PDA

View Full Version : Donks might run for 200 yards Sunday

KCJohnny
12-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Q: What about Donnie Edwards? If he’s injured who’s in his spot?

EDWARDS: “Hamstring [injury]. Keyaron Fox is over there and Thomas is at the backup “Mike.” Right now if Donnie wasn’t playing it would be Fox. He’d be the “Will.” Kendrell Bell would be the “Sam” and Harris the “Mike.” [Derrick Johnson is excused on the death of his father.]

Q: So you don’t know about Derrick yet if he’s going to be available?

EDWARDS: “No, I don’t know what his status is going to be at this point in time.”

Q: Is there a possibility that he might not play?

EDWARDS: “Could be.”

Its not like I was counting on a win, but I was hoping not to be humiliated at Pile High.
:grr:

Lonewolf Ed
12-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Well, if KC gets blown out, don't focus on this one loss. This whole season has been one giant humilation pie. The Denver game is likely to be just one more unsavory slice.

KCJohnny
12-06-2007, 10:29 AM
When Thomas and McGraw were in last week they looked totally lost as LT zoomed by them. Looked like the 2002 Chiefs in some ways. I think the lack of O production has physically worn this D out and emotionally demoralized them. Heck, the D sent a player to O last week for the lone TD...

:shake:

Easy 6
12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I think the lack of O production has physically worn this D out and emotionally demoralized them.

Absolutely.

vailpass
12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Well, if KC gets blown out, don't focus on this one loss. This whole season has been one giant humilation pie. The Denver game is likely to be just one more unsavory slice.

Do not underestimate the power of the 2007 Broncos to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Warrior5
12-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Do not underestimate the power of the 2007 Broncos to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Let the power of Donks compel you.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-06-2007, 10:59 AM
We sure could use some Eric Hicks right now. No, not for the bootleg. Nobody can handle loosing season like Eric Hicks :dv:

Hammock Parties
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Hicks> 2007 Hali

You're a ****ing moron.

StcChief
12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
just no pile high embarassment.... if we get lucky and pull one out so be it.

chiefsfan987
12-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Oh well, the Broncos have run at will on us before, and they'll do it again. No biggie.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2007, 11:27 AM
thats funny coming from you who wants to draft 1st round DT and limas sweed. ROFL

If McBride and Tank don't pan out we're going to be hurting big time at defensive tackle. You simply can't pass up Dorsey if he's sitting there. It would be really stupid.

FringeNC
12-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm more worried about whether the Chiefs can generate 200 TOTAL yards of offense.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2007, 11:42 AM
There is always something called free agency Mr. Goatse..

Tough to find good DTs in free agency.

If the top offensive linemen are off the board when we pick at 8 or 9...and Dorsey is sitting there, you take him.

Rooster
12-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Hicks> 2007 Hali

That is really dumb

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 12:10 PM
If McBride and Tank don't pan out we're going to be hurting big time at defensive tackle. You simply can't pass up Dorsey if he's sitting there. It would be really stupid.

I agree he is too good at that postition, and it's not like we don't need him either. I want to see OLine first but if Dorsey is their we would be silly not to take him.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 12:11 PM
2005 Erick Hicks: 14Games, 43TKL, 4sack, 2Pdef
2006 Hali starts and has a great yr.
2007 Hali: 12 games, 34TKL, 5sack, 2pdef, 2FF, 29th in the league against the run at his position.
Albert Haynesworth
Tank Johnson
Boone.

Tank is not that good anymore, hasn't done much for Dallas as of yet, Boone is deceant. Haynesworth is good, he is injured right now I believe. Ayway Haynesworth is gonna want top money next year, I'll pass and take Glenn Dorsey, for the sake of cheaper and younger.

Ugly Duck
12-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Doods.... the Donks have imploded. They are playing like absolute crap right now. They couldn't even run on the Raiders last week & we have the worst run D in the league. Your run D is way better than Oakland's - you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see what a mess Denver has become....

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Dorsey will be better than Haynesworth, if he can stay healthy. Haynesworth=too much money, he is good and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a chiefs uni, but not for the price he is going to want.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
here is the difference. will be vs Is

history has shown "will be" is generally not in their rookie season. Tony gonzales, and the fan base dont have the time to wait for another rookie DT to develop while we could have taken an Olineman or gotten more picks to help us THIS yr.

And, unless we carry 5 DT (dorsey, Edwards, Turk, Tank, Boone), than 1 of those would have to be cut (not likely Turk or Tank). Odd man out would likely be Edwards. Thus if Turk and Tank dont step up, than our DT could be even worse for the short term.

do you really want to go through another season like 2007 knowing the problem (oline) and not addressing it?

There won't be any waiting on Dorsey he is an immediate starter if healthy.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't know if you have watched Dorsey but I have watched him a few times. The guy is an absolute man, with a great motor, doesn't take plays off, his strength I gurantee you is at or maybe even above than Tank (our tank). I have seen Dorsey just beast through double teams. I want an OL but if Dorsey is their I would snatch him, I wouldn't mind trading down if we could get a good package. My goal in the draft is OLine then BPA, I just think Dorsey is gonna be a star.

FAX
12-06-2007, 01:20 PM
...I think the lack of O production has physically worn this D out and emotionally demoralized them. ...:shake:

I'll don't think they're worn out. If they are, it's due to poor practice and conditioning habits. I will buy the demoralized argument though, Mr. KCJohnny. I imagine the offensive players asses are covered with wet towel welts.

FAX

alanm
12-06-2007, 01:33 PM
There is always something called free agency Mr. Goatse. That is, afterall, where we got our starting DTs. Heck 1 of the colts starting tackles is a rookie FA and they have a better rush D than us!

Drafting DT (or not trading down) when we have a horrible Oline, and everyone in the league has known it for 2yrs wouldnt just be stupid....it would be CE Wendler stupid.

for everything else there is mastercard.
One thing I can be reasonably certain of is the Chiefs won't be spending a shit load of cash on FA on the DL this off season. You seem to be forgetting that we need to resign Jared Allen. And if Freeney is the bench mark now, Allen will be all we will be able to afford.

Lonewolf Ed
12-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Doods.... the Donks have imploded. They are playing like absolute crap right now. They couldn't even run on the Raiders last week & we have the worst run D in the league. Your run D is way better than Oakland's - you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see what a mess Denver has become....

Oh, one would like to think that, wouldn't one? But, it usually turns out, a team on the ropes finds KC to be just the tonic they needed.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Dorsey is going to be the 1st or 2nd player taken...if you want a DT in the draft think Sedrick Ellis...

Also so I guess this means I should start Travis Henry on my fantasy team?

a1na2
12-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Donks might run for 200 yards Sunday.

Why so few yards? Our defense is decimated and we have no offense.

Sunday is not going to be a pretty game.

Has the Hermit announced that the game is one that we cannot win yet?

listopencil
12-06-2007, 08:50 PM
200 yards and 7 fumbles, 3 of which will be returned for TD's.

Ugly Duck
12-06-2007, 11:16 PM
If there is any competition, it will be for who is the shittier team.

Any other year & I would welcome that sentiment. But this time around... you guys will pick before us if you don't get another game or so under your belt.

go chiefs

chiefbowe82
12-06-2007, 11:20 PM
key fox will step in and do a job, i've got no dought about that, he can develop into one of the leagues finest backers

Mecca
12-06-2007, 11:22 PM
key fox will step in and do a job, i've got no dought about that, he can develop into one of the leagues finest backers

ROFL

He's been on this team for 4 years and done exactly jack and shit......other than get injured. I think he has more injuries than tackles over his career.

Reerun_KC
12-06-2007, 11:48 PM
More power to them...

Maybe the Hermit will be forced to try and score some points...

ROFL

KCJohnny
12-07-2007, 02:42 PM
This defense looks like a whole different team without Edwards. Makes ya wonder if we had kept Donnie if we might, just might have forced 1 punt in the 2003 divisional playoff game vs Indy...

:banghead:

OctoberFart
12-07-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't know if the Donks will run for 200 but KC should.

KCJohnny
12-07-2007, 08:17 PM
I don't know if the Donks will run for 200 but KC should.

Well, we ran for 150 in KC vs Oakland and produced 10 whopping points.
It won't help. We will be missing our 2 best LBs so aside from Jared Allen getting some sacks, our D will probably not be able to stop the run.

Denver 24, KC 3

Denver 40 rushes for 215 yards

Hammock Parties
12-07-2007, 08:23 PM
We will be missing our 2 best LBs s

You don't know that for sure, KCJ.

KCJohnny
12-07-2007, 08:26 PM
You don't know that for sure, KCJ.

True, but if Donnie is on the field, Denver will be running downhill all day. And did you read Brodie's "cold weather" comments today? Troubling.

Easy 6
12-07-2007, 08:28 PM

He's always looked athletic in there...but IMO he shoulda went out for basketball...i just dont think he's a football player.

Anytime a backup playing limited snaps gets hurt as often as he does, it tells me he's either not tough enough or just plain too fragile for the game.

Like Herm always says, its about "availability".

Hammock Parties
12-07-2007, 08:37 PM
True, but if Donnie is on the field, Denver will be running downhill all day.

Now Donnie Edwards is a weakness? WTF?

Easy 6
12-07-2007, 08:44 PM
True, but if Donnie is on the field, Denver will be running downhill all day.

Not trying to pile on here John, but i gotta TOTALLY disagree as well.

IMO, Donnie may be our most physical LB...he has had some BIG time sticks this year.

1ChiefsDan
12-07-2007, 09:12 PM
When Thomas and McGraw were in last week they looked totally lost as LT zoomed by them. Looked like the 2002 Chiefs in some ways. I think the lack of O production has physically worn this D out and emotionally demoralized them. Heck, the D sent a player to O last week for the lone TD...

:shake:I get so tired of this excuse for the D. Not saying the O doesn't suck, but the Chiefs are 14th in TOP. 30:24 average per game. Pitt is #1 with 34:41 (not even 4 minutes better). How is the D worn out? This is another one of the common excuses where perception doesn't equal reality.

KCJohnny
12-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Not trying to pile on here John, but i gotta TOTALLY disagree as well.

IMO, Donnie may be our most physical LB...he has had some BIG time sticks this year.
Oh shoot! That's a typo! I left out the word "not" ..

Most of you guys know I am a Donnie Edwards supporter...

Pardon moi!:doh!:

Here's a thread topic where I discussed Donnie's absence being a problem: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4421255#post4421255

KCJohnny
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
This is painful.

When I made this prediction, it was based on the assumption that DJ and Donnie would be out. KC has yielded 168 yards rushing in the fiirst half.

:banghead: