PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: NFL Head Coach Ratings

Ugly Duck
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
#8 Lane Kiffin........... 71% approval
#18 Norv Turner......... 39% approval
#26 Mike Shannahan.. 26% approval
#30 Herm Edwards..... 19% approval

Howzabout that Norv Turner! He took a 12-4 team to 7-5 & gets a 39% approval rating. Ratface's welcome seems to be wearing off, but Herm still has a few fans...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

beer bacon
12-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Raider fans really have lowered their expectations.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2007, 12:31 AM
What kind of a moron would of voted for Herm??
He is just above Cam Cameron and Marvin Lewis...

he will be 32 after Denver hands us our asses in a wicker basket on sunday...

FAX
12-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Too bad for Herm.

People just don't recognize genius until it's passed them by.

FAX

Reerun_KC
12-07-2007, 12:32 AM

I would take Lane Kiffin over Herm any day of the week.

Ugly Duck
12-07-2007, 12:44 AM
I would take Lane Kiffin over Herm any day of the week.

Hate to say it, but I wonder how much is Kiffin's talent & how much is due to the fact that Al Davis has stepped way back & for the first time lets his HC run things. He gave the controls to Kiffin - something he didn't even do for Gruden.

Unlike Big Al, Kiffin doesn't care what you have done in the past, doesn't care what your salary is, doesn't care if you are a high draft pick - either you produce or you get benched. Davis liked players who were fast & kept them on the team year after year - Kiffin came in & canned them. Then he cut 3rd round pick Quentin Moses. He cut Donovin Darius. He benched Dominic Rhodes & Stewart Schweigert. Davis just isn't in control any more.

JohninGpt
12-07-2007, 12:48 AM
How the hell did Herm get 19%? A little high isn't it?

HolmeZz
12-07-2007, 01:09 AM

Seriously. They're going to be 4-12 this year.

Ugly Duck
12-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Seriously. They're going to be 4-12 this year.

Wish I had as much confidence as you do in that. Really hope we draft high enough to get a crack at Chris Long.

HolmeZz
12-07-2007, 01:15 AM
So who do you think you're beating?

blueballs
12-07-2007, 02:06 AM
I went into a restaurant last night to have supper
There were things that were in season and things that were out.
We had cow's head and cod's head and sheep's head and liver
And then after that we had ice-cream and stout.

And when I had tasted of everything
I told the waiter to go out and bring....

Cheese in, cheese in, waiter bring the cheese in do.

The waiter brought the cheese in, it was coloured like the rainbow;
Red and Yellow and Blue
The waiter broght the cheese in and the cheese was sneezing.
Sneezing like a cockatoo.

And when I walked out that restaurant, that little piece of Gorgonzolla walked out too.

It followed me home and it sat on the doorstep
It threatened to kill me if I shut it out.
So I opened the door and it ran in the lobby,

And Pa with the fender gave that cheese a clout.

Spoken: Pa hit it with the fender, Ma threw it down the drain. And when that cheese came back in the morning it was wearing a panama.

So we telephoned down for a couple of policemen,
And our lodger Jim The Militia came in,
He stabbed it three times with the neck of his bayonet,
And it ran in the garden behind the dustbin.

And when the rain was pouring down hard,
You could hear the cheese signing in our back yard:

"Everybody's loved by someone,
Everybody knows it's true.
Red cheese, green cheese, blue cheese, yellow cheese,
They're all loved it's true.

But...!

I'm a bit of Gorgonzola,
Sitting on the back yard wall,
And I seem to be the only bit of cheese,
That nobody loves at all.

Our next door neighbour came into the garden,
Smoking a penny cigar with great pride.
The cheese gave a gasp and it shouted, "I'm choking!"
And gave a few flip-flops and lay down and died....

Epilogue:

If you go down Paddington Green,
There's a tombstone to be seen.
And the words are neat indeed in memory of our cheese:

It fought against Russia, it fought 'gainst Japan,
It fought like a cheese and it died like a man,
Now it's buried in the ground with the grass growing round
And that's the end of the Gorgonzolla cheese.

King_Chief_Fan
12-07-2007, 07:53 AM
How the hell did Herm get 19%? A little high isn't it?

Zouk and Goatcheese are two.......maybe a couple of other suckers.
Oh and there is Herm and Carl.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Hate to say it, but I wonder how much is Kiffin's talent & how much is due to the fact that Al Davis has stepped way back & for the first time lets his HC run things. He gave the controls to Kiffin - something he didn't even do for Gruden.

Unlike Big Al, Kiffin doesn't care what you have done in the past, doesn't care what your salary is, doesn't care if you are a high draft pick - either you produce or you get benched. Davis liked players who were fast & kept them on the team year after year - Kiffin came in & canned them. Then he cut 3rd round pick Quentin Moses. He cut Donovin Darius. He benched Dominic Rhodes & Stewart Schweigert. Davis just isn't in control any more.
It wont take long and Kiffin will surpass Edwards on the Coaching tree....

kc rush
12-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Zouk and Goatcheese are two.......maybe a couple of other suckers.
Oh and there is Herm and Carl.

Don't forget 31 other head coaches, 31 other defensive coordinators, defensive staffs and players from 31 other teams, and Jet fans trying to ensure that Herm never makes his way back to NY.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Don't forget 31 other head coaches, 31 other defensive coordinators, defensive staffs and players from 31 other teams, and Jet fans trying to ensure that Herm never makes his way back to NY.

I would give the NYJ all of our 2008 draft if they would take Herm back...

And the would still refuse! :banghead:

Pushead2
12-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Can Herm.

alanm
12-07-2007, 08:31 AM

I think Kiffin is just holding back until a nice fat college gig is offered to him.

Skip Towne
12-07-2007, 08:38 AM
What kind of a moron would of voted for Herm??

Women who like his game day outfits.

beach tribe
12-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Then he cut 3rd round pick Quentin Moses.
ROFL ROFL riiiiiiigggght

the Talking Can
12-07-2007, 09:16 AM
so zouk figured out how to vote 1,178 times

Ugly Duck
12-07-2007, 09:36 AM
ROFL ROFL riiiiiiigggght

I take it thats a quip about both Oakland & Arizona cutting Quentin Moses by "mistakes" in their respective personnel depts. Darn guy keeps getting cut by mistake, eh? Debunked long ago... but fun for rival fans to pretend they believe...

Ugly Duck
12-07-2007, 09:49 AM
So who do you think you're beating?

Teams may let down against Oakland because we suck... but we're starting to get better and unfortunately might sneak out another inadvertant win. Could be a foul weather game where anything can happen, could be someone looking too far past us & then commit some turnovers - anything can happen.

Sandy Eggo worries me a little bit cuz even the horrid Chiefs offense can roll up 400 yards on them in their own house & blow them off the field 30-16. If KC can do it.... so can Oakland.

beach tribe
12-07-2007, 09:50 AM
I take it thats a quip about both Oakland & Arizona cutting Quentin Moses by "mistakes" in their respective personnel depts. Darn guy keeps getting cut by mistake, eh? Debunked long ago... but fun for rival fans to pretend they believe...
Umm No. Arizona cut him on purpose.EDIT. Covered up, and debunked are two different things. Like they're gonna say "Yea, we're retarded it was an accident" :rolleyes:

beach tribe
12-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Teams may let down against Oakland because we suck... but we're starting to get better and unfortunately might sneak out another inadvertant win. Could be a foul weather game where anything can happen, could be someone looking too far past us & then commit some turnovers - anything can happen.

Sandy Eggo worries me a little bit cuz even the horrid Chiefs offense can roll up 400 yards on them in their own house & blow them off the field 30-16. If KC can do it.... so can Oakland.
Norv beat them that day. He could have handed off to LT 20 times in the 2nd half, and they would have destroyed us.

Ugly Duck
12-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Umm No. Arizona cut him on purpose.

So you really believe that Arizona cut an underperforming 3rd rounder on purpose, but Oakland cut the very same underperforming 3rd rounder by "mistake?"

Didn't think so....

beach tribe
12-07-2007, 10:01 AM
So you really believe that Arizona cut an underperforming 3rd rounder on purpose, but Oakland cut the very same underperforming 3rd rounder by "mistake?"

Didn't think so....
It was quoted coming out of the mouth of someone on the raiders staff. He soon changed his stance.

beach tribe
12-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm backing off. Maybe it was a journalistic mistake, maybe not. there's really no way to prove anything, so I'm not gonna ride it. i'll give you the BOTD. Sorry.

Rain Man
12-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm very surprised that Herm is ranked that high.

Skip Towne
12-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Even a yellow dog will get some votes.

King_Chief_Fan
12-07-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm very surprised that Herm is ranked that high. me too. That is why I look at it like 81% don't approve of him.

RNR
12-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I think Kiffin is just holding back until a nice fat college gig is offered to him.
If that was the case he would have stayed at USC IMO.

Ugly Duck
12-07-2007, 02:16 PM

Huh? He's at #30. He's 2 spots from the bottom - that don't rate as "high".... its just about as low as he could go....

FAX
12-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Huh? He's at #30. He's 2 spots from the bottom - that don't rate as "high".... its just about as low as he could go....

We were hoping for the first pick in the Coach's draft, Mr. Ugly Duck.

FAX

Ugly Duck
12-07-2007, 02:22 PM
If that was the case he would have stayed at USC IMO.

I think the "Kiffin to college" stuff sprang from someone speculating that he was being considered for the Arkansas HC vacancy. Kiffin said it was all bull & he wants to stay right where he is. But thats enough to convince ChiefsFanz that he's about to bail. Heck... some of 'em still choose to believe that he cut Quentin Moses by "mistake."

TEX
12-07-2007, 04:46 PM
#8 Lane Kiffin........... 71% approval
#18 Norv Turner......... 39% approval
#26 Mike Shannahan.. 26% approval
#30 Herm Edwards..... 19% approval

Howzabout that Norv Turner! He took a 12-4 team to 7-5 & gets a 39% approval rating. Ratface's welcome seems to be wearing off, but Herm still has a few fans...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

ROFL Herm at 30 - looks right to me.

Skip Towne
12-07-2007, 04:59 PM
ROFL Herm at 30 - looks right to me.
How did Herm get ahead of those other two dudes? They must be baby rapers.

TEX
12-07-2007, 05:47 PM
How did Herm get ahead of those other two dudes? They must be baby rapers.

I don't know but I'd take Marvin Lewis and Cam Cameron over Herm. Herm is a bad coach.

Rain Man
12-07-2007, 05:51 PM

I stand by my original statement that I'm surprised that he's ranked so high.

chappy
12-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I Wouldn't mind seeing Mike Shannahan coach the chiefs he is a wizard.

TEX
12-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I stand by my original statement that I'm surprised that he's ranked so high.

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
12-07-2007, 06:56 PM

Hell, they hadn't won a divisional game in 3 years, and in their coaches first year come in and beat us on our homefield, then Denver the next. They were 2-14 last year. Lane Kiffin has done a phenominal job in Oakland. The whole attitude is different.

JohninGpt
12-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Hell, they hadn't won a divisional game in 3 years, and in their coaches first year come in and beat us on our homefield, then Denver the next. They were 2-14 last year. Lane Kiffin has done a phenominal job in Oakland. The whole attitude is different.
Yep, Oakland has something we don't, hope, maybe not for this season, but they seem to be headed in the right direction.

R8RFAN
12-08-2007, 05:04 AM
I hope you guys mop the field with the Donks Sunday.
But please stay away from our draft pick