PDA

View Full Version : Are there idiots everywhere?

RNR
12-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Or is Doo Daw just special? We had a little sleet this morning and I saw 4 wrecks and 3 cars in the ditch on the way to work. It only takes me 10 minutes to get to work, it took me 30 due to traffic jams. I have 4 wheel drive and never even thought about locking it in. It is rather simple if it is slick slow down a little! if you are coming up on a bridge it may be a LITTLE ICY!

Rausch
12-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm stuck here at ****ing work because I don't have an ice scraper yet, car running with about 1/10th a tank left, and I'm told the traffic is backed up about 10 miles on the HW heading home b/c there were 3 different wrecks. Even if I could leave now I'd likely run out of gas on the way home.

RNR
12-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm stuck here at ****ing work because I don't have an ice scraper yet, car running with about 1/10th a tank left, and I'm told the traffic is backed up about 10 miles on the HW heading home b/c there were 3 different wrecks. Even if I could leave now I'd likely run out of gas on the way home.

That sucks! can you stay on the clock and at least get some OT?

Demonpenz
12-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I need to get somewhere and fast!

BIG_DADDY
12-06-2007, 05:39 PM

You should have put some gas in before you came to work.

Pablo
12-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes.

BIG_DADDY
12-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I need to get somewhere and fast!

Michael Moore in town?

Saulbadguy
12-06-2007, 05:43 PM

Got a credit card? That should take care of both problems.

RNR
You should have put some gas in before you came to work.
I am guessing he knows that :) We have all had times of bad planning!

Demonpenz
Michael Moore in town?

No but that would be badass. I got to see him once speak at school. Man gave me chills to see a modern day Hero in person

Third Eye
12-06-2007, 05:49 PM
No but that would be badass. I got to see him once speak at school. Man gave me chills to see a modern day Hero in person
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Hero? Anybody that far on one side of the fence or the other, needs to get the hell out of my country.

RNR
12-06-2007, 05:50 PM
My son would kill me if I went on about the things he has done, that said Michael Moore is no hero.

BIG_DADDY
12-06-2007, 05:52 PM

LMAO

Phobia
12-06-2007, 05:54 PM

You're awesome. People still get hooked.

RNR
12-06-2007, 05:57 PM
You're awesome. People still get hooked.
Ironic I post a thread about idiots and we end up talking about one I already knew about :shake:

Fish
12-06-2007, 06:00 PM
I saw an idiot woman today driving while talking on her phone and eating some crap out of a Sonic cup with a spoon. Of course she passed me going to fast, and lost control of the back end.

No limits to the stupidity in traffic.....

jiveturkey
12-06-2007, 06:00 PM
I saw two cop cars smashed into each other this afternoon in OP.

I laughed as I carefully crept by.

Then some a-hole in a Mustang started fish tailing and missed me by about 3'. He went into the ditch.

HemiEd
12-06-2007, 06:01 PM
That sucks! can you stay on the clock and at least get some OT?

Or at the very least until the traffic clears, pay or not eh.

BIG_DADDY
12-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I am guessing he knows that :) We have all had times of bad planning!

I was just yanking his chain with:

RNR
12-06-2007, 06:09 PM
I was just yanking his chain with:
Thats cool but you have and can be rather to the point at times, I was just trying to cover a guy I like in a bad situation :)

BIG_DADDY
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Thats cool but you have and can be rather to the point at times, I was just trying to cover a guy I like in a bad situation :)
Always like Rauch. Hell I'd go pick him up if I lived out there.

Bearcat
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
I was asking that to someone at work before rush hour, wondering if it would take me 3 hours to get home like it did at least once a year in Kansas City.... he said yes, there are plenty of idiots here when it comes to driving in snow, too, but then again it only took me 25 minutes, with it normally being 15.

However, as I was getting off the highway I saw several flashing lights ahead :shrug:

Skip Towne
12-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Hey, RNR, where are you working? I thought you drove heavy equipment.

RNR
12-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey, RNR, where are you working? I thought you drove heavy equipment.
Wichita aka Doo Daw, kinda nice working in the home town!

Deberg_1990
12-06-2007, 06:29 PM

It was Sunny and 75 today in San Antonio. :)

morphius
12-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Always like Rauch. Hell I'd go pick him up if I lived out there.
Well, I heard he isn't the best person to have as a passenger in your car, at least from what Frazod says.

HemiEd
Wichita aka Doo Daw, kinda nice working in the home town!

Skip will be wanting to visit you now.

Micjones
I'm going to have to brave the elements on the drive home in about 28 minutes. 35 should be relatively clear by now though.

Now Santa Fe? That's a different story.

morphius
12-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm going to have to brave the elements on the drive home in about 28 minutes. 35 should be relatively clear by now though.

Now Santa Fe? That's a different story.
I had no issues on 435 at 4pm

banyon
12-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Hero? Anybody that far on one side of the fence or the other, needs to get the hell out of my country.

Yeah that's the American spirit! No tolerance for those with dissenting views!

Or on second thought I think maybe you should look into moving to China or something.

Bwana
12-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Yes, yes there are.............

kstater
12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Just be thankful you don't live in Arkansas. If a 1/4 inch of snow hit the ground, the whole state would shut down.

True story: A little bit of snow and ice hit the ground a year ago or so, and it took me an hour to drive a 1/2 mile because no one knew what to do.

Bugeater
12-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Just be thankful you don't live in Arkansas. If a 1/4 inch of snow hit the ground, the whole state would shut down.

True story: A little bit of snow and ice hit the ground a year ago or so, and it took me an hour to drive a 1/2 mile because no one knew what to do.
Funny, they know exactly what to do here. First sight of a snowflake they drive right into the ditch or each other.

RNR
12-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Update...the news reported 136 wrecks yesterday. Snow and sleet in the forcast through the weekend into monday. The local body shops will make a killing!

sedated
12-07-2007, 12:24 PM
the biggest dumbasses I see are guys in trucks that seem to think 4-wheel-drive makes any sort of difference on ice.

crazycoffey
12-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Ironic I post a thread about idiots and we end up talking about one I already knew about :shake:

Which idiot, M. Moore or you?

RNR
12-07-2007, 12:32 PM
the biggest dumbasses I see are guys in trucks that seem to think 4-wheel-drive makes any sort of difference on ice.
Yeah they are the ones that ride your ass then pass you and a few miles later you look over there they are in the ditch.

RNR
12-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Which idiot, M. Moore or you?
You calling anyone a idiot is rather funny.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-07-2007, 12:34 PM
You laugh at the deer that can't get it's footing on the pavement. Until you need to touch the brakes, that is

Skip Towne
12-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Hahahahahahaha. Yes, it is.

The Franchise
12-07-2007, 12:39 PM

Try California. These people don't know how to drive in rainy weather. I don't know what they'd do in snow.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2007, 12:40 PM

At least when you wreck you don't get hurt. It's the stoners in their rice burners that end up getting all jacked up. LMAO

Eleazar
12-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Yesterday everyone rushed out of work at like 1:00 PM, at the height of the snow, because there was traffic outside. It was like "Hey! A traffic jam! Let's hurry up and get in it!"

I left at the normal time to find streets that were perfectly fine, only wet, and no traffic at all.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Try California. These people don't know how to drive in rainy weather. I don't know what they'd do in snow.

Yesterday sucked. First rain and people are driving like maniacs.

Donger
12-07-2007, 12:43 PM

The first thing Californians who move to Colorado do is buy an SUV, and then rapidly proceed to rolling them off the highways.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2007, 12:46 PM
The first thing Californians who move to Colorado do is buy an SUV, and then rapidly proceed to rolling them off the highways.
You guys get series ice there. I lived in Colorado Springs for a couple years.

Rausch
12-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Got home. Some lunatic went speeding by me last night at about 70 while the sleet/snow was just piling on. People really are stupid. That's why I hate this weather. Not the weather itself but the idiots who ignore it or drive 20 on the highway...

Donger
12-07-2007, 12:49 PM
You guys get series ice there. I lived in Colorado Springs for a couple years.

Serious ice? I've lived here for ten years, and we've only ever had one ice storm, and it was nothing compared to the one's in KC.

StcChief
12-07-2007, 12:50 PM

same way in S.Illinois. one snowplow for entire county little or no salt for winter.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Serious ice? I've lived here for ten years, and we've only ever had one ice storm, and it was nothing compared to the one's in KC.
I haven't lived in KC since I was one so I wouldn't know. It was really bad once when I was in Colorado though. Watching people even trying to get out of the parking lot was an amusing.

The Franchise
12-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Yesterday sucked. First rain and people are driving like maniacs.

There are either people who drive like maniacs...or people who slow down to 30 on the freeways because they're scared. I can't stand either one of them. It's freaking easy to drive in rain....learn how to do it. Arizona is even worse. The worst thing I've ever seen is when I lived in Tucson. I was driving next to a guy in a big SUV. It was raining pretty hard out. Out of nowhere this guy cuts into my lane and almost runs me off the road. So at the next stop light I pull up next to him and ask him what the hell his problem is. His exact words were "Sorry...the lightning scared me." I was dumbfounded for the rest of the drive home.

sedated
12-07-2007, 01:08 PM
At least when you wreck you don't get hurt. It's the stoners in their rice burners that end up getting all jacked up. LMAO

no we don't.

stoners don't go faster than 4 MPH

Demonpenz
12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
I about had a heartattack driving back from st joe yesterday. some guy in a f150 spun out infront of me all I saw where tail lights and headlights 4 or 5 times around, so i checked up no one was behind me the guy got back in the road that I could see in my review, heh guess who passed me 10 minutes later, same truck.

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
no we don't.

stoners don't go faster than 4 MPH You know what guys in big 4x4s call you guys?

Demonpenz
12-07-2007, 01:17 PM
I am just glad I had my hybrid. I didn't have to stop for gas in a couple days which is nice in this weather. thank you toyota!

Dartgod
12-07-2007, 01:23 PM
So at the next stop light I pull up next to him and ask him what the hell his problem is. His exact words were "Sorry...the lightning scared me."
ROFL

BIG_DADDY
12-07-2007, 01:27 PM
You know what guys in big 4x4s call you guys?

Speed bumps. LMAO

sedated
12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
You know what guys in big 4x4s call you guys?

calm?

RJ
12-07-2007, 02:38 PM

I see those guys every winter. Those guys annoy the hell out of me. Those guys are very dumb.

stumppy
12-07-2007, 02:51 PM
I about had a heartattack driving back from st joe yesterday. some guy in a f150 spun out infront of me all I saw where tail lights and headlights 4 or 5 times around, so i checked up no one was behind me the guy got back in the road that I could see in my review, heh guess who passed me 10 minutes later, same truck.

A couple of years ago, on my way to work one morning doing about 60 mph. It had just started sleeting and only the bridges were freezing up at the time. Had a guy just ahead of me in a brand new 1 ton chevy p/u hit the bridge and proceed to do two perfect 360's. He ended up on the other side of the bridge, in his lane still moving foward. He immediately pulled over on the shoulder. When I passed him he looked white as a sheet and had an iron grip on his steering wheel.ROFL The look on his face was priceless.

Demonpenz
12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
The shitty thing it was sleeting and visablity was pretty poor so sometimes i would be coming up on a bridge going east or west over or sometimes under me going from st joe to kc. So I would see tail and headlights and my heart beat would skp again because I thought that it was a car/truck that lost control again. Then I would get closer to the bridge and slow way down and think Whoa those cars are all out of control. Then i would see it is a bridge. This was like at 10 pm yesterday

ChiefsGirl
12-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I think it's 80 degrees today in Dallas. :)

crazycoffey
12-07-2007, 03:14 PM

Yeah, I know I'm an idiot. Whatever.

Frazod
12-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Well, I heard he isn't the best person to have as a passenger in your car, at least from what Frazod says.

He certainly isn't after attempting to match ENDelt shot for shot. :Lin:

Third Eye
12-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah that's the American spirit! No tolerance for those with dissenting views!

Or on second thought I think maybe you should look into moving to China or something.
I will support the view of the dissenter with my dying voice. I will not support those who intentionally mislead and deceive the ignorant in an attempt to make a buck.