PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stats for Brodie's First 3 Starts.

Pablo
12-09-2007, 11:33 PM
This is a re-post from a previous thread..at the request of another poster. Basically Brodie looks pretty damn good in comparison to some other HOF QB's in his first 3 starts.

If Brodie still "sucks" and lacks total pocket awareness by the end of next season I'd be worried.

Right now he is making good reads, doing his best behind this line and distributing the ball mostly accurately and timely.

I suppose if we wanted to look at the first three career stats of some HOF'ers to Brodie's we could do that.

Peyton Manning
62/114 - 54%
683 yards
2 TD's/8 INT's
7 Sacks
0-3 record

John Elway
28/62 - 45%
313 yards
1 TD/3 INT's
10 Sacks
2-1 record

Tom Brady
58/101 - 57%
618 yards
2 TD's/0 INT's
8 Sacks
2-1 record

Brodie Croyle
46/79 - 58%
446 yards
2 TD's/2 INT's
10 Sacks
0-3 record

While most of these stats have nothing to do with pocket presence, it's obviously some of the great QB's didn't develop it within 3 games. And Brodie has put up some reasonable numbers for his first few starts.

Hootie
12-09-2007, 11:35 PM
now compare him to the first three starts by Leaf, Harrington and Carr...

Rain Man
12-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Ha, ha. Elway sucks.

KCJohnny
12-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Excellent post and great research. GZrox88!
And I would venture to guess that those QBs had substantially better OLs and at least some semblance to a rushing attack (we are down to #3 on our depth chart). thanks for digging this up.

I believe Croyle is OUR GUY. A Chiefs draft pick, a Chiefs developed QB, a future Chiefs SB QB!!!!!!!

Rasputin
12-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Can ya dig up Troy Achmans stats first three games?

FAX
12-09-2007, 11:46 PM
The losses are hard to live with. So are the sacks.

Otherwise, it's not bad, I guess. I wonder ... are we really lucky enough to have found a franchise-caliber quarterback? Probably not. But if so, are these coaches qualified to bring him along? Probably not. But if so, can we surround him with sufficient talent to make him a winner? Probably not.

So what's the point? Anybody watch any rasslin' lately?

FAX

Pablo
12-09-2007, 11:47 PM

Ryan Leaf
41/80 - 51%
409 yards
1 TD/3 INT's
10 Sacks
0-3 record

Joey Harrington
60/111 - 54%
758 yards
5 TD's/5 INT's
2 Sacks
1-2 record

David Carr
28/69 - 41%
331 yards
2 TD's/4 INT's
19 Sacks
1-2 record

ChiefsCountry
12-09-2007, 11:49 PM
I think Brodie looks pretty good actually. He is hitting our dumbass receivers in the hand when he actually has time.

Rasputin
12-09-2007, 11:50 PM
[QUOTE=GonzoRox88]
Peyton Manning
62/114 - 54%
683 yards
2 TD's/8 INT's
7 Sacks
0-3 record

They should of just benched his arse. We would have.

Smed1065
12-09-2007, 11:51 PM
All losses?

KCJohnny
12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
I think Brodie looks pretty good actually. He is hitting our dumbass receivers in the hand when he actually has time.ROFL

It's true!!! They act shocked to have the ball hit them in the hands!

FAX
I think Brodie looks pretty good actually. He is hitting our dumbass receivers in the hand when he actually has time.

It seems like our receivers aren't doing a heck of a lot of that actual receiving thing.

FAX

blueballs
Manning and Horseface were probably on bad teams
Brady not so much

Pablo
12-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Can ya dig up Troy Achmans stats first three games?

Troy Aikman
36/79 - 46%
504 yards
1 TD/6 INT's
6 Sacks
0-3 record

FAX
12-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Given this oline, we really should spot Croyle 2 wins and 5 sacks.

FAX

blueballs
Did Bowe play in cold weather games
don't follow college ball

KCJohnny
Troy Aikman
36/79 - 46%
504 yards
1 TD/6 INT's
6 Sacks
0-3 record

Boombada bing!

Croyle is looking pretty good!

Pablo
Given this oline, we really should spot Croyle 2 wins and 5 sacks.

FAXIt's only fair.

Pablo
12-09-2007, 11:55 PM
He attended LSU..so I doubt it very seriously.

FAX
12-09-2007, 11:55 PM

Good point. Not many. Not many at all.

FAX

KCJohnny
12-09-2007, 11:56 PM

FAX

He'd better learn, dammit, or we'll trade him to SD!

Pablo
12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
To be fair, Brodie attended Alabama, and he said he's only seen snow twice in his life...

I'm sure cold weather is something he'll get used to, as will Bowe, but I'm willing to bet it's a tad more difficult to throw and catch in Denver than it was in the Southland.

Rasputin
12-10-2007, 12:01 AM
So it's ok for Peyton, Aikman, Horseface, and a bunch of other young QBs to be given time to learn and teams build around them. But for KC Chiefs to give Brodie a chance and to build a team that can make him successfull, we can not. Go figure, we finally get a guy from the draft and he is put on a piss poor team like Peyton, Aikman and Horseface, were but we aint gonna give him a chance to be successfull for the long hall just get rid of him already. Bunch of BS to give up on Brodie JHC.

Pablo
12-10-2007, 12:05 AM
So it's ok for Peyton, Aikman, Horseface, and a bunch of other young QBs to be given time to learn and teams build around them. But for KC Chiefs to give Brodie a chance and to build a team that can make him successfull, we can not. Go figure, we finally get a guy from the draft and he is put on a piss poor team like Peyton, Aikman and Horseface, were but we aint gonna give him a chance to be successfull for the long hall just get rid of him already. Bunch of BS to give up on Brodie JHC.Some folks want instant gratification.. That's how it's always going to be. I'm sure there were plenty of fans in Indy, Dallas and Denver calling for their respective HOF QB's heads in their first season or two. If Brodie doesn't perform consistently next year, or totally flops, then we might look to the draft in 2009 for some serious competition.

But I haven't given up on him yet, I don't think the vast majority of Chiefs fans have.

"Bob" Dobbs
12-10-2007, 12:06 AM
The other point I haven't seen brought up is that this was Croyle/Bowe's first game in Denver. How do rookies usually fare at that altitude?

Hootie
12-10-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm only pointing out that comparing Brodie's awful start to the awful start of three HOF's is ridiculous...

The ratio for young QB's who start out awful and turn out to be awful rather than HOF material is probably 100:1.

blueballs
12-10-2007, 12:07 AM
It's easier to give up on a 3rd rounder
Hell look at those great Chiefs 2nd rounders

Rasputin
12-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm only pointing out that comparing Brodie's awful start to the awful start of three HOF's is ridiculous...

The ratio for young QB's who start out awful and turn out to be awful rather than HOF material is probably 100:1.

Your just gonna nock on him cus your guy SUCKED and you want Brodie to fail too. HUARD FOREVER / :rolleyes:

Rasputin
12-10-2007, 12:14 AM
It's easier to give up on a 3rd rounder
Hell look at those great Chiefs 2nd rounders

Oh yea all of those 2nd rounders, Matt Blundon &

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Oh yea all of those 2nd rounders, Matt Blundon &

Mike Elkins

Hootie
12-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Your just gonna nock on him cus your guy SUCKED and you want Brodie to fail too. HUARD FOREVER / :rolleyes:
Wrong.

I want Brodie to succeed, I'm a Chiefs fan.

But Herm was right to start Huard...Brodie is going to die behind this line and we have nothing resting on Huard...

Huard and Thigpen should finish out the year, too...fake a knee injury or something for Croyle and put him on IR...if Thigpen and Huard are too injured sign some dude off the street...I don't care.

We should've kept Casey...at least he could run away from pressure...just don't let him pass.

blueballs
12-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Bigfoot-Pollard-Kiwi-Savii
great players

Rasputin
12-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Mike Elkins

My bad, how could I've forgoten Mike Elkins :doh!:

Ari ümlaüt
12-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Where are you getting this data GonzoRox guy?

Pablo
12-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Where are you getting this data GonzoRox guy?Just go to nfl.com.

Then search players, and it gives the option for current and historical players. And it pretty much breaks everything down for you if you select a player, then select their game logs and the year you want to research.

Rain Man
12-10-2007, 12:29 AM

FAX

I think, though, that's because his blazing talent tended to heat up the air around him.

listopencil
12-10-2007, 03:24 AM
Jay Cutler:
48/82-58.53%
592 Yards
6 TD's 3 INT's
8 sacks and a 1-2 record

I guess he's a lock for the HOF.

stumppy
12-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Jay Cutler:
48/82-58.53%
592 Yards
6 TD's 3 INT's
8 sacks and a 1-2 record

I guess he's a lock for the HOF.

I think he's just comparing the heterosexual QB's.

EDIT :

Oops, my bad. I see he has ole horseface in there too.

thehead
12-10-2007, 06:29 AM

Na just compare him to Huard first 9 years
:p

Mecca
12-10-2007, 06:41 AM
The only thing I saw that bothered me is that he tried to throw a ball to Kris Wilson with Champ Bailey covering him...

thehead
12-10-2007, 06:44 AM
The only thing I saw that bothered me is that he tried to throw a ball to Kris Wilson with Champ Bailey covering him...

Wilson could not catch the ball if he was by him self much less Bailey on him, another wasted draft pick.

tiptap
12-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I don't think you try to draft a QB the way Croyle is playing. We need better offensive and defensive line play. We wait on the QB to give Croyle a chance. My only concern is his injury record. Get the good line though and a lot of that concern goes away.

Easy 6
12-10-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't think you try to draft a QB the way Croyle is playing. We need better offensive and defensive line play. We wait on the QB to give Croyle a chance. My only concern is his injury record. Get the good line though and a lot of that concern goes away.

Exactly, he's doing about as good as a young QB can amid this farce, especially yesterday...the run game was non-existent, balls were being dropped left & right, the pass pro was mostly a joke.

Just like one of the announcers said yesterday "when all is said & done, he's gonna be a good one", so the very last thing i wanna see in the draft, like so many are ALREADY saying, is us taking Brohm or whoever...yeah, lets just keep the QB carousel spinning at full-tilt & not give a good player a chance to develop :rolleyes: .

Brodie Croyle - Today, Tomorrow, Next year & the 9 After That.

OctoberFart
12-10-2007, 08:58 AM
QB's usually start their career pretty good until several game tapes are out on them. I believe it takes 10 games to make a realistic judgement on a QB. Croyle has looked pretty good so far, but he is going to be injury prone just like college unless he can put some pounds on and KC improves the OL.

Big Chief Homer
12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
There is one variable between brodie and all those other qbs past and present.

Who is tutoring brodie croyle?All of those other qbs in one way or another in some shape or form had someone to mentor them.

What does brodie have in KC? Dick Curl?Huard? a career back up with very little playing time himself.

Lets give the kid some help.A decent o-line and viable qb coach and i think the kid will be pretty good.

lostknight
12-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Please remember that you are comparing Quarterbacks who entered the league with plays being signaled in, with players who get a nice little voice in their head telling them exactly what to do. Marino and Elway both had more issue with that then anything else.

As Cutler has shown, you really need a full season to see if the hype is worth the digital print costs.

Pablo
12-10-2007, 10:12 AM
The original post wasn't specifically meant to compare stats to HOF'ers, rather to show that "pocket presence" isn't something all QB's pick up right off the bat.

The sacks were the most important stat to me, I was trying to show Brodie gets sacked just as much in his first three games as some great QB's did.

The other stats and comparisons were just for fun.

Ari ümlaüt
12-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Just go to nfl.com.

Then search players, and it gives the option for current and historical players. And it pretty much breaks everything down for you if you select a player, then select their game logs and the year you want to research.

very nice, sir.

C-Mac
12-10-2007, 10:46 AM
It seems like our receivers aren't doing a heck of a lot of that actual receiving thing.

FAX
While I think that the velocity of Brodies passes combined with the cold weather accounted for some of the drops...its no real excuse because TG found a way to make his catches.

KCJohnny
12-10-2007, 06:56 PM
I heard Neil and Marty on 810 sports today say KC ought to draft Brohm or Ryan #1. They said they are not sold on Croyle. I think Croyle will have a long NFL career here or somewhere else. I just hope its here and with a real grownup running the offense.

CoMoChief
12-10-2007, 07:08 PM
The other point I haven't seen brought up is that this was Croyle/Bowe's first game in Denver. How do rookies usually fare at that altitude?
It's overrated a lot more than people think.

I can sure as shit tell you altitude has NOT been the reason why the Chiefs have lost in DEN for the past decade.

HemiEd
12-10-2007, 07:12 PM
The losses are hard to live with. So are the sacks.

Otherwise, it's not bad, I guess. I wonder ... are we really lucky enough to have found a franchise-caliber quarterback? Probably not. But if so, are these coaches qualified to bring him along? Probably not. But if so, can we surround him with sufficient talent to make him a winner? Probably not.

So what's the point? Anybody watch any rasslin' lately?

FAX
ROFL

Pablo
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm laughing at the Tyler Thigpen avatar.

Easy 6
12-10-2007, 07:18 PM
I heard Neil and Marty on 810 sports today say KC ought to draft Brohm or Ryan #1. They said they are not sold on Croyle. I think Croyle will have a long NFL career here or somewhere else. I just hope its here and with a real grownup running the offense.

Its simply mindboggling how anyone could want to restart a QB controversy after what we've been through the last 2 years...we've seen the numbers & Brodie stacks up just fine, he's trying to steer a car in a tornado & he's just gotten his damn license.

I can only hope that that option isnt even on managements radar.

Pablo
12-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I heard Neil and Marty on 810 sports today say KC ought to draft Brohm or Ryan #1. They said they are not sold on Croyle. I think Croyle will have a long NFL career here or somewhere else. I just hope its here and with a real grownup running the offense.And they're obviously idiots.

Seriously. If you've watched Brohm or Ryan play, they aren't elite talents. They aren't the kind of QB's you want to build a franchise on, they are better than average, and they damn sure don't look any better than Brodie did coming out of college, injury problems aside.

You put those guys behind this line and they will get injured. They will throw a hellacious amount of INT's and they will get sack/stripped the same way Brodie is.

I can't see how anyone who has covered the Chiefs for more than a couple of seasons couldn't be ecstatic about young blood at the QB position. How can you be sold on any QB after three games? It's impossible.

If Brodie totally bombs next season behind a *better* line and can't make the correct reads, and throws a ton of INT's, I think we draft a QB for competition. That's it. Then we let them duel it out in the 2009 Camp and Preseason.

I'm not sold on Brodie completely..but I'm willing to give the guy a damn chance, especially when he's playing behind 5 Michelin men who couldn't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. Let him play..speculate all you want through the season next year, and if we have to bring in some competition, so be it.

Ugly Duck
12-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Brodie looks pretty damn good in comparison to some other HOF QB's in his first 3 starts.

Brobie Coyle looks pretty damn good compared to wimps like Peyton Manning, John Elway, and Tom Brady.

Okay....

FAX
12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Brobie Coyle looks pretty damn good compared to wimps like Peyton Manning, John Elway, and Tom Brady.

Okay....

Laugh now, Mr. Ugly Duck. But, if the plan comes to fruition, Brobie will be spanking your asses for the next decade.

You have been warned. Prepare your asses.

FAX

Halfcan
12-10-2007, 10:00 PM
The only knock I have on Brodie is that he is not much of a leader. He is TOO quiet- he just sits and pouts on the sideline.

Hey dipshit-your team almost went an entire game without a 1st down- but you sit there and grin.

NEXT!!!!!!

FAX
12-10-2007, 10:04 PM
The only knock I have on Brodie is that he is not much of a leader. He is TOO quiet- he just sits and pouts on the sideline.

Hey dipshit-your team almost went an entire game without a 1st down- but you sit there and grin.

NEXT!!!!!!

That was likely a grimace. His internal organs had be rearranged several times by the 3rd quarter, Mr. Halfcan.

Besides, I think a guy can only bounce so many passes off his receivers' numbers before he says, to hell with it.

FAX

Easy 6
12-10-2007, 10:07 PM

NEXT!!!!!!

Yep, lets just run'em through here like temps at a warehouse...who needs consistency right???

No first time starter is going to be vocal & get in vets faces...that kind of respect must be earned.

Also, i didnt see him grin one damn time.

Ugly Duck
12-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Prepare your asses.

Ooooohh, FAX! I love it when you talk like that!

xbarretx
12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
its good to see people realizing that the mistakes (minus pocket pressure..which once he feels he can scramble :)) arent all his fault. once we build a Line....welll have a running game again... and once we get Bowe and TG some help...its going to be sweet!

Halfcan
12-10-2007, 10:22 PM
That was likely a grimace. His internal organs had be rearranged several times by the 3rd quarter, Mr. Halfcan.

Besides, I think a guy can only bounce so many passes off his receivers' numbers before he says, to hell with it.

FAX

You could be right-it was a slaughter how our line laid down-pink slips should be handed out.....

Someone should lose their job.......

Oh yeah this is the Chiefs-all players get the Simms amount of time to SUCK before they are quietly let go.

Halfcan
12-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Yep, lets just run'em through here like temps at a warehouse...who needs consistency right???

No first time starter is going to be vocal & get in vets faces...that kind of respect must be earned.

Also, i didnt see him grin one damn time.

So if not the QB, Head Coach, Carl, Our dipshit out of town owner- WHO is going to step up and scream at these puzzies for one of the worst losses in team history??? :banghead:

I can only do so much with my wit and keyboard-lol

BTW Tom, Peyton, Brett-got in people faces their first years. The ones that didn't like it-were gone the next year. Thats part of being the QB.