't injury prone. I'm not suggesting the Chiefs draft him by that last comment, just a comparison.

Why don't you think he is? Why do you have such a hard on for him? Did June Jones screw your mother or something?

HolmeZz
12-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Good arm

Probably the most overrated part of his game. He does not have a strong arm. He just throws a fairly accurate deep ball. This was exactly the same thing people had trouble understanding with Omar Jacobs.

smart

Football smart? He runs a gimmick offense that a two year old could pick up. I think this is what most don't understand when they're trying to project him. It takes no skill to read a defense in Hawaii's offense. You just have to recognize the coverage on the outside at the line. Then the receivers just their routes accordingly. It's not a difficult offense to run(that's why you see Graunke step in and run it fine). It's absolutely nothing like any NFL offense.

good field vision

I wouldn't say he has terrible field vision, but you're overstating it quite a bit. As I said, it's easy to recognize where to go with the ball in that offense. The adjustments made to the receivers routes is done on purpose. It leads to plenty of wide open throws. And a lot of those routes are run shallow.

quick release

He throws sidearm and most of the time it's on the run and out of the pocket. You can't do either of those things consistently in the NFL. Especially since he's built like a twig.

reasonably mobile

He is mobile when he wants to tuck and run. I don't consider him elusive in the pocket at all though.

good leader.

Sure.

He has everything Croyle has and isn't injury prone.

He's not anything remotely like Croyle. I'm not sure they could even be any different, though Brennan will share Brodie's injury issues at the next level if he actually sees the field.

splatbass
12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Probably the most overrated part of his game. He does not have a strong arm. He just throws a fairly accurate deep ball. This was exactly the same thing that was wrong with Omar Jacobs.

Football smart? He runs a gimmick offense that a two year old could pick up. I think this is what most don't understand when they're trying to project him. It takes no skill to read a defense in Hawaii's offense. You just have to recognize the coverage on the outside at the line. Then the receivers just their routes accordingly. It's not a difficult offense to run(that's why you see Graunke step in and run it fine). It's absolutely nothing like any NFL offense.

I wouldn't say he has terrible field vision, but you're overstating it quite a bit. As I said, it's easy to recognize where to go with the ball in that offense. The adjustments made to the receivers routes is done on purpose. It leads to plenty of wide open throws. And a lot of those routes are run shallow.

He throws sidearm and most of the time it's on the run and out of the pocket. You can't do either of those things consistently in the NFL. Especially since he's built like a twig.

He is mobile when he wants to tuck and run. I don't consider him elusive in the pocket at all though.

Sure.

He's not anything remotely like

I'm not suggesting the Chiefs draft him by that last comment, just a comparison.

Why don't you think he is?

1. An accurate deep throw isn't a good arm? Are you kidding?

2. You don't know much about June Jones offense. It is difficult for a QB. The receivers typically have 3 different routes they can run on any given play and don't know which to run until they see the defense. There are typically 4 receivers on a play, so the QB has to keep track of all 4 and which of the 3 possible routes they are running. Not at all easy.

HolmeZz
12-05-2007, 11:11 PM
1. An accurate deep throw isn't a good arm? Are you kidding?

A good arm is going to be strong. Brodie Croyle has a strong arm. Colt Brennan does not.

2. You don't know much about June Jones offense. It is difficult for a QB.

No, it's about as easy a system as you can think of. I'm not even sure how you can believe it's difficult to run when Timmy Chang can run it successfully.

The receivers typically have 3 different routes they can run on any given play and don't know which to run until they see the defense. There are typically 4 receivers on a play, so the QB has to keep track of all 4 and which of the 3 possible routes they are running. Not at all easy.

Yes it is easy. They're not running completely different routes based on the coverage. They're running option routes. Do you know what those are? All it means is they break them off or break a certain way dependent on the coverage being played. It's an effective way of breaking down the kind of defenses they see and will usually lead to at least one receiver running open in the clear. It's why you can run that kind of offense with mediocre quarterbacks and receivers. You don't need great talent because the system creates the mismatches on it's own.

splatbass
12-05-2007, 11:34 PM
A good arm is going to be strong. Brodie Croyle has a strong arm. Colt Brennan does not.

No, it's about as easy a system as you can think of. I'm not even sure how you can believe it's difficult to run when Timmy Chang can run it successfully.

Yes it is easy. They're not running completely different routes based on the coverage. They're running option routes. Do you know what those are? All it means is they break them off or break a certain way dependent on the coverage being played. It's an effective way of breaking down the kind of defenses they see and will usually lead to at least one receiver running open in the clear. It's why you can run that kind of offense with mediocre quarterbacks and receivers. You don't need great talent because the system creates the mismatches on it's own.

We will have to agree to disagree. We'll see how he does in the NFL. Jimmy Johnson thinks he'll be a 1st round pick. I don't know how that is possible if he sucks as much as you say, I guess NFL front offices (and Jimmy Johnson) don't have the keen knowledge of football that you do.

Pitt Gorilla
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm just glad that Chance McDanielson was invited.

Frazod
12-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Daniel doesn't win and the MUrons implode with the conspiracy talk

Another quality post from MonkeyBoy. :whackit:

Tebow will win. It's just nice to see Daniel get some recognition.

Reesing was going to get an invite, but apparently his face is still stuck in the turf of Arrowhead's east endzone.

KcMizzou
12-06-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm just glad that Chance McDanielson was invited.LMAO

*sigh*

Exactly.

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Daniel?

Everyone knows God has it out for Mizzou. I mean....sheesh, they are like poor red-headed step-children of the Big 12. Everyone in the universe is against them. Isn't that right?

Surely Chase will be invited only to provide comic relief for the commentators? Right? :shrug:

Communist bastard, Heisman Trophy Committee bitches.... ;)

KcMizzou
12-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Daniel?

Everyone knows God has it out for Mizzou. I mean....sheesh, they are like poor red-headed step-children of the Big 12. Everyone in the universe is against them. Isn't that right?

Surely Chase will be invited only to provide comic relief for the commentators? Right? :shrug:

Communist bastard, Heismean Trophy Committee bitches.... ;)He's already been invited, ya Beaker bastard.

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2007, 12:21 AM
He's already been invited, ya Beaker bastard.

That's what I mean, sheesh God hates Mizzou....right? ;)

KcMizzou
12-06-2007, 12:23 AM
That's what I mean, sheesh God hates Mizzou....right? ;)Sure seems that way... but he did let us beat our biggest rival when it really, REALLY mattered.

I'll take it.

Who knows what's up for next season.

Mr. Kotter
12-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Sure seems that way... but he did let us beat our biggest rival when it really, REALLY mattered.

I'll take it.

Who knows what's up for next season.

Fair enough. Let's compare notes, say during the upcoming "Round" ball season....shall we?

As you know, we beaker fans can relate all too well.

:p

Ultra Peanut
12-06-2007, 12:29 AM
http://i10.tinypic.com/6oljy4g.jpg

RustShack
12-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Go Colt!

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Fair enough. Let's compare notes, say during the upcoming "Round" ball season....shall we?

As you know, we beaker fans can relate all too well.

:pGood Lord, that's all I hear from Beakers; "Yeah, well, wait 'till basketball. We're not a football school anyway."

smittysbar
12-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Chase had to win to be a contender. To bad.......but there is always next year! Just think Jayhawks, your second year of football............as far as the (new) FANS are concerned..................................

chagrin
12-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Tebow's a beast - he's a lock for this.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 06:57 AM

Uh, why? Cause McFadden had 1725yds as a RB where Tebow had 838yds rushing as a QB plus 3000+ yds and was 2nd in the nation in passer efficiency?

McFadden has rushed for seven fewer touchdowns than Tebow. And against their seven common opponents, Tebow accounted for 30 touchdowns, while McFadden totaled six.

8 of McFadden's 15 rushing TDs came against Troy, Chatanooga, North Texas and Florida International.

Tebow has both rushed and passed for at least 1 TD in EVERY GAME.

BTW, where was McFadden against Auburn? (17 carries, 43yds, 0TD)

Mecca
12-06-2007, 07:08 AM
June Junes sure thinks what he does is an NFL offense have you listened to him talk about it?

Not to mention he basically verbally raped Tim Tebow in the process.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 07:12 AM
June Junes sure thinks what he does is an NFL offense have you listened to him talk about it?

He's a classless POS. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hawaii at least try to back out of the game next year. If they don't then June can see how 'average' Tebow is first hand.

cadmonkey
12-06-2007, 07:14 AM

is that even possible? I thought 158.3 was the best you can be.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 07:21 AM

College ratings are different from the NFL ones......

I know Da is a Florida fan and all but I honestly thought what June Jones said was funny, I was cracking up. Most coaches won't do anything like that, just something about it amused me.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 07:24 AM

In the NFL.

The NCAA passing efficiency formula is:

* The component for completion percentage, C, is calculated as: {COMP/ATT} X 100

* The component for yards per attempt, Y, is calculated as: {YDS/ATT} X 8.4

* The component for touchdowns per attempt, T, is calculated as: {TD/ATT } X 330

* The component for interceptions per attempt, I, is calculated as: { INT/ATT } X -200

The four components are then added. Thus, the formula for passer rating can be given as: (C + Y + T + I)

The NCAA passer rating has an upper limit of 1,261.6 and a lower limit of -200. The upper limit value results if every pass thrown is a 99 yard touchdown and the lower limit if every pass thrown is intercepted.

This year's top 5:

1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma - 180.53
2. Tim Tebow, Florida - 177.85
3. Colt Brennan, Hawaii - 166.31
4. Dennis Dixon, Oregon - 161.19
5. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada - 161.06

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 07:25 AM
College ratings are different from the NFL ones......

I know Da is a Florida fan and all but I honestly thought what June Jones said was funny, I was cracking up. Most coaches won't do anything like that, just something about it amused me.

I'm all for a coach promoting his player, that's fine. To go and trash another student athlete in the process is, IMO, unacceptable and classless.

Hootie
12-06-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm all for a coach promoting his player, that's fine. To go and trash another student athlete in the process is, IMO, unacceptable and classless.
Yaaaaaaaawn. **** Florida and die in a fire.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Yaaaaaaaawn. **** Florida and die in a fire.

Coming from you, a compliment!

crazycoffey
12-06-2007, 07:41 AM

:clap:
eggs-actely....

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 07:46 AM
:clap:
eggs-actely....

Care to give actual reasons why?

Against their seven common opponents, Tebow accounted for 30 touchdowns, while McFadden totaled six.

8 of McFadden's 15 rushing TDs came against Troy, Chatanooga, North Texas and Florida International. He was scoreless in 25% of his games.

Hootie
12-06-2007, 08:00 AM

Against their seven common opponents, Tebow accounted for 30 touchdowns, while McFadden totaled six.

8 of McFadden's 15 rushing TDs came against Troy, Chatanooga, North Texas and Florida International. He was scoreless in 25% of his games.
how many losses does Florida have?! Hahahaha...**** Flordia, faggot.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:02 AM
how many losses does Florida have?! Hahahaha...**** Flordia, pillowbiter.

How many losses does Arkansas have? What's your point.

I find it extremely amusing to hear it from a loser who hasn't won anything in his entire life and doesn't have an alma mater of his own.

PS. Our NC rings are still shining.

Hootie
12-06-2007, 08:03 AM
How many losses does Arkansas have? What's your point.

I find it extremely amusing to hear it from a loser who hasn't won anything in his entire life and doesn't have an alma mater of his own.

PS. Our NC rings are still shining.
LSU LSU LUS

crazycoffey
12-06-2007, 08:03 AM

Well, because this is a highly opininated conversation and no "reasons" you or I give will account in the decision making process, I'll just say;

Because I don't like T-bone....

Reminds me of the freaky SNL guy.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:07 AM
LSU LSU LUS

Uh, moron, I want LSU to win the NC this year.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Well, because this is a highly opininated conversation and no "reasons" you or I give will account in the decision making process, I'll just say;

Because I don't like T-bone....

Reminds me of the freaky SNL guy.

Oh, ok, so you don't have any. Fair enough.

Hootie
12-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Uh, moron, I want LSU to win the NC this year.
BECAUSE FLORIDA COULDN'T CUT IT...TEBOW CAN'T WIN BIG GAMES...CHOKER CHOKER CHOKER CHOKER CHRIS LEAK >>>>>>> TIM TEBOW

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:10 AM
BECAUSE FLORIDA COULDN'T CUT IT...TEBOW CAN'T WIN BIG GAMES...CHOKER CHOKER CHOKER CHOKER CHRIS LEAK >>>>>>> TIM TEBOW

ROFL

chagrin
12-06-2007, 08:11 AM

What did he say?

Hootie
12-06-2007, 08:12 AM
CHRIS LEAK IS AN NFL CALIBER QB...TIM TEBOW WILL BE A FACTORY WORKER AFTER HE'S DONE IN COLLEGE...HE BLOWS...HE'S DUMB...HE SUCKS...HE'S GOING TO DIE EARLY.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:13 AM
CHRIS LEAK IS AN NFL CALIBER QB...TIM TEBOW WILL BE A FACTORY WORKER AFTER HE'S DONE IN COLLEGE...HE BLOWS...HE'S DUMB...HE SUCKS...HE'S GOING TO DIE EARLY.

ROFL

Reerun_KC
12-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Damn someone let the slow kids on the computers this morning...

Hootie
12-06-2007, 08:14 AM
TEBOW CANNOT EXECUTE HAWAII'S SIMPLE OFFENSIVE SYSTEM...HE CAN'T HOLD KEN DORSEY'S JOCK

Hootie
12-06-2007, 08:16 AM
TEBOW WILL BE AUCTIONING HIS HEISMAN OFF IN 10 YEARS TO PAY FOR HIS ADDICTION TO SMACK

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:18 AM
What did he say?

someone else's transcript:

June: Colt's not a "system QB" like Tim Tebow.

Rece: What do you mean system QB?

June: you guys talk about Colt being a system QB, well, Colt can run any system. I'm not sure Tim Tebow could run our system.

Rece: Why is that?

June: He... He's not a natural passer.

Rece: What do you look for in a guy that's a "natural passer"?

June: Accuracy. Accuracy with the football. And ... being able to make all the throws.

Rece: And... what in your mind is the detriment, because doesn't every QB have to run a system? What's the dtriment to being a "system QB"?

June: Well, uh... um.. the uh.. the detriment is that um... when- when average QBs play in a great system.... they get better, OK? But when the great ones play in a great system like ours... like a Jim Kelly or a Warren Moon... they're still great... and they get better.
And... I- I- I-... we- we-- you know, we beat Alabama with Jason Wheelden who- who was Timmy Chang's backup. And, you know... we- this system... is a great system... that we have, and when you have a QB like a Colt Brennan, he breaks how many NCAA records? I have no idea. Forty?

Rece: He has the all-time touchdown record, and I believe he has forty, yes.

He also called Tebow "an average QB in a great system".

Reerun_KC
12-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Dackman,

June Jones came back on a day later and appologized, for the comments...

I dont think I would worry about it to much.. Tebow and Brennen are both solid QB prospects... just scrambling/running QB's dont last long in the NFL...

Hootie
12-06-2007, 08:21 AM
wow, did you have to add all of the stuttering in there?! Jesus...you are a ****ing idiot faggot and I hope you die a slow, painful death.

cadmonkey
12-06-2007, 08:25 AM
In the NFL.

The NCAA passing efficiency formula is:

* The component for completion percentage, C, is calculated as: {COMP/ATT} X 100

* The component for yards per attempt, Y, is calculated as: {YDS/ATT} X 8.4

* The component for touchdowns per attempt, T, is calculated as: {TD/ATT } X 330

* The component for interceptions per attempt, I, is calculated as: { INT/ATT } X -200

The four components are then added. Thus, the formula for passer rating can be given as: (C + Y + T + I)

The NCAA passer rating has an upper limit of 1,261.6 and a lower limit of -200. The upper limit value results if every pass thrown is a 99 yard touchdown and the lower limit if every pass thrown is intercepted.

This year's top 5:

1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma - 180.53
2. Tim Tebow, Florida - 177.85
3. Colt Brennan, Hawaii - 166.31
4. Dennis Dixon, Oregon - 161.19
5. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada - 161.06

why can't 100.0 be the best. Just make my life easier please.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Dackman,

I dont think I would worry about it to much.. Tebow and Brennen are both solid QB prospects... just scrambling/running QB's dont last long in the NFL...

Not much of an apology. He continues to demean Tebow. This is from his press conference the next day:

About Tim Tebow comment on ESPN Sunday:
"I did some national shows today. I may get some more (heat) from that. My intent on what I said was not to demean Tim Tebow in anyway. I said this on ESPN Today The media picks the Heisman Trophy winner. No longer will it go to a guy like it did years ago on a 3-8 team. It just doesn't happen. My point was that my quarterback has been labeled a `system quarterback' for three years. He is the best passer in college history. He is. There is no question about it. Tim Tebow is in a system. The last quarterback who was in that system, if you had asked me about Alex Smith, he was a system quarterback I thought when we were watching him. Talented. But I didn't see him in an NFL passing (system). Colt Brennan plays in an NFL passing game. You can dial it up and see that it is not a system. Tim Tebow's system is a college system. He is a great quarterback who'll probably win a national championship. He's competitive; he's all those things. But a lot of his stuff comes off little dives, fades, things he is not going to do in the National Football League. That's my point. I think Jake Locker (from Washington) is a great athlete. I'd love to be a part of coaching a kid like that. But I said what I said and I mean it. I said this too on national radio today and probably take some heat from it. (his phone rings) Look, here is an 847 area code right now. On ESPN GameDay, they are promoting Tim Tebow to win the Heisman, which he'll probably win. My quarterback is the best player, trust me. But they (ESPN GameDay) said, and we watch at the hotel and listening to it for last six weeks, they said as they were going off the air 'Tim Tebow has accounted for 53 touchdowns in one season, the most in college football history.' I said you guys just told a lie. Last year, my quarterback threw for 58 touchdowns and ran for another (five). I got my point across. You guys ripped me a knew one yesterday, and I'm going to say it again and stand by what I said, my quarterback is the best college football player in America. I did not add Tebow's team has three loses or is not in a BCS game. I wish I had that info, why didn't you call me? The bottom line is I irritated them because they knew I was right. But I did get a whole bunch of emails and calls from Florida State people that said 'Thanks for finally saying that.'"

Reerun_KC
12-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Well Dackman you have to give him props for standing up and pimping his guy...

He makes some valid points, in his rebuttle...

Dont hate the guy for being true to his players....

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:30 AM

I'm not at all hating on him for sticking up for his guy. He should. However, he doesn't have to knock down someone else in the process.

chagrin
12-06-2007, 08:32 AM

LOL! Can you please make this any more ghetto? :p

Mecca
12-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I do think some of what he says is right......

Mecca
12-06-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not at all hating on him for sticking up for his guy. He should. However, he doesn't have to knock down someone else in the process.

Well it's his way of going.....all you guys do is talk about Tim Tebow.

chagrin
12-06-2007, 08:34 AM
wow, did you have to add all of the stuttering in there?! Jesus...you are a ****ing idiot pillowbiter and I hope you die a slow, painful death.

wow

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Well it's his way of going.....all you guys do is talk about Tim Tebow.

Why shouldn't they? Tebow has posted much more impressive numbers against MUCH MUCH MUCH tougher competition. He has a higher passer efficiency rating, more total TDs and less intereceptions.

Brennan:

337-472, 4174yds (8.8yds per att), 38TDs, 14ints, 20 sacks, 166.31 rating, 65yds rushing, 8TDs all against the 119th sos

Tebow:

217-317, 3132yds (9.9yds per att), 29TDs, 6ints, 12 sacks, 177.85 rating, 838yds rushing, 22TDs against top-10 sos

Tebow has more passing TDs than when Leinart won it and more rushing TDs than when Bush won it.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 08:43 AM
I do think this award has become stupid in a way....

If they wanna give it to the guy with the best stats what about Kevin Smith on UCF?

Reerun_KC
12-06-2007, 08:43 AM
LOL! Can you please make this any more ghetto? :p
sorry that is the best this white "boy" can do...

LMAO

Skip Towne
12-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Why shouldn't they? Tebow has posted much more impressive numbers against MUCH MUCH MUCH tougher competition. He has a higher passer efficiency rating, more total TDs and less intereceptions.

Brennan:

337-472, 4174yds (8.8yds per att), 38TDs, 14ints, 20 sacks, 166.31 rating, 65yds rushing, 8TDs all against the 119th sos

Tebow:

217-317, 3132yds (9.9yds per att), 29TDs, 6ints, 12 sacks, 177.85 rating, 838yds rushing, 22TDs against top-10 sos
Are you still bleating about Florida? Don't they have message boards down there?

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:45 AM
I do think this award has become stupid in a way....

If they wanna give it to the guy with the best stats what about Kevin Smith on UCF?

Kevin Smith is ridiculously good, but he was completely shut down by USF.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Yes but in terms of "stats" he has the 2nd best RB season in history...

In the past he would have won, now they don't do it that way anymore.

Reerun_KC
12-06-2007, 08:46 AM

Brennan:

Tebow:

Tebow has more passing TDs than when Leinart won it and more rushing TDs than when Bush won it.

Thats, cool, well hopefully your boy will win the Heisman.. It is pretty worthless when it comes to the NFL anyways... Most Heisman winners have Zero impact in the NFL...

Actually it seems to be more of a media frenzy joke than anything else...

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Are you still bleating about Florida? Don't they have message boards down there?

You're right, talking about Tebow in a Heisman thread is way off topic. Shouldn't you be out installing a satellite dish somewhere?

Pushead2
12-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Tebow gets it / deserves it hands down. I am Michigan fan and My brother is a Florida fan so every sat we watch both teams. DaKcman AP you going to the game?? We'll be down there.

Reerun_KC
You're right, talking about Tebow in a Heisman thread is way off topic. Shouldn't you be out installing a satellite dish somewhere?
ROFL,

Yeah Skip, my dish needs adjusted.... I will have the ladder out for you.

DaKCMan AP
Thats, cool, well hopefully your boy will win the Heisman.. It is pretty worthless when it comes to the NFL anyways... Most Heisman winners have Zero impact in the NFL...

Actually it seems to be more of a media frenzy joke than anything else...

It's about 50/50

In the last 12 years:

Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart
Carson Palmer
Ricky Williams
Charles Woodson
Eddie George

You could also argue that Ron Dayne has had more than 'zero impact'.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Tebow gets it / deserves it hands down. I am Michigan fan and My brother is a Florida fan so every sat we watch both teams. DaKcman AP you going to the game?? We'll be down there.

Haven't decided yet. Need to see what my friends are planning to do. I'd like to see the Outback/Cotton/Rose bowls as well so I may just throw a party at my place and watch in HD.

Pushead2
12-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Haven't decided yet. Need to see what my friends are planning to do. I'd like to see the Outback/Cotton/Rose bowls as well so I may just throw a party at my place and watch in HD.

Yeah we figured since UM blowed and Florida came up short it would be our only chance for a bit / I want to see Carr's last game

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah we figured since UM blowed and Florida came up short it would be our only chance for a bit / I want to see Carr's last game

Yeah, no disrespect, but I'd probably be more eager to go if we were playing another top-15 team or someone outside of the Big 10. This will make 5 out of the last 6 against the Big 10.

Pushead2
12-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah, no disrespect, but I'd probably be more eager to go if we were playing another top-15 team.

NONE taken :)

crazycoffey
12-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Oh, ok, so you don't have any. Fair enough.

No, I didn't say that, I said it doesn't matter what I say. Besides, the fight for T-Bone and all the others have been made on here. My guess is T-Bone will get it, but Mcfadden deserves. Just my opinion dude.....

Pushead2
12-06-2007, 08:59 AM
No, I didn't say that, I said it doesn't matter what I say. Besides, the fight for T-Bone and all the others have been made on here. My guess is T-Bone will get it, but Mcfadden deserves. Just my opinion dude.....

your avatar blows. :shake:

crazycoffey
12-06-2007, 09:06 AM
your avatar blows. :shake:

Thank you, you look smashing in your bathrobe....

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Dackman,

Neither of them are all that great as NFL prospects.

Pushead2
12-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Thank you, you look smashing in your bathrobe....

I don't wear those... :shake:

crazycoffey
12-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't wear those... :shake:

Then you need to lose some F'in weight!

:)

Mile High Mania
12-06-2007, 02:20 PM
McFadden is the best player in college football right now... better year than in 2006 (and in fewer games). DMAC plays alongside another RB with 1,000+ yards and lots of TDs.

McFadden should get it... there are many more reasons. All that being said, Tebow likely gets it, but McFadden should be the winner.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
The Cotton Bowl have have two of these guys, should be an interesting game.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
McFadden is the best player in college football right now... better year than in 2006 (and in fewer games). DMAC plays alongside another RB with 1,000+ yards and lots of TDs.

McFadden should get it... there are many more reasons. All that being said, Tebow likely gets it, but McFadden should be the winner.

McFadden has rushed for seven fewer touchdowns than Tebow. And against their seven common opponents, Tebow accounted for 30 touchdowns, while McFadden totaled six.

It's not that Tebow got all the TD runs while McFadden shared them, either. Arkansas had 32 total rushing TDs, 15 of them McFadden. Florida had 37 total rushing TDs, 22 of them Tebow.

McFadden completely disappeared against Auburn (17 carries, 43yds, 0TDs). In fact, McFadden ran for less than 3.3ypc in 25% of games this season. You can't find a game all year in which Tebow disappeared. In fact, he's passed for at least 1 TD and run for at least 1TD in every game.

There have been many RBs who have rushed for more yards than McFadden (both this year and in history) and scored more than McFadden (both this year and in history). No one has EVER rushed for 20+ TDs and passed for 20+ TDs in the same season before Tebow. There has also never been a Heisman winning QB to have a QB efficiency rating as high as Tebow's.

Tebow as a QB rushed for almost half the amount of yards as McFadden, ran for more TDs, passed for 3000+ yds, passed for 29TDs and had the 2nd highest QB efficiency rating in the country.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Scooter VonDanielsly will probably come in third.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Tebow has nice numbers no doubt...

-----------
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/12/05/1205bohls.html

High on the hog

McFadden scariest player in college football

By Kirk Bohls (kbohls@statesman.com)
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Wednesday, December 05, 2007

In a college football season that may have been more wide-open than the current presidential race, it's only fitting that the Heisman Trophy race be just as inclusive and equally unpredictable.

In what other sport could Missouri go from the nation's top-ranked team on Saturday to being left out of the five biggest postseason games on Sunday? Missouri got shafted by the BCS bowls, even though the Tigers were the only team to have played four games against the eventual BCS teams. They won two of them.

I'd like to report that I made it up to Gary Pinkel by giving my Heisman vote to his outstanding quarterback, but Chase Daniel, too, fell to the wayside last weekend, invalidated faster than a Kirk Herbstreit scoop. But Daniel's résumé is every bit the equal of a half-dozen or so of his competitors, and he deserves a trip to New York City as a Heisman finalist.

Simply put, no one player separated himself all year along. In fact, a strong case can be made for as many as nine candidates to be recognized as the game's best player.

That said, I voted for Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.

I'm high on the hog.

Of course, who isn't? The junior running back tore up SEC defenses, rushing for 1,725 yards and 15 touchdowns for an 8-4 Arkansas team without a polished quarterback or a 21st-century offense. He is the single scariest player in the country and the one that no defensive coordinator wants to defend.

The rest of my ballot went to Florida's Tim Tebow and then Daniel. My final vote in the Rocky Mountain News weekly tracking poll, which goes five deep, also listed Hawaii's Colt Brennan and Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree. All are qualified.

In my deliberations for the award, I usually side with the best player who's having the best year, not simply the most gifted player. In either case, McFadden would get my vote. He's both.

He averaged 144 yards a game. He rushed for fewer than 100 yards three times, but two of those games were Razorback romps in which they outscored Florida International and Mississippi State by a combined score of 103-41.

I know, I know. Tebow ran for more touchdowns (22) than McFadden (15), but 12 of those for the Gator guy were from three yards or less. Couldn't a tailback or fullback have made those scores just as easily? I imagine defenses keyed on McFadden a heck of a lot more than they did his quarterback, Casey Dick, who ranked 53rd nationally in passing. And Tebow does have a few more weapons than were available to recently departed Arkansas coach Houston Nutt.

Sure, Tebow threw for 29 touchdowns, but McFadden threw for four in only 11 attempts. McFadden's passing numbers actually stack up well when compared with Maryland quarterback Chris Turner, who threw only five touchdowns; Sean Glennon of ACC champion Virginia Tech, who threw for 11; and Florida State's Drew Weatherford, who threw for eight. McFadden might have been Arkansas' best quarterback.
McFadden clearly had to carry the load for the Razorbacks. In their four losses, he still averaged 132 yards rushing, and caught nine passes in those games as well.

In Florida's three losses, Tebow averaged just 42 yards rushing, including a minus-15-yard performance against Auburn, and averaged just 198 yards passing. Auburn stuffed both Tebow and McFadden.
Oh, and did I mention McFadden ran for 206 yards in that upset of LSU and 117 against Tennessee? Those were arguably the SEC's two best teams.

Hey, Tebow's one great quarterback and the probable Heisman winner, and taking McFadden over him is splitting hairs and like trying to decide if "Young Frankenstein" or the original "Heartbreak Kid" is the funnier movie. Both Heisman candidates are deserving. In fact, if the trophy simply went to the most valuable player, Dennis Dixon would win it in a landslide because his Oregon Ducks lost their last three games without him. You can argue that he should still win it.

The bet here, however, is that Tebow will win because of his position and Florida's marquee name. His status as a sophomore should have no bearing on his candidacy and certainly shouldn't be held against him. But McFadden could end up with a decent consolation prize.

Unless the Dolphins figure they have a zillion other needs, McFadden could easily be the top selection in next spring's NFL draft. If McFadden drops to second, he'll probably end up with the New England Patriots, who own the pick via a trade and who obviously need some help, considering how they've struggled this season.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Tebow will win, followed by McFadden the Brennan, then Daniels.

alpha_omega
12-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Tebow

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 03:25 PM
In Florida's three losses, Tebow averaged just 42 yards rushing, including a minus-15-yard performance against Auburn, and averaged just 198 yards passing. Auburn stuffed both Tebow and McFadden.
Oh, and did I mention McFadden ran for 206 yards in that upset of LSU and 117 against Tennessee? Those were arguably the SEC's two best teams.

If you want to compare their common games against the SEC's best:

Against Auburn:
McFadden - 17 carries, 43yds, 1 rec, 5yds
Tebow - 20/27, 201yds, 1TD, 1int, 19 carries, 75yds, 1TD

Against LSU:
McFadden - 32 carries, 206yds, 3TDs, 3/6 w/ 1TD passing
Tebow - 12/26, 158yds, 2TDs, 1int, 16 carries, 67yds, 1TD

Against Tennessee:
McFadden - 22 carries, 117yds, 3 rec, 17yds
Tebow - 14/19, 299yds, 2TDs, 1int, 18 carries, 62yds, 2TD

Mile High Mania
12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
McFadden rules.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Yes, McFadden does rule. Tebow, however, has had the more impressive and more consistent season.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I do find irony in the comments from many last year that said McFadden shouldn't win it and couldn't win it as a sophomore. Now, they're saying there's no reason that being a sophomore should be held against Tebow.

Both guys were on teams that needed them to win. No Tebow and the Gators likely don't do much, same for McFadden.

Tebow benefits by being the QB and touching the ball every play... McFadden was an elite RB that touched the ball alot, but he wasn't the only big time RB on that offense.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
I do find irony in the comments from many last year that said McFadden shouldn't win it and couldn't win it as a sophomore. Now, they're saying there's no reason that being a sophomore should be held against Tebow.

Both guys were on teams that needed them to win. No Tebow and the Gators likely don't do much, same for McFadden.

Tebow benefits by being the QB and touching the ball every play... McFadden was an elite RB that touched the ball alot, but he wasn't the only big time RB on that offense.

Yep, it's a stupid disqualifying factor that needs to be put to rest. Rex Grossman didn't win it for being a sophomore, as well.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2007, 04:15 PM

How does Missouri do without Daniel? I like Patton quite a bit, but I don't think he runs the offense like Daniel.

Spott
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
If I was a QB, I wouldn't want to win it. The only Heisman trophy winning QB that has been remotely successful in the last 20 years is Carson Palmer. The rest of the list is filled with names like Jason White, Troy Smith, Chris Wienke, Danny Weurffel, Eric Crouch, Gino Torretta, Andre Ware, etc.

1 Tebow
2 McFadden
3 Daniel
4 Brennan

I'd put Brennan 3rd but he missed a few games because of injury.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
How does Missouri do without Daniel? I like Patton quite a bit, but I don't think he runs the offense like Daniel.

True. But, with Tebow's stats ... there's really no way for another QB to win it in my opinion. So, it comes down to what most believe to be the best two at their position... McFadden vs Tebow.

Brennan has great stats, but whether they like it or not... much like the QBs at Texas Tech, that's a pure system result. Yes, they're solid QBs and you have to be good to be successful, but... Brennan just has the odds against him. And, it sucks that they can't get the big schools to play them, so their schedule holds 'em back.

RNR
12-06-2007, 05:36 PM
McFadden is my pick, but Tebow seems to be the favorite from what I heard.

JBucc
12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
McFadden was just presented with the Walter Camp Award.

Bob Dole
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM
5 posts without a DaKCMan counterpoint?

This thread has lost its burst.

1ChiefsDan
12-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Another quality post from MonkeyBoy. :whackit:

Tebow will win. It's just nice to see Daniel get some recognition.

Reesing was going to get an invite, but apparently his face is still stuck in the turf of Arrowhead's east endzone.hehe - from most of your posts it is obvious you are pretty good at :whackit:

Mile High Mania
12-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Since 2000 ... 4 of the 7 Walter Camp winners also won the Heisman. McFadden won it this season...

Not to mention, only the 2nd player to win the Doak Walker award twice...

We'll see what happens, but I like his chances.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I'd like to see McFadden win it, obviously... but, it's not like it's necessary for greatness at the next level. Look at the winners since 1990...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/awards?awardId=9

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 09:30 PM
http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/

Last updated: 12/6/2007, 12:05 a.m. Pacific. 209 ballots, 578 votes.

name first second third ballots points Projected Projected %
T Tebow 123 51 18 192 489 2010 72.5%
D McFadden 55 87 25 167 364 1492 53.8%
C Brennan 5 21 48 74 105 487 17.6%
C Daniel 10 13 48 71 104 372 13.4%

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2007, 07:21 AM
stiffarmtrophy.com's projected winner is
Tim Tebow

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/2007/1...rojection.html

player-----------1st-----2nd---3rd----ballots---points
T Tebow--------140------59----22-----221------560
D McFadden-----65-------98----28-----191------419
C Brennan--------6-------24----59------89-------125
C Daniel---------10-------16----50------76-------112

We're projecting Tim Tebow with 2045 points, or 73.8%; Darren McFadden with 1510 points, or 54.5%; Colt Brennan with 514 points, or 18.5%, and Chase Daniel with 364 points, or 13.1%.

We'll continue to update our projection until Saturday morning, in order to get the vote percentages just right. If the current numbers hold up, that'll make him a Top Eight winner of the Trophy, right behind Tony Dorsett's 75%.

The latest data is as of
Last updated: 12/7/2007, 3:18 a.m. Pacific. 239 ballots, 658 votes.
and based upon 26% of the ballot results being reported

They've correctly predicted the winner the last 5 years within a few percentage points accuracy of the actual outcome through their voter sampling methodology.

Hootie
12-07-2007, 07:23 AM
THREE LOSSES

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2007, 07:26 AM
THREE LOSSES

Hootie, you've had wayyyyyyyyy more than three losses. Give it a rest.

Hootie
12-07-2007, 07:29 AM
No, I think Tebow is great...he was so good he lead that juggernaut Flordia team to a 3 loss season...maybe they should hire Zook and find a way to get Leak back??? Last time I checked, Zook's team was in the Rose Bowl...I could be wrong though...what do you think? Juice Williams >>> Tebow?