PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's 1st 2008 Mock Draft

Ugly Duck
12-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Chiefs Projected pick: Ryan Clady*, OT, Boise State

Clady only makes sense here if Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle makes strides during the final few weeks of the season. If not, QB Matt Ryan would have to be a possibility with this pick. Clady is still improving his strength but he possesses impressive feet to go along with his enormous wingspan.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3144001&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d3144001

ChiTown
12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
OL, specifically OT - is a must.

I don't trust our local idiots to draft a young qb and fook him up. We've NEVER been able to draft and develop a qb in our organization. NEVER!!!!!!!!

We need to get our qb's through FA and trades.

HypnotizedMonkey
12-06-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm waiting for the Montana-esque arrival of Tom Brady. lol

Chiefnj2
12-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't quite get the high praise for Clady. I only watched one game with him against Hawaii, but he wasn't overly impressive. Not what I would have considered a top 15 pick. Maybe he had a bad game.

Ugly Duck
12-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Raiders projected pick: Howie's son:

Chris Long, DE, Virginia

Outside of McFadden, there isn't a player I value more in the 2008 class than Chris Long. He plays the game with rare passion and nearly flawless technique. In addition to controlling blockers as a 3-4 end in college, Long also disengages from blocks and makes big play after big play. The fact that he finished the regular season with 14 sacks playing in that scheme tells you all you need to know about his talent and motor. Raider Nation would certainly welcome another Long with open arms.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1108/ncf_split_300.jpg

Reaper16
12-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Matt Ryan? I'd throw up.

The Franchise
12-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Someone want to post the whole thing? I can't look at ESPN at work.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Matt Ryan? I'd throw up.

Me too, findthdr, I agree with you trade down, i don't want to see a reach for Clady.

KurtCobain
12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
We might as well win a couple more games if Baker isn't going till 17.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Question - is Clady as much of a reach as Joe Staley was at our draft slot last year?

Amnorix
12-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah...I'm ok with this:

2. New England Patriots (from 3-9 San Francisco) (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe)

Current record: 12-0
Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: ILB, CB, OLB
Projected pick: Darren McFadden*, RB, Arkansas
This hardly seems fair. The league's best team lands the draft's top talent -- or strikes another lucrative draft-day deal for him. Both McFadden and Laurence Maroney split carries in college. A two-back rotation would make both last longer, not to mention the possibilities for an offense already overloaded with talent.

FAX
12-06-2007, 01:15 PM
If we draft a quarterback in the first round this year, I'll have to shoot my dog because kicking it would not be good enough.

Oh My God.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Question - is Clady as much of a reach as Joe Staley was at our draft slot last year?

Even more so, IMO.

If we were to use a Top 10 pick on Ryan or Clady, it would set this franchise back another 10 years.

Horrible, horrible lack of value where we'll be drafting.

patteeu
12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't think it matters whether the Chiefs think Brodie Croyle is getting it done or not, offensive line is a much bigger need than QB in this draft, IMO. Fix the line and then worry about the QB. Who knows, if the OL is fixed, maybe it will improve Brodie's play. Getting Willie Roaf sure made Trent Green look a lot better.

KurtCobain
12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
This year's draft class is weak. There'll be more perrenial probowlers taken in the third-fifth rounds than in the first round.

the Talking Can
12-06-2007, 01:19 PM
kind of depressing reading that...sounds likea bunch of good, but not great talent outside of dorsey, mcfadden, and maybe Ellis...

KurtCobain
12-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I just really want Sam Baker as our LT OTF

the Talking Can
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM

nah, just trade down...that's the beauty of a high pick: leverage

hell, maybe someone gets a boner for a QB and wants to deal with us...you never know what could happen

Hammock Parties
12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
kind of depressing reading that...sounds likea bunch of good, but not great talent outside of dorsey, mcfadden, and maybe Ellis...

The top wide receiver is supposed to be this 6-0 kid who runs a 4.4 last time I checked. Not real impressive.

The Franchise
12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
nah, just trade down...that's the beauty of a high pick: leverage

hell, maybe someone gets a boner for a QB and wants to deal with us...you never know what could happen

That's why I'm hoping we pick before the Falcons and then Brohm drops to us. I have a feeling that they'd trade with us to get him.

FAX
12-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I don't think it matters whether the Chiefs think Brodie Croyle is getting it done or not, offensive line is a much bigger need than QB in this draft, IMO. Fix the line and then worry about the QB. Who knows, if the OL is fixed, maybe it will improve Brodie's play. Getting Willie Roaf sure made Trent Green look a lot better.

I don't think we really know what Croyle's play is like, Mr. patteeu. At least not in a Chiefs uniform. First off, he hasn't played a lot. Second off, he's not airing it out much which is more of his game. Anyway, there's no question that an improved line helps everybody. We must focus on the oline this off season.

This is a crazy situation. We are paying a RB like a superstar who can't get past the line of scrimmage. We've set the record for negative plays. We can't pass and we can't run. We have a young QB we're afraid to put behind center over health concerns. This line sucks so bad it's scary.

FAX

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 01:27 PM

I don't know about Baker, I think he has hit his full potential and isn't going to get much better. Ask Mecca about him, I actually think it was Mecca that said what I just stated.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
The top wide receiver is supposed to be this 6-0 kid who runs a 4.4 last time I checked. Not real impressive.

Who is that?

morphius
12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
If we draft a quarterback in the first round this year, I'll have to shoot my dog because kicking it would not be good enough.

Oh My God.

FAX
Yup, about the only thing worse would be to see them draft a TE in the first.

the Talking Can

I wouldn't choke if we traded down and took a WR...but the chances of hitting on two first round WRs seems slim...

from the sounds of it, I much rather trade down for a OT than reach for anyone in the top ten....

we need to parlay our spot into 4 first day picks, and then nail them....and yes, I'm laughing at even suggesting we could pull that off

get a OT/WR/CB/C

make it happen carl

of course, if Ellis slipped we should take him too...fug, we need everything

RP_McMurphy
As a Jaguars fan I would love Vernon Ghoulston but doubt he will be around by then. For the Jaguars it's either a DE or SS right now. The Jaguars pass defense has went down hill and needs some upgrading.

FAX
12-06-2007, 01:33 PM
...fug, we need everything

Yep. If ever there was a draft when we need lightning to strike - especially in the lower rounds, this is the one.

FAX

Pitt Gorilla
Can we lose enough to have a shot at Long?

Chiefnj2
Fall back to the Bears spot and try to get their 2nd rounder. 3 picks in the first 47 would be nice (as long as KC doesn't continue its tradition of reaching in the 2nd round).

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Matt Ryan's fine and so would Woodson. There's absolutely no reason guys like Clady and Otah should be ahead of Oher though. I suspect that might change once we get closer to the draft.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2007, 01:35 PM
In 3 1/2 months the OT position has taken a dive. There isn't anyone close to a Joe Thomas in this years class, and most have some pretty big questions. Safest position would probably be a LB.

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 01:38 PM
In 3 1/2 months the OT position has taken a dive. There isn't anyone close to a Joe Thomas in this years class, and most have some pretty big questions. Safest position would probably be a LB.

Joe Thomas is one of the best tackles to come out in a while and part of his attractiveness was that he wasn't a risk. I think Oher's up there in terms of ability and potential.

Pushead2
12-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Jake Long is close.

the Talking Can
12-06-2007, 01:40 PM
our team desperately lacks leadership....we need a QB and a MLB who are unquestioned studs (we need a DT too, but at least we have Allen)...

the QB we may or may not have...the MLB we don't...which is why I hope we go BAA in the first and don't get locked into the OL...

FAX
12-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Ummm. Assuming that ...

1. We lose the rest of our "games". And,
2. The Jets, Bengals, Ravens, Raiders, win one of theirs.

Where would we wind up in terms of draft position? 4th?

FAX

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Jake Long is close.

He's not.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah...I'm ok with this:

2. New England Patriots (from 3-9 San Francisco) (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe)

Current record: 12-0
Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: ILB, CB, OLB
Projected pick: Darren McFadden*, RB, Arkansas
This hardly seems fair. The league's best team lands the draft's top talent -- or strikes another lucrative draft-day deal for him. Both McFadden and Laurence Maroney split carries in college. A two-back rotation would make both last longer, not to mention the possibilities for an offense already overloaded with talent.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of McFadden and wouldn't like this at all....

Coogs
12-06-2007, 01:50 PM

nj,

If James Laurinaitis from Ohio State is still on the board when we pick, would he be a reach at the middle LB spot? I know he gets a lot of press time, but I have not seen Ohio State play this season besides the last few minutes of the Illinois game. Is he really that good, or is he hyped for being from Ohio State?

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
nj,

If James Laurinaitis from Ohio State is still on the board when we pick, would he be a reach at the middle LB spot? I know he gets a lot of press time, but I have not seen Ohio State play this season besides the last few minutes of the Illinois game. Is he really that good, or is he hyped for being from Ohio State?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but we could only be too lucky to have JL fall to us.

Hell, there are a lot of people who think the Pats should take him over McFadden.

Unless we're picking Top 5, we won't likely have a shot, IMO.

Coogs
12-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I know this wasn't directed at me, but we could only be too lucky to have JL fall to us.

Hell, there are a lot of people who think the Pats should take him over McFadden.

Cool! That will give me something to watch for during the national championship game.

CupidStunt
12-06-2007, 01:58 PM
ESPN is just f**king awful. I didn't read beyond one of its first sentences:

Dorsey played most of the second half of the season with a minor knee injury and a back injury and was still the most disruptive defensive tackle in the country.

Uh... no he wasn't. Not even close. After that injury, he played like dogshit. Barely even noticed the dude was playing.

Eleazar
12-06-2007, 02:01 PM
I didn't realize New England was #2 overall so far. Give me a break.

If they get McFadden I'm gonna puke

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I hope they take McFadden. That's about the least impactful pick they could make. It'd ignore their needs on D.

BigRedChief
12-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Jake Long is close.Michigan, bad karma...See Trezelle Jenkins.;)

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2007, 02:04 PM
The Patriots got Randy Moss and the #2 pick (assuming SF continues to lose) in the draft for a (late) first rounder. Unreal.

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Michigan, bad karma...See Trezelle Jenkins.;)

It's not even about Michigan. He just gets beat way too often in pass coverage for me to pass him off as an elite prospect. He's a force in the run game though, but he is nowhere near the prospect Thomas was.

BigRedChief

With the hype he is getting now allow to build up for a few months....agreed, he's going to be a top 5 pick.

Eleazar
The Patriots got Randy Moss and the #2 pick (assuming SF continues to lose) in the draft for a first rounder. Unreal.

Have they ever come out on the worse end of a trade?

I wish our organization would pillage the NFL's village idiots the way they do.

Pushead2
12-06-2007, 02:06 PM
He's not.

How? The guy didn't have his first sack allowed by himself until the ohio state Game

BigRedChief
12-06-2007, 02:07 PM

Avoid a land war in Asia Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line Never trade with the Pats.

Coogs
12-06-2007, 02:07 PM

We spend our draft picks on coaches. Chiefs just might be in the group defined as village idiots. :)

RustShack
12-06-2007, 02:08 PM
The draft bored will be completely diffrent after the combine.

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
How? The guy didn't have his first sack allowed by himself until the ohio state Game

You have to watch them play, not look at stats. I don't know how many sacks have been attributed to him, but I've seen him have ends run right around him far too often for someone who gets hyped like he does. He is not a great pass protector in any stretch of the imagination. And yes, the whole Michigan line got beat like a drum against Ohio State. It was one of the first times all year Michigan played against what I'd consider a legit D-Line.

Pushead2
12-06-2007, 02:13 PM
You have to watch them play, not look at stats. I don't know how many sacks have been attributed to him, but I've seen him have ends run right around him far too often for someone who gets hyped like he does. He is not a great pass protector in any stretch of the imagination. And yes, the whole Michigan line got beat like a drum against Ohio State. It was one of the first times all year Michigan played against what I'd consider a legit D-Line.

I DO WATCH THEM PLAY I AM A UM FAN ROFL

OSU did destroy our line but Henne always for the most part has plenty of time to throw and that goes back to last year and the year before. The kid is 6'7 and 315. He's quick and I think the Chiefs would benefit from him more then any other pick.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 02:15 PM
As a Jaguars fan I would love Vernon Ghoulston but doubt he will be around by then. For the Jaguars it's either a DE or SS right now. The Jaguars pass defense has went down hill and needs some upgrading.

Ghoulston is an absolute beast, he can rush and he can drop into coverage and play LB. On a pure pass rush ability, there is not many that are better, he absolutely abused Jake Long, he had 2 sacks on Long, and he didn't even play on his side all game.

Pushead2
12-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Ghoulston is an absolute beast, he can rush and he can drop into coverage and play LB. On a pure pass rush ability, there is not many that are better, he absolutely abused Jake Long, he had 2 sacks on Long, and he didn't even play on his side all game.

He is , he will be good in the NFL.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Sign Max Starks and draft BPA.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Cool! That will give me something to watch for during the national championship game.

IMHO, he and McFadden are probably the two best prospects this year.

CupidStunt
12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't think people realize how high KC's pick will be should they lose out, even if other teams like the Jets and Falcons don't help out with wins.

Jake Long is not even remotely out of the question.

CupidStunt

Starks sucks pole. Why in the world would we sign a backup who gives up sacks for fun?

HolmeZz
I think Gholston's a 3-4 LB at the next level.

FAX
12-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Ummm. Assuming that ...

1. We lose the rest of our "games". And,
2. The Jets, Bengals, Ravens, Raiders, win one of theirs.

Where would we wind up in terms of draft position? 4th?

FAX

Anybody?

FAX

Zouk
12-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Anybody?

FAX

Ties are broken based on strength of schedule, which won't be known until Week 17.

http://football.about.com/od/miscinformation/a/detdraftorder.htm

FAX
12-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Ties are broken based on strength of schedule, which won't be known until Week 17.

http://football.about.com/od/miscinformation/a/detdraftorder.htm

Okay. Thanks, Mr. Zouk. So, tiebreakers aside, is that the way it would work out? I mean, if we are the only 4 loss team we would pick 4th? And, if the three loss teams win one, we could actually move up from there? Tiebreakers notwithstanding, I mean.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Starks sucks pole. Why in the world would we sign a backup who gives up sacks for fun?

He's a major upgrade over anything we have and played excellent when he started the last couple games this season for Pitt (as a LT).

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Here's a breakdown of the last 4 weeks involving teams with a record of 4-8 or worse:

Miami is locked into the #1 pick. Remaining games against Buffalo, Baltimore, NE and Cincinnati.

The Patriots (via SF) are likely locked into the #2 spot. Remaining games against Minnesota, Cincinnati, Tampa and Cleveland. I don't see them winning any of those games, ending the season with a 3-13 record.

There are three 3-9 teams.

Jets, Atlanta and St Louis.

Assuming we lose out, there's at least one more win for the Jets, since we play them Week 17. Atlanta has winnable games against New Orleans and Arizona. St Louis has winnable games against Cincinnati and Arizona.

All 3 of those teams "should" have 4 or more wins by the time it's all said and done.

On to the 4 loss teams: Cincinnati, Oakland, KC and Baltimore.

The Bengals have SF and Miami left. There's 2 more wins alone.

Oakland won't win another game. Still to play: GB, Indy, Jacksonville and San Diego

Baltimore has Miami left, so there's one more win.

So, depending on the final SOS, we COULD be picking as high as 3rd, provided we lose out and Atlanta and STL find a win.

I don't see a scenario where we lose out and pick any worse than 7th, unless the Bengals lose their last 4 as well. (STL, SF, CLE, MIA)

Discuss Thrower
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
My uninformed guess is that the Patriots will trade out of the second pick and absolutely clean up on later picks, basically doing in one year KC will have to do in two.

CupidStunt
12-06-2007, 02:43 PM
He's a major upgrade over anything we have

That's not saying... anything. I'm better than anything we have.

Your attitude reeks of typical Carl Peterson moves. The same moves that have plagued this franchise to mediocrity or worse.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 02:44 PM
nj,

He is legit, i watch him every week. He just plan makes plays, he is very physical and very technique oriented. He knows how to get off blocks, and he is very good at reading routes and he gets a lot of picks. The good thing about him, is he lost some weight from last year, and there really is no knocks on his coverage skills, he can cover deep or short, and is very fast, he delivers some big hits. I have said he is like a smarter faster AJ Hawk.

FAX
12-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Here's a breakdown of the last 4 weeks involving teams with a record of 4-8 or worse:

Miami is locked into the #1 pick. Remaining games against Buffalo, Baltimore, NE and Cincinnati.

The Patriots (via SF) are likely locked into the #2 spot. Remaining games against Minnesota, Cincinnati, Tampa and Cleveland. I don't see them winning any of those games, ending the season with a 3-13 record.

Assuming we lose out, there's at least one more win for the Jets, since we play them Week 17. Atlanta has winnable games against New Orleans and Arizona. St Louis has winnable games against Cincinnati and Arizona.

All 3 of those teams "should" have 4 or more wins by the time it's all said and done.

Oakland won't win another game. Still to play: GB, Indy, Jacksonville and San Diego

So, depending on the final SOS, we COULD be picking as high as 3rd, provided we lose out and Atlanta and STL find a win.

I don't see a scenario where we lose out and pick any worse than 7th, unless the Bengals lose their last 4 as well. (STL, SF, CLE, MIA)

Awesome. Thanks, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Very helpful.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 02:45 PM
That's not saying... anything. I'm better than anything we have.

Your attitude reeks of typical Carl Peterson moves. The same moves that have plagued this franchise to mediocrity or worse.

By acquiring a 25-26 year old 6'8" 330lb tackle who I think can be an adequate-to-very good starter?

bowener
12-06-2007, 02:47 PM
am I the only one here that feels like crying when they see the Patriots have the number 2 overall pick?

I dont buy for a second that Moss will cost them too much next year. He may be immature, but he isnt stupid... he'll get paid well but not break the bank so he can remain there and continue to dominate like he should... Stallworth... not sure about him, but I think they know if they ask for too much, they are gone.

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Awesome. Thanks, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Very helpful.

FAX

No problem.

We'll find a way to **** it up and beat Detroit or the Jets. God help us if they win both.

We could drop as far as far as the LATE TEENS.

Right now, spots 10-20 are all held by teams with either 5 or 6 wins.

Falling from Top 5 to somewhere in the mid-late teens would just be the icing on the ****ing cake, wouldn't it?

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I think Gholston's a 3-4 LB at the next level.

Yes, he will be.

CupidStunt
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
By acquiring a 25-26 year old 6'8" 330lb tackle who I think can be an adequate-to-very good starter?

For thinking that another team's backup who was awful when he started (don't let UF homerism blind you to the facts here) can somehow make the Chiefs contenders.

McIntosh was an upgrade to Jordan Black... he stinks and the Chiefs OL still sucks balls. Starks is the same in every way - only younger, and that's irrelevant.

This season should define, once and for all, a new era. ENOUGH of this mediocre FA garbage.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 02:52 PM

Starks sucks man, you are all over this guy's Johnson and he doesn't even start. He lost his job to a rookie from Hofstra, come on man.

FAX
12-06-2007, 02:55 PM
No problem.

We'll find a way to **** it up and beat Detroit or the Jets. God help us if they win both.

Falling from Top 5 to somewhere in the mid-late teens would just be the icing on the ****ing cake, wouldn't it?

Honestly, that's the least of my concerns at this point. With this line, I don't see us winning another game unless it's a total fluke.

FAX

bowener
12-06-2007, 02:55 PM

Wow, I feel so dirty for hoping we lose out and everyone else wins... this is almost like lastyears playoff scenario, but reversed. hopefully it ends with a better result...

Here is a 'what if' for everybody.... What if we have the chance to draft Mcfadden (if we are 3rd, perhaps somebody wants a QB real bad or something)? do we trade down, or do we take the amazing opportunity to have LJ and McFadden in the same backfield, and keep Kolby on as a FB and have him bulk up a little?? Most likely trade down would be my guess though.

FAX
12-06-2007, 02:59 PM
For thinking that another team's backup who was awful when he started (don't let UF homerism blind you to the facts here) can somehow make the Chiefs contenders.

McIntosh was an upgrade to Jordan Black... he stinks and the Chiefs OL still sucks balls. Starks is the same in every way - only younger, and that's irrelevant.

This season should define, once and for all, a new era. ENOUGH of this mediocre FA garbage.

Are you saying that FA or trade should not be investigated as a means whereby we can acquire a left tackle, Mr. lj4mvp? I mean, we have picks to work with in a trade.

With a super stud LT, our line problems diminish dramatically because we can potentially move the big apple to RT and we have Niswanger (sp?) to put in at center as needs must. That would leave us with RG to worry about which is a much easier position to fill.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2007, 02:59 PM
If McFadden is there you have to take him IMO. Do what the Saints do and have Thunder & Lighting with LJ & McFadden.

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Wow, I feel so dirty for hoping we lose out and everyone else wins... this is almost like lastyears playoff scenario, but reversed. hopefully it ends with a better result...

Here is a 'what if' for everybody.... What if we have the chance to draft Mcfadden (if we are 3rd, perhaps somebody wants a QB real bad or something)? do we trade down, or do we take the amazing opportunity to have LJ and McFadden in the same backfield, and keep Kolby on as a FB and have him bulk up a little?? Most likely trade down would be my guess though.

I know a ton of people will say BPA and take McFadden, but if we're picking at #3 and he's still there, that also likely means that Laurinaitis and/or Jake and Chris Long and Sedrick Ellis are still on the board.

If we were to pass on ANY of those 4 guys and take McFadden, it would be a HUGE mistake IMO.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2007, 03:01 PM
If McFadden is there you have to take him IMO. Do what the Saints do and have Thunder & Lighting with LJ & McFadden.The Saints aren't very good.

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 03:02 PM
If McFadden is there you have to take him IMO. Do what the Saints do and have Thunder & Lighting with LJ & McFadden.

Yeah, LJ can play the Deuce McAllister role, and McFadden the Reggie Bush role. And with no one blocking for them, either.

Sounds great.

:rolleyes:

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2007, 03:02 PM
The Saints aren't very good.

McAllister is hurt as well.

bowener
12-06-2007, 03:05 PM
I know a ton of people will say BPA and take McFadden, but if we're picking at #3 and he's still there, that also likely means that Laurinaitis and/or Jake and Chris Long and Sedrick Ellis are still on the board.

If we were to pass on ANY of those 4 guys and take McFadden, it would be a HUGE mistake IMO.

this is a very good point! If this were to happen, this would definately net us a ton of draft picks... maybe Ditka will come out of retirement and coach one team and convince them to trade every pick to us for mcfadden.

The Franchise
12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah...lets take McFadden and have $80 million dollars tied up in 2 RBs who can't gain any yards.

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Yeah...lets take McFadden and have $80 million dollars tied up in 2 RBs who can't gain any yards.

Egg-zactly.

bowener
12-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Even better point... but IF we had a line, and IF we had the money, and we did draft Mcfadden.... you have to admit it would be insane.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Even better point... but IF we had a line, and IF we had the money, and we did draft Mcfadden.... you have to admit it would be insane.

No, it would be insane spending the money on offensive line and seeing Croyle sit back there all day long and wait for Bowe to get wide open for 50-yard touchdowns.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Starks sucks man, you are all over this guy's Johnson and he doesn't even start. He lost his job to a rookie from Hofstra, come on man.

He lost his job to a 2nd year player, not a rookie. While his effort and play was lackluster leading to his lost job, coaches and personnel alike still believe he has the tools to be a good player. Or maybe I am just forgetting that players can't improve.

Amnorix
12-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I didn't realize New England was #2 overall so far. Give me a break.

If they get McFadden I'm gonna puke

I find that this perturbs me not at all...

Amnorix
12-06-2007, 03:20 PM

Yes. We've done deals that didn't work out. Traded for Starks at CB, who sucked. A few others. But all we lost in those cases were mid or low round picks.

We haven't been raped and pillaged by any of those deals, while doing a fair bit of raping and pillaging ourselves.

Of course, the worst trade the Pats ever made was one involving the Niners -- they used our pick to get Jerry Rice. Of course, we would never have taken Rice anyway...

Mecca
12-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Max Starks never got better that's the problem....he gives up a ton of sacks.

This team shouldn't be spending tons of money in FA anyway they aren't ready to compete. There's no point in dropping a ton of cash to be a mediocre competing team for 4 years.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Max Starks never got better that's the problem....he gives up a ton of sacks.

Only gave up one this year.

Micjones
12-06-2007, 03:23 PM
The Chiefs will have an outside shot at drafting Jake Long. That would go a long way to fixing this offense this off-season.

Zouk
12-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Only gave up one this year.

And only started two games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/maxstarks/profile?id=STA603966

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2007, 03:27 PM
And only started two games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/maxstarks/profile?id=STA603966

His one sack was given up to Jason Taylor. He sux0rs.

Amnorix
12-06-2007, 03:27 PM
My uninformed guess is that the Patriots will trade out of the second pick and absolutely clean up on later picks, basically doing in one year KC will have to do in two.

IMHO you're probably right. I doubt they want to break hte bank on a player, and unless they LOVE the guy that they can get with the SF pick, I can 99% guarantee you that they'd be willing to move back in the draft, possibly even to mid/late in the 1st round, and get something like a 3 this year and a 1 next year.

Unlike most teams, the Pats don't have a MUST WIN NOW desperation, and that allows them to move around in the draft, and give up picks for future value. Most team's fans would crucify them if they gave up, say, McFadden to slide down to #15, and get a 3rd or 4th and a #1 next year from team X.

Pats fans will say "Belichick and SP -- dudes know WTF they're doing, so SURE, sounds good"

(after some initial "waaah, WHY couldn't we take McFadden? Why?! WHY?!?, anyway)

Amnorix
12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
am I the only one here that feels like crying when they see the Patriots have the number 2 overall pick?

I dont buy for a second that Moss will cost them too much next year. He may be immature, but he isnt stupid... he'll get paid well but not break the bank so he can remain there and continue to dominate like he should... Stallworth... not sure about him, but I think they know if they ask for too much, they are gone.

I think Pats/Moss get the deal done. I think Stallworth is likely gone, but rumor is he's also very ahppy with us, though he's not getting the ball a ton.

Latest rumor is that the Pats and Samuel may be talking, but I find it HARD to believe that will work out.

Amnorix
12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Any top 5 rated Safeties on the board? Or top 10?

Belichick loves safeties, but hasn't been able to draft one high. If there was a guy like Ed Reed, Sean Taylor Troy Polamalu or Sanders on the board, I think he'd love to maneuver to get someone like that. Rodney Harrison is nearing the end.

A top LB makes sense, but the guy never drafts LBs. We predict it every year, but it doesn't happen. Maybe htis year it'll change, I dunno.

Has to be a 3-4 guy. Either an edge rusher a la Ware or the Cleveland Browns guy, or a middle backer in the 250 lb range. A guy like Jonathan Vilma we would never take. Too light.

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 03:34 PM
The Chiefs will have an outside shot at drafting Jake Long. That would go a long way to fixing this offense this off-season.

Print'em!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yot9ClPvZDg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yot9ClPvZDg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mecca
12-06-2007, 03:35 PM
When Pittsburgh benches a guy..you don't want him. It's a bad sign..horrible sign.

CupidStunt
12-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Starks is awful.

Please, DaKC - you're losing your credibility. Give it up with this Gator. Stick to sucking off your boy Tebow.

Zouk
12-06-2007, 03:39 PM
When Pittsburgh benches a guy..you don't want him. It's a bad sign..horrible sign.

Mike Vrabel?

With that exception, I agree with you.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 03:39 PM

Belichick loves safeties, but hasn't been able to draft one high. If there was a guy like Ed Reed, Sean Taylor Troy Polamalu or Sanders on the board, I think he'd love to maneuver to get someone like that. Rodney Harrison is nearing the end.

A top LB makes sense, but the guy never drafts LBs. We predict it every year, but it doesn't happen. Maybe htis year it'll change, I dunno.

Has to be a 3-4 guy. Either an edge rusher a la Ware or the Cleveland Browns guy, or a middle backer in the 250 lb range. A guy like Jonathan Vilma we would never take. Too light.

The best CB in the draft is Malcolm Jenkins, but the good thing about him is that he plays safety for us also. I think he could be a great great safety, he is definetely fast enough and smart enough to play corner, where he does spend most of his time. If he gained a little weight he would be a great safety. I hope the Chiefs could get him, I believe he is gonna be a real star ie. Antoine Winfield/Shawn Springs.

El Jefe
12-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Starks is awful.

Please, DaKC - you're losing your credibility. Give it up with this Gator. Stick to sucking off your boy Tebow.

I agree, enough with Starks.

Delano
12-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Anybody?

FAX

MMkay, here is a link: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4430705&postcount=40

to this:

If KC loses out, the probability of their draft order is:

2nd 5%
3rd 28%
4th 40%
5th 23%
6th 4%
7th <1%

Messier
12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
The Chiefs have to go LT with the first pick, in my opinion. It's the most important position on offense they need to fill. I'd like to see at least three new starters on the line next year, and I full expect that to happen.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 03:58 PM

Kenny Phillips will probably go somewhere around 20......that'd be funny if you guys moved down and took him since he's from Miami too.

Amnorix
12-06-2007, 03:59 PM
The best CB in the draft is Malcolm Jenkins, but the good thing about him is that he plays safety for us also. I think he could be a great great safety, he is definetely fast enough and smart enough to play corner, where he does spend most of his time. If he gained a little weight he would be a great safety. I hope the Chiefs could get him, I believe he is gonna be a real star ie. Antoine Winfield/Shawn Springs.

If he can play either position, then all the more does he become a "Belichick guy".

GarySpFc
12-06-2007, 04:16 PM

Impressive NOT! Webb is 6'3" and runs a 4.35, and he is barely making the team.

CupidStunt
12-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Impressive NOT! Webb is 6'3" and runs a 4.35, and he is barely making the team.

Link on that speed?

(Btw, there's reasons Webb isn't doing shit, not least of all the garbage we have at QB.)

FAX
12-06-2007, 04:34 PM
MMkay, here is a link: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4430705&postcount=40

to this:

Thanks, Mr. Delano. I never knew such a fabulous thread existed. And, that Mr. cdcox is amazing, isn't he? He has probabilities for everything under the sun including how long it will take Hoss to find out that Little Joe has gotten into a fight at the saloon with 4 bad cowboys on a bender. These stats would make a darn nice titty graph, too.

That 4th spot looks pretty darn appealing. I'd like to see Croyle get a win or two, though - for a lot of reasons. This is a tough situation.

FAX

kicker84
12-06-2007, 04:34 PM
I just noticed we acquired David Greene off waivers and he is on practice squad. Is he just a temporary QB or do you all think they will try to develop him? I know he was a great QB in college, hopefully he will be the same in the Pro's.

Valiant
12-06-2007, 04:37 PM
No problem.

Why are you acting like this is not going to happen.. Carl will, will this team to 3 more wins... Hell we still might finish the season at .500, our STH would be thrilled this team does not give up.. And for them fighting back, Carl will only raise prices by 3% and parking passes will only go up a measly 3dollars.. That is a awesome bargain considering they were almost a 4-12 squad... You should be thankful for the price increase..

Valiant
12-06-2007, 04:42 PM

Priest lost his job also at Baltimore before he came here.. Sometimes players need new surroundings..

Joe Horn
Priest Holmes
Casey Weigmann

RNR
12-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Would love it if this mock is right and the Raiders take Chris Long!

Pablo
12-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Mecca- looks like your boy Woodson is falling fast..3rd QB picked in the draft.

And I know we need linemen like none other..but I just about blew a load in my pants thinking about the terror James Laurinitis could create with JA, DJ, and Hali.

I know we don't need defensive players..but I want that motherf*cker in a Chiefs jersey.

Ugly Duck
12-06-2007, 05:05 PM

I dunno, dood.... Oakland is playing much better than the last-place football we're used to. I fear that someone will let their guard down & drop a game to us - placing us firmly out of reach for a top player.

Ugly Duck
12-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Would love it if this mock is right and the Raiders take Chris Long!

If Chris Long ran out onto the field wearing #75... the crowd would go bonkers!

Pablo
12-06-2007, 05:08 PM
If Chris Long ran out onto the field wearing #75... the crowd would go bonkers!It's too bad we don't really need a DE..or we could steal him away from you.

Mwahahaha.

RNR
12-06-2007, 05:19 PM
I dunno, dood.... Oakland is playing much better than the last-place football we're used to. I fear that someone will let their guard down & drop a game to us - placing us firmly out of reach for a top player.
I think we beat Greenbay they dont run! and iron man got a bum elbow and a bum shoulder. Screw the draft Just win!

RNR
12-06-2007, 05:23 PM
If Chris Long ran out onto the field wearing #75... the crowd would go bonkers!
He wants to make his own name, dont see him sporting #75. That said the name Long and the way he plays will set the crowd off! He is better than the old man was coming out of school.

CupidStunt
12-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I know we don't need defensive players.

Like hell we don't.

I'd take any of Sedrick Ellis, Laurinaitis or Jenkins.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2007, 05:49 PM
I think we beat Greenbay they dont run! and iron man got a bum elbow and a bum shoulder. Screw the draft Just win!

Keep it up please!

Pablo
12-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Like hell we don't.

I meant over pressing positions, like OL.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2007, 05:50 PM
I meant over pressing positions, like OL.

BPA, a big nasty DT would make this defense top 10 for sure.

kcchiefsus
12-06-2007, 06:20 PM

LMAO at a Raider fan who thinks they are going into Green Bay and winning. Green Bay is one of the best teams in the NFL and has beaten every other AFC West team but the Raiders are going to be the ones to beat Green bay, IN Green Bay? What are you smoking?

And to say they don't run is bullcrap and shows how little you know. Ryan Grant has rushed for 588 yards in only 4 starts and already has 3 100+ yard games this season and came close to 100 yards in two other games.

If Kolby Smith can put up 150 yards and 2 touchdowns on the Raider defense with no passing game to take the pressure off of him, what exactly do you think Grant is going to do with Favre throwing the ball?

kcchiefsus
12-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Like hell we don't.

And continue to watch our offense lead the NFL in 3 and outs and be just about last in the NFL in yards and points scored.

kcchiefsus
12-06-2007, 06:23 PM
BPA, a big nasty DT would make this defense top 10 for sure.

Who cares if the defense is top 10 if the offense isn't even top 30.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 06:27 PM
There are numerous guys who need to be replaced on both sides.....this "hey we need this be damned" approach is how you get Ryan Sims.....

Delano
12-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Who cares if the defense is top 10 if the offense isn't even top 30.

You don't improve the overall team by reaching for a LT, either.

Micjones
12-06-2007, 06:35 PM
We won't be reaching for a LT in Round 1.

Long's a franchise LT in waiting.
Clady will be good value at 7.

We can't fix this team until we get our problems on the Offensive and Defensive lines corrected.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Ah yes like drafting Turk McBride and Tank Tyler right.....they've fixed things....

There are scouts that disagree about Long being a franchise tackle..

Mr. Laz
12-06-2007, 06:41 PM
The Patriots got Randy Moss and the #2 pick (assuming SF continues to lose) in the draft for a (late) first rounder. Unreal.
this is the kind of thing that occasionally happens when you have a real front office.

as far as i know, the chiefs have NEVER ever had two 1st round draft picks.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2007, 06:47 PM
btw ...... lose the rest of our games and we could end up with the 3rd pick.

would it be worth it?

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 06:47 PM

Vernon Gholston doesn't think so.

Clady will be good value at 7.

No he's not. You can't even name me a big player Long or Clady have ever shut down.

JBucc
12-06-2007, 06:53 PM
The only guy I really would set my sights on if he comes out is Jonathan Luigs in the 2nd or 3rd.

Skip Towne
12-06-2007, 07:02 PM
thats whats so pathetic. Herm is really trying to win, even though it doesnt look like it.
Herm makes losing look easy.

The Bad Guy
12-06-2007, 07:03 PM

would it be worth it?

Yes.

Sfeihc
12-06-2007, 07:05 PM
There are numerous guys who need to be replaced on both sides.....this "hey we need this be damned" approach is how you get Ryan Sims.....

That is exactly right. The Chiefs need to either trade down or take a difference maker at OT or on D. C. Long, Ellis, Baby Animal or Jenkins all look like they could step in and make a difference on D.

J. Long = J. Tait Long never will be a good LT in the NFL, maybe a decent RT. You don't draft RT's in the top ten unless you're the Raiders.

Right now I don't see any OT's worth a top ten pick. That can change as this process evolves but Jake Long isn't that franchise LT that the Chiefs need.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2007, 07:06 PM
anyone think that Glenn Dorsey will fall because his injury just completely destroyed his productivity?

Sully
12-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Why does everyone think Clady is so great? Is it due to something you've read?

All I know is I watched him against Hawaii, and he was horrible. Maybe that was a down game, but he was not a top-notch guy in that game at all.

FAX
12-06-2007, 07:22 PM

would it be worth it?

Except for the fact that the young guys' spirits will be dashed and broken into a thousand chunks of oozing, unredeemable failure, it would be kinda cool.

FAX

Mr. Laz
12-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Except for the fact that the young guys' spirits will be dashed and broken into a thousand chunks of oozing, unredeemable failure, it would be kinda cool.

FAX
they would have all offseason to recover, Mr. Fax.

;)

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I'll kill 9 drifters if we spend a first rounder on a CB.

I'd be fine with LT, S, LB, QB, or even WR, but damned sure not a f*cking cornerback.

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Why does everyone think Clady is so great? Is it due to something you've read?

All I know is I watched him against Hawaii, and he was horrible. Maybe that was a down game, but he was not a top-notch guy in that game at all.

I think him and Talib are the most overrated players slotted to go in the 1st round.

The OT discussion begins and ends with Michael Oher, IMO. He squared off against the best of the SEC as a junior, and dominated.

I don't think Clady is in the Top 5 OT's. I think a lot of the fascination with Clady is his wingspan.

Oher
Long
Otah
Baker
Cherilius

LiL stumppy
12-06-2007, 08:02 PM
our team desperately lacks leadership....we need a QB and a MLB who are unquestioned studs (we need a DT too, but at least we have Allen)...

the QB we may or may not have...the MLB we don't...which is why I hope we go BAA in the first and don't get locked into the OL...

I disagree, we def. need a OL more than a MLB. I said it all last year, and I'm saying the something again this year. You have to start building teams from the middle out. We need a good OL, and I think That starts with a young LT.

Discuss Thrower
12-06-2007, 08:04 PM
I just noticed we acquired David Greene off waivers and he is on practice squad. Is he just a temporary QB or do you all think they will try to develop him? I know he was a great QB in college, hopefully he will be the same in the Pro's.

Heh, I wished we could've drafted this guy back in 2005 or 2004 when he still had Trent. The Green/Greene QB chart.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 08:11 PM
I think him and Talib are the most overrated players slotted to go in the 1st round.

The OT discussion begins and ends with Michael Oher, IMO. He squared off against the best of the SEC as a junior, and dominated.

I don't think Clady is in the Top 5 OT's. I think a lot of the fascination with Clady is his wingspan.

Oher
Long
Otah
Baker
Cherilius

If you are big into Oher.......I'd suggest checking this out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Oher

I wonder if he will be raked over the coals going into the draft with his past.

Zouk
12-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll kill 9 drifters if we spend a first rounder on a CB.

I'd be fine with LT, S, LB, QB, or even WR, but damned sure not a f*cking cornerback.

I'm rooting for Malcolm Jenkins. Mostly because I think he's the best defensive prospect in the draft outside of the top 5, is perfect for our defense, and is the most "sure thing" of a player - ready to play at a high level from day 1. The fact that you're going to freak out is just a pleasant entertaining side effect.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm rooting for Malcolm Jenkins. Mostly because I think he's the best defensive prospect in the draft outside of the top 5, is perfect for our defense, and is the most "sure thing" of a player - ready to play at a high level from day 1. The fact that you're going to freak out is just a pleasant entertaining side effect.
who are you?

why do you seem so irritatingly familiar :hmmm:

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 08:19 PM

I know his story, and I'm not sure why it would have any bearing on his draft status.

He went from barely being able to read in High School, to being on the Dean's List at Ole Miss for a semester.

He had never played a down of football at Left Tackle when Tom Lemming named him the #1 LT in High School.

He has the reputation of being the next Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace, and his play in the SEC has me believing he'll be just as good, if not better. He's dominated in the toughest conference in CFB.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 08:21 PM
The draft process tends to get really stupid at times, that's why I mention it.

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 08:25 PM
The draft process tends to get really stupid at times, that's why I mention it.

Can't argue there.

Not sure if you've seen much of him, where would you rate him among the other OT's?

Just curious.

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 08:26 PM

What's his 'past'? The kid didn't do anything wrong. If anything, his past is a positive. It's a testament to his character.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2007, 08:28 PM
What's his 'past'? The kid didn't do anything wrong. If anything, his past is a positive. It's a testament to his character.

He didn't do anything wrong, but I'm sure there are going to be questions regarding his intelligence.

Zouk
12-06-2007, 08:28 PM
why do you seem so irritatingly familiar :hmmm:

I have no idea. Didn't mean to be irritating, I just know that Hamas writes really funny rant posts. That's all.

Mecca
12-06-2007, 08:29 PM
I've seen guys get ridiculously stupid things get turned into "character issues" in the end I don't think it will hurt him but I suspect it will be discussed.

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 08:32 PM
He didn't do anything wrong, but I'm sure there are going to be questions regarding his intelligence.

Possibly. Didn't seem to effect his play at Ole Miss though so I'm not sure how valid the concern actually is.

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 08:34 PM
I can see Carl being a sucker for Big Mike's story too.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2007, 08:38 PM
I think he'll go back his senior year.

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2007, 08:38 PM

They should be somewhat familiar with Oher, he played on the same Ole Miss line with Tre Stallings his senior year.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I have no idea. Didn't mean to be irritating, I just know that Hamas writes really funny rant posts. That's all.
your post aren't irritating, but not be able to remember who your remind of is .....

you haven't posted here under another name?

Messier
12-06-2007, 09:01 PM
HolmeZz you seem to be going out of your way to make some point that there are no good LT in the Draft. So I assume you think that when some sucker of a team drafts these three in the first round, and they will all go in the first, that they are in for a first round bust. Hmmmmm.

HolmeZz
12-06-2007, 09:13 PM
HolmeZz you seem to be going out of your way to make some point that there are no good LT in the Draft.

Because I don't think Jake Long's an elite prospect I think there are no good LTs in the draft?

Zouk
12-06-2007, 09:45 PM

No

Rasputin
12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
I could care less if we get any FA, been doing that for 18 years from CP not building us a Championship team. We need to draft the best OLman in first round and build the protection for Brodie. Brodie is going to be awesome once we start protecting him and give the WRs time to get open. We got 10 draft picks so we can be flexable and work the draft in our favor.

Brodie is starting his career on a BAD football team, I really hope that nobody gives up on him if he does not fair well these last four games. I hope the Coaches don't either. Brodie has all of the mechanics to be an elite QB imo, needs experience and an O line that is all. I expect next year to be more of the same growing pains but that is necessary to become a better team and to become a championship team.

Ugly Duck
12-06-2007, 11:09 PM
We won't be reaching for a LT in Round 1.

Thats what everyone said about Gallery... the consensus "can't miss" safest pick in the draft....

FAX
12-06-2007, 11:52 PM
your post aren't irritating, but not be able to remember who your remind of is .....

I don't know who he is, Mr. Laz. But he's scaring me.

FAX

Messier
12-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Because I don't think Jake Long's an elite prospect I think there are no good LTs in the draft?

Well would you like the Chiefs to draft him? Or Clady? In the fist round, when they will go? I sure would.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Thats what everyone said about Gallery... the consensus "can't miss" safest pick in the draft....

Can't miss prospects still miss, but can't miss tackles miss far less often than do RB's, WR's, QB's, DT's, or nearly any other position.

blueballs
12-07-2007, 07:36 AM
talk of Chiefs disinterest
has been greatly exaggerated
long thread=hope lives

Amnorix
12-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Can't miss prospects still miss, but can't miss tackles miss far less often than do RB's, WR's, QB's, DT's, or nearly any other position.

I'd say you're right, but DaBrick with the Jets is looking a bit shaky. Certainly not worth the high billing at this point.

If so (and the results are NOT final on that yet), then that would be two strikeouts for top 5 drafted LTs in the last what? 3 or so years.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2007, 08:58 AM
KC should make a move for Jordan Gross. I'm pretty sure he's a UFA this offseason. He's a pretty good right tackle and could fill in at LT in a pinch and not be worse than McIntosh. This would give KC some flexibility in the draft in the first round including taking a tackle that may need some more time to develop (Otah, etc.). KC could still focus on a G/C early in the second round.

Micjones
12-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Jordan Gross would be a solid FA acquisition, but I'd rather the Chiefs shore up the Left Side with a young franchise LT in this year's draft.

McIntosh is ours for another year, at least, so I'd move him to the Right Side and hope like Hell that Jake Long fell to me.

Rausch
12-07-2007, 11:14 AM

That's why quantity is more important than quality when it comes to draft picks.

beach tribe
12-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Everybody said Moss was washed up when he played for the Raiders too.

Gallery would polly be a pro-bowler in NE.

I kid. I kid. The part that's not funny is we suck as bad as you guys do.

dj56dt58
12-07-2007, 11:42 AM

Oh My God.

FAX
Michael Vick?? They have the internet in prision?

HolmeZz
12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Well would you like the Chiefs to draft him? Or Clady? In the fist round, when they will go? I sure would.

I wouldn't be upset if we got Long, but he's nowhere near the kind of prospect everyone wants to make him out to be. He's not even remotely close to a Joe Thomas. He's not a great pass protector and should probably play right tackle at the next level. In the run game he's a monster though.

Clady's simply not good enough to be taken in the top 10. I'd say his peak value is the last first round.

Michael Oher's the best tackle in this class if he declares though.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Jordan Gross would be a solid FA acquisition, but I'd rather the Chiefs shore up the Left Side with a young franchise LT in this year's draft.

McIntosh is ours for another year, at least, so I'd move him to the Right Side and hope like Hell that Jake Long fell to me.

We don't know if a franchise LT will be available or how long it will be to groom one. I'm not sure McIntosh can play RT.

suds79
12-07-2007, 12:21 PM
We don't know if a franchise LT will be available or how long it will be to groom one. I'm not sure McIntosh can play RT.

Well they'd better try because we have garbage at RT now and truth be told, McIntosh isn't a good enough to play the most important position on the O-line.

Just my 2 cents

Mecca
12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm not a big fan of signing Jordan Gross when they could draft 2 starting tackles in this draft...

Messier
12-07-2007, 01:05 PM
The Chiefs NEED O-line help now! There is no, well gee, he's not the best but alright. There has to be upgrades, that means taking the best we can get in the draft, and more than one. I wouldn't even be upset if we drafted a tackle with our first and second picks, then a few guards along the way.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm not a big fan of signing Jordan Gross when they could draft 2 starting tackles in this draft...

I'm glad you think this coaching staff will (a) draft players that will be able to make an impact quickly, and (b) develop young players. Me, I don't have that faith.

Mecca
12-07-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm glad you think this coaching staff will (a) draft players that will be able to make an impact quickly, and (b) develop young players. Me, I don't have that faith.

I gotta at least believe in that philosophy, it's the only way you'll ever make it to where you wanna be so even if I have faith in them or not to do it I want them to at least try.

When they sign guys, I want them to sign young FA's or cheap FA's, or guys that have something to prove. This is why I think Bryant Johnson is a good FA target, he fills a need of a 2nd starting WR. This guy is AZ's 3rd WR that would start for most teams but he sits behind 2 All Pros....I think he has a chip on his shoulder to prove he's as good as they are when he leaves.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I gotta at least believe in that philosophy, it's the only way you'll ever make it to where you wanna be so even if I have faith in them or not to do it I want them to at least try.

When they sign guys, I want them to sign young FA's or cheap FA's, or guys that have something to prove. This is why I think Bryant Johnson is a good FA target, he fills a need of a 2nd starting WR. This guy is AZ's 3rd WR that would start for most teams but he sits behind 2 All Pros....I think he has a chip on his shoulder to prove he's as good as they are when he leaves.

And he was Larry's teammate, and he gives us yet another Johnson. I agree, good FA target.

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2007, 01:36 PM
And he was Larry's teammate, and he gives us yet another Johnson. I agree, good FA target.

You just love Johnsons.

Micjones
12-07-2007, 01:56 PM

Jake Long MAY be there at 7.
Ryan Clady will be...

I'd prefer Long, but I'd take Clady...
We might even be able to trade out of the Top 10 to the mid-teens somewhere and still get him.

Mecca
12-07-2007, 01:58 PM
That's gonna look great when Jake Long is playing RT.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Jake Long MAY be there at 7.
Ryan Clady will be...

I'd prefer Long, but I'd take Clady...
We might even be able to trade out of the Top 10 to the mid-teens somewhere and still get him.

Based on my 1 game viewing of Clady, he is nowhere near a good value for a top 10 pick. Again, my 1st hand knowledge of him is very limited.

HolmeZz
12-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Based on my 1 game viewing of Clady, he is nowhere near a good value for a top 10 pick. Again, my 1st hand knowledge of him is very limited.

You know enough.

Micjones
12-07-2007, 02:00 PM
1 game is such a small sample size.

Mecca
12-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Ryan Clady is one of those guys people see high on mocks and think well of him.......if you watch him play, you won't.

Delano
12-07-2007, 02:02 PM
What's the skinny on Loadholt?

I am wondering where he is currently expected to be taken.

What is the consensus on the big kid?

HolmeZz
12-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Loadholt needs to stay in school one more year.

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2007, 03:57 PM

I would normally agree with that but with the line being such a big time question mark, I think we need to sign at least one tackle in the offseason. Gross is 27 so its not like he is old guy and he can play both tackle positions. But the biggest thing it gives us the flexibity to BPA in the draft instead of just targeting the LT market.

chiefsfan1963
12-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Glad to see everyone is finally coming around and realizing it's time to look forward to next year's draft. Glad to have some company it's been lonely the last 12 weeks! ;)

Rasputin
12-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Glad to see everyone is finally coming around and realizing it's time to look forward to next year's draft. Glad to have some company it's been lonely the last 12 weeks! ;)

I always look forward to draft day, it's my favorite holiday.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2007, 08:04 PM
OMG. I'm falling in love with Loadholt. We should draft him in the 2nd.