PDA

View Full Version : Local Media/Fans Turning on Carl

KCJohnny
12-09-2007, 08:52 PM
There is a gathering of momentum against Carl Peterson here in the KC Metro area.

We've heard the endless refrain here at the Planet for years, but there are some recurring themes here in the local media, call-in radio shows, and watercooler scuttle.

This is not status quo; the passing of Lamar (RIP) created circumstances ripe for change.

Some of the themes being discussed locally:

Tale of the two CP eras: The first decade with 9 winning seasons, 7 playoff appearances and the second with 3 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearances signal that time is up; Herman Edwards is doing the right thing to rebuild, but Peterson is not the right GM to faciltate the process; 2 decades of mediocre drafts are ample proof that King Carl is not a talent expert; No QB developed until the current Croyle experiemnt - too little, too late; Carl's success in the 1990s was more about Marty Schottenheimer than King Carl; Clark Hunt should either (a) reduce Carl's responsibilities to CEO only or (b) clean house of Petersonisms.
The community here in the KC Metro area is generally agreed that Carl brought victory back to Arrowhead, but that his era has passed. The 2 years remaining on his contract will only perpetuate more short term strategies and activities. The win/win scenario will probably involve Carl voluntarily relinquishing responsibility.

We've always had a steady stream of anti-Carl sentiment in this area, but this is as firm and steady as I have ever witnessed.

StcChief
12-09-2007, 08:55 PM
bad losing seasons tend to finally do that.

hope Clark has the balls to fire him.

blueballs
12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Carl tried to touch me in my special place

Sully
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
CP killed John Goodman.

Bowser
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM

Unfortunately, he's touched us all in our special places.

memyselfI
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
No way does Carl get 'fired' as they will allow him to resign. Remember, EVERYTHING is on HIS terms.

Pablo
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Unfortunately, he's touched us all in our special places.Our wallets?

Bwana
12-09-2007, 08:59 PM

PackFan?

Bowser
Our wallets?

There, too.

dirk digler
I am openly dreaming that Carl will get shit canned. Many people in the media say they have to have a clean break from Carl and that just removing the GM title will not change anything.

DaWolf
12-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I said back when Carl hired DV that if he didn't win a bowl with his dream coach, he would never win a bowl and needed to go.

Carl should have been gone 2 years ago...

blueballs
12-09-2007, 09:05 PM
It was like a dip in a frigid lake

NewChief
12-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Clark Hunt should either (a) reduce Carl's responsibilities to CEO

But...but... then Carl couldn't introduce himself and refer to himself as CEO, President, and General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs.

I kid you not. I've heard him, personally, introduce himself to people that way on a couple of occasions. Guy has a serious complex. I'm not even sure whether it's an inferiority or God complex, but he's got some sort of weirdness in spades.

Hammock Parties
12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm not even sure whether it's an inferiority or God complex, but he's got some sort of weirdness in spades.

That's weird. He asked me to call him "Carl." :shrug:

burt
12-09-2007, 09:08 PM

True love blooms......

Pablo
12-09-2007, 09:09 PM
That's weird. He asked me to call him "Carl." :shrug:That's because he was gonna plug you in the butt later, and he didn't want to seem impersonal.

blueballs
12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
If anyone has caught Carl on the local tv the last couple of months
his eyes move all over the place while talking
he is seriously worried about something -it just shows

Hammock Parties
12-09-2007, 09:11 PM
LOL...I love this place.

Delano
12-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Why would Mr. Hunt modify the existing front office before the stadium remodel and enhancements?

dirk digler
12-09-2007, 09:12 PM
LOL...I love this place.

what is so funny?

Do you want Carl to say or go?

DaneMcCloud

Actually, I think you heard him incorrectly.

He asked for a "Hot Carl".

blueballs
Why would Mr. Hunt modify the existing front office before the stadium remodel and enhancements?

Why would Mr Hunt want to rebuild with a lameduck GM

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2007, 09:13 PM
he is seriously worried about something -it just shows

Okay I just popped mahogany

JohninGpt
12-09-2007, 09:13 PM
That's because he was gonna plug you in the butt later, and he didn't want to seem impersonal.
Yes, first name basis makes it easier to say "taxi fare is on the dresser, now gtfo".

blueballs
12-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Okay I just popped mahogany

It's too bad there is not a gif of his interview after the Oakland mess
it was like his eyes were on speed
they could not stay in one spot

Rain Man
12-09-2007, 09:19 PM
The Carl regime will fall. The people are mobilizing. You cannot stop the will of the people.

whoman69
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Carl has said himself that if the Chiefs had a season like the one that brought him to KC then he would be fired. I think its pretty clear that he has a lot of knowledge about the business of football, but evaluating talent is not there.

If the Chiefs take away GM responsibilities from Pederson, I think we go ahead just fine. A similar thing was done with his predecessor and that worked out. However if we just get a new GM and don't do anything about the ultra-conservative head coach, then what's the point?

siberian khatru
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
The Carl regime will fall. The people are mobilizing. You cannot stop the will of the people.

http://solport.com/resources/Liberate%20Iraq/Saddam%20statue%20falls%20-%20Reuters.JPG

FAX
12-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Clark needs to keep Carl to oversee renovations. Then, after that's done, he needs to strap his ass to a wilderbeast with five dollars and a quart of water and send him off into the desert.

FAX

FAX
12-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Carl has said himself that if the Chiefs had a season like the one that brought him to KC then he would be fired. I think its pretty clear that he has a lot of knowledge about the business of football, but evaluating talent is not there.

If the Chiefs take away GM responsibilities from Pederson, I think we go ahead just fine. A similar thing was done with his predecessor and that worked out. However if we just get a new GM and don't do anything about the ultra-conservative head coach, then what's the point?

There's one thing about Herm that we can all count on. Herm is for Herm.

If he fails miserably here in KC, it will be damned difficult for him to find another HC job with another franchise. For that reason, I believe Herm will do what it takes to win even if it means hiring an OC who can bring home the groceries.

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-09-2007, 09:28 PM

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/351/65543372at4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Rain Man
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
The most depressing thing I've heard in the past 44 years is that Jack Steadman finally fired himself because Lamar wouldn't do it. I figure that the same situation will apply to Carl, and Carl will never admit that he has failed. Calr will be in my life until the sweet release of either his death or mine. I'm hoping his happens first.

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Clark needs to keep Carl to oversee renovations.

Hell, anyone with architectural knowledge can do that. Carl, is good as done now

Hammock Parties
12-09-2007, 09:35 PM
The most depressing thing I've heard in the past 44 years is that Jack Steadman finally fired himself because Lamar wouldn't do it. I figure that the same situation will apply to Carl, and Carl will never admit that he has failed. Calr will be in my life until the sweet release of either his death or mine. I'm hoping his happens first.

Clark is not Lamar.

Changes are coming. I promise you.

KCJohnny
12-09-2007, 09:41 PM

I know you are being humorous Rainman, but that is the point of this thread - the damage will be done at the box office and ticket distributors next year.

At the end of the day, the Kansas City Chiefs are a business. Business is not good when you are 4-9 and getting embarrassed by your bitterest rival by a composite of 68-18.

:shake:

Deberg_1990
12-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Clark is not Lamar.

How the **** do you know?

Ill believe it when i see it.

Rain Man
12-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Clark is not Lamar.

I fear that we are only moving from one Italian military general to another.

Mecca
12-09-2007, 09:45 PM
How the **** do you know?

Ill believe it when i see it.

I'm sure someone around here likes/liked this approach Lamar had and want his son to continue..it was a few weeks ago that I was told by a few that they'd rather have this than Jerry Jones.

KCJohnny
12-09-2007, 09:52 PM
There IS one and ONLY 1 scenario where this can work with Carl.

His achilles all these years is that he has not been able to develop a young franchise QB like almost every other SB team since the 1970s: Bradshaw, Montana, Young, Aikman, Kelly, Favre, Elway, Brady, etc...

Every time I see Brodie play I am more convinced that with a real OL this guy is a franchise QB who will get better and better with a ton of upside. If Croyle is given a real OL and the weapons to succeed, Carl may resign with at least a team that went deep into the post season in 2009.

Other than that, I see no scenario where Carl staying the final 2 years of his contract do anything positive on the field for the 2008-09 Chiefs.

FAX
12-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Hell, anyone with architectural knowledge can do that. Carl, is good as done now

True, Mr. Tribal Warfare. Quite true. And, there's no question that Carl's skill at building boxes you cannot get your ass out of is not exactly a reference.

Still, it's best to stay with a guy who's been involved in the project from the beginning, if you can. From a business point of view, I mean.

FAX

TEX
12-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Carl is not the right GM for the rebuild and Herm is not the right coach. BOTH need to go.

TEX
12-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I know you are being humorous Rainman, but that is the point of this thread - the damage will be done at the box office and ticket distributors next year.

At the end of the day, the Kansas City Chiefs are a business. Business is not good when you are 4-9 and getting embarrassed by your bitterest rival by a composite of 68-18.

:shake:

It's all DV's fault! ROFL

Seriously, this team looks WORSE now than it did during preseason. To me that's a sign of a poor coached football team.

KCJohnny
12-09-2007, 10:29 PM
It's all DV's fault! ROFL

Seriously, this team looks WORSE now than it did during preseason. To me that's a sign of a poor coached football team.

Yeah, the bookends of Terry/Svitek sent fear into Denver's heart alright. Coaching is responsible for many things; getting no push from the OL is not one of them. We got pummelled at the LOS and that is not necessarily the coaches' fault.

BigRedChief
12-10-2007, 06:07 AM
As the leader and founder of the run King Carl out of town on a rail bandwagon I can only say.......Welcome to the party pal.
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2007/06/04/diehard982734.jpg

KCJohnny
12-10-2007, 11:16 AM
I think we might see a lot of empty seats at Arrowhead next Sunday when we lose 17-6 to Tennessee.

King_Chief_Fan
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
I think we might see a lot of empty seats at Arrowhead next Sunday when we lose 77-6 to Tennessee.
fyp

King_Chief_Fan
12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Clark is not Lamar.

Is it too late to let them out of the stadium and upgrade thingie? Let them move to LA and start from scratch here in KC.

KCJohnny
12-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Is it too late to let them out of the stadium and upgrade thingie? Let them move to LA and start from scratch here in KC.

If I were Clark Hunt, I would not retain Carl for the building project if that meant he had to still be CEO, President, GM and grand poobah of all things Chiefs. Apples and oranges.

Empty seats will hopefully get the attention of the Hunts.