PDA

View Full Version : Boomer to start at FB

Hammock Parties
12-08-2007, 12:43 AM
:rolleyes:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/394882.html

Chiefs notes: Grigsby likely starter at fullback Sunday

Grigsby appears to be a starter

The Chiefs appear to be ready to give Boomer Grigsby the first start of his NFL career at fullback Sunday when they play the Broncos in Denver.

Grigsby assumed much of the playing time last week ahead of Kris Wilson.

“The more you see of Boomer, the more you have to take a look and say, ‘Can this guy really be the fullback?’ ” coach Herm Edwards said.

The Chiefs use their fullback mainly as a blocker but will occasionally throw him a pass. Wilson, a converted tight end, is a better pass receiver but is miscast as a lead blocker.

“Kris is really kind of playing out of position,” Edwards said. “He’s really not a fullback, and we’re looking for (one). That’s not really his role. It’s not fair to him to have him leading up in there.

“We were trying to get our best players on the field, and that was a way to get him on.”

Injury update for Broncos game

Donnie Edwards (hamstring) returned to practice after missing the two previous days, but Herm Edwards wouldn’t make a commitment regarding Edwards’ chances of playing Sunday, saying the decision would be made on game day.

The Chiefs ruled out Damion McIntosh (knee) and Kyle Turley (back). Greg Wesley (head and knee) is, like Donnie Edwards, a game-day decision.

Thig Lyfe
12-08-2007, 12:44 AM
If Boomer can develop into an actual FB, I'm all for it.

RustShack
woot

unothadeal
NEG REP!!!!!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
12-08-2007, 12:45 AM
NEG REP!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer is too weak at the point of attack to ever be a good fullback.

FAX
12-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Go Boomer!!!

FAX

suds79
12-08-2007, 01:52 AM
“The more you see of Boomer, the more you have to take a look and say, ‘Can this guy really be the fullback?’ ” coach Herm Edwards said.

Wow now if that isn't a vote of confidence, I don't know what is. :rolleyes:

kcxiv
12-08-2007, 05:27 AM
WEll, they have seen something in his ass to keep him around. I know it sure isnt for his pass/run catching skills.

chagrin
12-08-2007, 07:37 AM
If Boomer can develop into an actual FB, I'm all for it.

Painting the sky with hope, it'll never happen

FAX
12-08-2007, 08:00 AM
If every player on this team had the heart, dedication, and love for the game that Boomer has, we would have a much better football team.

FAX

chagrin
12-08-2007, 08:13 AM
If every player on this team had the heart, dedication, and love for the game that Boomer has, we would have a much better football team.

FAX

Except we'd have an even worse record.

HemiEd
12-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Why don't they just cut Turley already, geesh. He is either hurt or sucking, nothing good.

chagrin
12-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Why don't they just cut Turley already, geesh. He is either hurt or sucking, nothing good.

Heh, in that case they should waive 50% of the team

Bwana
12-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Print um!

FAX
12-08-2007, 08:24 AM
If every player on the team had a radio show like Boomer's, we would have a much better program selection.

FAX

kcfanXIII
12-08-2007, 09:39 AM

its official, he'll be the greatest.

evolve27
12-08-2007, 09:49 AM
This is good news, about time we see what his abilities are.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2007, 09:51 AM
“Kris is really kind of playing out of position,” Edwards said. “He’s really not a fullback, and we’re looking for (one). That’s not really his role. It’s not fair to him to have him leading up in there.

Kris isnt really good at any one thing.

Classic tweener, another classic Carl 2nd round reach.

Rasputin
12-08-2007, 09:56 AM
:rolleyes:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/394882.html

Chiefs notes: Grigsby likely starter at fullback Sunday

Playing out of position, so TE playing FB did not work, but LB playing FB too lets see how this works out ;)

BigRedChief
12-08-2007, 10:02 AM

FAX
Here. Here. :rockon:Expecially now I want players on my team playing with heart. We may suck talent wise and are just playing out the string but you still play hard and don't quit.

Boomer's been laying the wood to players these last few games. He's earned the extra playing time.

Wilson hasn't done chit the last 4 years. Another blown pick by King Carl thinking he's smarter than the rest of the NFL.

Brock
12-08-2007, 10:10 AM
You're probably about to find out why he hasn't been playing.

Rasputin
12-08-2007, 10:15 AM

Shouldn't he just retire already!!! The guy is worthless has been worthless since he came here.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Shouldn't he just retire already!!! The guy is worthless has been worthless since he came here.

Hes clearly lost it as a player. But i heard him on Jim Rome the other day and i admired his frankness and " I dont give a crap" attitude towards what the league thinks about him and his efforts to help former NFL players.

stevieray
12-08-2007, 10:25 AM
looks like the lines been drawn in the sand....

...Boomer better shine, or he's gone.

Extra Point
12-08-2007, 10:25 AM
I just hope the appointment doesn't cut into the prep time for his radio show.

Active players hosting shows is bad. Plain bad.

Rasputin
12-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Hes clearly lost it as a player. But i heard him on Jim Rome the other day and i admired his frankness and " I dont give a crap" attitude towards what the league thinks about him and his efforts to help former NFL players.

I admire him as a man and what he is doing for the old timers of the NFL. I liked him on Hard Knocks too. But he is taking a roster spot away from a younger more duriable prospect that we could have gotten in free agency in the offseason. Just shows we were "rebuilding" with a broken down 32 year old O-lineman.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I admire him as a man and what he is doing for the old timers of the NFL. I liked him on Hard Knocks too. But he is taking a roster spot away from a younger more duriable prospect that we could have gotten in free agency in the offseason. Just shows we were "rebuilding" with a broken down 32 year old O-lineman.

I dont fault him too much for trying to make a living.

I fault Carl mostly. Turley was bad last year, but yet we bring him back again??? WTF??

Rasputin
12-08-2007, 10:48 AM

I fault Carl mostly. Turley was bad last year, but yet we bring him back again??? WTF??

That's what I'm talken about. It's nice to have feel good stories in the NFL and on our team but not at the expence of building a Championship team when we havn't won a GD Super Bowl in 37 YEARS. I can care less about an 11 year career back up liven his dream to start as a QB in the NFL either.

Buehler445
12-08-2007, 10:49 AM

But...but....he's back up to 306. And it is muscle not fat! :banghead:

TEX
12-08-2007, 11:00 AM
IMO the situation at FB is just as much a fiasco as the one at Kicker and RT. When you have situations like this with several areas of the team, it's time to put the blame on management and coaching. This team is in such a pathetic state these days and it's getting worse as the season goes on. Can we just stop the season, fire everyone in the front office, and start over? :shake:

FAX
12-08-2007, 11:48 AM
If every player on this team had the haircut Boomer has, we would have a much wealthier football team.

FAX

kcfanXIII
12-08-2007, 11:50 AM
IMO the situation at FB is just as much a fiasco as the one at Kicker and RT. When you have situations like this with several areas of the team, it's time to put the blame on management and coaching. This team is in such a pathetic state these days and it's getting worse as the season goes on. Can we just stop the season, fire everyone in the front office, and start over? :shake:

not much you can do to aquire talent in week 14, or whatever this is. i wouldn't say its getting worse, its surely not getting any better. at least herm is gonna find out what boomer's got.

FAX
12-08-2007, 11:52 AM
If every player on this team had the sperm count Boomer has, we would have little Chiefs babies everywhere.

FAX

KCJohnny
12-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Looks to me like we will be seeing a lot of I-formations and the R3P offense. With Svitek and Grigsby starting and Brody inexperienced in cold weather games, this might be the most vanilla offense we've seen all year, and that's saying something.

So, we've got a converted TE at H-back (Wilson), a converted DE at OLT (Svitek) and a converted LB at FB (Grigsby). And ya wonder why our pass protect and rushing attack are so anemic...

:hmmm:

I wish Boomer all the luck in the world and hope he can mack truck some LBs for Kolby tomorrow...

KCJ
:arrow:

Direckshun
12-08-2007, 02:02 PM
How can you not support giving him playing time?

The season's over. Get the other guys' time.

Start Brack. Start Tank 'n' Turk. Promote Allan and put him in there at TE.

Mr. Laz
12-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Painting the sky with hope, it'll never happen
why because he hasn't looked like a pro bowler during his first 6 months at the position? :shake: